Mueller Reports Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time or resources
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 3, 2018
This company is a joke. Although its nice to work independently and from home, you put in long hours but don't get paid for them. They harass you whenever they feel they want to. Your off days are never yours. They will take away time that you've put in so they don't have to pay you for it. You put MANY miles on your personal vehicle, lots of wear and tear and they don't provide any assistance with vehicle maintenance. The pay does not equal the amount of work you put in or the wear and tear on your vehicle. They won't pay you your sick time even when you request. Weekly work is not guaranteed, you will be guessing and hoping you get a full week of work, but will never equal up to 40 hours or more because they take time away from you and many times will tell you they don't have work in the area for you. The management is horrible and no job incentives. They say you can earn bonuses but really you don't.
Pros
Independence, work from home
Cons
Management, no growth opportunities, pay, healthcare, vehicle wear and tear, no incentives
Management has no clue what they are doing
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 2, 2018
I was looking forward to this job and went to training and was told by both people that I caught on quickies then anyone else. My supervisors praised me on my job performance and out of the blue HR called and terminated me and I asked why, their only response was. Change in business culture.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Good job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTOctober 30, 2018
I really did enjoy my job with Mueller!!! I just needed a little more consistency. I did learn a lot with Mueller I really just needed more hours a week to provide for my kids and myself!
Flexible Schedule, Unreasonable Expectations in Some Cases
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYOctober 27, 2018
Although you have a very flexible schedule with the company and are able to schedule your own appointments with customers, some of the expectations with some of the work you do is very unreasonable. They may call you at 9:00 a.m. to let you know that they have a case that must be completed within 24 hours, but it is two hours away and you have five other appointments scheduled for that day that are two hours away in the opposite direction. When you explain that to them, they just tell you to figure out how to get it done.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unreasonable expectations at times
Very flexible
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYOctober 25, 2018
The job is very flexible as you can work your hours so long as you complete the work assigned to you on a timely manner. The training available is perfect for the work needed and is very comprehensive.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy hours
Poor Business Practice, Waste Of Time
Insurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 20, 2018
Back in 2013 I worked with Mueller services (A.k.a. Mueller Reports) for a few months as a Field Service Rep/Property Inspector. Suddenly, without any advanced warning, I was laid off... or terminated… I’m not sure. The local manager terminated my employment with a very vague one-sentence impersonal email so that he could avoid having to talk to me. I attempted to reach out by email, phone, as well as a written letter. I made multiple attempts to politely ask if there was anything I could do to improve my work, or if there was anything else about which they might not be happy. They made no attempt to communicate and extended no professional courtesy. This poor communication characterizes my experience with Mueller from the beginning of my time with them. It is difficult to get any meaningful support from them.

- They grossly over-hire for the volume of work they actually have thereby resulting in layoffs.
- You will never feel valued as a field rep.
- You will get the sense that they only tolerate your association with their company simply because they have expanded into markets far beyond their reach and they just need bodies to perform inspections. They don’t care if your needs are being met, they only care about their bottom line.
- They expect perfection, but they do not provide the necessary support to achieve it.
- Their poor business model spreads the work too thin and sets you up for failure.
- Inspectors are paid very low rates. You will not receive adequate compensation for the time you spend producing the high volume of work they expect for each
  more... individual inspection. Your average hourly rate will be about $10/hr.
- If you are laid off (which is very likely), expect a mere one-sentence impersonal and passive email with no explanation and no advanced warning.
- Thankless job: No appreciation from Mueller for your efforts, and policyholders/homeowners are never happy to see you.
- I recommend AVOIDING this company.
Pros
Some initial training, Flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible management, Poor communication, Unorganized, Little support, Unprofessional
Go out of your way.... they won't care what your name is.
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYOctober 18, 2018
Management will ask you for a "favor" when other employees leave, it might be to go out of your way in distance or time. They will ask you to do full time work with out full time benefits for months if you are lucky enough to get more then 150 dollars worth of work a week and that will last months. They will ask you to do more for less pay incrementally over a long span of time.... they will ask you to put yourself in danger. Then when you need flexibility, they will tell you it's not in the guidelines. Total trash with zero human morals. One of the managers guided me into a bad situation due to work pressure and I got injured..... I didn't complain to be a team player and not to make any water rough...... then they stab me in the back.
