MU Health Care Employee Reviews

The pay and benefits were good
Enviornmental Services tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 13, 2018
I loved my coworkers. I loved the patients. I built a bond with everyone. I wanted to move up in my career after I finished school and they would not let me. I felt that management picked on me. Always had a problem, but looked to me to bring their scores up on a floor and after I did they just tormented me with ridiculous request. I could not take it anymore so I left. Felt like they were not understanding to my home life and said they would work with me, but did not. I feel that they tried so hard to force me out until I broke and finally quit.
Pros
good benefits and good opportunites
Cons
poor managent and lack of caring for employees
excellent
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 13, 2018
awesome place
great people and experience
workplace culture
the most amazing supervisors
the system wouldn't let me move forward without typing more information about.
I have a horrible experince with the hospital. Full of racism, groups, and unprofessional behavior.
CTA (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 12, 2018
I was fired without warning because I refused to gossip with the nurses. My CTA that trained me was a racist, told me that prisoners within the hospital didn't deserve care or fair treatment. I was fired because they need a minor reason to get rid of me.
Great Place
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for the University of Missouri Hospital and would like to work there again in the future. My job was great and so was management, the training, and my co-workers.
Pros
Training, co-workers, good insurance, great culture
Cons
Terrible food at the quarterdeck building
Pre-exposure to a similar environment is beneficial
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 28, 2018
It may benefit to have exposure to a similar field, such as with combative persons, that are going to be encountered in the Emergency Department, or Medical Side; restraining/applying pressure-points, taught yearly, per required course re-certification post hire date. Negative views/vocalized opinions will be directed towards you; every action will be scrutinized externally, and thus internally, reviewing reports, as well as CCTV, if applicable. This career can cause potential stress if new to one.
Pros
You generally have back-up within seconds
Cons
You may be required to restrain a person; you also may encounter a person you know as a friend.
Daily Operations
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 16, 2018
I was an ICU nurse over nights where I would assist the physician with procedures, follow protocols for electrolyte replacements and titrate drips. I then transferred to pre and post op where I would assist with getting patients prepared for surgery and waking up.
Productive and fun place to work
Associate-Health Information Services (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work would include supervising daily operations and productivity within the medical records division, to include overseeing and processing of medical record requests, new-hire and terminated employee paperwork/documentation processes, coordinating with HR department, conducting new staff orientation, training and applicant interview processes, processing employee payroll and time-off requests using kronos and Peoplesoft reporting Asystems. Record minutes at monthly Provider meetings, prepare and distribute to all members. Serve as safekeeper for state-sealed records, serve as a Missouri CDC reporting liason, *State Notary Public for department, and represent Director upon absence.
Pros
Fun, energetic team to work with
Cons
short breaks
I was very happy working for the University of Missouri Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 9, 2018
I worked as a phlebotomist at the University of Missouri Hospital where I learned and grew into a more professional phlebotomist.
I learned compassion and that has helped me more in life.
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
under staffed
Care Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 26, 2018
This job has been the best place I have worked so far. Amazing staff and management. Everyone supports you and helps you with anything you ask. Great benefits. Very far with pay.
Overall good place to work.
Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 10, 2018
What I learned working at the Missouri heath care university hospital more patient care.
To me the hardest part about working at the MU Health Care is dealing with people who don’t want to work.
Productive and organized workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 7, 2018
It was a great opportunity. I really enjoyed my time at University Hospital. The management team is incredible, all the way to the top. I had a lot of creative freedom, and that was nice.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Strict policies, too political
Registered Nurse
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 16, 2018
My time at the University of Missouri Hospital provided extended promotional growth and clinical ladder climb. The staffing and management was awesome.
Very relaxed work environment with decent pay for part-time work.
Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 3, 2018
I worked at the hospital in the nutrition department for over three years while in college and it kept my lights on at home. The job itself is really easy. At times the managers can be irritating, as with any job, but overall it was a good experience.
Teaching hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 9, 2018
Good environment to learn out of nursing school. Average 12 hours a day. Hardest part of the job was resistance from management. Great teamwork on unit from other staff members.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, clicky
A fast-paced and loving place to work
Care Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 2, 2018
I worked on the floor Family Medicine, and it was just like a family. Every employee tried to motivate one another to always do their best. The experience and knowledge I learned there was priceless, and I will take this information with me to help further my career as a nurse. I learned things as simple as making a bed and feeding, to hard things like dealing with manic patients. All of the supervisors and managers were kind and helpful. They all made sure I always had what I needed to do my job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the emotional side. My floor received mostly elderly patients dealing with deadly diseases or injuries. Having to watch someone you have grown a connection with pass away was very difficult, but I wouldn't change those moments for the world. Even though it was hard, I am so grateful I was able to be there for the patient and the family during some of my patients last breaths. My favorite part of the job, was to just go into each room and here all the stories my patients had. Most of them have been in and out of the hospital for the last ten or so years. They are scared and lonely, and sometimes just need someone to take a minute and listen to them.
Fast paced environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 22, 2018
I have been in the current position that I am in for over a year with no advancement, looking to advance my career. The hardest part of the job is it being 24 hours, 7 days a week, meaning I miss out on things with my family, friend, etc.
Great
Care Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 31, 2018
I love working here on the Progressive Care Unit! I am nursing assistant and I feel like I welcomed by everyone and the staff is great! I have learned so much in my 3 years here which will help me when I go to nursing school to get my BSN!
Great Place to Work
Respiratory Therapy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 28, 2018
Wonderful place to work and gain experience. Relationship with staff in hospital is respectful and positive. Management is great and really cares about you,
I have made great friends with my coworkers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoy working for the MU Health care. I have made many friends working in the Pharmacy and there is always something to do to stay busy. I do like my job, however unless you are planing on becoming a Pharmacist there isn't any room for growth in this particular field.
Pros
The work day goes by fast because you are usually doing more than one person can handle
Cons
You are doing more work than one person can handle and can be rather stressful.
Competative and fast pace
Columbia - Care Team associate- Clinical (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 15, 2018
your typical day at work consist of getting report about your patients and doing total care except meds of course. Usually take up to 8-12 patients a day. Days are very busy and heavy. Management varies where every you go. They can be laid back or very strict. Overall the work place culture is happy and satisfying. The hardest part of the job is dealing with so many patients at a time and sometimes being short staffed. The most enjoyable part is working with people you love and taking care of patients and seeing them get better.