Multiplan Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I loved it
customer service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
Multiplan was a great job initially, The management could be worked on but over all the job was laid-back , I enjoyed going to work and would refer the job to others
Benefits
Relaxed work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2018
It being my first time working in a call center, overall was a great experience. I enjoyed getting to know all the people I worked with and sharing the workspace. Starting in a group of 10 people you didn't feel like you were alone in the training process. The management was friendly and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was the time frame in which we had to complete record retrievals and getting the providers to comply. Meeting quotas daily also had its challenges.
Multiplan stringent expectations
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 29, 2018
Great position, but very tough expectations. Almost to the point of being not being able to make them no matter what. Great benefits, great work atmosphere, but very tough expectations.
Place of work and fun
Negotiation Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 26, 2017
Multiplan supports its employees with many activities to help many the work place fun. They have a Christmas party every year with prize give away. They offer summer hours to allow employees to leave work two hours early on Fridays during the summer months. Throughout the rest of the year, employees can work compressed hours allowing them to work the two hours they leave early up during the week. Each team has a quarterly lunch-in to help boost team morale
Pros
Lunch-ins, parties
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
I've enjoyed my tenure to this company and I've learned the cost containment industry as it relates to insurance.
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2017
Typical Day includes; management and distribution of daily claim load, Quality control contact for daily questions as it relates to provider, client and internal inquiries. Elevated customer service calls, handling supervisor inquiries, training and interviewing and cover during absence of manager.

I have learned the cost containment industry as it relates to the successful resolution of claim increase insuring that the provider, client and patient/insured are satisfied. I have learned to handle client, provider and patient complaints, I've learned to supervise multiple personalities in the work place at a high claim volume atmosphere.

Since the company has been purchased several times, the work environment has become more profit oriented vs. employee /client /patient oriented.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers, internal departments, providers, clients and patients. I was the only person to receive a letter of high level of customer service from a patient that was presented to me by the Regional Vice President of the company.
Pros
Good Benefits, Hours, Salary, co-workers and job satisfaction
Cons
Travel time
Support
Customer Service Support (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 30, 2016
I feel that I learned a great deal at MultiPlan. I have learned even more than I did on most of Microsoft, how to best help a provider when in need of assistance.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
So much to learn with little time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 21, 2016
Multiplan was a different experience but a good one a typical work day you would deal with many different clients changing or keeping their insurance the same. My peers were pleasant. The hardest part would have to be not getting fully trained on your assigned client. The enjoyable thing about the job is that it had transportation from and to the train/ bus station.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Not enough training
Fun work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 17, 2015
I learned how to multi-task on a computer and phone. Worked well with other and was a fast learner. Introduced to negotiations and advancement within the company. Worked well with my schedule and personal time off when needed
Customer Service... very busy place of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
Very busy Customer Service department with high call volume. Long hours of sitting with lots of computer activity. Patients, Doctors, Healthcare offices and Insurance Companies were our biggest clients.
Pros
Extended breaks
Cons
Many employees
Not a productive place and management unprofessional
Negotiation Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 21, 2015
The pay is not good you have people that have worked for 10 to 15 years still not at $15 an hour. This company tries to hold people down and everybody still there are small minded people that don't know how to move forward and walk in fear. You have supervisor manipulating people to keep them down so that they can make money.This is not a place for Christians are believers.Run run run, New York - Arlington location is a joke.they promote evildoing and promote whistleblower,if you tell or snitch on someone that's promotion time,even if you don't know the job skills.No class, Not professional,Messy,manipulative, trickery ,scanme, hood,most of all I don't see how the work get done they focus so much on caddy things.I could go on and on,not a good experience at all.Most of the people see the wrong,but to afraid to speak out. Well one of two good things was pto to take off, as well needed,and laughingat the Christmas party every year,they take so much time to plan and spend money for -what a joke and Ghetto Fabolous.
Pros
Leaving Pto
Cons
Pto
Favoritism runs rampant
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 11, 2014
The job was mindless. No matter how hard you worked, unless the manager was a "friend" you were going nowhere. So much favoritism...
Pros
Not many.
Cons
Bad, incompetent management.
Productive and adaptive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 22, 2014
The typical day at work was after reading company emails and updating yourself with new systems or procedures you would provide customer service to callers. Working for this company i learned patience, how to adapt to new procedures, mentoring or taking the lead on certain situations, and the importance of quality/time of work. Management was great with keeping everyone on task and keeping positive work place moral. They also reviewed all the company updates just in case we missed anything in the emails. My coworkers were fun and supportive with great team chemistry. I would say the hardest part of the job was providing customer service to upset or angry callers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of being able to assist customers with difficult issues and resolving them completely.
Pros
company parties and positive relationship with coworkers
Cons
short breaks and difficult call situations
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Specialist and Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 21, 2013
Answered incoming calls and assisted the members. Co-workers were the best and we all worked so well together as a team. Very nice co-workers. Assist with the process of claims being reprocessed or re-printed. Despute resolution.
Pros
Co-Worker Pot lucks and great benefits
Cons
N/a
An enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 14, 2013
Co-workers were very supportive of each other. We make outbound calls to medical providers
I enjoyed the work and being able to provide excellent customer service to our clients.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2013
This company provided very little training for employees to be able to experience a good level of success in the job.
Co-workers seemed to be not happy, most didn't care to provide really good customer service.
The hardest part of the job was to be able to stay positive and provide a high level of customer service with the little training provided.
The most enjoyable part of the job was actually having a job during the slump in the economy.
Pros
great benefits and compensation.
Cons
environment seemed to be a little negative overall.