Multiplan Employee Reviews in Waltham, MA

Good solid company to work for
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 5, 2018
Multiplan is a good solid company to work for but I think the salaries are on the low side and there is not a lot of room for career advancement. Also, the company moved 2 years ago and I have recently moved and the commute is long and difficult (traffic).
Acceptable
Associate Counsel & Dir. of Corporate Compliance (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 18, 2018
Management and culture could use some re-vamping. Otherwise the company has a lot of products and an opportunity to learn. Diverse population and cross-functional opportunities exist.
Best Places to Work
Key Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Great pay, benefits and perks. This company shows great appreciation to the employees and gives employees opportunity to grow with the company.
Best Places to Work
Senior Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Awesome work ethics, professional and cares about employees. Opportunity for overtime, great job security and growth potentials.
call center
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Customer satisfaction, call center answered questions regarding healthcare, insurance, dr. visits. Credentialing of dr certifications
structured
Long Standing Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 14, 2018
MPI was a great company for several years. The company I originally worked for was acquired by MultiPlan several years ago. I learned a lot in my years at MultiPlan but training in some areas could improve.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Cons
Lack of Training
Multiplan revivew
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 9, 2018
I liked working at Multiplan. Worked on many projected. Fast pace environment.. Upper Management were great on communication. Learned internal data entry software.
Member of a team that reviewed applications
Data Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 2, 2018
Reviewed and processed applications from healthcare providers. At times reviewed the same application that was submitted several times. Only downside was not being able to call applicants in two states to get information that could easily been gotten in a phone call.
Pros
Work OT
Cons
Pressure to get so many applications done per hour
High Stress job with a very Poor Manager
EDI Analyst II/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2017
I initially liked my first Year and a half there as I was given autonomy to do the work as I saw fit, and completed my projects ahead of time. When I was moved to the core business, my Manager was way too hands on and didn't like being questioned or challenged in any way-which caused problems between us. Manager was a tyrant and I had to speak up, because none else would.
Pros
Interesting work, and lots of it.
Cons
Long frustrating commute, management
Contract position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 14, 2017
I arrived at Muliplan after a time of upheaval. The company was bought out and the restructuring was happening. this caused the work environment to be very stressful. I worked on the Human Resources system, loading the bonus payout and doing reporting and back up for payroll run. Plus trying to combine both the payroll information from the old company to the new. The people there were very nice and hard working. In all I wasn't a bad place to work
Pros
People
Cons
Change in upper management
Bad Management
RECREDENTIALING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 18, 2017
Bad management and a stressful environment. Strange policies passed down in memos and poor communication between management and staff regarding policies.
selfish
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 10, 2017
Started with company when it was PHCS and Multiplan bought the company. Worked in claims department. They did away with an whole department in one day. Also lied off a lot of people who made more than they wanted to pay. Brought in other workers who would make lees to do the jobs we were doing. we earned the money we were making trough hard work but did not matter to them.
Experience
Service Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 23, 2017
Just like any other company, Multiplan has its ups and downs. It was great working there until the management changed. When having someone try to show who's boss is not a healthy environment. All in all, the experience was fine.
Company that led by developing it's employees
Senior HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 17, 2016
In my time there, the organization had a strong sense of employee empowerment and a perpetual engagement in their development. By continuously engaging and developing their employees they continually developed the company and moved it forward.
Quiet days
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MaAugust 24, 2015
Quiet. Nice place to work. Great job culture, and people. Career advancement. learn to run adhoc jobs. Reset User Accounts. Opening Heat Tickets.
Nice place to work with nice people
Service Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company I moved from the Member Services position to provider relations and finally to Service Support within a few months. I will miss the beautiful scenery outside the office windows and the wonderful people I got to work with.
Great place
Credentialing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 18, 2015
Great place to work,the management is nice.There is a shuttle that can pick you and drop you off right in front. They do care about the staff
Pros
lots of raffles, and jean days
Cons
Half hr lunch
"Office Space" in the flesh
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  WalthamMay 3, 2015
If you have ever seen the movie "office space" space then you will know what to expect. Work/life balance is pretty nice here. Depending on your job you will punch out and leave work at work.
Fast pace evironment
Credentialing Coordinator/ Registrar I (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 26, 2015
I would process 7 files an hour pre-screening and researching the information provided by the different providers. I learned how to navigate through many systems to complete one job.
Please see below
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 8, 2014
Multiplan took over Private Healthcare Systems in 2006. Many changes took place that year: lay-offs, department changes and management. Upper management (NY office) did not care about their employees. Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) cared about their employees and the CEO had an open-door policy. PHCS was ranked top of the 50 best companies to work. It all changed when Multiplan (MPI) bought out PHCS.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

A typical day at work was busy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my job duties.
Pros
Early release on Fridays, 401K, health benefits, people
Cons
Bad management and bereavement days were taken away.