Munich Reinsurance America Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive work place.
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 3, 2018
A busy work schedule, high pressure to meet dead lines during quarter ends.
Wonderful employee benefits.
Learned to multitask successfully.
A highly professional environment.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
excessive workload
Great company atmosphere
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 2, 2018
Company culture is great. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. The company really cares about their employees and has great programs to further your knowledge.
Great company with strong direction
Internal Auditor Senior (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Excellent company that is innovative and proactively changing to meet the future. Good campus life, central location and generally good working atmosphere & culture. Changes in benefits going forward may make some older employees take retirement.
Pros
Great pay, OK benefits
Cons
Intrusion of German culture where not needed or appropriate
OK company if you're not looking to advance.
Underwriting Analyst - Specialty Markets (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 1, 2017
Company lacks advancement opportunities especially for their underwriting analysts. Currently they recruit college graduates and put them through the actuarial/underwriting training programs. Future underwriting positions are reserved for them as well.
solid
Senior Statistician (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 15, 2017
I had a solid overall experience for 3 years; leaving for better financial opportunity. My wife was pregnant with our second child, and the offer was too good to pass up at the time.
Great benefits, but lacks advancement opportunities.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 2, 2016
I worked really hard for this company for 16 years. Even pursued my degree with the hope that it would open doors for advancement opportunities, which was never the case. I was able to advance to various positions within the company, but could never get to underwriting. Underwriting positions are now being reserved for young college recruits. This is currently a great company to work for if you're a young college recruit.
Great place to work!
Intern, Underwriting Services (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 17, 2014
Perfect place to advance as a reinsurance underwriter/actuary with a truly global perspective.
Broad experience and always involved in various tasks to meet departmental need.
System Administrator/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed my position at Munich Re as I was always asked to perform various tasks to meet departmental needs. I was involved
in all aspects of the department's workload including training other underwriting assistants and managing the company's internet based submission system.
Pros
Great benefits and loyalty.
Great place to work. Great people to work with!
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 3, 2013
I went to Munich Re from another company and was totally floored. The location is great; the people I worked with were phenomenal; it was better than where I came from. I really loved working there. The holiday party is unbelievable; the free barbecues are terrific; the company store has almost everything you could ask for; it's an amazing place to work. I was extremely unhappy when I left and I was there for 12 years.
Pros
Amazing holiday party, free barbecues, company store, dry cleaning service, gorgeous building and grounds, so many pros
Cons
None I can think of
Great Company to work for!
Administrative Assistant, Facilities  (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 12, 2013
Many different opportunities to learn different facets of the Reinsurance business as well as any involved in a home office setting for a large company. This is a company that is willing to help its employees learn by offering many opportunities in training and personal growth through programs offered.

Want to know more about Munich Reinsurance America?

Ask a question
An excellent place to work.
Software Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 29, 2013
An employee centric company where everyone gets along. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a task on time and being recognized for your efforts.
Pros
Work hours