Multiplan Employee Reviews

Productive and professional team.
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2017
A good organization whom provides stability to its team members. All employees are treated with respect and fairness. Team building environment is strong.
great company
Key Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Great job with good benefits and friendly employees. Great location in west suburbs of chicago. There is room for advancement stable public traded company
Contract position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 14, 2017
I arrived at Muliplan after a time of upheaval. The company was bought out and the restructuring was happening. this caused the work environment to be very stressful. I worked on the Human Resources system, loading the bonus payout and doing reporting and back up for payroll run. Plus trying to combine both the payroll information from the old company to the new. The people there were very nice and hard working. In all I wasn't a bad place to work
Pros
People
Cons
Change in upper management
Downsizing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CASeptember 5, 2017
They were very upfront about downsizing within the company and the reasons why. Good working relationship with other staff inside and outside the team.
Simple, Calm Environment
Information Security & Risk Management Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2017
It is a simple, calm company to work at. Many of the employees are older and everyone comes to do their job and leave. They are starting to branch out and higher a younger crowd.
Great overall company!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 22, 2017
MPI is a great overall company. The benefits are amazing (compensation, PTO, holidays, summer hours, and profit sharing). Ability to work from home over 50% of the time. Senior management has a great grasp on reality, very involved. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Work from Home, profit sharing
Cons
no room for advancement
Bad Management
RECREDENTIALING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 18, 2017
Bad management and a stressful environment. Strange policies passed down in memos and poor communication between management and staff regarding policies.
selfish
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 10, 2017
Started with company when it was PHCS and Multiplan bought the company. Worked in claims department. They did away with an whole department in one day. Also lied off a lot of people who made more than they wanted to pay. Brought in other workers who would make lees to do the jobs we were doing. we earned the money we were making trough hard work but did not matter to them.
stable business, just underpaid for work load given
Claims Resolution Specialist, Negotiation Services (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 6, 2017
the top management needed overhaul, other than that it was a fair job, the immediate supervisors and the regular employees made it tolerable. the bonuses promised sounded better than what was actually given out as well.
Multi-task area
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 26, 2017
Working for Multiplan couldn't get any better, everyday was a new day, new tasks to learn, new work flow, new employees to get to know but everyday was good.
Fun place to work
Research / Resolution Representative II (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 11, 2017
A typicial day is very busy. I learned how to take calls in que under customer service. Management has change to harsh on people with no experience. The culture is ok. The hardest part of the job is dealing with Management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your coworker.
Pros
co workers
Cons
healthcare too expensive
Aweful medium and upper management
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
My work experience is not so outstanding. There was no chance of growth, no scope of thinking out of the box, very irrational lead and management and so as HR. Nothing challenging would have been given in work stretch. Management like yes person.
Pros
Good heal care
Cons
Aweful management
Benefits are awesome
Key Account Representative (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 5, 2017
Summer hours - we get to leave 2 hours early from memorial day to labor day on fridays with pay. Health insurance is great. Opportunity to move up is very limited. Management does not have your back.
Overall good place to work
Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2017
Overall decent place to work. Fair pay and benefits. Fair work/life balance.

Basic communication between middle and upper management needs improvement. No opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Casual, laid back
Cons
Lack of communication and organization
Experience
Service Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 23, 2017
Just like any other company, Multiplan has its ups and downs. It was great working there until the management changed. When having someone try to show who's boss is not a healthy environment. All in all, the experience was fine.
I've enjoyed my tenure to this company and I've learned the cost containment industry as it relates to insurance.
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2017
Typical Day includes; management and distribution of daily claim load, Quality control contact for daily questions as it relates to provider, client and internal inquiries. Elevated customer service calls, handling supervisor inquiries, training and interviewing and cover during absence of manager.

I have learned the cost containment industry as it relates to the successful resolution of claim increase insuring that the provider, client and patient/insured are satisfied. I have learned to handle client, provider and patient complaints, I've learned to supervise multiple personalities in the work place at a high claim volume atmosphere.

Since the company has been purchased several times, the work environment has become more profit oriented vs. employee /client /patient oriented.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers, internal departments, providers, clients and patients. I was the only person to receive a letter of high level of customer service from a patient that was presented to me by the Regional Vice President of the company.
Pros
Good Benefits, Hours, Salary, co-workers and job satisfaction
Cons
Travel time
Advancement
SharePoint Content/Security Admin (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 11, 2017
The culture for advancement is very limited and mostly no room to grow.
However, I TRULY love my job and I love what i do for MultiPlan.Yearly reviews are graded lower to downsize benefits and bonuses.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Management and Political environment
Nice
Mailroom and Copy Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
I went in knowing nothing about the mailroom environment, that was dominated by the male.

I learned so much dealing with the big copy machines.
I was taught by a few and became very advanced.

A regular day for me was to get in at 10am and start with any jobs usually for the owner of the company. he had certain art work that needed to be copied to replicate the art work.
Pros
Everyone was a family
Cons
Changed of Management
Great Place to Work
Director of Application Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here at Multiplan. The people who were on my team were very polite and worked together to meet out deadlines. Had I not been laid off, I would still be working there.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Managers need to develop their employees better
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Typical work day was very busy, never empty handed. I learned most of the office software, mainly excel was what I worked on. Management was extremely helpful, and this was a very fast paced workplace.
Pros
Free snack
Cons
Short breaks.