MultiCare Health System Employee Reviews

Not a nice office to work in.
Lab Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 16, 2018
The job was easy, but very fast pace. Lead wanted newcomer to work exactly like the coworkers that have been there for 10 years. No warnings or feedback on work. Let go after 16 days! This is not a billing job that I’m use to doing for over 15 yrs, mainly paperwork and data entry. Experienced racists remarks among coworkers and leadership. Shocked and saddened about it. I did not belong there and I feel the lead noticed and let me go. Supervisor was even talked about. Gossip gossip gossip.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and most co workers
Not a good place to work if you want to remain sane.
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 14, 2018
To save money they like to hire Bachelor's level people for therapist positions that should require a master's degree. Then they don't provide them with adequate training or support to be successful in the position. They also like to blame therapists for last minute no shows and penalize them for not making their productivity standards. Therapist's have no control over client showing up for appointments and should not be reprimanded for it. Most of their client's are on Medicaid so their is no financial penalty for missed appointments. Many clients will repeatedly no show for appointments, have their cases closed for failure to return and then a short time later enroll again in therapy services. They need to come up with a better system for dealing with client no shows and measuring therapist's productivity. Therapist's are afraid to take vacations, call in sick because it effects their productivity.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic productivity standards
Multicare is a great place to work
MEDICARE COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 12, 2018
I loved working at multicare. We all had our production goals to meet but it was a fun work atmosphere. There were always changes for advancement and and to take on extra work and learn new things.
Pros
Good pay and benefits plus a great working place
Cons
I did have a long commute
Toxic environment and inexperienceienced nurses and not enough physicians. The culture is one of fear the manager is fearful everyone us gossiping abo
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covington, WANovember 11, 2018
Toxic environment by a paranoid inexperienceienced manager make a long day even longer. It's really to bad it's a beautiful new hospital but when you add paranoia by your manager , dangerous staffing and inexperienced nurses. They are currently having a union drive and Multicare management is definitely anti union so no protection at all.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management, dangerous staffing, no union, poor pay.
Very productive and great environment to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 29, 2018
I truly enjoy Multicare. It is a great company to grow with. The days are long in my position but it gives me a great work/life balance. They are very family oriented and will do what they can to give you a great balance.
collaborative workplace
Chemistry Processor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 24, 2018
MultiCare offered plenty of opportunities to grow and everyone worked together. A typical day was well prepared for, the management was always on top of things, but the hardest part of the job was communication. Sometimes communication between shifts didn't happen.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 21, 2018
Has a good training program for new nurses. The work pace is always busy but support is available. I have learned an enormous amount at Tacoma General. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the patients I get to meet. The hardest part of the job is the physical demands and the commute.
Pros
People
Cons
physical demands
Overall great employees who are educated and passionate about their jobs
Tech (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 11, 2018
Extreme employee reduction when newer CEO was hired
Fewer employees with same or increased patient volumes
patient wait times increased and general quality of care is less due to less time available for each patient
Staff morale declined, incentives less obtainable, difficulty finding staff coverage for vacations or sick time
Difficult to find parking causing stress and late arrival to work
Culture of fear
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 11, 2018
Everyone is over worked and inadequately supported.

MultiCare inadequately funds current operations in favor of their rapid expansion plans

Top down management where employees are scared to speak up.

Top management leaders are rude and condescending and seemingly encouraged and rewarded by top leadership.

They do not live up to their values of respect, collaboration and excellence.

