Mueller Reports Employee Reviews

A lot of work, little pay
Field Rep/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
Yeah everything they said and more. I worked for Mueller for about a year. That was all I could do. I tried to stick it out as long as I could because I did like the company, my independence and being able to do work that allowed me to travel around. I liked meeting new people, and you really do meet some cool people, but the pay is an INSULT! I remember one week I really put in some work. When my check arrived I was so deflated and livid at the same time that I couldn't see straight. When you are driving your own vehicle, using your own phone and other eqiuipment, you would think the pay would be equivalent to the amount of energy and personal equipment you had to come with in order to do the job. So if you don't mind running your vehicle down to the ground or using your own equipment all for minimum pay but like traveling, being outdoors and meeting an occasional interesting person, then go for it. I will say I had terrific trainers. I'm a fast learner and came with some knowledge, so I made it easy for them. But I appreciate them a great deal because it made my job a lot easier. Honestly, I would have stayed on if I could afford it.
Pros
Independent, travel, outdoors
Cons
Pay, pay, vehicle degradation and use of own devices, low morale due to low pay, and pay
Ok place to work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgia, ALMay 16, 2018
The work is enjoyable and you make your own schedule and work remotely. Unfortunately the expectation of time allocated per job was not sufficient. Mileage reimbursement is sub-par.
Waste of time
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 10, 2018
A recruiter called me to set up a phone interview, I cleared my schedule to make myself available and they never bothered to call. Shortly after I got an email with very cold language stating that they were no longer interested. The were unprofessional and inconsiderate, totally wasted my time.
Feild Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2018
Training is fine but they change up when you start. Pay is not what they claim. Just sad. There's no reason to lie or even go any further with this. Unprofessional some of them are . Understaffed for what they are doing. Either do it right or not at all
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Too much to list.
poor management
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  NHMay 4, 2018
This company states they have " excellent staff " they have very poor team compliance resulting in many mistakes. Your time card- hourly rate, travel time is miscalculated because no one " the team " communicates. Dont expect much from this company, do your homework and read the reviews! Not worth the aggravation unless you want to work for free
Pros
2 thumbs down
Cons
your work alone
Its not what you think
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 3, 2018
There is poor communication here! Much to know in so little time before they leave you on your own. PAY... it is NOT per hour it is PER MINUTE. Document everything and they will question that too!! Too much of a hassle. They let people go for petty misdemeanors but its not a requirement to work there but your car and insurance is but they dont ask for that!
Cons
Communication, pay, long hours although they say one thing...HR sucks
Turned Down The Job....Twice!!
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 16, 2018
Turned down twice and received two rejection notices from Mueller via Indeed after I turned them down. I think they're scamming the system. Run away
Flexible supportive company- Field Representative
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 4, 2018
Positive! I have been with Mueller Reports since May of 2017 and have to comment about the support that I have received. This includes the ongoing training and support that you can utilize ANYTIME!. As long as you are self disciplined and have excellent time management skills along with professionalism, this job is for you!
Pros
Flexible schedule, training support
Mueller Reports, Inc.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 2, 2018
I have worked for Mueller Reports, Inc. for 4 1/2 years. I work part-time between 10-20 hours per week outside creating insurance surveys for insurance companies. Management is hands-off. Training is extensive and done on line. I work independent when assignments are given. The company pays for every mile driven and every minute worked. This is a great company to work for.There are no at-a-boys. If you're not driven to work independent and give your best, then this job is not for you.
Pros
Independent working conditions
Cons
Sometime have to work in fowl weather.
low pay, flexible hours
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 26, 2018
the trainers and management team are very helpful in getting you started at Mueller. The job itself is easy, independent, nice to work outdoors, you schedule your own hours (for the most part, you occasionally have to work around customers's availability). Scheduling appointments can be a hassle, organization is a must. Pay is low considering the amount of driving you have to do, plus wear and tear on your car. Good as a side gig/supplemental income.
