Mueller Water Products Employee Reviews

Stay away
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MiddleboroNovember 12, 2018
Products were bad and rather than have us fix them they just kept making us churn out more (bad) products. Its not our fault; they were under staffed, under budgeted, poorly managed, and given barely enough time to even whip something together. I hate to say I'm not even proud of anything there.

So how do they fix it? Fire everyone. The place where all the engineers, devs, and support is, let's fire all of them! They also spin it as we were the bad guys since we didn't want to uproot our lives and families to Georgia from Massachusetts. I wouldn't be surprised if less than a third of the knowledge got transferred down there and ultimately the "systems" business gets cut down the road. It's just numbers to them, so even if you bust you hump you don't matter more. Pay was about the only positive. The also barely give any time off so your kids will be out of school for a holiday but you still have to work.

The culture was awful. The CEO basically said if you dont like it, leave. His great idea is to have all the unhappy people leave rather then try to make employees happy. But I guess the bigger plan was to just hire an entirely new set of employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Most unprofessional place I have seen
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 8, 2018
Management talks to employees like trash no respect"maintenance supervisor ". They will make up complete lies about people. It's all about who you're buddies with at this company.
Pros
Cons
Name it
Productive and fast paced
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALSeptember 12, 2018
Typical day-use hoist to pick up parts, Touchup painting, Drive forklift for paint line.
Management-Dont seem to care about you or your ideas on how to better the job to be safer.
Thankful for the opportunity
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Mueller. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity and I wish the company nothing but the best!! I would recommend working at Mueller to anyone seeking employment!
Job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJune 24, 2018
You start your day may know what going on or not, just do your job, then I have learned people never have any positive comments , always u know if u did something wrong, management don't know nothing cause they put people in charge that have no idea of what your job is , the work place is safety first well idk and hardest part of job looking for stuff not organized or oh we forgot to order the purchase department don't have there act together...…..
Pros
free lunches paid, time off
Cons
will post saturdays at the last minute and LAY YOU OFF IN A HURRY
Good Production Folks and Managers
Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  PlantsMay 16, 2018
People working hard to make a living in a tough environment. Good middle management folks. Some issues with communication between plants at operations level due to strong commitment to local plant.
A Place to Inspire and Learn
SSR Assembly Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, NCMay 9, 2018
Manufacturing of electrical utilities devices from materials supply chain through to finished, customer ready product. Enjoy the constant exposure to technological advancements, new product R & D, being involved in operations management procedures through assisting, Kaisen, and the application of several other operations management theories and principles. Have learned to observe facilities safety protocols and been inspired to finish my bachelors degree with a combination of administrative and manufacturing engineering courses. Also enjoyed being multifaceted within the company by being chosen and volunteering to grow horizontally in manufacturing/production areas.
Pros
Complete benefits packages. Health, Vision, Dental, vacation, and retirement
Cons
Short breaks, high salaried and temporary employee turnover, limited internal advancement
fun and relaxed atmosphere
general laborer (Former Employee) –  chattanooga tnApril 26, 2018
As long as you show up to work and do your job everything will be fine. This job is some what stable but they do lay off. they will call u back if in g
Horrible place to work. Do NOT NOT NOT WORK HERE
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMarch 22, 2018
Management is a joke. They walk around clueless and turn blind eyes to any real issues. I dont know how they are still operating. They need to be shut down.
Pros
As long as water is around so will mueller be
Cons
U name it
Fu environment
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 24, 2018
Great employees, management ok. Fairly easy work, just stay productive. A lot of opportunities for overtime. Training could have been better, although there is,plenty of help if you need it.
Pros
paid breaks, including lunch
Cons
Misdemeanor on background and they won't hire you
Productive, Relaxed environment, Safety conscience.
CNC Machinist ( MSA Machine Operator) (Current Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCJanuary 6, 2018
Relaxed environment, fun place to work. Fairly decent benefits,gym
very good management, production type job. Learned a great deal about CNC programming that wasn't taught in the classroom, learning certain types of measuring procedures which was a bit of a challenge at first, but became more comfortable as time went on.The most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow employees and the relaxed work environment. I was honestly have to say that overall it's been a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Being able to go out for lunch, company dinners and luncheons, company safety awards, company raffles etc.
Cons
short breaks, high cost of family healthcare, very few raises (I've been here 14 months and haven't been given my 1st raise yet).
Fun and productive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 15, 2017
This is a loud , fun and productive workplace which offers many benefits this is a union based work place that anyone will be glad to work. No swing shifts or rotating shifts
Negative environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 2, 2017
Micromanaged to the point of losing your own confidence. Manager was degrading and unkind. The training was terrible. They had more than one person training you and each had their own style which conflicted. Therefore you could never do anything right.
Pros
Some nice co-workers
Cons
The manager
Great industry, unusual work environment
Manager, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
The municipal water technology industry is very unique and ubiquitous. However, Mueller Water Products is a bit dicey of a company to work for considering the radical changes taking place at the product and management levels.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Uncertainty
not allowed to communicate unless you are there for 10 + years
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2017
20 plus year employees forgot what it is like to be new. No training and I was the 5th employee in a few short months. They did not have the acquired companies under the same name as the Mother Company

Stagnant employees, old style skill sets.
Horrible leadership advantage takers
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 30, 2017
One of the worst places I ever worked at. One of the worst bosses I've ever had. Stay far away! Trust me! They will work you like a Hebrew slave. Will have you work on Sunday and laugh at you if you are a Christian believer.
Pros
Great if you like being a slave
Cons
Name it. They have it. All bad.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 19, 2017
I injoy working for them management got better still needs work there was know job there hard to do I learn a lot different stuff there like different stuff
Good
Good
Good people to work with.
Foundry Utility (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALJuly 19, 2017
Mueller is an ok place to work I'm just looking for something better where I can advance. Work is very hot dirty changing shift hours. Benefits could better.
Pros
Decent Insurance Good Pay
Cons
Treat you like a clock number no room for advancement
Great Compensation In Very Poor Work Environment
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 4, 2017
The company does provide a very good compensation package. Benefits are great, Very harsh work environment though. The compensation does help with making the work environment bearable.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor Leadership
Good working environment and pay.
Furance and Ladle Repair (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALMay 29, 2017
Pay is good and the employees are great. Management treats you fairly well, but there is click you have to join before you can move up. I have work there for 16 years and I can say my experience has been good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Water Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9