Munchery Employee Reviews

Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2018
Some of the best films of all time are those whose different strengths all work in concert to create a unified, engrossing whole. The Shining, The Social Network, and Jaws are all excellent examples of films made up of strong individual parts complementing each other to form a fantastic work of art. That is absolutely true of God
Awful
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2017
Truly despicable organization. Facilities were some of the filthiest I've ever seen, especially for a meal service. Management cannot be trusted, and the amount of behind-the-back talk was ridiculous. Do not bother.
Fast paced environment start up culture
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy working with munchery, it's fast passed and co-workers are awesome. At the moment there is not enough hours and no advancement opportunities. It is also not challenging enough.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Not enough hours
Very unique company! Lots to learn. Great career opportunities
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 18, 2017
Outlook is going up. Great team. Awesome coworkers. Fun projects. Really good food. Lots of learning opportunities. New direction has lots of potential.
Pros
Daily lunch, career growth, smart teammates, expanding product line
Cons
None yet. Keep up the new direction!
Laid back
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2017
Pretty laid back environment. Can get very busy at times. It is a nice place to be left alone. Employees are mostly independent, with management normally available when/if needed.
Undergoing changes
Delivery driver/labeler (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2017
This company is in the middle of a re-org. There have been several personnel changes. I am not sure if they are currently hiring. Perhaps for drivers.
It's wartime, not peace time (CEO quote)
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2017
Lots of changes afoot. The new CEO is making drastic cuts, changes in business focus, radical expansion plans. This is do or die time for the company. The workforce is motivated, but slightly by fear rather than shared purpose. Good people. Free food. The work/life balance is pretty good. The usual fire drills. The upper management does work hard at creating a fun atmosphere. More team lunches rather than happy hours, which I think is a good choice. My outlook is positive, but much will depend on forces they can't control, such as consumer adoption.
Fun but not dependable
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMarch 29, 2017
As a student it was easy to work with the driving portion of the Munchery team, sadly management changed up the biggest income besides hourly pay. The tips were divided into areas (a electronical tip jar) and divided into the drivers of certain locations. Not everyone had a even or close amount of deliveries compared to different locations, but we would all get paid the same. Sadly then it was changed from a electronical tip jar to individual per delivery, was great at first until customer's would stop tipping, or you get sent off to someone else's delivery schedule. Also maps aren't reliable when sent off anywhere starting hills. Take's a lot out of you're car, and random spillage of food/odor left. Everyday you would have a new location to deliver to, with unknown routes and not knowing customer's. Some delivery drivers have had customers for years and need certain forms of delivery. Sometimes you can get 3-4 hours pf deliveries, sometimes just 2 hours. Milage I feel it wasn't properly paid out right
Pros
Free meals when left overs
Cons
No real control over a personal driving schedule
Muchery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2017
It was a great part job while I was a full time student. A typical day is Monday - Friday delivering food to customers 5 hours max each day. Great company to work for, but not much room for growth in to other areas of the company.
Pros
Discounted food and monthly food stipen
Cons
Wear and tear on your vehicle is harsh, no place to move up to within the company.
Start-Up
People Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Munchery is a start up company based in San Francisco, CA. It's very hectic environment. The company culture needs a lot of work. More support is needed from the Executive Management team in order to build a positive culture. Employees are not treated well.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Poor Culture
Horrible
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 23, 2017
They perform budget cuts all the time and take away from the workers instead of management, cut hours and expect more for less. They push your buttons and expect the impossible without accounting for exhaustion and other things.
Pros
Free food at the end of the week
Cons
Horrible operations manager
Fun work environment with great clients!
DELIVERY TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 28, 2016
Work and life balance great with this job. Winter time slows down significantly to somewhat of a halt; But other than that, It is a wonderful establishment to work for!
Pros
Discounted meals, Free membership, Milage/Data compensation, Fun clients
Cons
Short schedules, Varying hours per day, Not guaranteed full-time when stated in writing it is full-time
fun work environment
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2016
a typical day at work wold be show up with clean and ready working car for food pick up at set location. Pick up meal by the hours. Come back to base to pick up next hour delivery. and rinse and repeat for 5 hours.
great fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 3, 2016
Munchery kitchen is really good place for work. mangers were very polite with us . they always care about the bikers.if some worker has a kind of issue then manager tried to solve that with very efficient and professional way
Pros
less hours but more money
Cons
no lunch brakes
Great for everyone who needs a fair job.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2016
Keeping it short, Very flexible if need be, Enjoyable during the hardest days, friendly employees and management, overall good cool down to a hard day. will work here again when Ican only work 15 hours a week.
Pros
Lots of Sick hours PTO, Fun and friendly
Cons
no Vacation PTO, 20 hour weeks max.
Munchery
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2016
A typical day starts off at 7am with a walk around the facility making sure everything is in place to start the day. Next, make sure that there have been no callouts and all of our daily deliveries are on schedule followed by our daily stand up meeting to cover our goals for the day and go over what needs to be improved on. Once all that is completed I manage the floor at our main fulfillment center ensuring that our packing line never stops and runs as efficient as possible. That can mean anything from maintaining that there is sufficient inventory for the customers orders, covering employees who need to take their scheduled breaks or being an extra set of capable hands to fill in at any station. Once the packing has ended for the day I will go over all of my ADP adjustments for my team and make sure everyone is punching in and out correctly. Then there is a daily one on one with my Logistics manager to go over how the day played out.
The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with my team on an individually level and helping them through a work related issue and then seeing that individual with proper coaching get their issues resolved and back on the right track.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Budget cuts
Fun and exciting job
Bicycle Courier (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2016
good and easy money for what you are doing. report to work late afternoon and ride your bike throughout the city for a few hours while making an easy buck. be prepared for rain.
Pros
not stuck in an office
Cons
rain, bad drivers
great work place
Delivery person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
I worked there for 1 year and everyone was nice and they treated us with respect. A typical day at work would be 5 hours a day. I learned about the company and the background the hardest part of the job was delivering food in bad weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the costumers and making them happy.
Great place with wonderful clientele
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2015
Job relies on other employees more so than drivers. Any mistake made, is usually made before we are given the delivery. It's a great job if you are empathetic, but if you're sympathetic (as I am), you can ruin your day if a customer is unsatisfied due to an order being late.
Pros
free monthly food credit, discounts
Get to drive all over town, meet new people, deliver food.
Food Courier (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 11, 2013
Pretty stable job, pretty chill environment for the most part.
As long as requests for days off are placed a week in advanced they are respected. However, must be predominantly available for every weeknight excluding weekends.
Co-workers are pretty cool.
Hardest part of the job: driving in traffic with a high volume of deliveries to be made.
Most enjoyable: free food at times, get to meet new people.
Excellent part time job if searching for supplemental income.
Pros
Free food, $25 off monthly to order from site, guaranteed work every weekday, work phone provided, awesome tippers
Cons
Fluctuating work hours