Multisorb Technologies Employee Reviews

Great company undergoing necessary changes
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 11, 2018
This is an established company that is going through much needed management changes. They are investing in new equipment and we are very busy. Offices and shop floor going through an extreme makeover. Glad to see the 80’s gone!
New managers are doing a good job. Above average wages and bonuses. I like the changes. Don’t listen to the negative nellies that don’t care to work hard. You will work hard but the new culture is exciting.
Pros
Eight hour shifts, lunch and breaks are paid. Terrific benefits.
An honest job for an honest worker
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Typical days at Multisorb Technologies started with gowning up in anti-static lab coats, hair/beard nets, safety shoes, safety goggles and rubber gloves for sanitary purposes before entering the production area. As far as safety regulations were concerned Multisorb Technologies was 2nd to none. Multiple safety audits were performed by various customers and safety organizations on an annual basis to ensure a top notch work environment. The LEAN process began to take shape during my last year of employment where employees were required work in a more efficient manor than ever before running at least 2 machines at all times and often more. A change in ownership and standardized work instructions promoted a less than secure feeling of overall job security. Various locations around the world with the Multisorb name were shut down to consolidate assets. Management was great and my coworkers were fantastic. Benefits were okay but could be better. A satisfactory work experience overall.
Pros
at least 40hrs per week with upwards of 60
Cons
Twice as much work for the same amount of money
Productivity kept management happy and all the overtime kept the emplyees happy!
Lead Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Chickasaw, ALFebruary 16, 2018
I was the lead operator on the third shift. We had a very good camaraderie amongst us at our plant. We produced and manufactured many different types of absorbance, along with producing them. We would also ship them to various parts of the country utilizing forklift. to load containers.This is how I obtain my forklift training. I enjoyed my job tremendously but due economics our plant in the southeast region closed.
Pros
As long as you meet production quota there would be no problems.
Cons
You could not be a second late this could possible lead to termination
Poor Management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Favoritism, lack of communication, poor unfair leadership skills. Very little support in operations. Management threatening and lying to employees. Very unfriendly burned out stressful environment. CEO has a bar in his office. Drinking on the job. Totally unacceptable.
Cons
Poor organization. Poor people skills.
Very stressful and management is poor
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I worked there for several years. In the beginning it was great as long as you didn't have to deal with HR. As the salaried employee talked about the way we were treated, that person treated us hourly people the same. You were no better than the management. You talked to people like garbage, butted into private conversations and you didn't know what you were talking about 3/4 of the time. We aren't workers, we're IMNATES. We bust our behinds on our job and EVERYTHING is being taken away. Our bonuses are cut way down, we didn't get the yearly bonus, but the office staff did. We have more work put on us with this lean program and our pay stayed the same. New hires start making more than the people who have been there several years. You sat on your behind in an office and you got the yearly bonus, so how dare you complain when you treated us like garbage.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Everything else
Terrible company
Salary employee (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJanuary 12, 2018
This company will never appreciate anybodys work. There treat you like garbage and dont care for any employees. They were bought by investment company and will sell in 2 yrs and close the place. Firing people left and right that were there 25-30 yrs because they want their own people in. You are a number and if u dnt get into a click they will let u go without reason. People are forced to sign a waiver to not sue them when they leave for how things are incorrectly run there. Dont apply here there isnt a future at this company. Company is moving to india once it is sold. They cut any incentives for employees and upper management uses that extra money for themselves. People as of right now are looking for new jobs because the job security there is awful.
Pros
Cons
Bad working environment and no job security
good place to work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJanuary 9, 2018
relaxed and secure job, a lot of benefits. good place to advance, and a good place to retire.
i worked overnights, it was very easy and the management was easy going
Pros
benifits
Cons
osha
Used to be an okay place to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 27, 2017
New ownership and president have taken over this company. They insist on using the lean way. Its basically putting more work on the employees, without more compensation. There is also no room for advancement in the company. Seniority means absolutely nothing when applying for job advancement. The only way to get anywhere is to kiss up and lie.
Pros
Health Insurance, Holidays Off, Vacation Time.
