Mullinax Ford

Mullinax Ford Employee Reviews

United States57 reviews

carenjoymanagementpeopletimeplacepaygreat

If your friends with Managers

You only make money if your “friends”’ with the managers. Otherwise be ready to work for every dollar and watch about 5 people sell. You’ll have a lot of downtime.

Big shop well managed top pay

Big shop with plenty of room to work heavy line+diag makes good money plenty of hours management for the most part leaves techs alone as long as you do your job

Mullinax Ford insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Mullinax really cares for it's employees. In my opinion, that's rare

Great place to work, a sense of Family in my opinion. They understand that people have lives and Families, and sometimes need to take time to take care of things.

Great Sales Department

Ive worked here 10+ years, held multiple positions in the sales department. Owner/Dealer are a great group to work for and well respected within the industry. Nothing shady going on in the sales department which is hard to say at most places. Some dealers have an image of being good guys, this dealer is the real deal.

Detailer

This company will abuse your hard work and not offer any promotions or raises while the ones that don’t work get raises and positions. While most your workforce is ether getting sick or quitting for two years straight. You can show hard work and loyalty but don’t get it in return.

Ok

it was okay, the job requires a lot of work to be done in a short period. No bathroom breaks. Lunches are so early almost as soon as you get there. Managers are very demanding.

Horrible pay plan, no leadership.

Management is more concerned about pleasing ownership than developing sales reps. Ownership is more concerned about their super car collection than they are about who works for them. Finance managers are typically sleeping or on Facebook. Management has everybody scared for their jobs so expect your Co workers to plot against you so they look better in the eyes of very weak management. Pay plan is from the 90's. You don't get paid more than $200 a unit.

Pros

None.

Cons

Weak management, poor pay plan

Official response from Mullinax Ford

February 17, 2022
We’re sorry to hear that you are disgruntled. We are however confused about your comment about pay; our average salesperson made over $80,000 per year in 2021, while our fleet reps make even more. We are also proud of our company’s record of fostering many long-term careers over the years, with impressive job-tenure across the company. Thanks for the feedback and sorry it was not a good fit.

Productive, fair, and fun

Management team is hands down on point. Super willing to help with anything you have going on. Amazing customer service atmosphere. They make it easy to keep customers happy.

Pays good but doesn’t

As an advisor you’re working 11hr+ days, 5 days a week, usually ends up being almost 60 hours a week. The pay is commission based but it pretty much equals out to if you were making $10-$12 and hour… This job is super draining mentally.

Pros

Pays my bills

Cons

No breaks, no lunch, 11 hour plus days

Flat rate has to go

Cars have become more complicated, more technical, warranty pays no where near what it takes to complete a job. Flat rate has to go, its 2021 and if your body is at work, i believe you should be compensated. Work distribution is unfair, some techs get cust pay jobs others only warranty. The industry needs to catch up with times and pay their techs fairly, especially since this generation of kids arent wanting to be mechanics so they will become a dying breed. If you do not receive a car to work on all day, but u were at work, u made $0 that day. What a waste of a day. But thats what they expect from u day in and day out.

Pros

Not having to deal directly with customers

Cons

Pay, flat rate, unfair work load, cars becoming more and more complicated, warranty times

Fun workplace with great coworkers but terrible pay.

People I’ve work with were great and fun. But the problem is the pay and amount of work we do is not worth the pay check. It also gets super busy doesn’t even give you time to eat lunch or anything.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Too much work for the pay, gets so hot outside

Managed poorly

When I hired in I thought “im going to retire from here”. Well fast forward to a few years later and I am so happy I don’t work for that cheap poorly ran and managed company. All they car about is the bottom line you are not a person just a number and they treat and act like they can replace you with no worry.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

It’s a dump

Good company

Enjoyed working at Mullinax. I didn't have any issues Every one was friendly. Some days were stressful but that's at any car dealership. You can move up in the company. I just wasn't interested in being a car salesperson

Very cool people

I worked as a detailer for a year and I loved it!! The more work you put in, the more money you'll make. And that's all that I have too say. And Jerry Mullinax the owner is the most humble business owner you'll come across.

Pros

Free lunches, laid back enviroment

Cons

Sales people could be a dick sometimes.

Better than the average dealership

Flat rate sales. You can almost estimate your paycheck to the dollar. Easy to get along with staff (most of them.) Mostly organized lot. Easy to identify if inventory is on site or not (key box.) Monthly competitions.

Best dealership in mobile to work

I loved everything about my time at Mullinax Ford the management is the best in the business. The compensation plan is unmatched along with the benefits. You are treated like family here not just an employee. That is saying a lot in the car business. Even the service department is top notch

Pros

Compensation plan, benefits, management, atmosphere

Run, away

Work load is off balance. No training, support or camaraderie. Sell, sell, sell & the customer’s paperwork is secondary. No verbal communication. Expected to communicate via email or “team-viewer” not a happy place!!!

Cons

Too many to mention

Great Place to Work

I have been a part of Mullinax Auto Group for a while. I am one of several people who started with no experience in an entry level position and worked my way up to a higher position. Mullinax believed in me and gave me everything I needed to succeed and excel. The most enjoyable part of my job is the employees. There are great people at Mullinax, Enterprise wide. I have made lifelong friends here. There will be bad days, there will be stress, there may be a few people that push your buttons...just like every job in the world. It's work, it's not meant to be all sunshine and rainbows. You get out of it, what you put in to it. The good out weighs the bad on every level. I don't plan on leaving and looking back I wouldn't change my choices that brought me here.

Its a great place to work at

Mullinax ford is a great place to work at. Most of the people who work at mullinax are nice and friendly. The one thing I dislike are the amount of hours you work, you work 50+ hour a week.

A relaxed and fun environment to work excellent workplace

prepare orders and delivery to each customers prepare paper work for each return from customers the hardest parts carry transmissions with customers (lol)

Horrible

Management is awful. They’re too busy focusing on simple mistakes people make to realize they aren’t perfect. The environment is extremely toxic. The place is a revolving door. They make you empty promises and act like they’re paying you a great amount when in reality, you’re doing the job of 6 people so it’s not balanced. Run away. As fast as you can. Nobody is treated equally. Their preferred method of “coaching” and “teaching” is intimidation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mullinax Ford. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Mullinax Ford with

• Mullinax Ford
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?