MultiCare Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management is Inept
N/A (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 12, 2018
The management is inconsistent, inexperienced and very unprofessional. There is never any clear objective to anything. The management just seems to thrive in chaos most of the time.
Great company, pay, and benefits
Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 11, 2018
I started with MultiCare at the beginning of their transition over Deaconess and Valley Hospitals and Rockwood Clinic. The INW leadership team is wonderful to work with, and the leadership from the Puget Sound side as well. Very welcoming, supportive and helpful as we all worked to understand the culture of MultiCare and processes. It was a great experience and I would have stayed had I not moved out of the area. The truly care about their community and their employees.
Pros
People, pay, leadership, benefits
Cons
For me the con was my commute
Best opportunity for any LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 21, 2018
During my tenure at GSH IR as an LPN I would say that it was by far the best opportunity I was ever offered before continuing on in my education. The most notable things I can remember there were these. The employees, leadership and physicians. The teams that they had GSH ,during my time, specifically that are in the IR department or ancillary to imaging were incredible. Every day I arrived for my shift I can recall remembering “today I learned something new and it’s awesome!” The amount of knowledge that revolves around the nursing staff that I supported and the willingness of the physicians and nursing to provide “teachable moments” or pathophysiology of disease processes and what interventions are used and why, blew me away. The nurses there were amazing, they took me under their knowledgeable wings, mentored me, and pushed me to take the next steps from being an LPN. The leadership. Wow. My direct supervisors were incredible. Both were former military and you could tell they lived the mission statement of GSH to their core. Both were extremely professional at all times. I respected them immensely as my leadership but felt comfortable enough to speak frankly about any issues that may have arisen. They solved or explained any issues in a clear, concise and respectful manor to which I was extremely grateful for. The physicians. Again I must reiterate the level of gratitude I had during my time there to work so closely and get to know them on a personal level. My knowledge level increased a hundredfold. Working in tandem, assisting and even scrubbing in for procedures was  more... probably the highlight of my LPN, hospital time. The work was difficult at times however the people, the atmosphere, and leadership made it a place that I will always remember as more than worth it. Applying myself at a 150% level was easy to do because I genuinely enjoyed being a part of that team. To a prospective employee joining that team I would offer this, dive in head first, use all your critical thinking skills, try to plan 2 steps ahead of what is directly in front of you and never ever be afraid to ask questions. If you do these basics things, the skill set and knowledge base that you will earn? Trust me, is second to none.  less
Pros
Staff, leadership, physicians, skills aquired
great workplace
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 10, 2018
This workplace is very comfortable to work in. Everyone is very professional and easy to communicate with. Patients are very appreciative of the staff as well
Wolf in sheeps clothing
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 9, 2018
This organization lured you in with”great” benefits and discounts. But once you’re in, you’re just another number. Bottom line is, they preach a culture of fairness and loyalty but they don’t care about the employee once they are hired. Any issues address to the worthless HR department never gets addressed. The managers are more concerned about you performing just enough to make their bonuse for them. As well as physicians. Don’t dare complain or have a voice they will find a reason to fire you. They stripped the employees of the yearly gain sharing and replaced it with a bogus, unattainable bonus system based on customer satisfaction and not employee performance.
Benefits
Cons
The benefits come with a price. Management.
Lack of respect
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAJune 5, 2018
Lack of respect to employees and patients. Zero training was just told where to sit and go. Management had no people skills or empathy. If asked for assistance was told to "figure it out yourself"
Look Elsewhere
RN (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 23, 2018
I was given completely contradictory messages by different managers. I got no support when another employee brought false charges to HR. No one cared what I had to say or followed up with me. I was told by my manager that I was doing a great job and that the other employee was not doing hers. I was fired a few days later. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing in this company. No one seems to want to jeopardize their job to speak up about bad performance at this facility. If you are looking for a free-ride this may be your ticket.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poorly trained management, inconsistent messages, employees seem afraid to speak up here.