Pros
it's a good lie for some time then you have to wake up.
Cons
You are nothing and they don't care. You pay all the over head, electric, equipment, vehicle, insurance, fuel, your life.
Toxic Culture, Poorly Managed
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2018
Worse job I have ever had.
They treat their appraisers horribly, pay them even less, and question why they prioritize life and family over work. They view you as a number to exploit - turnover with field representatives is insane, and their office workers don't seem to be much happier.
They only offer five days of vacation per year, do not pay full holidays, and the health insurance is expensive and not great. They can talk pro teamwork and community, but as soon as a family emergency comes up or you want to talk about work life balance, they'll get rid of you in an instant.
A lot of employees get verbally abused daily. They value sacrifice from their reps and employees, but do not provide anything in return.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, no PTO, Toxic Corporate Culture, Poor Management
Worked independently
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northeastern WisconsinOctober 8, 2018
You have little supervision and are able to set your own schedule. Work load varied greatly. Some weeks i had fewer than 10 cases and others I would have more than 50. Travel would be anywhere from 100 to 500 miles a week.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Travel and uneven caseload
Run far away from this bottom feeder company of ins. Reporting absolutely horrible
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 2, 2018
This job is a complete joke starting with their poor excuse of training, they train you wrong , they pay you per min not per hour they are liars, you are forced to micro manage yourself to death. Pile up the miles on your car , use all your own resources no reimbursement, very high turnover because their managers , field Coordinators , and trainers are terrible, and just send you nasty emails everyday . The more efficient you are the less money you make so at the end of the day you have just basically paid to work for this dump ...you make more money at Walmart seriously. You get threatening emails everyday from their clueless and useless management team , threaten to terminate you everyday , managers have thier teachers pets and everyone else gets ignored .. and you have to diagram almost every house with thier clanky, glitchy software, send it in to the morans at qa to get sent back ... Mueller sets you up for failure from the start .. this place will be gone soon as insurance companies are seeing how shady Mueller is .. if I ever see a (SO CALLED FIELD REP FROM MUELLER ON MY PROPERTY IM DROPPING THAT INS CO ..BECAUSE THE REPLACEMENT COSTS ARE INCORRECT BASED ON A JOB TO COLLECT DATA FOR INS. CO BUT MUELLER RUSHES THE FIELD REP AND THREATENS TO TERMINATE UNLESS YOU ARE PRACTICALLY RUNNING ACROSS SOMEONE'S YARD TAKING PICS AND PUSHING A WHEEL MEASURE..SO DATA IS TOTALLY OFF THEREFORE REPLACEMENTS COSTS ARE NOT ACCURATE ..
THIS COMPANY IS A SINKING SHIP JUMP WHILE YOU CAN ...OR YOU CAN JUST GET HIRED OVER THE PHONE ..lol

If you get terminated from Mueller consider
  more... it a huge favor from them ...
Who pays to work for a company ??
Dont believe me??? try it out lol....good luck you will need it for this BOTTOM FEEDER COMPANY...
Pros
Absolutely nothing., The day I left
Cons
Just read the novel I wrote. Plus more
Ehh
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Mueller was the kind of place where one wasn't promoted based upon work ethic but upon how friendly they were with coworkers. Now please do not get me wrong, I am sure the people who were higher up did good work, but good work alone was not what they were looking for, moreover there appeared to be a bit of nepotism in certain cases.
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
healthcare
Good company!
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 7, 2018
If you're seeking work-life balance then this company has a very good model for this. As long as you are capable of managing your time and enjoy being a self-starter you can succeed.
