Mueller Reports Employee Reviews

Ehh
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Mueller was the kind of place where one wasn't promoted based upon work ethic but upon how friendly they were with coworkers. Now please do not get me wrong, I am sure the people who were higher up did good work, but good work alone was not what they were looking for, moreover there appeared to be a bit of nepotism in certain cases.
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
healthcare
Good company!
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 7, 2018
If you're seeking work-life balance then this company has a very good model for this. As long as you are capable of managing your time and enjoy being a self-starter you can succeed.
8 years of loyal service and to show their appreciate for my efforts they cut my pay
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 6, 2018
Most field reps last less than 1 year. There is a large amount of turnover throughout the whole company. I had a least 10 managers in the time that I was there. Some of them never had any field experience. It was difficult for me to do my job when the manager was clueless on how to do theirs. Its not really their fault though. The owners are the problem. For a basic exterior report you are paid $13. There is a lot of work that goes into completing the report including many photos, measurements of the home and a large amount of computer work. They do reimburse you for mileage. Well...about 6 years ago they reduced the mileage reimbursement by 20% from $.50 a mile to $.40 a mile. There were also reports that paid more for additional supplements. If the home had a wood stove they would pay an extra $13 to complete the supplement. For some insurance companies, they would pay an extra $13 for an additional diagram. All of that has been eliminated. Well last week they reduced my case fess drastically. Some by more than half. I called the owner and he said there was nothing he could do about it and that the insurance reporting industry is a very low paying industry. In a time when the cost of living goes up every year they will pay you less. Does this sound like a place you would want to work?
Pros
Driving a really beat up car, Eating Ramen noodles
Cons
Living below the poverty line
Workplace Culture
Telephone Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
This company focuses on the quantity of work and sacrifices training, management and quality. This results in a high turnover rate for all departments.
Pros
Hours and scheduling
Cons
pay, training
poor compensation
Field Services Manager (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 20, 2018
Job offers good flexibility, but extremely poor compensation. Management was extremely over stretched, resulting in minimal contact (and minimal support) from corporate. Field representatives have an extremely high turnover.
I love working here- I found my niche
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 15, 2018
From day one I have received endless support. My managers are awesome. The best part is being my own boss. It's like working for myself but without the risk of setting up my own business. I get paid for everything I do. I receive bonuses for being efficient too!
The hardest part is time management. If you can't make a schedule for yourself and stick to it this isn't going to work out. If you are good at being self managed then go for it!
If you have questions don't be afraid to ask. This is the best job I have had and I have been here for years. I made a career out of it.
Pros
like being your own boss
flexible and good pay
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  NebraskaAugust 15, 2018
I have loved every minute working for Mueller. It gives me the flexibility to set what hours I work each day as long as I am putting in the hours. If you are well organized you can do this job. You are assigned cases daily and plan your route according to area. You do have to make calls on appointment cases but you keep track of that time and add it to your cases. I make my calls right in the morning before I head out. We can submit our cases on the app with our times on them so when we get home there isn't much to do besides dot a few I's. You do get paid in minutes but that only makes sense. Considering some of these cases only take 10 minute. Just keep track of your time and account for every minute worked. Keeping track of minutes is how we account for every minute we work... this is how they keep it FAIR. If you take an hour and a half to do a case then but 90 minutes on it... there is no shortage for time conversion its the same however you slice it.
My managers are awesome too. I think it depends on what region you work in.
Pros
flexible, good pay
Cons
8 years of loyal service and I receive a pay cut?
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  OreognAugust 14, 2018
Pros
Driving the worst car ever
Cons
Living in poverty
You are just a stepping stone to them
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 13, 2018
You are treated as replaceable labor. You are reminded of this in calls and emails if you don't become more productive. The more efficient you are, the less money you make. No benefits at all.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Abusive management, low pay for having to use all your own equipment AND car!
Don’t be fooled. You’re payed by the minute.
Insurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Southington, OHAugust 13, 2018
They initially told me I’m payed around $16 an hour, and will be full time. What they DON’T tell you is, they send the cases to your phone. You get paid by appointment, and have to log in drive time, survey time, and web time.

Secondly, your job DEPENDS, on making phone calls. So if you’re planning on making 8 hours a day, then going home, and spending time with your family or any other activities (especially on the weekend), don’t bother. You’ll be putting in about 4 extra hours after you get off, calling people and agents to get one survey done.

