MUNCIE POWER PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work
Drafter / Designer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2018
I kick myself every day for leaving Muncie. Management was top notch, co-workers were (mostly) very competent, great company culture, and very fulfilling work. I only left to relocate to my home state for a job that payed a lot more. Too bad I got laid off shortly after that.
Great company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 11, 2017
Very nice company to work for but in the infrastructure department it was just me and my boss the department required with the metric I did would need at least 3 more people to meet their hi and fast paced demand
Stable, but that's it.
Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2017
Muncie says a lot of things, but rarely follows through with them. Much lip service is paid towards "improving people" but the company is where you go when you are only looking for a stable job that will never change. If you want to advance, look elsewhere.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Stale, No room for advancement, dead-end job
Terrible shop with horrible working conditions!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2017
Mandatory overtime. You WILL be working 10 or 12 hour shifts, often 6 days a week. Managers micromanage EVERYTHING. They treat employees like dirt with absolutely NO possibility for advancement. They will make you feel like a slave.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Don't waste your time with Muncie!
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 9, 2017
I worked at muncie for 3 years. I've never seen so many people quit or get fired in such a short period of time. If you do not wear a tie, you do not matter. Management are just a bunch of snakes. HR is for the company, not the employee. I could go on and on about how crooked management is. The drama at Muncie is ridiculous, it's as bad as high school at times. The work itself is not bad. You're work schedule changes constantly, so dont plan anything outside of work, unless its on a Sunday. They like to tell you to come in Saturday as you're walking out the door on friday.
Pros
Got good exercise and meet alot of intersting people.
Cons
MANAGEMENT! 10 min breaks. Little to no chance for advancement.
Repetitive
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 1, 2017
Muncie, has all the criteria to be great, they are tearing down the boundaries, and are moving more towards a Matrix type Organization. They are doing more and more cross training, and giving their employees more input providing more ownership.
Pros
cross training
Cons
no tuition reimbursement
Great team work
Miscellaneous Cell Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2016
I liked my job. I had great co-workers and good supervisors. The company took good care of their employees and provided a safe and friendly atmosphere.
Corey
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2016
Gave me a lot more experience then i had before i started. My co-workers were very helpful and kind i also had a great experience working there.
Pros
yes free lunchs
Cons
2 15 min breaks
Great company to work for
Administrative Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 13, 2016
I began work at Muncie Power Products in an entry level position and worked my way up to a Supervisor. Muncie Power Products gives its employees the opportunity to grow and move up in the company, if the employee desires to do so.
Great shop with good managers
Cnc Horizontal Mill Machinist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2015
Great shop with very helpful and experienced management, Very open and safe work conditions and great opportunities available for good employees.
Stability and longevity
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 19, 2015
I love the people at Muncie Power and will miss them. I am looking for a job that will be a challenge and be supportive. I view myself as a stress junkie. The more stress the better. I enjoy new and exciting projects. I am an outside the box thinker. Any type of training or schooling is welcome.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Silo mentalities, Miscommunication or no communication
fun place to work
product manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa,okAugust 30, 2015
Its a great place to work I like the benefits of working with great people. I really don't have anything else to say about it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Laid back work place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2015
Pretty laid back work place. They were pretty flexible with hours and personal things. They expected a lot in work load.
Ok job.Got promoted
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2015
Was hired as shipping and receiving clerk.I learned more about hydrulic pumps and power take offs.Then was promoted to assembly section.
Review
Lead Drafter II / Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2014
• Solidworks 2013 and utilizing PDM for data management
• 3D Modeling of parts and Assembly’s and 2D Drawings of parts and Assembly’s
• Create, Revise or change 3D models of parts or assembly’s.
• Geometric Tolerances, Surface finishing’s, Dimensions, Detail views, and Section views created from 3D models.
• Rapid Prototyping / 3D printer
• ERN/ECN and B.O.M’s
Chaotic, not open to improvement
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 29, 2014
A very stressful work day. Management does not handle issues and is not open to suggestions to improve the work process. Coworkers do not get along at all and it makes for a hostile work environment.
Cons
poor managment, drama, low pay
Long time successful manufacturing company that gave me an opportunity to work in a professional atmosphere.
Advertising Prod. Spvr. - Sr. Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 28, 2013
I enjoyed almost 7 years at this company in the same department. I was trusted with handling much of the departmental work and improved the quality and quantity of the output. Gradually added new responsibilities and was asked to supervise department after the departure of previous supervisor. I had never been a supervisor before and was not groomed for the position before being promoted. Consequently, I used the opportunity to mold the department using my own ideas. I worked with a young man just out of college and enjoyed what little collaboration we had.

Never had anyone with more knowledge of our department than I did. This made it difficult to be able to learn the ropes of management. This was my first opportunity ever to be in a supervisory role. I regret not having someone who had the experience that I could learn from.

The hardest part of this job was tracking so many necessary but underwhelimg tasks that I often felt that I did not have the time to give to my creative work.

The best part of my job was creating something that people were appreciative of and excited for. Presenting a finished project that receives very positive feedback is very rewarding.
Pros
Industry leader, good employees, community supporter
Cons
Inexperience at upper level management, Deficiency in personnel required to properly maintain business pace.
good company for young engineers
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  tulsa okDecember 30, 2012
automotive aftermarket company for pto's and hydraulic pumps.
Very fast-paced job
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 13, 2012
I would bill everything that was shipped out that day.
I learned billing at this particular employer.
Management was a little shady.
My co-workers were fantastic and very eager to help.
Learning all the different task, training was lacking.
I enjoyed the billing.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
lack of training