Muckleshoot Indian Tribe Employee Reviews

Everyday is different
Gaming Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 13, 2018
A great paying job for walking around the Casino talking to customers and other employees. Everyday is different and brings new challenges to the table. The job is hard to describe because it covers so much. Internal and external crimes to investigate, or just making sure the Casino adheres to the policies and procedures written for the tribe.
Pros
Free food for your work shift, independant work day.
Cons
Have to work all shifts including nights, may not get weekends off, goes by seniority.
Interesting and fun job
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 31, 2017
I loved working at the daycare. I absolutely love working with children. Although management is a little funky, it's an okay place to work. Even though at the time I worked there I was just a youth worker so I only worked 15 hours a week after school, it was a nice balance of social and work life. I became close friends with a couple of my coworkers and hope to go back and work full time eventually.
Unprofessional Environment All Around
Muckleshoot Health (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 27, 2016
Nepotism is rampant so if you are not a Muckleshoot tribal member you can expect unequal/unfair treatment, no advancement opportunity, and a lack of training and employee resources.

Extremely unprofessional behavior from virtually all levels of management.
Pros
Culturally rich environment, periodic administrative leave w/pay
Cons
Incompetent management, no morale
Great Tribe and wonderful learning experience
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 18, 2016
I worked with some wonderful, dedicated attorneys. I learned a lot about the history of the Pacific Northwest.
Everyone is very nice to deal with.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Location is out of the way. Departments can be a bit disorganized.
Great pay and benefits
Human Resource Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 18, 2015
The Tribe pays well and also has great benefits. There is also a great work/life balance as well as the culture. There is a Tribal Preference in hiring which can make it difficult for those not affiliated to be promoted.
Exciting
Teacher Assistant/Bus Aid (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 5, 2014
Everyday was a different experience. The days can be long but well worth it in the end. There is a little physical aspect to the job but over all the hardest part was the emotional tool it can take on some people.
Great work enviornment
RECORDS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 14, 2014
I loved working for Muckleshoot Indian Tribe. Their commitment to their employees and tribal members is exemplary. Unfortunately I had to leave due to domestic reasons.
It was very nice working with the Native American Community
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 15, 2014
It was a fun experience. There were know typical days. Everyday was different. That's what made the job fun. My co-workers were intelligent, kind and helpful. The hardest part of my job was managing the staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was managing the staff and helping others.
awesome
MUCKLESHOOT SENIOR CENTER (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 11, 2014
they did everything they claimed thy would. the people were great the guests were great i loved working for them. the elders were sooo awesome
Tribal specific work environment.
Head Start Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 26, 2013
Specific knowledge and experience in tribal communities a must. Challenging for a lot of people, yet, Tribe is open and welcoming of those that are able to successfully blend their experience and work with the values and mission of the Tribe.
Muckleshoot Tribal School
Education (Former Employee) –  Tribal SchoolSeptember 10, 2013
Overall, the toll it took on my professional life and personal life wasn't worth it. Management was inept, and there's a general dissonance and apathy that drastically affects the ability to get things done. Pay was okay, but was passed for raises year after year despite excellent reviews. Others in my department received raises for less work-usually a nepotism or favortism issue. Working for a tribe is neat, but it was a constant threat that I worked for them and should give them whatever they needed and shut up and be grateful. I am Native, and have a child from this tribe, and if I was treated this way, I can only imagine how treatment of someone from the outside would be. Extremely high turn over, salary is okay, benefits are okay, but the toll it takes isn't worth it. If you want to work with this tribe, find another way to work with them that doesn't involve being directly employed. Seen more people fired for no reason than anywhere else in my life. Too bad!
Pros
culture, kids
Cons
leave is slowly accrued, favortism, nepotism, firing practices
overall great
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 5, 2013
I loved my job I just think that the overall treatment of staff they lacked and didn't appreciate. treated their employees very poorly
Steady workload, with lots of children, in a beautiful building
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 31, 2012
hours vary depending on the workload. Overtime is paid rarely, but excessive hours of work are normal. Must be flexible and a quick learner. Must be sef-motivated and conform to the culture methods for completing your daily work. Keep personal life outside of work. Co-workers can very helpful if given the right motivational factors. Interaction with the children is the most enjoyable part of the work. Tolerating indifference is necessary and the hardest part of the job.
Pros
thirteen paid holidays, culture events to attend
Cons
breaks are non existent, rewards of recognition for hard work non existent.
a good place to work
Third Party Biller/CHS Claims Clerk/Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 26, 2012
It was a learning experience, it gave new meaning to favoritism.