THE WORST part is, the surveys that they give you, are just that. Given. So on a day you have 6 interiors (requires phone call), and no exteriors (requires nothing. Just go), you’re stuck at home just waiting. Even after asking, they “send” you maybe three cases (an hour of work for the entire week). That’ll certainly feed your family. And they revoke your full time status as if you have control of how many cases can be sent to you. Doesn’t make sense.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Terrible hours, no control over how many hours you work.
Repetitive work
Quality Assurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 10, 2018
Days are often spent doing the exact same task ad-nauseum with minimal variation. Management struggles to communicate changes and day to day operation information with staff. Near constant IT issues occasionally make it impossible to complete work resulting in being sent home for the day. Very poor communication between Mueller, Insurance Companies and policy holders.
Pros
Fair starting pay
friendly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NY 14150August 1, 2018
Its a friendly place to work everyone is friendly . I learned to be more patience and be more friendly to coworkers. I have also learned that kindness kills.
Pros
activities
Cons
stress
Don’t waste your time
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Upstate NYJuly 25, 2018
This company is a joke. I worked at Mueller for 2 months. Was trained for 3 days which was a joke all in itself. The give you equipment that doesn’t work. They expect you pay for battiries for your camera blue tooth that never works. They don’t reimburse you for all the printer paper you waste, or the batteries or your gas. They wanted every little thing documented by minutes because that’s how you get paid by the minute. They have managers in the “office” that think they got a real job but you can tell they get no respect. Why would they, they hire you over the phone. You have freedom to set your schedule as long as you don’t need to take interior pictures which is almost everyday, so hope you like making appointments after normal work hours to meethome owners when they get home from work or weekends. All the training you don’t get is laughable and the expectations of you diagraming a house correctly is a perfect set up for failure. Don’t believe all the positive comments it’s definitely the managers at the mueller office being as desperate as they sound in the phone. Don’t waste your time you would never feel good working for these fools.
Pros
Not one thibg
Cons
Managers, getting paid by the minute lol no reimbursement for anything
Typical Corporation
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJuly 20, 2018
This is a great place to work if you love being micromanaged, treated like a teenager, asked daily how every minute of your day is accounted for! You may even be written up when the SYSTEM makes a mistake.
There is no set nor proven processes; the processes change on a weekly basis, so if you want to work here, don't get used to doing your job they way they teach you! By next week someone new will be in management and you'll get to hear many new ways you can attempt to make more money for the company.
This is a bottom line company. Not a congenial company.
If you don't mind working like a robot for very little money, this is the place for you!
Pros
dress down
Cons
everything else
Very unpleasant experience- very chaotic and unorganized
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 30, 2018
I successfully completed the online Mueller training and testing. The field work could be reasonably pleasant; however, the way the compensation is set up against the employee and all in favor of the employer doesn't make financial sense for the employee to remain. Therefore, Mueller Reports experiences chronic employee turnover and the resulting confusion and poor morale.
Pros
field work could be interesting at times.
Cons
compesation- turnover- chaotic company
Good for college kids
Director of Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMay 31, 2018
Low pay, but flexible hours. Benefits are almost do not exist here. Little paid time off. Training not structured. Stressful/fast paced environment. HR poorly managed.
Industry downgraded
Insurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYMay 27, 2018
If the company operated this way 15 years ago it would be one of those get rich quick scams everybody dreaded. I refuse to believe that this is a new industry standard.
Pros
Cons
Everything one can think of
A lot of work, little pay
Field Rep/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
Yeah everything they said and more. I worked for Mueller for about a year. That was all I could do. I tried to stick it out as long as I could because I did like the company, my independence and being able to do work that allowed me to travel around. I liked meeting new people, and you really do meet some cool people, but the pay is an INSULT! I remember one week I really put in some work. When my check arrived I was so deflated and livid at the same time that I couldn't see straight. When you are driving your own vehicle, using your own phone and other eqiuipment, you would think the pay would be equivalent to the amount of energy and personal equipment you had to come with in order to do the job. So if you don't mind running your vehicle down to the ground or using your own equipment all for minimum pay but like traveling, being outdoors and meeting an occasional interesting person, then go for it. I will say I had terrific trainers. I'm a fast learner and came with some knowledge, so I made it easy for them. But I appreciate them a great deal because it made my job a lot easier. Honestly, I would have stayed on if I could afford it.
Pros
Independent, travel, outdoors
Cons
Pay, pay, vehicle degradation and use of own devices, low morale due to low pay, and pay
Ok place to work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgia, ALMay 16, 2018
The work is enjoyable and you make your own schedule and work remotely. Unfortunately the expectation of time allocated per job was not sufficient. Mileage reimbursement is sub-par.
Waste of time
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 10, 2018
A recruiter called me to set up a phone interview, I cleared my schedule to make myself available and they never bothered to call. Shortly after I got an email with very cold language stating that they were no longer interested. The were unprofessional and inconsiderate, totally wasted my time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Reports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5