Mukilteo School District Employee Reviews

Never a dull moment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 17, 2018
There was always something to do. Most department administrators always had so much to do an appointment was often necessary to speak with them. Unfortunately, there is also a culture of gossip that seems pervasive that undermines the staff. It is a union culture and the pay was less than the position deserved unless you are a teacher.
Pros
Lots of good benefits
Cons
Workload; no raises except COLA
Supportive Staff
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAMarch 6, 2018
Office staff in each of the schools I have been a Para Educator Sub were very supportive and helpful to any questions or needs. The teachers are clear and supportive ensuring that I am well informed of my duties.
fun and rewording environment helping children to succeed
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 31, 2018
Mukilteo School district has a great support structure. They offer many programs to help people advance. They care strongly for the people in there employ.

Mukilteo promotes a safe and rewording environment for students and staff
Pros
many jobs only work 180 days but bay 365
Cons
365 day pay breakup reduces listed pay rate.
Fun and energetic
District Lead Health & Physical Education (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJanuary 23, 2018
Teaching in a middle school is fun, challenging, and demanding. Every day is different when working with youth. Trying to build bridges and make a difference in the lives of children is the goal of a teacher.
Sno-Isle Skills Center is the high school learning experience kids deserve
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 22, 2018
Sno Isle Skills Center provides students with hands on career simulation classes that take up about 3 normal high school periods. The environment here is immensely better than your standard high school setting! This goes for students, teachers, and office staff. Most students actually WANT to be here - which eliminates much of the stress and hair pulling that you might experience at a normal high school.
Pros
Good pay, amazing & satisfying work environment
Cons
Limited Hours for Substitutes
Great Place to work and great people
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 18, 2017
I have only worked for Mukilteo School District for 3 1/2 years, but I have had the opportunity to learn so much and work with so many wonderful people. I would definitely recommend working for this district if you have the opportunity to do so.
Pros
Salary and Benefits are exceptional
Sprints Coach
Mariner High Track Coach (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJuly 11, 2017
I love working with the kids and seeing the growth! Hard work and dedication goes a long way. These kids respect and respond well to all the coaches at Mariner.
Pros
I work with a great bunch of people
Cons
To short of a season
great school and flexible scheudle
Substitute Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJune 24, 2017
Great school district to work for. As a substitute para-educator, I pick the days to work, the schools, and the type of job I want to do. Its great! Working at a school, makes it easier with my kids school schedule as well.
Mukiteo School Dist. is a great place to work!
Para educator (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJune 18, 2017
I worked for the Mukilteo School Dist as a paraeducator in the autism program. I worked with children on the autism spectrum and other developmental disorders. A typical day included getting kids off the school bus, toileting, academic and behavior management techniques while implementing inclusive activities outside of the classroom.
Pros
great medical benefits, time off, friendly staff
Cons
lower pay/nonliveable wage.
Rewarding work in an important field
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAApril 26, 2017
Mukilteo School District is one of the best in the state, especially for Special Education. I moved into the district because of their stellar reputation and now working for them, I can see why they are so very highly rated.
Pros
Great educators, well run schools
Cons
Not enough support sometimes due to budget cutting
Great 4 hour shift, usually mon-fri with weekends off
Customer Service, prep food, cook, regulate temp (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work. Started here from being a stay at home mom. Also being a room mom and active on the pta. It all worked great! Kids older now, looking to move on..4 hours just don't cut it anymore
Pros
Have time off for all occassions, summers off and free lunches. Also Kids are GREAT!
Cons
No dressing up in the kitchen, jeans and T-shirt daily
Supportive and enjoyable work environment
Office/Adminstrative Assistant Substitute (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAOctober 10, 2016
Working for the school district as a substitute has allowed me to
learn a variety of jobs. My day can consist of learning a new task,
depending on the school, or working in attendance, answering phones, schedule appointments for counselors.
The management and co-workers that I interact with daily have
been very welcoming and helpful. They are always willing to
give me new assignments beyond my regular job description.
The hardest part of the day can be if the area I'm working in is understaffed. We pull together and work as a team and it makes the day much better.
I enjoy the hours and the people I work with.
I really enjoyed the 12 years that I worked for the school district working with the children was fun.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 5, 2016
I would get to work and prepare lunch for 500 students. I worked with my lead and we would set up lunch she would cook all the food and I would set up the salad bars. Then we would serve lunch within twenty minutes. After that I would clean up and set up for the next day. I learned how to do point of sale and add up all the students lunch money and put it into their accounts. I really enjoyed working as the lunch lady.
Pros
Free lunch and part-time work.
Cons
It was hard to get a break sometimes because of time and how many students that we served.
Mukilteo School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJune 28, 2016
I was a substitute teacher in the Mukilteo School District. Thus, it is difficult to give a review. I can say that the Mukilteo School District is a wonderful school district to substitute for.
Pros
Wonderful schools and staff.
Cons
Principals did not observe me and my teaching.
Such a welcoming family at Fairmount Elementary!
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairmount Elementary SchoolJune 6, 2016
Being a conditional paraeducator for the remainder of the school year, Fairmount welcomed me with open arms. I absolutely love the school, staff, students, and parents! I would highly recommend working for the Mukilteo School District!
Pros
People!
Cons
Short Conditional Job
Flexible while raising children
Para -Educator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 31, 2016
Taught curriculum based small groups for below grade-level students. Grades K-5. Dynamic, fast-paced environment while teaching 7 groups each day (40+ students each day).

This position was a cooperative situation. Working with certificated teaching staff to achieve success with students daily! Student growth in the Resource Room was spectacular. Majority of students were up to grade level within 3 months, often showing 2-3 grade level improvement!

State test proctor each year for MSD.
Pros
Exciting to see students growth
Cons
Large group supervision situtations
A great place to work
Substitute Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJune 17, 2015
The Mukilteo School District is a great place to work. I worked as a sub Para Educator and I found that the staff are very friendly and helpful in helping you acclimate to every position.
Being a part of educating young children is probably the most incredible position one can be placed in
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 4, 2015
There is a strict schedule, of course, at a school site. There has to be because of class schedules, etc. One must be on time, ready to take charge. Teachers worked so well with their paraeducators and gave them responsibility knowing their wishes would be carried out. My coworkers were wonderful caring people. The hardest part of the job is the lack of pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing meaningful productive and helpful programs for the children and interacting with them.
Pros
Hours amenable to home life, being able to be with children at this age is so much fun and rewarding.
Cons
Lack of flexibility in the work day; poor pay for the amount of work one does.
Diverse opportunities for advancement and ability to be exposed to different types of jobs,
Acct Tech (Current Employee) –  District OfficeOctober 14, 2014
Fast paced office with hard working staff. Processing payroll in the WESPAC system. Daily data entry, import and export from other systems such Sub On Line to process payroll. Reconciliation for final process at month end.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
growing school district
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 26, 2014
this is a great place to work a part time job, not much room for growth
in this type of work.
Pros
part time
Cons
no full time