Mueller Reports Employee Reviews

Seems to be a good company overall
Real Estate Appraiser (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 25, 2019
I work remotely so all of my interaction with management/coworkers has been via telephone, but all has been positive. The pay for my position is competitive and they offer appraisers W2 pay, whereas most companies only hire appraisers as independent contractors (with contract employment no security and they can discriminate or stop working with you for any reason). They have a fair amount of technology issues/inefficiencies, but they were up front about this with me from the start. Overall, I like working for them.
Pros
Competitive pay, treat employees well.
Cons
Minor technology issues.
Great Company with Supportive Management
Director (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 21, 2019
This is a company that allows you to hone your skills as an inspector, surveying a variety of report types which in turn allows you to become a more experienced inspector that promotes your growth both from a personal and a professional level. They encourage further advancement within the company, both in the field and in their home office. You must be driven to be successful; this is a very demanding type of business, but with the support of your manager, and your hard work, the rewards are great!
It's a fantastic job if you're willing to work it.
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 21, 2019
The base pay is pretty good, and they give a bonus on each report based on your efficiency. As you get better at doing your job, you get more money by way of a bonus for cases surveyed efficiently. It's pretty amazing--you're in charge of your own raise! If you do the work and strive to be efficient, you'll succeed. The payoff is great: Good money, independence, being outside, varied work, and good technology. This isn't a job for everyone, but if you have the drive to work it, it's fantastic.
Field Rep
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 21, 2019
For me a typical day may include 6-8 hours of driving as I work in a rural area.
I have learned to be very patient when dealing with homeowners.
Management has treated me fairly, and help out whenever needed.
For me the hardest part of the job is sometimes getting to and around the homes that I survey, I work in a rural mountain area, and at times it's difficult to be accurate due to trying to measure on a steep hillside, or going through snow covered ground.
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of getting it done.
A Mueller field reps day at the office
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  HIJanuary 21, 2019
A typical days work first of all involves planning so that when the field rep arrives at the risk the policy holder is aware in advance of what is happening and what to expect. I've learned this makes the job run much smoother. I've found management supportive in assisting with situations where that guidance is required. The most difficult part of the job is the slope of the land many of the surveys are located on. (I'm on the island of Kauai which is 60% mountains and pothole/dirt roads ) the best part of the job is the independence field reps have in completing their work.
flexible, self-reliant, decent pay for no experience.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 28, 2019
a great place to work, the fact that you can balance your schedule with your life is a major plus for me. no boss leaning over your shoulder constantly. i have been with the company for 5 years and plan on sticking around! few downfalls. new hires are getting paid more then me and management does nothing about it. but thats really all i can complain about. i enjoy working for Mueller. weather can effect outcomes. this company has gone along ways from when i first started. this job is not for everyone but the people who can stick it out i assure enjoy it.
Field Rep
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  IDJanuary 28, 2019
I have worked for Mueller for almost four years and have had opportunity for advancement, have had excellent support from my managers, and have been compensated well for my time. A typical work day is different everyday. Different people to meet, different houses to survey, and it's all new and challenging. I enjoy working from home, managing my own time, and having my job fit into my personal life and not the other way around. The most difficult part is working outside in all kinds of weather, but that is offset by how prepared you are and how much you watch the weather and schedule your cases. The best part is deciding when I want to work.
Field Logistics Coordinator
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 28, 2019
I really enjoy my job it never gets boring. I get to talk with field reps and business operations daily and handle mini crises for anyone that needs it including my supervisor. My supervisor is one of the most supportive directors I have ever had in a job. He is always teaching me new ways to see different things that we need to watch for in this position. We have a great work environment in this office and it shows through our production. The hardest part of this job is dealing with field reps that leave their position with no notice. The best part of this job is constantly learning.
Field Representative
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  ORJanuary 28, 2019
I started with Mueller Reports in October 6th 2010 and working on my 9th year as a Field Representative. I retired in 2006 and moved to Oregon, soon was bored with retirement life and wanted something challenging to do. and believe me this job was it. Every day was a new challenge but with the training and support the company furnished my days got easier. The best part of this work is the people you meet, our Company's Customers, the areas I travel and the training the company supplies. My work day is surveying 5 to 6 cases per day and sometimes 20 per week. The field management is flexible with my work schedule, when I want time off I give them notice and they work it in there assignment schedule.
