MTEQ, Inc. Employee Reviews

transition
Document Release Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 7, 2018
I transitioned from one contracting company to another, they were the competitor. The company is fairly new, though they have managing who have been in the business for years. I have no complaints about the company, management or their mission. They support their clients and do the best they can with in the constraints of the contracts and clients.

the only think I dislike Is communication it sometimes take a while for everyone to get informed and the pay schedule which is twice a month. This can be hard if moving from other types pay schedules.
Pros
Local, friendly, competative
Cons
pay schedule
Revolving Door
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 20, 2018
Management is awful. They get rid of so many people in such a short time frame for bogus infractions that everyone might as well be a new hire. Nothing is managed well and no one is irreplaceable no matter how good at their job they seem to be.
Mteq
Property Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 30, 2018
I was recruited to join the company only issues i have had was the management was lacking and the job security seem to be frail.I was offered a job and had it taken away after I left my prior job.
Higher management have no idea whats going beyond arms length
Lead System Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJuly 28, 2017
Aside from the on site manager who quit shortly after joining Mteq, the entire management/ administrative staff have no idea what the APG portion of the company is doing. What i mean is that the Admin team couldn't even identify what each employees responsibilities were or if their clients were happy with the work done. Leaving it entirely to the employee to interface with the client and manage their expectations. As a technical employee that is not at all my strong suit. It can also lead to major miscommunication as to what each employee is responsible for.
Pros
A job. No real standouts. Average compensation
Cons
Lack luster benefits. Poor senior management
Vast Opportunities
Office Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 4, 2018
In all the years that I worked for the company, I was able to work in many different sectors of the government which helped me obtain more than just Office Admin skills.
Productive, fun workplace with great community
IT Intern - Assisted IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aquia, VAMarch 17, 2016
My favorite part of working at MTEQ was the community - even though my stay was a short one, I feel like I was able to really connect with those who worked there. Everyone was open and friendly and I was immediately accepted into the community and was able to join the weekly ritual of "Cheap Wednesday" (a nearby Mexican restaurant had half price Wednesdays).

A typical day in my life at MTEQ entailed coming into the office in the morning, normally around 7:30am-8am and immediately getting to work on any work from the previous day or one of my ongoing projects. As I was an IT intern, various other tasks would pop up over the day (any technical needs of the other employees were granted priority over my current projects).

Overall it was a positive experience with great opportunity to learn what it was like to work in a full-time environment and interact and work closely with supervisors as well as fellow coworkers.
Love being able to provide our troops with the gear they need to suppoort our country in this war
Logistician/Fielder (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 8, 2012
I was never in the military and by being in this contract business for several years i have been shipped all over the world to include Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq. I have been able to experience what our troops go through on a daily basis day in and day out. Im proud to be able to sum part in supporting our troops to the best of my ability, by doin so i feel just as if i were a soldier in battle right along side them.
Pros
supprting our troops all over the world
Cons
being gone for several weeks at a time
Exciting & Interesting Work
Design Engineer/Project Engineer / Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAApril 5, 2013
MTEQ is a fast paced and often demanding company to work for. However this is >absolutely normal< in high quality military contract manufacturing. What is manufactured there is a 'techies' dream, if you're into fieldable military electronics made to operate under the toughest field conditions.
Pros
great technology, interesting products for the worlds best military.
Cons
tempermental owners who hire/fire senior senior staff for no professionally supportable reason, much like stalin during a purge.
Provide useful products and services to the US war fighters
CORPORATE DIRECTOR OF QUALITY (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 21, 2016
MTEQ provides useful products and services to the US war fighters. The company is growing fast. But too much pressure on senior employees because of little human resources available. The company needs to pay for the certifications of its employees.
Pros
Company is growing
Cons
Too much presure on senior employees
MTEQ is a great place to work
EO-IR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAMay 5, 2017
The people are hard working and the work is interesting. Most efforts were on sensitive programs for the military. The worst thing was the traffic getting around the area.
People are friendly
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAOctober 10, 2012
This place builds some interesting and fun assemblies. Managment has some major issues though. It feels as though they don't care about their emplyees, and only about meeting their deadlines.
Pros
work hours
Cons
lack of direction and information to perform tasks
nice place to work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAApril 19, 2016
I think this is a pretty good company to work for if you are an up and coming student/ young adult and need a job to get started in, I learned alot at this job.
Pros
days shift
Cons
layoffs
Excellent team work, and fast paste production
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VASeptember 4, 2014
The hardest part of the job is using heat guns for hours at times...very relax environment .
Pros
relax place
Cons
short breaks
people frendly
ivnertory manager (Former Employee) –  kilmornock, vaMarch 1, 2012
They were positive and very helpfull in bring me into there work place and showed me everything I needed to knwo to be productive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTEQ, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.