Multimatic

Multimatic Employee Reviews

United States112 reviews

plantproductionmachineovertimedecentcleanbadtraining

Easy simple jobs

Management is poor promotion process is poor I got a welding position in November of last year and am still waiting to be trained and certified for it

Pros

Good hourly pay, most jobs within the facility are easy to do

Cons

Management is poor, only allowed to use by 3 pto days every 6 months

What is the best part of working at the company?You can learn different ways to grow What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When I started welding it was hard and stressful but I had to gather my thoughts and get myself together I was going about welding the wrong way but now I love welding What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everything from young to older people What is a typical day like for you at the company?All depends on how the weldes are

Multimatic insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Managers don't have any concern for your personal life

This company expects you to basically be on call. They have complete disregard for work/life balance and intentionally manipulate their employees. They never listen to employees and do not learn from their mistakes.

Fast working environment, each division is totally different

Every day is different. An extremely fast paced, demanding environment. Sometimes work/life balance can be hard to achieve. Stressful but generally, as a team you support one another and pull through it.

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

This is the type of management that will follow company rules and guidelines when it's convenient for them and then throw those guidelines right out the window the minute the slightest inconvenience comes along. If you want to work there, don't believe anything that they say.

10 11 10 minute break

When you work there you have to work over every morning 5 to 20 minutes and you never get paid for it over time only management gets paid over time there and expect you to work for free overtime , we were told we would get a raise after 30 days when we got hired into the company the company told us no you get a raise in 6 months management lies to you constantly they never return your phone calls they're always busy if you like to work hard and fast pace that's a good place for you if you don't care about not getting paid for overtime it's a good place for you you get a 10 minute break and a 20 minute lunch by the time you get to where you're going you got to turn around and come right back

Continuous Improvement Manager

Outstanding Insurance and a good work place. Great associates that do so much they are very hard workers. A Team Environment with all departments which is wonderful

There is too much favoritism management makes this company look really bad. Our HR department is not the best they protect who they want to protect. Supervisors and leads treat employees really bad. Turnover rate is really high because of that. Training policy is horrible.

Good pay

Way too hot to work there and a lot of employees, but I'm not big in crowds though. You do different things not always doing the same job everyday. Good opportunity to move up in company.

Do not advance above an operator.

They treat thier AMO and above very! VERY!! Poorly. Work life balance is not that important to them. Your treated like you owe them your life.Training is terrible, then treat you like your to stupid to understand the basics of thier bad leadership.

Good people collaborating together for all to succeed

I look forward to going to work! I'm not afraid to ask questions, and I try to be better the next day than I was the day before - learn a new task, understand the process better. My boss is an amazing teacher and gives me the tools I need to learn and grow. Everyone says good morning, asks how you are doing, etc. From the top down, most are happy to be here doing our thing to make our company a success!

Pros

Top notch training, benefits, united for a common goal

Cons

limited places to eat lunch

The employees are good people to work with there

The management there is very poorly very unorganized And they don't treat people with respect you do what they say or find another job And in their interviews they will tell you one thing and totally do another thing. It starts with HR very poorly rain

Pros

Very good insurance

Cons

Sometimes you don't even get a break, And they have such a high turnover and employees

Doing the job.

Getting the job done, it is using your knowledge to complete each step in a timely fashion. Feeling good about what you have done. Flexibility of doing the work, is excellent. Work later, go in early, to get the job done.

Poor management style really brings the place down.

Management is a problem, they believe that yelling at the entire shift is how you get the one or two people to change their behavior. There are a lot of layoffs right now, and they already know when they are; but they won't tell the employees until a week before (are you good at unemployment, you will be). Be prepared for a layoff or overtime at a moments notice. Probably best not to make plans.

Pros

You get raises quickly.

Cons

Short breaks, healthcare, short notice of mandatory OT

Management is a joke

No one knows how to do their job. There are no consequences if you mess up your job. Leads know nothing about the areas they are over. They don't do a good job when training new employees

Pros

Decent amount of paid holidays

Cons

Management, line leads, poor training

It's a pretty secure company to work for, but all you do is work

Not the worst company to work for - the pay scale is fairly competitive, and the benefits are okay. They don't care if you have a home life though, and you have to be pretty well connected with management to have a chance at any real advancement. It's a multi-billion dollar per year company, but they don't always spend the money they need to in order to maintain some of the more critical equipment. If you want to spend a lot of time being micromanaged and taken for granted while wishing you were home, this is the company for you.

Pros

Decent pay, some perks

Cons

Overbearing managers, neglect

Fair advancement policy and fair manufacturing environment

Multimatic uses a scorecard to determine advancement opportunities. Over 40 ytd earning $23 to $32 / hr. They have an open door policy and want all associates to use it when needed or wanted. They do a shout out board to recognize positive acts and are involved in the community. During the pandemic and chip shortage they offered options to take volunteer time off OR stay and earn a paycheck doing various tasks OR go on unemployment. They brought in 5 or 6 food trucks over the summer. They invested in 10 ceiling blower units to move air. They don't make commodity products and invest in good custom equipment, but it's not always easy to keep it running 100%. It's manufacturing with 350 associates in Indiana weather, so par for the course in other aspects.

Pros

Insurance, opportunities, not too hard of work, clean, safe

Cons

When hot outside it's hot inside

Great benefits!

Multimatic is a great place to work with great benefits. Insurance is the best insurance I have had in the past 15 years! New General Manger in 2021 made huge POSITIVE difference! Previous General Manager had a negative impact on entire management team, nothing positive to say about the individual. Easy work and great pay for production workers. VERY clean work environment!

Pros

Free lunches periodically, freebies such as coolers and cups periodically, great benefits, great insurance

Cons

it's a manufacturing plant....normal manufacturing issues that everyone has

Good money awful management

Unfair treatment. The pay was good but management picked on the people who actually did their job, allowing those Doing less than the bare minimum to continue doing nothing while they nit picked the real hard workers. Claimed they didn’t have favorite but they clearly did. Not all management was bad but they didn’t truly teach you how to do the job. Leads were great though and made up for the lack of communication within management.

Pros

Free lunch every once in a while

Cons

Favorites, bad communication skills

No room for advancement

It's just a job that you do to make money and get out they don't care about employees and you are just a number to them recommend to avoid this place

Exciting projects

Engineering capabilities like few others but management is pretty rough, horizontal org chart means little opportunity for growth and generally, review practices are opaque

Pros

Cool projects, great engineering

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Multimatic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Multimatic with

Multimatic reviews by popular job title

• Multimatic