Munchkin Inc Employee Reviews

Toxic Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 31, 2019
It was like a scary movie working at this place. You never knew day to day what was going to happen to you. You don't know who to trust and what to say to who or not to say. You are always looking over your shoulder and wondering how you would get stabbed in the back next. You would never think you were working for a family owned baby and pet company. I would not recommend.
Pros
free soda and popcorn
Cons
management is crazy
Productive and fun place with basketball court
Public Relations and Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 8, 2018
A typical day at work consists of every employee coming into the office determined and motivated. Every worker has their goals they intend to reach for that day or week. The management is encouraging and are great role models. The culture is positive and welcoming and I'm glad to have the opportunity to work with such a great team/company.
Very competative and team working is very important
Packaging/ inventory (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 3, 2018
In order to get to like this job you must like working at fast paste and havd to know how to communicate with others, with out a great team we cant get the job done.
Pros
Free food every fri
Cons
Short breaks but fun
I do not recommend
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Redlands caMarch 19, 2018
When i first applied to munchkin it was threw the company website. Then they sent me to lyneer staffing. I was threw an agency. I worked there 2 days an i thought every thing was okay. Monday came an i got a terrible stomach flu. I called them early let them know i was ver sick an i really was. They ended my assignment. Just like that a snap of the fingers. I would never recommend a company like this to any one. A company that can just let you go that fast. An then when your genuinely sick. Smh they were a complete let down.
Pros
Theres none
Cons
Poor managment
Productive and Great environment to work
Consumer Relations/Administrative Consumer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day is answer calls from the consumer's, learned programs and learning how to deal with each consumer personality.

Management was great.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was working with colleague and working on team projects for the company and department.
Pros
Free Lunches, Weekly snacks to employees
Cons
Not always keeping employees or team members in the loop of things.
Learned alot
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 25, 2017
This company is very fun open an supportive I worked the company a short period of time when I first got there I didn't quite understand what I was doing but once I was trained it was like breathing every second of the day
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Too hot
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 5, 2017
I loved working for Munchkin. I found that the offices were very beautifully decorated. Great perks for employees. Great baby products. Nice employees. Nice Managers.
productive and fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 20, 2017
You come in get yourself ready and begin doing your job.
If you have any questions you can ask your Manager (for me my mgr is a great person to explain and understand you).

I get trained on everything regarding my position and if I need permission for certain folders its given right away in order for myself to get the job done.

The environment is great very nice people.
The most amazing place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CANovember 11, 2015
Under the Munchkin umbrella were also two pet companies. Everything was in-house except for manufacturing. Management was strict, but with a definite family feel. I loved working there.
Pros
Benefits and bonuses!
Cons
Work spaces were tiny and not very functional.
very stressful environment,under paid, no consideration, under staff
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 6, 2015
show up to work, punch in get yelled at for over temp budget(that is out of your control) answering emails, phone calls dealing with corporate. What I have learned in Munchkin is various roles from order pulling to shipping and receiving management. the coworkers are great and helpful. the hardest part of the job was dealing with management.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses
Cons
short breaks, under appeciateded, over demanding, under paid