Turn over is extremely high and salaries low.
Pros
Cons
Disrespect and lack of collaboration
Certified Medical Assistant / Back office Lead (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WASeptember 3, 2018
Very adaptable to employees needs and shows appreciation to all employees. Flexibility in schedules which leads to amazing work home balance and very supportive of moving with in the company. excellent training and resources
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
becoming more money driven than patient driven at times/ places
Look elsewhere for work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TacomaAugust 8, 2018
Management is not to be trusted. They will cut your throat to save themselves. There are rules that are enforced unequal and as discriminatory as to be very obvious
Pros
Pay
Fast-paced work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 30, 2018
Multicare offered a fast-paced working environment that also allowed employees a great deal of autonomy and the ability to work collaboratively with their peers across the healthcare spectrum.
good place to work overall
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2018
multicare is a good organization that compensates it's employees better than other organizations in the same field, at least when I worked there. I would work there again if I lived closer
Management is Inept
N/A (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 12, 2018
The management is inconsistent, inexperienced and very unprofessional. There is never any clear objective to anything. The management just seems to thrive in chaos most of the time.
Great company, pay, and benefits
Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 11, 2018
I started with MultiCare at the beginning of their transition over Deaconess and Valley Hospitals and Rockwood Clinic. The INW leadership team is wonderful to work with, and the leadership from the Puget Sound side as well. Very welcoming, supportive and helpful as we all worked to understand the culture of MultiCare and processes. It was a great experience and I would have stayed had I not moved out of the area. The truly care about their community and their employees.
Pros
People, pay, leadership, benefits
Cons
For me the con was my commute
Right Values, Wrong Culture
Management (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 25, 2018
For a company that is big on standardization, one thing that is not standardized is the standard that management is held to. Some management teams are held to a much higher and hard-working standard than others. Others skate by with disrespectful communication, lazy work ethic, and little follow through. MultiCare is a great company overall, but focus should be shifted more to fixing behavioral issues within the organization instead of expanding it. Provider behaviors are a big problem, where entitlement is everywhere. Management is expected to "deal" with these problems, but does not have the support of administrators to make change happen.
Pros
Job security, benefits, generous PTO
Cons
Unrealistic workload, on call 24 hours per day, entitled providers, overly complicated processes
Best opportunity for any LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 21, 2018
During my tenure at GSH IR as an LPN I would say that it was by far the best opportunity I was ever offered before continuing on in my education. The most notable things I can remember there were these. The employees, leadership and physicians. The teams that they had GSH ,during my time, specifically that are in the IR department or ancillary to imaging were incredible. Every day I arrived for my shift I can recall remembering “today I learned something new and it’s awesome!” The amount of knowledge that revolves around the nursing staff that I supported and the willingness of the physicians and nursing to provide “teachable moments” or pathophysiology of disease processes and what interventions are used and why, blew me away. The nurses there were amazing, they took me under their knowledgeable wings, mentored me, and pushed me to take the next steps from being an LPN. The leadership. Wow. My direct supervisors were incredible. Both were former military and you could tell they lived the mission statement of GSH to their core. Both were extremely professional at all times. I respected them immensely as my leadership but felt comfortable enough to speak frankly about any issues that may have arisen. They solved or explained any issues in a clear, concise and respectful manor to which I was extremely grateful for. The physicians. Again I must reiterate the level of gratitude I had during my time there to work so closely and get to know them on a personal level. My knowledge level increased a hundredfold. Working in tandem, assisting and even scrubbing in for procedures was  more... probably the highlight of my LPN, hospital time. The work was difficult at times however the people, the atmosphere, and leadership made it a place that I will always remember as more than worth it. Applying myself at a 150% level was easy to do because I genuinely enjoyed being a part of that team. To a prospective employee joining that team I would offer this, dive in head first, use all your critical thinking skills, try to plan 2 steps ahead of what is directly in front of you and never ever be afraid to ask questions. If you do these basics things, the skill set and knowledge base that you will earn? Trust me, is second to none.  less
Pros
Staff, leadership, physicians, skills aquired
great workplace
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 10, 2018
This workplace is very comfortable to work in. Everyone is very professional and easy to communicate with. Patients are very appreciative of the staff as well
Wolf in sheeps clothing
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 9, 2018
This organization lured you in with”great” benefits and discounts. But once you’re in, you’re just another number. Bottom line is, they preach a culture of fairness and loyalty but they don’t care about the employee once they are hired. Any issues address to the worthless HR department never gets addressed. The managers are more concerned about you performing just enough to make their bonuse for them. As well as physicians. Don’t dare complain or have a voice they will find a reason to fire you. They stripped the employees of the yearly gain sharing and replaced it with a bogus, unattainable bonus system based on customer satisfaction and not employee performance.
Benefits
Cons
The benefits come with a price. Management.
Lack of respect
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAJune 5, 2018
Lack of respect to employees and patients. Zero training was just told where to sit and go. Management had no people skills or empathy. If asked for assistance was told to "figure it out yourself"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiCare Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight