Mt. San Antonio College Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Great place to teach
History Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 10, 2018
I went to school here myself 30 years ago. I now teach here. I love Mt SAC. Very diverse student body. Collegial atmosphere among colleagues. Beautiful campus. State of the art technology.
Pros
Online teaching
Not a bad place to work
STUDENT ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 7, 2018
The work is not tough on a daily basis but when hard work does come in, it is tough. Management is always willing to understand within reason. Everyone is friendly and their is always something to do and things to learn.
Great place to gain experience, but marred by office politics and indifference to workers.
Student Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 31, 2018
I loved my job at Mt SAC. I worked at the Counseling Center front desk. Everyday I gave that place my all and never had complaints from students or counselors. I provided support to students by scheduling their appointments or providing general information as to the processes of the department. I also learned phone etiquette and how to perform average office tasks. Those tasks varied from filing to work space maintenance. I had some great coworkers whom I genuinely enjoyed working with.

The problems arise with the culture in the office. There is extreme favoritism and an obscene amount of office politics. For the majority of the 3 years I was considered a stellar worker. They couldn't find a fault with my work. Then I had personal problems and started having trouble with the consistency of my work. I never received a proper warning or was talked to in regards to my performance. If you work here as a student, know this, you are disposable to them.
Pros
Great school/work/life balance, Great place to network.
Cons
Mismanagement, Indifference to Student Workers, No Advancement, No Paid Leave, Once You Falter You're on the Chopping Block
Good student job
Student Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 16, 2018
High traffic school, so it's a pretty fast paced environment. Not as much time to do side things, such as student homework etc, but the pay is okay and people are grateful if you're good enough
I enjoyed my classes
Adult Education Teacher/Individuals (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 25, 2018
I loved my classes and students that I provided services for however management was not good at the time. No support from management and at the time was not fair to all employees.
Pros
great students
Cons
had to travel to various sites
life at the job
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 23, 2018
i hated all the staff who worked. i had a supervisor who was always in a bad mood and was never friendly. the staff were hostel and rude and were never happy.
Pros
Cons
no paid leave
Excellence Driven
Professor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 29, 2018
If you are a perfectionist at your job, Mt. SAC is the place for you! I love that no matter what field or discipline you work in, success of both the students and faculty are celebrated. Prepare to work hard, be challenged, and also to grow as an individual.
Great place to work!
Math & C.S. Tutor (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 28, 2018
I loved working in the lab. I even went in to help students before and after my classes on days that I wasn't working just because I enjoy teaching so much. My bosses were great too. No students get full time positions, though; it's not a job that will pay your bills, but it's great while you're a student to make a little extra money.
Amazing College and incredible Staff
Clerical/Work Study/Adult Education (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 16, 2018
Excellent worker, detailed oriented, reliable , dependable,hard working and always on time.
Over 15 years of clerical and Hospital experience.
Enjoy helping others in need and helping people.
Caring and a compassionate person.
Pros
Excellent College and wonderful staff members.
Cons
was a work study position graduated from Mt Sac.
N/a
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 29, 2018
A simple student worker job, doing basic office work. The schedules were flexible and worked around your class schedule. It was a contract job that required you to fill out a time sheet every two weeks.
Reputable place to work
Student Worker Cal Works Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 23, 2018
Mt. San Antonio College is a wonderful place to work. I would work there again if the opportunity presented itself. Working as a Cal Works Specialist helped me decide a career path.
Pros
opportunity to work and take classed.
Cons
temporary.
Beautiful campus
Adjunct music instructor (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 1, 2018
Adjuncts are rarely given full time consideration. This makes for a less than adequate experience when you have put in excellent work. The upside for me was the students who were great.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Poor advancement opportunities for adjuncts
Workstudy
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMarch 23, 2018
Work-study is cool when its your freshmen year of college. It keeps you focused and it keeps money in your pockets. I worked with the toddlers so that was fun.
Solid Large Community College
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAFebruary 6, 2018
For such a large school, the classes were reasonably sized. As an adjunct once you're there 2 years without gaps (other than summer quarter) you are eligible for Health Insurance. A nice perk for part time professors.
Student Employee
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 31, 2018
In the past year working as a studnet employee certainly helped me gain a different perspective in my life. The pay was enough although as a student you are not allowed to be working more then 19 hours a week.
job at mount sac college
Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 29, 2018
i like working at this college
it is a community college and one of largest community college in California . they have many classes and programs that meet my needs
Very enjoyable experience
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It was pretty difficult to get certain concepts through to the students but it was a very enjoyable when they finally understood. There needs to be a lot of patience and time management associated to helping students understand.
Male Dominated trades are horrific to women
Groundskeeper/Maintenance and Landscape (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 23, 2018
not a healthy environment for women to work in. harassed in every way you can think of being a woman in a male dominated industry (trades and grounds). They have a saying we're family but it's like gossip girls and spreading rumors and playing politics rather than a family driven atmosphere.
socialize with deaf and hearing of hard students
College Math Tutor Assistant/Front Desk Admin (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 9, 2018
the strong communication with people
monitoring others while they work
strong mathematical skills
responsible, reliable and flexible
Excellent Decision and judgment skills
Pros
free snack, give free Education
Cons
health insurance, 401k
Great Place to work
Coordinator of Grants (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 3, 2018
This is a great place to work and attend college. Mt. SAC has a lot to offer. The only downfall is a person often cannot work full-time and also teach at the college due to overtime allotment that the college does not have in its budget.