Mt. San Antonio College Employee Reviews

I loved working for Mt Sac
Planetarium Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 27, 2019
Everyone at Mt Sac is wonderful and every position helps you grow and learn. I worked multiple temporary positions for work study and then a regular part time position at the planetarium, which i absolutely loved.
Pros
Progressive work environment
Cons
Pay not very high
What to expect all around
Student Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CADecember 20, 2018
The environment was very encouraging towards giving you many opportunities to try other task, so that you can get a sense of different office jobs in a professional setting. Also, the culture was family oriented very well. Because the supervisors understood that we were students first and they respected that. Hardest part of the job was at the end of a semester at Mt San Antonio College when finals week would take place and all the students that would come into our office to take their final exams with our proctors. The most enjoyable is everyone that you get to work with because everyone is very nice and willing to assist if you have any questions for any project a student assistant was working on. I learned and developed a lot of new soft skills and new positions such as clerical work, tram driver, and working our departments booth at school events.
Work Study or Not, Get A Job on Campus
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CANovember 23, 2018
Of you enjoying helping others, are skilled in a particular area, or are studying in a certain field, then getting a job on campus can be very insightful and lucrative. Working on campus gives real world experience that prepares your for after college life, and the contacts you make will be long lasting. I recommend working here if your are a student, work study recipient, or have an Associates or Bachelors degree and are looking for a great career.
Athletics Department
Adjunct Professor / Assistant Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CANovember 19, 2018
The management and culture within the athletics department is criminal! If you are not apart of their clique, they will use every unethical and unprofessional manner to get you out of there. The athletics director is a coward with no character and if the college ever wants to reach the level they profess to currently be at, he needs to be reassigned to another position immediately.
Pros
Cons
Athletic Administration
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 31, 2018
Wonderful place to learn your base for working in an office oriented enviroment, from answering phone calls, fowarding and responding to emails, learning how to satisfy students and what to ask for during a call to make it as calm and helpful as possible. Also learning microsoft office as a tool to better organize yourself and others.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
easy
Teacher Preparation Institute Ambassador (Former Employee) –  TPIOctober 2, 2018
easy job to do unless you don't enjoy public speaking. you do have to be comfortable speaking to full classrooms of students and engaging them on your presentations. also, the job says you will get paid 22/hour but it is really $22 per presentation and you will probably only do like 3/4 a week that take less than 20 min
Incredible
Tech Theatre Crew (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 20, 2018
Work hours are whenever you are free and a great opportunity to get experience during free-time while at school. Instructor was very helpful in teaching efficient and safe handling of the tools and zero injury occurrence in my time there.
Pros
Excellent training in every type of commonplace project tool
Cons
No pay unless you apply and are hired by him after 3 semesters
slow, but productive workplace
Receptionist / Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 11, 2018
i usually worked by myself on the computer, as well as organizing the workplace. In occasion i would go out to put signs for events and new opportunities for students. when students com in i would inform them of our programs to my best, However with limited knowledge i was not confident in my abilities.
I did work study
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 16, 2018
I did work study. I graded papers, mostly. As well as acted as a psuedo-librarian in the high school portion of the school. Students who came here were here to finish high school late or to make up credits.
Great place to teach
History Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 10, 2018
I went to school here myself 30 years ago. I now teach here. I love Mt SAC. Very diverse student body. Collegial atmosphere among colleagues. Beautiful campus. State of the art technology.
Pros
Online teaching
Not a bad place to work
STUDENT ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 7, 2018
The work is not tough on a daily basis but when hard work does come in, it is tough. Management is always willing to understand within reason. Everyone is friendly and their is always something to do and things to learn.
Great place to gain experience, but marred by office politics and indifference to workers.
Student Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 31, 2018
I loved my job at Mt SAC. I worked at the Counseling Center front desk. Everyday I gave that place my all and never had complaints from students or counselors. I provided support to students by scheduling their appointments or providing general information as to the processes of the department. I also learned phone etiquette and how to perform average office tasks. Those tasks varied from filing to work space maintenance. I had some great coworkers whom I genuinely enjoyed working with.

The problems arise with the culture in the office. There is extreme favoritism and an obscene amount of office politics. For the majority of the 3 years I was considered a stellar worker. They couldn't find a fault with my work. Then I had personal problems and started having trouble with the consistency of my work. I never received a proper warning or was talked to in regards to my performance. If you work here as a student, know this, you are disposable to them.
Pros
Great school/work/life balance, Great place to network.
Cons
Mismanagement, Indifference to Student Workers, No Advancement, No Paid Leave, Once You Falter You're on the Chopping Block
Good student job
Student Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 16, 2018
High traffic school, so it's a pretty fast paced environment. Not as much time to do side things, such as student homework etc, but the pay is okay and people are grateful if you're good enough
I enjoyed my classes
Adult Education Teacher/Individuals (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 25, 2018
I loved my classes and students that I provided services for however management was not good at the time. No support from management and at the time was not fair to all employees.
Pros
great students
Cons
had to travel to various sites
life at the job
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 23, 2018
i hated all the staff who worked. i had a supervisor who was always in a bad mood and was never friendly. the staff were hostel and rude and were never happy.
Pros
Cons
no paid leave
Excellence Driven
Professor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 29, 2018
If you are a perfectionist at your job, Mt. SAC is the place for you! I love that no matter what field or discipline you work in, success of both the students and faculty are celebrated. Prepare to work hard, be challenged, and also to grow as an individual.
Great place to work!
Math & C.S. Tutor (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 28, 2018
I loved working in the lab. I even went in to help students before and after my classes on days that I wasn't working just because I enjoy teaching so much. My bosses were great too. No students get full time positions, though; it's not a job that will pay your bills, but it's great while you're a student to make a little extra money.
Amazing College and incredible Staff
Clerical/Work Study/Adult Education (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 16, 2018
Excellent worker, detailed oriented, reliable , dependable,hard working and always on time.
Over 15 years of clerical and Hospital experience.
Enjoy helping others in need and helping people.
Caring and a compassionate person.
Pros
Excellent College and wonderful staff members.
Cons
was a work study position graduated from Mt Sac.
N/a
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 29, 2018
A simple student worker job, doing basic office work. The schedules were flexible and worked around your class schedule. It was a contract job that required you to fill out a time sheet every two weeks.
Reputable place to work
Student Worker Cal Works Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 23, 2018
Mt. San Antonio College is a wonderful place to work. I would work there again if the opportunity presented itself. Working as a Cal Works Specialist helped me decide a career path.
Pros
opportunity to work and take classed.
Cons
temporary.