Pros
flexible schedule, work outdoors
Cons
low pay
You're hired and you're Fired
N/A (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 22, 2018
I was hired from NY branch to work in Indiana. I finished with training and got a call that I was fired because I'd mentioned my house was on the market and we needed a larger home. I was fired because they didn't want me to sell my home. I haven't been paid for training and that was that. It's been a couple months. Stay clear. They are rude, cruel and have no clue what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
No pay, rude management and treated unfairly
Too little compensation for time and vehicle
Inspector (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 14, 2018
You will put a ton of miles on your vehicle and compensation is below IRS standards for mileage. When work slows down management is not upfront about reduction.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Poor compensation
Not impressed
Entry-level field rep (Former Employee) –  Central, PAMarch 11, 2018
When I first started at Mueller, I was excited to start and do something different. I started training and I had to drive an hour and a half each time.
You can make your own hours which was cool.
The training was useful but didn’t learn everything I needed. When I first started on my own, I would call my trainer for help and no answer. I got emails from people I had no clue who they were. I had no idea who to contact for any questions because they didn’t answer any calls/texts.
The worst was there is no benefits and they tell you you will work 20-40 hours a week. What they tell you is that you get paid by the minute which takes all those hours away and you can barely make any money.
I wouldn’t recommend wasting your time because it is a hassle.
Pros
Make own hours
Cons
Get paid by minutes, no communication, no help
Horrible Experience
Field Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 2, 2018
Mueller is a horrible place to work. I worked as a Field Services Manager and they expect way too much out of their Field Reps. Piece Rate work for a field rep, but some cases pay less than $10 per, not making it worthwhile. The owners only care about their bottom line, not about their staff. Staff are a dime a dozen to them. Long story short, I got fired because I did what I thought was right for my staff (fair, honest, etc.) and that was something they didn't want to deal with.

Field Reps drive and drive and drive, get paid the federal mileage rate, and aren't compensated fairly. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS FAILING COMPANY.
Pros
Absolutely NONE
Cons
Failing business
Typical Corprate Enviroment.
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I worked for 6 months and worked hard and did a good job, worked hard. Problem is they pay by the minute so you are only paid for what you do in the field, and desk time better be minimal, or your stats go down you will be fired. Sink or swim mentality. If you don't want to be micro managed , then this is not for you.
Pros
set up your days, flexability.
Cons
very low pay, use all your resources and automobile
terrible company.... no loyalty
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2018
Stay far away from this cesspool of a business,,,, Far far away... Hourly wage is minimum wage.... sad state of affairs working for mueller.... drag these fools through the mud ......
Pros
Cons
Owners...Managers?
Every day is different
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  East TexasFebruary 16, 2018
Looks pretty good at first, but doesn't take long that regional management lacks the skill set to roll with the punches and help be successful. Upper management is going for the bottom line at the expense of all of the field reps and seem to have no sense loyalty to those that actually get up and go to work every day. There has been a changing of the guard or competition on their heels.
Not a fun place to be if you are a giver. They will take all.
Flexible schedule, work from home
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 14, 2018
I have worked as a Field Rep at Mueller for almost 8 years, began while living in CA but was able to transfer with the company when I moved to MO. I enjoy being able have control over my schedule and going to new places and meeting new people each day. You must be self-motivated and able to manage your time to be a successful Field Rep, you won't get rich here but you can make a nice wage. The training program is very good, all of the basic information is provided and personal guidance is provided, still you must be able to grasp the information quickly. Training will not entirely prepare you for the many different types of homes that will be present in the field. During my first few months my manager and trainer were both available to assist. Advancement opportunities are available, depending on your location. If you like having a flexible schedule and meeting new people I would recommend giving this company a try.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid training, advancement opportunities
Cons
most jobs are part time with no benefits
Great company to work for. I love what I do!!!!
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2018
The training is tough, but I believe it should be for this position. It all comes together and makes more sense when you do the onsite training with the trainer.
My manager and FLC’s are amazing and are always there to help me when needed.
I’m so glad I found this position. You meet new people everyday and you can make it fun!
Pros
Flexible work hours, great manager
re: Really great place to work
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 13, 2018
I have been working here for about 7 months now and I enjoy my job. Not only was the training excellent with a very fun trainer who answered all my questions but I was "promoted" from just doing home assessments to commercial assessments and farm assessments within 3 months. This company looks after its employees. They pay well and there has never been a problem I have had that I could not go to my manager and get solved at once. The job is on your own schedule which works for me since I do other things on weekends and I do not have to punch a clock. I get to drive around the area and learn new routes and it is above all fun.
Pros
Learning more things about houses
Cons
Perhaps they could pay a bit more on mileage but not a big deal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Reports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4