MTS Employee Reviews

Daily Routine at MTS
EMT (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJMay 13, 2018
We start the day with a daily staff meeting.
Afterwards we are assigned our workload and check status of the vehicle and its supplies. We would then coordinate with the dispatcher and Begin pickup of the patients in a timely fashion.

I learned the ropes from the bottom up. When the supervisor was on vacation , he would leave me in charge and i would coordinate the patient transports and handle all paperwork.

The Workplace Culture was very diverse.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with Rush hour traffic, but aside from that, there were not too many challenges.
The most enjoyable part of the job, would be to see satisfied patients after they received service.
Decent pay but poorly managed.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Don’t really have much to say about MTS. It has its advantages and disadvantages just like any other company. They have a lot of jobs ranging from local to regional. Decent pay.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Stress from management
Went from a 10 to a 2
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 6, 2018
ever since we switched terminals and found out the day before christmas when they new 30 days prior is pretty sad and unprofesional . if i were in management i would have let them know sooner just to give them a heads up
Pros
job
Cons
poor management
It’s a stressful but good paying job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 31, 2017
It’s a stressful atmosphere but it pays well and you get to work with amazing people.It has taught me a lot about the public, it has a lot of new adventures throughout the day and week.
Very good people to work with
Medical transporting driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at MTS and i enjoyed the people i met each day. Everyone i worked with were very kind and pleasant to be around. I like people because i see the good in everyone.
Love my job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2017
Dispatch has obvious favorites and favors those drivers - hard to believe that you can go from almost 3000 miles one week to maybe 1500 the next. Inconsistent miles
Pros
Cons
Driver favortisim
Hard to get my hours
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLJuly 13, 2017
Close to home. Home every night. Not paid accordingly. Work different hours all of the time. Every week driving something different. Can not plan ahead on bills because not sure what you will take home on Friday.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not enough hours, have to work overtime to make a descent check.
It was an ok place at one time
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Toledo.ohioApril 30, 2017
Dispatcher show favoritism runs cancelling.manger even show ed favoritism. Dispatchers trying. To make u do runs that u can not do in a timely. Manner
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Heathcare and pay
Nice work environment
Driver Tractor Trailer (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Work 6 days a week, slip seat trucks, new hires floating routes and times.
Management doesn't communicate with the drivers (very unprofessional).
Pros
good paycheck when working
Cons
lay offs
Gas station, also served ice cream and snow cones
Construction clean up,flagger (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 18, 2017
Really great staff to work with. Very friendly, low prices, no ethonal, and decent pay. Small buisness, family owned and ran franchise. Offered voulenteer work to church kids and former students during summer vacation. The only store in town that does charge accounts for gas for the police and other business of the surroundings area.
Pros
Great for fill ups, good ice cream
Cons
Small staff, some out of date merchandise
Job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 3, 2016
we don't get paid what we should or get great benefits. everything falls on the dsp's and we were promised raises and still have not received them yet.
business
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Temperance, MISeptember 24, 2016
The work is fast paced and very busy, the company has doubled in size since I started there. They are very succesful as long as the business is there
Chaotic but Engaging
Inventory Supervisor/Computer Support (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2016
Tower Books suffered from poor upper management. Store managers and employees were given little training or support.
Pros
All those books and magazines
Cons
Low pay
Easy going work environment
driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityFebruary 22, 2016
Easy people to work with. Enjoy both management and co-workers. Allowed plenty of freedom to perform job and input is encouraged and listened to.
Network Engineer - CCNA Certified
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJOctober 21, 2015
hard working, attentive
fast pace learning
have good experince working with Various Vendors
Built 4GPTT Service , approve MOPs, work SLA negotiations
work customer reports network tickets
Understanding the sales of nuts and bolts
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 16, 2015
MTS was a Nuts and bolts company that works with oil company's and refineries for all there need it gaskets,fasteners,nuts and bolts.
Bus Driving: it's not an enjoyable job, and made worse by lack of driver support at MTS
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
I worked as a bus driver for MTS. The pay is not very good, especially after union dues, taxes, and healthcare are taken out. The healthcare is one-size-fits-all, so as a young single person I got a bad deal.

The job is really stressful. The schedules are very tight, so you have to drive fast - which puts you at risk of having accidents (particularly with passengers falling over or whatnot). But what is really going to delay you is the homeless and low-class cheaters and elderly who ride the bus. The best thing to do is probably to just let everyone ride for free when they want to, because otherwise the free-loaders will just argue and delay you. But I did my best to not let the cheaters ride; I just drove even harder. Management could make this job a lot better by giving drivers support in these matters, but they don't. Instead, they encourage the worst riders to ride by issuing heavily discounted passes to "disabled" (and that's in quotes for a reason, because it's largely just a scam) people. But I guess that's part of the business model (think government subsidies).

Starting out, you drive the worst routes at the worst times. Split shifts can easily make your work day 12 hours long. And your seniority isn't going to rise fast, because there are lots of union-supported veterans sitting ahead of you in line with their nice La Jolla routes and inflated pay scales and benefits. So your job won't be getting much better anytime soon.

I quit and moved into a much better compensated and more satisfying field.
Pros
Work ends when you go home
Cons
Little driver support, slow and dishonest passengers, tight timetables, lots of opportunity to fail (get fired), no opportunity to shine/rise up the ranks (because of union seniority)
fun
Upholster (Former Employee) –  Temperance, MIAugust 5, 2015
Fun company to work for, very friendly when it comes to upper management and factory workers especially with holidays.
Mt/qa
Medical Transcriptionist/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, CAJune 22, 2015
No longer in business/bought out.. Great place to work, in office or at home, family run, flexible schedules, great pay, coworkers like family.
Good Job with great benefits
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
MTS is a great transit company. Their bus trainers are awesome and prepares you for a career. Working with MTS you will be able to meet new people everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTS. Our community is ready to answer.