Working at MultiCare
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 21, 2018
I work for Multicare for 13 years and they change managers poor times while I was there they acted like they listen to us but they didn't follow through they were negative help with ideas
Cons
Not always getting breaks and they blamed you for not getting them when the didn't have coverage
Compassion and quality care delivery
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job at Multicare was that everybody worked together as a team. Management actually played by the rules of the organisation, and high quality standard of care was the culture that every member of this great family belonged to.
Pros
High standards of care
Cons
Staffing shortages
Great place to gain work experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 3, 2018
Worked as an intern, and it was great work environment, great place to learn skills, professional environment, excellent workplace culture and helpful staff.
No answer
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 2, 2018
Working at multicare used to be a fun atmosphere. I enjoyed going to work. After being moved to a department where management showed favoritism towards their friends who were applying from outside agencies; I slowly began to realize that the Department at Multicare had a "if you don't look like me" approach to fair treatment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Favortism, borderline racism
Excellent learning experience
Volunteer in Labor and Delivery Unit (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAApril 29, 2018
The environment prepares volunteers for a future job in healthcare. The environment allows volunteer to help people, and fulfill their passion of helping people.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Sometimes slow
Jr. Recruiter
JUNIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 27, 2018
The people were nice but the management was regimented and hard to navigate. They had a nice lunchroom and all of the employees seemed happy to be there but some managers were difficult to work with.
Pros
People
benefits provided
Medical Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 19, 2018
company offers exceptional benefits to employees and discounts. rewards for healthy living. substantial time off for vacations/ sick leave. 401K and life insurance.
Pros
great benefits and generous time off provided, scholarships for education opportunites
Cons
poor management, non collarbertive administration
great coworkers and teamwork, bad staffing
LN (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 9, 2018
The physicians treat the patients great, but anyone beneath them in job title they have no respect for, particularly the nurses. They appear to hire a lot of traveling RNs instead of ones from the community, partly because I have heard a lot of licensed nurses locally do not want to work here. Nursing Assistants are short-staffed on a regular basis, especially when they have to float to a different section that is in even more desperate need of a CNA. They are getting more and more patients that either have psych needs or medical needs such as dementia, including ones that need to have one on one attention through out an entire shift and/or put in restraints. They also seem to have the problem on at least a couple of floors where they have patients there for way more than a month that they can't find places for outside the hospital to be treated, so it feels like a long-term nursing home more than a hospital. Could go on but will stop here.
Pros
great teamwork generally
Cons
talked about in review
decent place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAMarch 19, 2018
To work at Multicare is good the patients and most of the physicians and nurse practitioner are good to work with however with the change in management and or supervisors my experience and feelings changed while working there. I did enjoy my job and would do it again but diffrently.
Coworkers are great
Medical Office Receptionist, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 16, 2018
Patients and co workers are great. Management thought your feelings were not important and wanted you to be a robot at work. You needed to make your job the most important aspect in your life and not your health or your family.
Pros
Great providers
Long time employee.
Medical receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 13, 2018
Management does not know how to do your job, but likes to tell you what you are doing wrong. Management is to comfortable staying in one position or location. They either need to move them around to different regions so they do not hand pick their “Favorite “ employee! Targets certain employees, then moves on to there next victim! Very sad some really good employees being harassed until they leave or get fired!
Very Mismanaged
Maintenance Contractor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WashingtonMarch 10, 2018
Found the higher management position to be combative,non-reachable, undecisive in their decision making process. Very vague,
false advertisement for the hiring process and treat Temporary
contractors to hire badly. I would recommend anyone to consider a alternate place of employment, and company is very undermanned.
Pros
Great pay, paid time off, benefits
Cons
unorganized, undermanned, terrible higher management.
Overall a very reputable company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 9, 2018
It was a great learning experience for me, and I really liked my supervisor. Unfortunately, my initial co-worker was very unpleasant to work with, and leadership was not able to correct it, as it was her word against mine. Ultimately she left, and her replacement was wonderful, as were pretty much the other team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiCare Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight