MU Health Care

MU Health Care Employee Reviews

United States95 reviews
Although this position no longer exists it was a great place to work. Coworkers and volunteers were kind, caring people. The gift shop was a place where patients, staff and visitors came for respite.
Pros
Wonderful volunteers.
Cons
A lot of standing.
Enjoyed my time working son MU Health. I worked over at MOI and felt supported and cared for during my time there. Was not a fan of the compensation structure for nurses and truly think the pay could be better
Good experience, teamwork and opportunities. Very nice place to work and I learned a lot there and made a lot of friends. They support their staff as much as possible.
The Distribution unit of the UM hospital is nothing if not busy. Many people work together to put forth a team effort to make the place come together thoroughly and it makes you feel like you are a part of the family.
This is a great place to work. You are connected to many different leaders and are given the freedom to collaborate to identify innovative solutions to care delivery. The mission of "saving and improving lives" is the focus for every employee at every location. The leaders will support you and make sure you have everything you need to best serve your teams, your patients, and your community.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Very good paying job only problem there always short staffed which hurts other co workers and they tend to put more pressure on other works and get angry at them when things aren’t going well
Literally the worst job I’ve ever had. I was a secretary for the Department of Dermatology and I’ve never been treated so poorly. Was asked to do things I was uncomfortable with and never had the support of any manager, coworker or anyone. Since leaving, I am still looking for a job and anything that pops up as “MU Health Care” I avoid like the plague.
MU healthcare, like many other health systems in Missouri, does not pay nearly enough. I do way more than my job requires, but still have a poor income.
I worked night shift and had a good environment on my floor. Being a public hospital we got a lot of difficult patients but management was for the most part understanding
The management is awful. Everything is rigged. Worst job I ever had, so stressful. No one there cares about anything. In housekeeping that is. I was so overwhelmed and stressed here. Not a good department.
University of Missouri Health Care provides a Culture of “Yes” that patients deeply appreciate, MU Health Care could be better when it comes to showing appreciation for their employees, instead of just recognizing their managers
Been a nurse for 25 years. This is the best job I have ever had!!! They really do live by their mission and vision statement. It is my work family and the teamwork is stellar!!
Great people work there paid very well great hours to work very professional people work there very clean place to work there great to talk to if have any problems with work
I love working at MU. The best health benifits of my life time, great staff and team work feel. I feel supported by my supervisors and co- workers. Now its not a perfect place to work but the best job I have had in Missouri.
Productive workplace that is also collaborative. Everything seemed well, but the management at the time. I've been told that the person that caused issues has been replaced.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
management
Great place to get a lot of experience and develop into the healthcare career you are working to get to. They are fairly selective with their hiring process.
I work in a positive and productive environment. My co-workers and I are respectful of one another and we get along very well. I have never felt disrespected or undervalued here.
My manger was incredible! She was motivating, caring, and wanted our staff to be the best they could be! She took time to talk to all employees and really listened to what was going on at work and at home.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very fast pace can be overwhelming
I worked for MU for over a year. Granted yes there were a few nice people, I was unfortunate enough to work in a small poorly managed clinic managed by a nurse with very little experience. The click at the office was horrible. Never worked with such an awful group of women in my life. The overseeing manager ( in my opinion) was lovestruck by the office manager and they spent A LOT of time in her office behind closed doors! All in all my time there felt like a prison sentence. Horrible attitudes and fake people.
Benefits
Cons
Manager
A typical day including re-processing ventilators and other respiratory equipment and assisting experienced staff RTs when they have busy areas. The best days were always when staff RTs would call me asking for help in the ICUs or to show me a cool adjunct therapy, or help in a procedure. I have witnessed and had hands-on experience with heliox, iNO, arterial lines, NAVA, in-house transports, IPV, and CF treatment therapy. The management at the hospital was always friendly to me and the staff, and were genuinely interested about my status in school, and what we were learning that week. Many times, they had stories to tell about what we learned and how it varied or shared helpful tricks with different methods I may not have learned in the classroom.
Pros
Made my own schedule, good pay for a student job
Cons
Difficult having a night job while in school full time
I loved my coworkers. I loved the patients. I built a bond with everyone. I wanted to move up in my career after I finished school and they would not let me. I felt that management picked on me. Always had a problem, but looked to me to bring their scores up on a floor and after I did they just tormented me with ridiculous request. I could not take it anymore so I left. Felt like they were not understanding to my home life and said they would work with me, but did not. I feel that they tried so hard to force me out until I broke and finally quit.
Pros
good benefits and good opportunites
Cons
poor managent and lack of caring for employees
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MU Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
MU Health Care Reviews by Location