8 years of loyal service and to show their appreciate for my efforts they cut my pay
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 6, 2018
Most field reps last less than 1 year. There is a large amount of turnover throughout the whole company. I had a least 10 managers in the time that I was there. Some of them never had any field experience. It was difficult for me to do my job when the manager was clueless on how to do theirs. Its not really their fault though. The owners are the problem. For a basic exterior report you are paid $13. There is a lot of work that goes into completing the report including many photos, measurements of the home and a large amount of computer work. They do reimburse you for mileage. Well...about 6 years ago they reduced the mileage reimbursement by 20% from $.50 a mile to $.40 a mile. There were also reports that paid more for additional supplements. If the home had a wood stove they would pay an extra $13 to complete the supplement. For some insurance companies, they would pay an extra $13 for an additional diagram. All of that has been eliminated. Well last week they reduced my case fess drastically. Some by more than half. I called the owner and he said there was nothing he could do about it and that the insurance reporting industry is a very low paying industry. In a time when the cost of living goes up every year they will pay you less. Does this sound like a place you would want to work?
Pros
Driving a really beat up car, Eating Ramen noodles
Cons
Living below the poverty line
Workplace Culture
Telephone Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
This company focuses on the quantity of work and sacrifices training, management and quality. This results in a high turnover rate for all departments.
Pros
Hours and scheduling
Cons
pay, training
poor compensation
Field Services Manager (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 20, 2018
Job offers good flexibility, but extremely poor compensation. Management was extremely over stretched, resulting in minimal contact (and minimal support) from corporate. Field representatives have an extremely high turnover.
I love working here- I found my niche
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 15, 2018
From day one I have received endless support. My managers are awesome. The best part is being my own boss. It's like working for myself but without the risk of setting up my own business. I get paid for everything I do. I receive bonuses for being efficient too!
The hardest part is time management. If you can't make a schedule for yourself and stick to it this isn't going to work out. If you are good at being self managed then go for it!
If you have questions don't be afraid to ask. This is the best job I have had and I have been here for years. I made a career out of it.
Pros
like being your own boss
flexible and good pay
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  NebraskaAugust 15, 2018
I have loved every minute working for Mueller. It gives me the flexibility to set what hours I work each day as long as I am putting in the hours. If you are well organized you can do this job. You are assigned cases daily and plan your route according to area. You do have to make calls on appointment cases but you keep track of that time and add it to your cases. I make my calls right in the morning before I head out. We can submit our cases on the app with our times on them so when we get home there isn't much to do besides dot a few I's. You do get paid in minutes but that only makes sense. Considering some of these cases only take 10 minute. Just keep track of your time and account for every minute worked. Keeping track of minutes is how we account for every minute we work... this is how they keep it FAIR. If you take an hour and a half to do a case then but 90 minutes on it... there is no shortage for time conversion its the same however you slice it.
My managers are awesome too. I think it depends on what region you work in.
Pros
flexible, good pay
Cons
8 years of loyal service and I receive a pay cut?
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  OreognAugust 14, 2018
Pros
Driving the worst car ever
Cons
Living in poverty
You are just a stepping stone to them
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 13, 2018
You are treated as replaceable labor. You are reminded of this in calls and emails if you don't become more productive. The more efficient you are, the less money you make. No benefits at all.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Abusive management, low pay for having to use all your own equipment AND car!
Don’t be fooled. You’re payed by the minute.
Insurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Southington, OHAugust 13, 2018
They initially told me I’m payed around $16 an hour, and will be full time. What they DON’T tell you is, they send the cases to your phone. You get paid by appointment, and have to log in drive time, survey time, and web time.

Secondly, your job DEPENDS, on making phone calls. So if you’re planning on making 8 hours a day, then going home, and spending time with your family or any other activities (especially on the weekend), don’t bother. You’ll be putting in about 4 extra hours after you get off, calling people and agents to get one survey done.

THE WORST part is, the surveys that they give you, are just that. Given. So on a day you have 6 interiors (requires phone call), and no exteriors (requires nothing. Just go), you’re stuck at home just waiting. Even after asking, they “send” you maybe three cases (an hour of work for the entire week). That’ll certainly feed your family. And they revoke your full time status as if you have control of how many cases can be sent to you. Doesn’t make sense.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Terrible hours, no control over how many hours you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Reports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5