Mueller Water Products Employee Reviews

Good Production Folks and Managers
Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  PlantsMay 16, 2018
People working hard to make a living in a tough environment. Good middle management folks. Some issues with communication between plants at operations level due to strong commitment to local plant.
A Place to Inspire and Learn
SSR Assembly Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, NCMay 9, 2018
Manufacturing of electrical utilities devices from materials supply chain through to finished, customer ready product. Enjoy the constant exposure to technological advancements, new product R & D, being involved in operations management procedures through assisting, Kaisen, and the application of several other operations management theories and principles. Have learned to observe facilities safety protocols and been inspired to finish my bachelors degree with a combination of administrative and manufacturing engineering courses. Also enjoyed being multifaceted within the company by being chosen and volunteering to grow horizontally in manufacturing/production areas.
Pros
Complete benefits packages. Health, Vision, Dental, vacation, and retirement
Cons
Short breaks, high salaried and temporary employee turnover, limited internal advancement
fun and relaxed atmosphere
general laborer (Former Employee) –  chattanooga tnApril 26, 2018
As long as you show up to work and do your job everything will be fine. This job is some what stable but they do lay off. they will call u back if in g
Horrible place to work. Do NOT NOT NOT WORK HERE
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMarch 22, 2018
Management is a joke. They walk around clueless and turn blind eyes to any real issues. I dont know how they are still operating. They need to be shut down.
Pros
As long as water is around so will mueller be
Cons
U name it
Fu environment
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 24, 2018
Great employees, management ok. Fairly easy work, just stay productive. A lot of opportunities for overtime. Training could have been better, although there is,plenty of help if you need it.
Pros
paid breaks, including lunch
Cons
Misdemeanor on background and they won't hire you
Productive, Relaxed environment, Safety conscience.
CNC Machinist ( MSA Machine Operator) (Current Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCJanuary 6, 2018
Relaxed environment, fun place to work. Fairly decent benefits,gym
very good management, production type job. Learned a great deal about CNC programming that wasn't taught in the classroom, learning certain types of measuring procedures which was a bit of a challenge at first, but became more comfortable as time went on.The most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow employees and the relaxed work environment. I was honestly have to say that overall it's been a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Being able to go out for lunch, company dinners and luncheons, company safety awards, company raffles etc.
Cons
short breaks, high cost of family healthcare, very few raises (I've been here 14 months and haven't been given my 1st raise yet).
Fun and productive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 15, 2017
This is a loud , fun and productive workplace which offers many benefits this is a union based work place that anyone will be glad to work. No swing shifts or rotating shifts
Negative environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 2, 2017
Micromanaged to the point of losing your own confidence. Manager was degrading and unkind. The training was terrible. They had more than one person training you and each had their own style which conflicted. Therefore you could never do anything right.
Pros
Some nice co-workers
Cons
The manager
Great industry, unusual work environment
Manager, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
The municipal water technology industry is very unique and ubiquitous. However, Mueller Water Products is a bit dicey of a company to work for considering the radical changes taking place at the product and management levels.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Uncertainty
not allowed to communicate unless you are there for 10 + years
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2017
20 plus year employees forgot what it is like to be new. No training and I was the 5th employee in a few short months. They did not have the acquired companies under the same name as the Mother Company

Stagnant employees, old style skill sets.
Horrible leadership advantage takers
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 30, 2017
One of the worst places I ever worked at. One of the worst bosses I've ever had. Stay far away! Trust me! They will work you like a Hebrew slave. Will have you work on Sunday and laugh at you if you are a Christian believer.
Pros
Great if you like being a slave
Cons
Name it. They have it. All bad.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 19, 2017
I injoy working for them management got better still needs work there was know job there hard to do I learn a lot different stuff there like different stuff
Good
Good
Good people to work with.
Foundry Utility (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALJuly 19, 2017
Mueller is an ok place to work I'm just looking for something better where I can advance. Work is very hot dirty changing shift hours. Benefits could better.
Pros
Decent Insurance Good Pay
Cons
Treat you like a clock number no room for advancement
Great Compensation In Very Poor Work Environment
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 4, 2017
The company does provide a very good compensation package. Benefits are great, Very harsh work environment though. The compensation does help with making the work environment bearable.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor Leadership
Good working environment and pay.
Furance and Ladle Repair (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALMay 29, 2017
Pay is good and the employees are great. Management treats you fairly well, but there is click you have to join before you can move up. I have work there for 16 years and I can say my experience has been good.
pretty good factory to work in
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 16, 2017
liked keeping busy,but not enough effeot on safty.lots of good hard w
orking people there,but they do need to retire alot of the old timers very good training programs they care about helping their people
Pros
sometimes free cookouts or lunches
Cons
lunch to short but mangsment isnt to bad
Excellent place to work but in recent months has become very seasonal
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Repetitive work on a daily basis with hardest being getting in the routine of the job to not make mistakes. Most enjoyable is working with fellow employees.
Great coworkers
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Great coworkers terrible management. Low working class moral. No PTO or sick days. Hot working conditions and supervision is tough on most workers in the plant
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Management incapable of communicating with each other
Service fitting Sr technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 4, 2016
Ok so I work at the Decatur plant 1. First thing of importance!!! They don't not tell you they have lead in they're products so that's one hazard, I asked why they took my blood at my health screening so now you know. Management. Bottle of nasty snakes tryin for one tiny mouse, they back stab, lie, manipulate to get what they need said, not done. They do nothing. They don't not run any machines! They don't know how! If there was a strike Mullers would be relocated, and trust me this last contract was absolutely horrible! Everybody gets raises, but your health insurance premiums go up every year so u lose more money every year! The only ONLY! PRO is the production workers that train you and help
You! Management has no knowledge so they cannot
Train. Everything is I'll send an email! Now mind you this is Decatur, and even your fellow co worker is out for a grab bag so keep your personal life to yourself! There is no advancement, dirty environment, cold in the winter, like the sun in the summer! If your single this is for you, if your healthy! If your family type look again. When your kids are out of school you will be working 10 mandatory hours plus sat. And if your greedy it's 12 hour shifts mon-thru Friday. Sat sun. They will let you work yourself to death. Need to mind. Points systems that doesn't count surgery or anything that's a point per day. You
Get 12
Pros
Money during overtime seasons, co-workers (some not the narks)
Cons
no overtime in winter, horrible management, no advance, safety not #1
Avoid unless your family is starving.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (so I thought) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 29, 2016
Pay was alright, but the place might as well be managed by chimps. Started off there as a material handler, (forklift driver).

I spent my entire first and only month there without even receiving my license. They would give me things to do called cycle counts, which required a license and they expected me to still be able to get things off of the top racks using telekinesis I guess.

When I started bugging them every day about getting my license, they just started moving me around as a floater to help the absentee problem in all of the departments.

Filled out a request for time off sheet once, and got cussed out by a manager for leaving it on his desk. (He's never anywhere to be found). Women are immune to being punished for taking 20 minute breaks because it's considered sexism to hold them accountable for anything.

If they say you're going to be working in the hydro guard department, go ahead and turn in your notice because you'll be working with a feminist man-hater that's also immune to corrective action because she's the only one in the building that knows her department.

If you pick up a broom and start sweeping because you have nothing to do at the moment, you'll be chastised for not doing anything. If you take initiative and start helping someone because you have nothing to do, you'll be chastised because you weren't told to do that.

The only good employee here is the HR girl. Corporate really needs to pay a surprise visit here and clean house. None of the jobs here require a degree in Astro-Physics so They could replace people easily if they would
  more... just bother to actually train them.  less
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Water Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9