Multi Sales Company Employee Reviews

good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 5, 2018
good place to works a decent enough place to work if there are leads present, which was iffy at best while I was working there. It's very good for new people to the warehouse as the staff is good at training new people. There is very little advancement opportunity for ambitious employees.
Poor Management and unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La palmaSeptember 19, 2018
Warning, the management here isn't organized, they lack the abilities or knowledge to train anyone, I was sent to various locations to cover for people that were out without proper training or direction. Most of the time I would sit at my desk trying to train myself and at the end I was released supposedly because I was not a fit but how when I never received any completed training.. smh this company is all sorts of messed up internally and many of the employees will Express that but will not leave idk
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, lack of trining, no direction, no orginization, etc.
Challenging environment with a ton of opportunity!
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CAJuly 27, 2018
A challenging environment not for the feint of heart. But, if your an individual who wants the most out of a potential career, this is the place for you. The opportunity to advance in the company is based on ones merit and willingness to learn. The management team will do whatever we can to provide you the tools in order to succeed.
Pros
Excellent development opportunities and a high standard of work, A company you can trust to always do the right thing, There is a big investment in team development throughout
Stay clear of Multi Sales Vancouver Wa
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 26, 2018
This place has a horrible work environment ,intimidation by the incompetent branch manager and employee conflicts and fighting .low wage and stress.
Pros
none I can think of
Cons
Favoritism by branch manger, low wage, intimidation, blame game, stress, safety hazards over looked by branch manager, no future and no life here, everyone is in fear so they always blame the other person for their mistakes, branch manager is incompetent and unfit for his position
Fast paced job with lots of upward mobility
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CAJuly 8, 2018
Working at Multi Sales has been very rewarding. As a sales manager, I work closely with upper management, purchasing, customer service, and each of the branches. The management is very responsive to new ideas and suggestions, allowing me to make a real impact in the company. The headquarters and branches are mostly located in Southern California which allows for easy collaboration. The job is engaging and challenging and really allows a lot of out of the box solutions.
Pros
healthcare, vacation, medium sized company, collaborative, room for advancement
Cons
Unlimited opportunity is in your hands
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 22, 2018
Company has a culture centered around learning. Management has an open door policy and provides all the tools necessary for success. Great support from main office for smaller branches. Above standard industry pay and generous time off.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
Multisales is a great company to work for! Lots of room for advancement, competitive pay, and great benefits are just some of the perks. Management gives you all the tools you need to succeed and advance the rest is in your hands. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Room to advance, healtcare, bonuses
Great company with great people
Purchasing/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAMay 23, 2017
Multi Sales was a great place to work. I worked in the main branch and the atmosphere was friendly and collaborative. This is a medium sized company so the work you do really impacts the rest of the company and that makes the work more fulfilling. The management is there to help but you don't feel crowded and you are free to work at your own pace. There are full benefits and great salaries, I would go back if my circumstances changed.
Great Company
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CAMay 10, 2017
Multi Sales created an environment that has challenged me in ways I have never been challenged before and has given me opportunities to learn and grown within my field that I probably wouldn't have had elsewhere. Its a great company with great employees who all are willing to work together to do what is best for our customers.
good place to work wish was still there.
door tech (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 20, 2013
typical day would provide customers with satisfactory work on there garage doors wether cutting the door to size or installing windows, making springs for the correct weight of the door, loading and unloading customer vehicles.
Pros
constantly busy working with many different customers. pay, weekends off.
Horrible micromanaged blame-based work environment
Buyer (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAAugust 16, 2012
Multi Sales in La Palma, CA has good benefits and a casual dress code, and there are some good people there. They have quarterly reviews and merit based quarterly bonuses. Very few employees earn them, but if you work hard and have a service minded attitude, your manager can reward you. There is an employee discount program that can save you a lot of money if you ever need to buy a new garage door or related parts and equipment. The company has a good location, close to the 91 freeway.

Unfortunately there's a very bad pattern at Multi Sales in La Palma: In approximately 4 years, they've burned through 7 buyers in a purchasing department of only 3. You do the math. Something is very wrong there. Some were fired, some were smart enough to quit first.

The General Manager rules by intimidation, fear, and humiliation. Most people in the company are constantly looking for someone else to blame mistakes on because they are so afraid of being fired and/or being humiliated in front of their peers at the next meeting. It's very difficult to function productively and work together as a team in an environment with this kind of fear and anxiety constantly present at Multi Sales in La Palma, CA.

One very minor thing that never bothered me personally, but that some employees complain about in private, is the rotating schedule to clean the employee kitchen once a month. If you're lazy and/or don't like cleaning up the messes of inconsiderate co-workers, you won't like having to clean the kitchen once a month at the end of your workday. I don't know about the other branches; this was at Multi
  more... Sales in La Palma.

The general manager needs to take a step back and stop putting an impossible workload on the buyers that no one can fulfill without working 24/7.

If you are applying for a purchasing position at Multi Sales in La Palma, CA, I hope you enjoy learning on your own with very little support and training from a manager who is almost never available and who will let you take the blame for his own mistakes when the pressure is on. He'll change his story and claim he didn't instruct you to do something a certain way when he's in the hot seat. It's sad because otherwise he's a very nice guy and not unpleasant to work for. But his unwillingness to take full responsibility outweighs all of his positive attributes as a boss.

You also must enjoy being micromanaged by the company's general manager, who will repeatedly insult you in front of co-workers, telling you you're stupid and incompetent (in spite of your earning merit based bonuses for your exemplary job performance). If his escalating harassment fails to break your spirit, and instead of quitting, you start putting in more and more hours without pay to try to keep up with the impossible workload, eventually the GM will tell you that you're being paid too much and finally will let you go as a reward for your dedication and hard work. This is a recurring pattern for buyers at Multi Sales in La Palma! It happened to several buyers before me, and one that I know of after me.

The general manager oversteps the spineless manager of the purchasing department as he tries to micromanage the purchasing department, but the GM doesn't have any experience in purchasing and doesn't understand the first thing about running a successful purchasing department. The actual manager of the purchasing department is afraid for his own job, so he doesn't do anything to stop this; he enables it. As long as this General Manager is there, I don't think it's possible to be successful in a purchasing role at Multi Sales in La Palma. If you are someone who works hard, does a good job, and takes ownership of your work and responsibility for your actions, and you have any self respect whatsoever, then I would recommend you do not interview at all for a purchasing position with this company because you will soon become just another statistic in a long line of former buyers. It's sad because if this horrible General Manager wasn't there, Multi Sales in La Palma would be a pretty decent place to work.
Pros
it's a job. decent benefits and pay, good location close to 91 freeway.
Cons
managed by fear and humiliation, unreasonable work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Multi Sales Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Multi Sales Company Reviews by Location