Multiplan Employee Reviews in Arlington, TX

Great work to work.
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 18, 2019
Learned how to negotiate claims. Loved my co workers. Dealth with high dollar claims. Worked with providers to get the cost down. Management was wonderful. They really worked with their employees.
Pros
Cons
Short lunches
Stressful Demeaning place to work.
Negotiations Healthcare Claims (Current Employee) –  Arlington TxMay 28, 2019
Stressful, goals set unsatisfiable. Change goals every quarter. Write ups Demoralizing place to work. Criticism and no offer of making changes. Never thought I could be treated so badly by a place and no one to help you. Not the State Labor board or higher management.

Their main concern making the all mighty dollar and pay raises aren't in line with Cost of Living. They do not care about your health or you. Never work in this stressful environment.
Pros
You did received a check. Served with knowing you weren't appreciated
Cons
Stressful Demoralizing Zero appreciation.
Fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 10, 2019
Entering data in timely manner to resolve issues.
Learned new terminology.
Team oriented workplace.
Most enjoyable part of the job is having team activities.
Pros
Weekly contest to keep employee morale up
high paced
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2019
very high paced environment, goal driven. call like center environment. Some supervisors are great and very helpful while others are very lazy and. There is room to grow with the company if you are lucky enough to meet your interviewers standard. Some supervisors are judgmental when it comes to interviewing for another position, they do not go off of experience at all. Most of the team leads are very helpful and knowledgeable. HR department is very unhelpful when it comes to most matters.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management, bad pay
Could be better if people learn to respect one another
FNX Clerical Support I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Work is repetitive 8 hours of doing same thing nothing DIFFERENT OR challenging not allowed to talk to co-workers, always being watched, like children.
Pros
get to leave early on fridays in the summer
Cons
Moral is always bad
Claims Specialist Resolution Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day included a list of 400 plus medical claims to work. What I've learned from this company was how to properly negotiate on OON - Out of Network claims. Management is friendly and the workplace culture is diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to successfully negotiate claims.
Pros
Several food day celebrations
Fun decent place to work with some good employee benefits
Claim Resolution Specialist and Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 19, 2018
Mulitplan is a good company and decent place to work, upper Management is fair, listens to and implements employees suggestions.
There are excellent and reasonably priced employee benefits pkg, along with really good discounts and perks, however, pay range is very low.
Pros
Lots of Company Sponsored Discounts, & Perks, Excellent Benefit package Management is fair.
Cons
Pay rate and scale is very low compared to other companies
Claims Resolution
Medical Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2018
The actual job is far different then what is portrayed in the interview. The job is basically fee negotiations on individual claims with out of network providers the idea is to get providers to cut their bills to save the insurance co money, in return the prov gets a faster payment. The pay is very low with yearly merit increase at less than 20 cents a yr. They have so many petty rules such as you cannot listen to music on your phone, far too many rules for the amount of work and low pay you are given. Management definitely has their favorites and the favorites are the ones that advance in the company. I worked there out of convenience it was close to home and offered flex schedule to give me more time with my kids.
Pros
other employees are great
Cons
low pay, excessive rules, no opportunity for advancement
Enjoyed working for Multiplan Inc.
Claims Resolution Specialist l (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 2, 2018
Work for multiplan for 9 years. Love the fact that they had paid time off. Enjoyed working with my co-workers team leader and supervisor. Gained a lot of experience regarding negotiating claims.
Pros
Awesome Co-workers
Cons
Could sometimes be stressful.
Located right next door to the Dallas Cowboy Stadium, The Texas Rangers Stadium and the New Texas Live Center
CRS Negotiaion Services II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76011July 19, 2018
Multiplan is a great place to get started in the medical billing field. Many opportunities to learn about other insurance company's and as well getting exposed to medical coding and processing procedures.
Pros
Summer hours. On fridays, company pays you two hours to leave early with pay.
Very wishy washy about the roles
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at work here is very laid back come in at 8 am and leave by 4ish. During the start at multiplan it was very relaxed and did tests for the company. The few things that i learned was how the company operated and what they did, but what I was not told was going into it, was research companies and not really use the phone. The reality of the job is that it is call center work, and the way they have it posted on the web page is very different. I am not saying that it is not for you, but just know it is not research based position. They run favorites in the company, and it is very bias. They are so strict on time and being on time that they let people go based on the time issue. The management will say one thing in person when it is one on one, but when it comes to group conversation it will be very backwards. That is how they cover eachother, also make sure you get things in email if things go wrong. On the good side, I learned a lot about how the company works, and I also learned that the company is not very well liked by many people. You will get hung up on, and you will have to do so many calls a hour and if you dont you will get audited. So you pretty much have to be perfect to not get audited on your calls that you make. Also some times if you seem to smart they will call you to have you do there job because they dont want to do it.
Pros
Good work environment for a 8-5
Cons
Management, environment
No standard operating procedure
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 29, 2018
The HR manager confirmed that Multiplan's training is sub-par and that upper management knows that it is sub-par. Supervisor's and team leads all lie. In one on one meetings, it will be told that your work is great. Then, two days later your fired. BLINDSIDED.
Pros
Great co-workers, good location.
Cons
Management, hostile environment
Multiplan offers alot of training and advancement
Sr. OON Customer specialist, Negotiation Services (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 16, 2018
I've been with Multiplan for 10 years and I enjoyed my position, however I am only relocating to to be closer to my family. I would definitely suggest employment opportunities to anyone with this company.
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
Minimal pay increases
Team Turnover
Fee Negotiation Suppport (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TexasMarch 10, 2018
They rotate teams too much. I have been on three teams in the three and half years I have been with the company. At the end of September my supervisor quit an we were left without a supervisor from October until January. We had an interim supervisor until then. But he was running two teams and we were not his first priority.
MultiPlan
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2018
MultiPlan is a great company to work for! Friendly staff, welcoming, great benefits, wellness plan, nice facility, everyone is super helpful, summer hours, generous PTO which you start accruing on your first day, holiday schedule is great. There's really not much more your could ask for from a company.
Cut throat
Health Insurance Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2018
The atmosphere was cut throat, dirty , unprofessional , discriminatory, and the managers had their favorites and always gave special attention to their favs.
Pros
carfe
Cons
Treatment of employees
Temporary Assignment
Fee Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Great opportunity to speak with providers regarding contractual agreements and negotiate payments. It is a repetition assignment with lots of telephone time.
Pros
individual work space
Cons
no benefits as temp employee
good place to work
Senior Claim Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 19, 2017
This was one of the best jobs I ever had in my life. The company offered summer hours, gave Christmas parties and gave away great gifts, coworkers were great to work with. this was is a company to work for and will recommend to anyone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
face pace enviroment
Place of work and fun
Negotiation Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 26, 2017
Multiplan supports its employees with many activities to help many the work place fun. They have a Christmas party every year with prize give away. They offer summer hours to allow employees to leave work two hours early on Fridays during the summer months. Throughout the rest of the year, employees can work compressed hours allowing them to work the two hours they leave early up during the week. Each team has a quarterly lunch-in to help boost team morale
Pros
Lunch-ins, parties
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
stable business, just underpaid for work load given
Claims Resolution Specialist, Negotiation Services (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 6, 2017
the top management needed overhaul, other than that it was a fair job, the immediate supervisors and the regular employees made it tolerable. the bonuses promised sounded better than what was actually given out as well.