Director of Operations
Director (Current Employee) –  IDJanuary 28, 2019
If you are self driven and manage your time well, this job is great! Management strives to teach we are a team and they communicate well with Field Staff. Advancement opportunities exist on all levels and the bonus structure available will allow you to gain more per hour when you are efficient. For those that do not like sitting behind the desk, a field representative job gets you out meeting new people and surveying all types of properties. Being at the management level, I have access to everyone at the Company to help which is nice as most jobs do not allow this type of interaction.
Manager (Current Employee)January 28, 2019
The Mueller experience can be very different depending on which position you are in and which area of the country you are working in. Regardless of position, the best part of working for Mueller is the flexibility. In the office, there aren't strict time guidelines for when you need to start/end your shift. In the field, reps are able to make their own schedule as long as they are meeting their time and efficiency requirements. Due to the flexibility Mueller offers, you have to be extremely self-motivated if you want to succeed as you won't always have someone looking over your shoulder.
Not enough pay or hours. Time expectations are sometimes unrealistic
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 28, 2019
Your cases are assigned weekly, You work independently, flexible schedule. No benefits, not enough hours, I was hired to work 35 hours a week and have maybe got that a couple times in the last 2 years. Not enough pay for everything you do or that your potentially risking your life in certain situations/areas. Promised a raise and never got it because they implemented a bonus system that is not really fairly distributed. Alot of administration time not paid for.
Run from this company
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 6, 2019
The online training went well but I was only given two days of actual training before I received an email from a manager informing me that my services were no longer needed. I accept that I couldn't do job in the amount of time that Mueller required after two days of actual on the job training. Mueller did not pay me for my mileage to and from the training site, which was 67 miles one way for either day nor did they pay me for my travel time as they agreed to do at the onset of the training. There mileage rate is extremely low and beneath what the state pays for mileage. If you have any other options than Mueller, keep it moving.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Company doesn't keep it's side of the agreement when hired.
Quality Assurance Agent
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 28, 2019
I have worked at this company for almost 2 years and I have never been so pleased. They offer exceptional training any time it is needed and my manager is there to help her team all day every day. The hardest part of my job is working with multiple clients, but overall it's not very difficult because the tools I need to do my job are at my dispense whenever I need them. I would highly recommend this company as a great place of work.
Director (Current Employee)January 28, 2019
I have been a proud Mueller employee for many years and can tell you firsthand Mueller is an excellent place to work and grow. The executives within the company search for talent to cultivate and maximize employee potential. This makes it easy for Mueller to promote within, as they do so often. The work can be challenging, but that is how you develop. If you want to be more than a number, challenged and cultivated, I highly suggest you look closer at Mueller Reports.
Mostly Positive
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  MAJanuary 28, 2019
The job focuses upon prompt customer service and involves deadlines. It requires a self motivated and organized person. Problems arise from competing deadlines and sometimes unreasonable customer service demands My supervisors provide timely and adequate support. Recent pay enhancements make compensation fair for the effort put in. This, along with the ability to control my schedule makes woking here worthwhile
Mueller review
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 28, 2019
Mueller has fostered a positive work environment by putting the right people in the right positions. From the entry level position all the way to senior management, everyone communicates with each other discussing things that are going well and what can be worked on to make everyone better. Everyone is friendly. Your co-workers, management and senior leadership will say hi to you. Certainly fosters a positive work environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 28, 2019
I enjoy working for Mueller Reports. My supervisors are very friendly and helpful and on the job I get to meet new people everyday, and go to areas that I never even knew about or thought to venture. I get a sense of accompishment and am rewarded for doing what I enjoy. I can work as many hours as I want and get to set my own schedule providing the cases assigned are completed on time. I have recommended Mueller Reports as an employer to alot of friends.
Independent work
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  MNJanuary 21, 2019
Working in this job line provides the ability to enjoy the outdoors. One must be a self motivated person to succeed in this business. Communication with management is done mainly through email so response time is not always quick. The best part of the job is that you can work around your own schedule. Compensation can be good if you live and work in a highly populated area. Not as good if you work in a rural area.
Great company, job you can enjoy
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  MIJanuary 21, 2019
Great job for those who enjoy freedom in work scheduling and new experiences every day of work. Plenty of good support from management, updated technology making the job efficient. As with any job there can be frustrating days but overall if you want to work in a setting where you are independent yet not alone in receiving needed support from the company, Mueller Reports is a great place to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Reports. Our community is ready to answer.