Multi Service Employee Reviews

Not what I was expecting.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2018
I think training for the Open Road/Fleet Card department needs major improvements. High pressure and stress from managers to learn quick, a lot of information to learn and memorize and if you’ve never been in the trucking or law industry, you don’t pick up as quick as they want you to. No support offered, even when they know your struggling. Quick to write you up for what they believe is an inadequate call or note. So much pressure was on me to do this and do that a certain way that I ended up making more mistakes because I was so stressed all the time. I couldn’t think straight. I got tired very quickly being told I was doing everything wrong. Even when I was doing my job right, it was wrong for management. I felt like I wasn’t wanted and they nit picked everything I did looking for reasons to write me up. And to top it off, I felt it was odd that I was the only male in the department. And right before I quit, they hired a new employee, another women. It added in to my feeling that this wasn't the right team for me. Multi Service is a great company, and I think if I was hired into Aviation, Parts, Credit any other department other then Fleet Card I'd still be there today. Beware, Multi Service is a good company. Not the Fleet Card team.
Pros
Other departments were great.
Cons
Department was catty, training was substandard, Managers didn't have your back and were quick to write you up, Fleet Card was the forgotten department at the company.
Challenging and rewarding
GM II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2018
At these accounts I managed food service, EVS, Plant Operations, catering, conference set up and mailroom distribution and grounds. Providing me with a varied background and offering numerous opportunities for advancement
Pros
Great professional atmosphere
Cons
Travel Distance
Do not work here! Wouldn’t recommend to my enemy
Operations (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 10, 2018
Let’s just say in the operations department it is a complete disaster. They lack respect from other departments. Training is “winged.” No structure but er expect for you to succeed. Managers don’t communicate to you about anything. It is entirely messy. On top of that there is no job security. At least 8 people in the last 4 months have been fired and not for things that was their fault. On top of this the last 4 people that have quit or were terminated were here for 15-20 years and he is signing off on termination forms like it’s nothing. They don’t value their employees at all. If a rumor makes it around to management you get wrote up, true or not. There was no attendance policy up until a week ago but yet they had fired people for attendance. Super messy. Wouldn’t recommend. Try your luck elsewhere.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Overworked, under paid and Terrible training
Go back to high school
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2018
Such a gossipy place to work. Lots of cliques of mid management women who cackle and whisper about everyone. Totally unprofessional and sometimes embarrassing (like at trade shows).
If you've sucked up enough you might be ok....if not, I've seen a lot of good people run off.
Pros
Excellent health care benefits
Cons
management
Great workplace and people
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 9, 2017
Worked on accounts receivable and payable for various companies/customers
Created manual billing system for one customer then was project manager to automate the system.

Management was very stressed out most of the time, but were good to the employees with benefits. Unfortunately that translated to lower than average hourly pay for everyone.

The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
No benefits and lower than average pay
Busy working enviornment supporting credit card management.
Employee Benefits Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2017
This was a company that provided credit card assistance to Fortune 500 and trucking companies. I came into this position with a back log of unfinished payroll, employee benefit accounts and financial banking reconciliations outstanding. Working a lot of hours to become current before a major audit could be done.
Pros
Excellent staff and management support.
Cons
Initially alot of hours to bring things current.
Long time since I worked there
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 1, 2017
Its been a long time since I worked there. Not really able to give a fair account of business practices currently. Was not bad when I worked there. x
Multi faceted and challenging with consistent and open communication between upper management and work force
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 10, 2017
Multi Service is a great company to work for, with excellent management and a friendly work enviornment. I do feel that there is however a lack in compensation in comparison to national salary averages.
Pros
Great management and corporate culture overall very inclusive
Cons
No pay increase or incentive/ bonus structure
Salesforce CRM Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 7, 2017
Manager not so professional. Good place to work - Many good people. Like all other jobs depends who you are managed by. A friendly environment I would recommend depending on which department and who direct management is.
Multi Service
Customer Service Specialist - Aviation (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 28, 2017
Good compensation and overall benefits. Lively job culture with generally a quality overall group of co-workers.

Very tough on call customer service requirements i.e. nights and weekends which can make your off time uncomfortable.
Pros
Good compensation and overall benefits
Cons
Very tough on call customer service requirements
A year of my life I wish I had back
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 24, 2017
Poorly written and undocumented code which should have gotten its original programmers fired when it was written 20 years ago. A manager whose idea of agile development methodology was to hang its buzzwords over a waterfall development model. Perfect prescience was expected from developers and engineers when estimating how long it would take to work tickets, and any deviation from the initial estimate was punishable.
low pay management plays favorites
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 28, 2016
salaries average 10k to 20k below industry average and np chance for advancement unless you are best friends with management. Supervisors play favorites and actually do not try to hide this. People are afraid to speak their mind to fix things because management is inflexible.
Pros
free parking
Cons
low pay
Stable Company but lagging in technology
National Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 26, 2016
This is a stable company that you can rely on even during a recessions however it lags in it's ability to keep up with the competition regarding technology.
Pros
Monthly Treats for Birthdays and Anniversaries
Cons
compensation is on the lower end of the industry
Management that tries the soul...
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fuel CardApril 13, 2014
Multi Service has many departments I can only speak for the department I was in...Fuel Card. Day to day things were very fast paced. There are strict deadlines that must be met daily. I enjoyed the actual work that went on there. The day went by quickly because I was always so busy which is a good thing I think. However, if you do not like being micro managed, this is probably not the place for you. This department has an extremely high turnover rate...Within the 8 months I was there I saw at least 8 people either quit or be fired. Management is a huge issue...most of what goes on with management is very childish it feels very much like high school. I was asked to spy on people and IM the managers with updates throughout the day. It's all very shady and really unfortunate because I think the rest of the company has a good reputation. Just don't go to fuel card...
Pros
customers are nice, the job is easy
Cons
short or no breaks, terrible management
Great organization to work for. Very employee orientated.
Employee Benefits Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2013
I was responsible for all employee benefit programs. Assisted in the installation of new medical plan. Administrated the 401K plan. Managed and ran payroll for this organization. Had to reconcile all past bank accounts and benefit plans when I first took over the position as they had been without a supervisor for a 3 month period prior to my employment.
Pros
Great working environment and management staff.
nice
Web Services (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 21, 2013
multi service was a great place to work for the job i had, needed more money
Multi Service in a nutshell
Operations Manager, Manager of Aviation Operations (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 9, 2013
The corporate values are excellent and the people they hire are good, hard working, enjoyable coworkers. The management is generally good but communication leaves a lot to be desired as does the pay and benefits.
Pros
employee activities
Cons
leadership communication, pay and benefits
labor intensive job where toolbelts, hard hats, and steel toe boots are required.
Contract HVAC Installer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2012
This job entails much traveling, from San Antonio to Austin to the Midland/Odessa Tx area. Out of town during the week with the weekends off. The work day is 12-14 hours long in the heat, standing with minimal breaks. Working with potentially dangerous tool and heavy machinery makes focus and attention to detail a must.
Pros
paid travel including all gas, hotel fees, and food throughout the week.
Cons
long hours, out of town a lot, no benefits
Intimate, diverse company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 17, 2012
Multinational company specializing in transaction processing and billing, among other things.
great management and personel balance
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 3, 2012
multi service was great to work for great people fun job, great support by management
Pros
great hr and management
Cons
pay was not enough and benifits expensive