Cons
Management, Ownership, No Opportunity For Advancement
Great Place
QUALTIY CONTROL TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYDecember 1, 2017
I worked for Multisorb for over 14 years, starting in Production and ending in Quality. The job was busy enough to keep you moving but never too extreme where you couldn't keep up. Challenging management kept you doing your best work as they always tried to make you better.
Only downfall was the pay and benefits. The pay for the QA position and amount of work did not fit the area standards. The benefits were extremely expensive and was not viable for my family, which caused us to seek outside/cheaper insurance. The 401K match is amazing though.
The people that work there are the real reason to keep going back in. The company never felt too big and everyone was close like family.
Pros
Great people, Decent bonuses
Cons
Low Pay, Expensive Benefits
Lots to learn but not for everyone
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2017
I needed a full time job when I applied to multisorb. I was hired for third shift and quickly realized I could not adapt to that shift. Mt sleep and eating schedule was all messed up and as a result I looked for work elsewhere
productive environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chickasaw, ALOctober 25, 2017
This place was a pretty good work environment, decent pay w/benefits..but unfortunately the company decided they would build and move over seas, and health care actually cost too much..
Cons
Company sold out !!
Fast paced job
Production Operator Level II (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 4, 2017
I am no longer working at Multisorb. A typical day of work consisted of 8 hours of operating machinery and packaging. I was trained and worked with machines I had never ran before and enjoyed the challenge. I worked for 3 1/2 years doing various jobs and also did some training for new new employees. My job could be stressful at times but I felt I gained knowledge and did my jobs to the satisfaction of management. A serious problem was the difference in shift supervision. The shifts were not coordinated as to structure.Each shift was run a different way and this caused a lot of confusion. The hardest part of the job was the shift changes and daily policy changes with no warning or explanation. The most enjoyable part of my job was working on machines that were new to me and sometimes challenging.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
Recently a lot of perks were taken away under new management.
keep looking
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 30, 2017
not the place for a career, non stop turn over, mandatory ot, loud enviroment, favortism and childish drama ever present, little room for advancement low pay
Productive and efficient workplace.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 25, 2017
Load and unload delivery trucks. Produce silicone gel packs for a variety of companies. (automotive, pharmaceutical, grocery store, and department stores).
Harsh unfair environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  325 Harlem RdJune 9, 2017
The management hands out promotions to employees who provide minimal effort based upon how friendly they are with the management staff. Management consistently allows day shift to break policy and expects everyone else to adhere to policy. The company has unrealistic expectations from its employees and refuses to consult any employees about how to improve the work environment.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Management, Expectations, Work Conditions
Laborious and non-flexible with life
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 6, 2017
The company just came under new management and has increased the amount of work for its production workers without increasing pay and removed some benefits. They do not work with you when it comes to things outside of work, even if it's medically related. They mandate overtime and penalize you for basically having a life. And they are big on favoritism and butt-kissing. That's the only way to move up in the company. So if you do decide to work here, you better be able to lie through your teeth and have no opinion.
Pros
benefits, set hours
Cons
laborious, mandatory overtime, non-flexible scheduling, favoritism, not enough pay for production workers
Interesting workplace
Quality Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chickasaw, ALApril 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Multisorb technologies, There was some room for advancement. My supervisor was personable and understanding. The company no longer operates in Mobile, AL.
A decent place to work
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2017
Manufacturing engineers spend most of their time on paperwork and resolving customer complaints. This is a high-paced environment and a lot is expected of the engineer.
Pros
Engineering management is very good
Cons
Lots of paperwork which can bog-down productivity.
Creative and diverse
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2017
It has been a great place of employment. There is not alot of flexibility with work hours. Friendly and helpful team memebers when needing support and assistance.
Used to be a good place to work
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYMarch 29, 2017
Since new management took over they are asking you to work harder and taking perks away. They say they are trying to make the job easier, but I have yet to see it. Be prepared to give up your weekends.
Pros
Great health benefits, hopeful but slow improvements
Cons
Mandatory overtime, no employee appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Multisorb Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9