MTD Products Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A very great workplace
Line Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 13, 2018
The experience that I have at Mtd was very good they give u the opportunity to move up to a better position with better pay I started off in welding for a second then went assembly paying 10-12 dollars a hours worked my way up to Line Inspector for a year making $15.34 that was a great experience until I figured why stop there continue on by moving into Graphics shipping and receiving being in a competitive dept that consists of your job on the line.I was responsible for sending different types of labels,parts and packages through out the area especially overseas.
Pros
Your own set pace
Cons
Different hours
Great workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNAugust 12, 2018
• my typical day at work is I covered the mower with plastic and staple it to the pallet. •I learned how to run the machines on the pack line. •Management there is great. •Everyone there is great to work with. •Nothing there is hard just depends on if you want to work or not.
•I had a great partner that was really great to work with. I got along with everyone I work with
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Could get paid more
N/a
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSAugust 9, 2018
MTD was a life time experience for me ill never not remember i learned to much and took in a look it was an experience i wanted to take to know what field i wanted to go into in school and i have many memories
Good co-workers, horrible management and pay
Assemler/Cell Leader/Repair Man (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSJuly 30, 2018
Great people on floor to work with, but employees are well undervalued, and management sugar coats and hides information unless asked for specifically
Work at MTD
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSJuly 18, 2018
Typical day at MTD just consist of standing in one spot doing the assigned job . You're given 3 short breaks to eat and use restroom if needed. The hardest part would be the heat in the building but that's normal considering that its in factory .
Pros
vending machine
Cons
short break
Productive work, plenty to learn
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Willard, OHJune 22, 2018
The work place was great, really enjoyed my fellow employees. They made the job fun. This is a fast pace job. Easy work as long as you wanted to work. Not a whole lot of negative actions or words.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Working
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 30, 2018
Just report to work on time , come from breaks on time , and doing what you suppose to do. Stay out of people faces and just do your job ! Work your shift and go home !
Pros
Working 4 days a week
Cons
Shortbreaks, bad attitudes from co workers
It’s a great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNMay 29, 2018
It’s a great place to work if you like moving all the time the supervisors and team leaders are really helpful and they make sure your comfortable where you are at
Pros
Sometimes they had free lunches
Cons
Not enough bathroom breaks
most jobs a re not hard.
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Willard, OHMay 23, 2018
learn the system and management is okay.
hardest part of the job is the people around you.
most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work alone
Pros
can take schedule breaks at different times for help control the job efficiency
Cons
everyone is wanting something form you pulling you different directions.
It’s a fast and repetitive job but the work atmosphere is laid back and welcome
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYMay 16, 2018
A typical work day is pushing out a lot of transmissions and leaving dirty. But mtd helped me with multitasks and using two different machines at once. You don’t have to worry about drama and be harassed and if that is a problem management handles it right that and with no favoritism. With that being said the hardest thing about this job is getting your own groove.
Pros
A lot of great people to work with
Cons
Come home greasy
Fast Paced, Demanding
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHApril 16, 2018
Physically tough, but well worth the pay rate, plenty of hours, employees have great relationship with superiors, very helpful peers, ability to work on assignments according to employee needs
Pros
Overtime readily available
Cons
Physically taxing
Good company to work for
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNApril 16, 2018
Management and Staff were all considerate and good to deal with. Pay wasn't bad and had lots of other perks. Overall, I thought it was one of the best places that I had ever worked at because of the people.
Pros
Many free meals, Annual Picnic.
Cons
Fast paced and physical work.
Overall Happy, but limited advancement
District Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 7, 2018
I am happy with working for MTD, however, there is very little room for advancement unless you would like to move to Cleveland Ohio. I have also found that with my current experience, background, and excellent performance with my job, I believe I am underpaid.
This is an ok job for about 6 months out of a year then you get laid off.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNMarch 24, 2018
They only hire through the temp service and you only get to work about 6 months out of a year. They never hire anyone permanently so they don't have to pay insurance or holiday pay. I have worked there four seasons.
Pros
The pay is ok and you get 40 hours a week while you are there.
Cons
They lay off every spring, they never hire anyone permanently so they don't have to give them insurance or holiday pay.
It was an alright place to work for your first job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSMarch 14, 2018
A typical day at work was always stressed and tiring depending on where you worked at that day. I learned how to operate in different areas of the job. Management was okay.
productive and easy
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNFebruary 13, 2018
work at Mtd was pretty decent. i worked there straight after high school and had no problem completing job tasks. worst pat of the job is management and their safety is not that great people get hurt regularly and the people responsible hardly ever take responsibility.
MTD is a slave pit
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHFebruary 12, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for this company unless you like to be a temp forever and get crapped on by supervisors if you aren't part of the "mtd family"
Productive & focused
Hamilton Ryker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSJanuary 23, 2018
MTD is a warehouse job that makes lawnmowers . The objective was to meet the requirements each day before leaving work . My job was getting at least 12 transmissions on the table , to keep the next line from stopping. Learning to build the most important part on a lawnmower was a different type of experience & actually impressive.
Pros
Popeyes every wednesday
Cons
Only two 15 minute breaks
Large faithful place to work.
Supply Planner (Wheel Products Div) (Current Employee) –  Valley City, OHJanuary 10, 2018
MTD Products is a company that has a strong heritage & believes in its employees. It allows its employees to have a well balance work/family balance.
Great place of employment
Lawn equipment testing (Current Employee) –  Valley City, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Working at MTD Products is a great experience. Being employed here has tought me many great things such as, how to use different types of lawn equipment. I also learned how different types of grass are treated and taken care of.
Pros
45 minuet lunch every other Friday.
Cons
Poor weather conditions