Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Financial department (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2018
MWPH is dedicated to the care of the patients and does a great job. However they do not value their employees. There is job security but no room for advancement in certain departments. There is no consistency with management. Benefit plan doubled and is very expensive and there aren’t any options to choose from. Only 2% raise which is sometimes fully given.
Skills and general activities
Summer Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 2, 2018
I created Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to catalogue data. This data either pertained to the people working at the hospital or the materials that were purchased.
very nice and clean place
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2018
staff was good environment was great pay was ok working with the children was the best ever. loved it here and i'm sorry i couldn't stick around. i really love it here
Pros
working with the children
Registration
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Greeted patients and families for there appointment and got them registered to see the doctors. Built a good relationship with many family this is pediatric hospital love what I did.

I love doing the back end also getting the authorization for up coming visits.
Mt. Washington
Security & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 20, 2017
I was offered a position at the state level (Maryland) as a Child Advocate. The position salary was an increase from what I was receiving at the Mt. Washington Hospital.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2017
Good place to work. Moral is good. Team work among co-works are okay. Managers are respectful of employees. Mission and vision of Institute incorporate
REview
Outpatient Administrator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MD 20785November 5, 2017
Mt. Washington is a fast pace environment and it requires to multi-task. Mt. Washington is a Pediatric facility and I loved working with children. The hardest part of the job is being around very sick children. The work place was diverse and I learned how to operated the office with very little supervison.
Pros
working with children
Cons
seeing sick children
Great place to start if you are coming out of school
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2017
Great teamwork, growing leadership, excellent hands on education for up and coming medical assistants who want to become RNs, education is well supported, excellent place to start when coming right out of school.
Love working here because I love kids it's not for everybody.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2017
Working here has been a real experience both good and bad. Working here has no room for advancement for the techs. Basically they are babysitters. This job would be a good job for someone thats just starting off or someone that just needs some pediatric experience under their belt. If you have the experience like I do as far as iv's insertion, foley insertion, Ekg's and you want to be able to use your skills then this will not be the place for you. If your heart does not have a special place for children then please save your self some time and keep looking. This job requires much patients and if you dont have any then this is not the job for you.
Loved it!
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2017
I love the environment, people, and management. I also really enjoyed the scope of work and they have great benefits. The only downside is the compensation.
I enjoy most of my time at Mt. Washington
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2017
Mt. Washington was a wonderful place to work. The executive staff made themself know to all the employees. They always had events appreciating their staff and uplifting the patient. My immediate supervisors was wonderful and we had a close relationship. I was known as a hard worker and the executive staff knew who i was. I would recommend anyone to work for them. They also did things for the community. Excellent place to work.
outstanding department
Program Analyst and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2017
I worked for the Rehabiliation Department and my immediate supervisor was excellent to work for. The Rehab staff was excellent to work for. Upper management really supported there staff. I can only say good things doing this position at Mt. Washington.
overall a good place to start
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2017
The job itself is very rewarding. However there is constant changes in management, and a huge lack of communication most of the time. on the peds unit the cna's pretty much run the show. on the neonatal unit, its more of a team effort. some days are smooth, some are crazy. but thats the nature of the job. it is a wonderful way to get your foot in the door with peds. but the pay is awful.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
pay
interesting
Child Life/ Therapeutic Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2017
Child Life and Therapeutic Recreation Therapists work collaboratively to promote the optimum development of infants, children and adolescents. They focus on the psychosocial, developmental and educational needs of children and promote normal childhood growth and development, as well as introducing them to leisure activities, adapted sports and community re-entry
Wonderful place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2017
MWPH is a wonderful place to work. The community of doctors, nurses and therapists truly feels like a family. The diverse patient caseload is challenging and fun.
Small hospital that does big things.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2017
Wonderful people.

Organization is slow to adopt more advanced technology to connect people and processes for better work flow.

Management needs to trust their staff more and work across disciplines.
Pros
Free parking, lovely wooded campus.
Cons
Pay is lower than most organizations.
Please don't apply here!
Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2017
Management sucks!
No advancement!
Cut throat system!
Stay away!!
No recognition nor thank you's
Will definitely over work you with little pay!!
6month probation period!
Compassionate and patient-centered environment
Child Life Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2017
Volunteering at Mt. Washington has been an absolute pleasure due to the compassion and care provided by each employee. The patients and their families are the top priority at Mt. Washington. Anyone with a passion for infants/children and healthcare would fit right in!
Busy work day in PG
Admission Assistant also Front office coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2016
I feel that i have been able to handle phones, appt, scheduling, making new appts, getting authorization, verifying benefits, submitting claims to insurance company for payments. also other job duties that i love doing, multi task is also another thing that i have to be and love being.
Pros
pt's interactions, problem solver, helper when my services are needed at organization.
Cons
Office is in PG and i live in Baltimore.
See Below
Security Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2016
Generating reports, assisting the security manager in every aspect needed. supervising officers, scheduling officers, payroll, and providing the best custromer service to internal and external customers.
Pros
My department is a great team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital Reviews by Location