MultiCare Health System
Here to help
Coronavirus update

MultiCare Health System Employee Reviews

United States393 reviews
What is the pay scale? Also, do they accept a cna with a phlebotomists license? I am thinking about switching careers. I’ve seen nothing but really good reviews about multi care especially at this location in Puyallup.
I was only there for a few months, helping with a project go-live, but the environment was constructive, collaborative, and positive, and from the get-go felt like a place where everyone was on the same team. I felt inclined to go beyond the strict confines of my job description, in order to contribute.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Slow reaction times to changes
I have wanted to be part of the Mult-Care for a long time. I took on a 5 month temporary job while the senior administrate assistant while employee was on leave. I never learned so many systems and made use of my reporting/finance skills with so much variety and every employee I meant had all work ethics that they believed and loved MultiCare.
Pros
Learning new databases, duties, responsibilities, and variety
Cons
Only that this was a temporary assignment
Company and CEO’s only focus is on how money they can make.
This use to be a great place to work, not now. Forget about work life balance. As a provider you’re expected to see as many people that you can a day even if it becomes unsafe.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
I love working here. Been here for 15 years. Love the staff and my patients. Manager is very supportive .
Multicare provides great benefits and flexibility.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
My day normally starts with a small huddle, we talk about random things and also cover what needs to be done for the day. It's wonderful to work with a great crew.
Toxic unsupportive environment. Lack of leadership, cattiness, bullying, gossip that makes you feel like you’re in high school all over again. Micromanage to a whole other level. Feels like walking on
eggshells more often than not.

Work life balance/schedule not bad

Benefits/perks are decent

No paid holidays must use your PTO if available
This company only cares about money. They do not practice their mission statement. Worse of all they are not transparent with their employee or patients.
Most jobs here fall under a union. In my experience here Multicare is excellent at following all of their polices they have set forth and treat employees fairly. I have zero complaints about working here and have been employed for 5 years.
Ive been here for 7 years and i love helping patients. and i strongly belive in our mission vision and values. overall the company is great for the community and always helping out.
I love my job and unit. My coworkers are mostly awesome. Especially the RN’s who treat us as equals and help so so much. It’s a busy unit but it’s a loving crew of people. I’ve been able to ask for a schedule change and was given it right away, work life balance is super important to them. Happy to be here and hopefully grow w GSH.
Pros
12 hour shifts so more time off
Cons
12 hour shifts so you feel like a walking zombie coming home
Cronyism, bullying, and no way to change it is what my personal experience was. It ruined my confidence for awhile. The company seems to encourage this behavior which I found out, unfortunately, too late. Very sad place.
started family practice clinic, closed by management. started, at company's behest, anticoagulation clinic, closed by management due to "high productivity with high risk."
Pros
decline
Cons
decline
Great integration and collaborative work environment. Management was helpful and professional. Case loads manageable and healthy benefits, and professional work atmosphere .
I'm giving multicare a poor review because I've worked there for almost a year now and some of my co-workers and supervisor were rude. I was not eligible for benefits because I was not working full time so I recieved the same pay as a float and I just did not see myself growing with this company, but I appreciate the experience. I did learn some things that I did not know before.
During the COVID-19 health crisis Multicare rolled out a "new benefits protection program" that helped to preserve the hours and benefits of employees experiencing loss of hours due to temporary closures etc resulting from COVID-19. The only thing this supposed amazing protection plan offered was keeping medical benefits for employees not getting enough hours. If you were to become sick with COVID-19 or out of work while your COVID-19 test was pending and did not have sick time or PTO to use you we're out of luck. They would not pay a dime to help. These are employees on the front lines and this corporation couldn't even offer to help their employees with sick time. For employees without available PTO/sick time who had to be out of work they are at risk of not being able to provide for their families or keep a roof over their heads. No front line employee deserves to be treated this way. Many retail corporations and others have stepped up to the plate offering employees sick time/PTO/vacation etc to help offset time missed from illness. Multicare should be ashamed!
Management was horrible in the neuroscience departments. They treat minority’s less than. They will make you do the work of 4 people and pay you for the work of 1. They will make you work at several locations without giving you compensation for traveling and you don’t get the same pay a “float” would even though you are traveling and doing the same work they do.
Current financial challenges in Multicare's Spokane market have resulted in tough cost-cutting decisions with local operations that limit future growth strategies and hinder a trust culture. The hospitals are well managed, but the physician group has challenges.
We feel like family here working for Multicare health systems,
Everyone in the Emergency Department treats each other on the same level, Rn's, Tech's, Lpn were are a team
Multicare is a large corporation; has high standards for employees; meeting productivity and deadlines is a job requirement. Advancement can be very quick if employee is pleasant, works hard and supports Multicare goals. Many clinical supervisors at Multicare are unlicensed, and relatively new clinicians.
MultiCare is a good place to work, but their pay and benefits could be a bit closer to market comparable, but they appear to be working on making adjustments. Although it is a typical medium-large organization with a top-down management model, the Pres & CEO is awesome. He is the most caring, down-to-earth top level leader I've ever experienced. I appreciated his weekly messages that focused NOT on political bias but rather the good and positive things in our everyday lives. That is what really matters and it is terrific he didn't use his position to push an agenda. (I think I only sensed his 'bias' one time which is pretty good!) Overall, I did not care for the health insurance offering and their retirement provider & their on-line platform and accessibility is not good - very confusing and hard to access/understand.
Pros
Solid reputation, involved in the communities they serve
Cons
healthcare plans, retirement provider
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiCare Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight