Municipal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Time well spent
Sr. Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2019
Good company to work for, company encourage productivity and put lots of emphasise on training, innovations and they preferred to promotes from within, but I am retired now from that company
it was ok
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2019
i have know complaints about mcu. I worked there a long time ago and can not account for the current work environment. it was very good entry level work experience.
Fair workplace if you can deal with catty and petty women
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2019
MCU is fairly an okay establishment to work for, and as the new CEO entered into the company drastic changes have been implemented so the work environment have changed
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
Management sucks, professionalism lacked
Fine
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYDecember 26, 2018
It an OK place to work. Very fast paced environment. No real overtime can be acquired. They dont pay you for lunch so you're there you for 9 hours and you really leave on time because it's based when the last client is there (if your closing) or when youre finished with the client in front of you.
run!
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2018
Older work environment.
Totally stressful from the beginning.
Sabotage, unhealthy, and selective.

It was toxic for me. Good luck.

The interview was setup as not to show you what it's really like working there. The training cannot prepare your for your co-workers!
Pros
Cons
The culture
great benefits, poor pay and management
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
no room for advancement and management sucked. they have the excuse that you have to have your degree to move up and you still don't get recognized. management has favorites and will acknowledge who they like but if your not one that goes into the office to tell on someone your not looked at for any advancement. the benefits are great but the salary is way to low.
benefits
Cons
compensation
High stress
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 29, 2018
Employees are under paid and over worked. High stress level and no upper management support. Very difficult clientele with little to no support. Short staffing is a serious issue.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary
An excellent work environment
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
At the MCU I experienced adequate professionalism. The management offered effective leadership, competitive pay, health and dental benefits, opportunity for growth, not to mention the yearly fun activities.
Pros
Many work locations
The salary is low and if your in the union there is rarely a chance for advancement. For the most part only managers got promoted, no room for growth
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
The credit union has great benefits but no room to grow. Managers promoted managers and union workers were left with only their yearly raise which was like 50 cents more usually.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
salary was very low and no room for growth.
fair company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
My experience was good at MCU, they did a lot for their employee. Great employee appreciation rewards. Advancement is based on who you know. great pension and retirement plans and reasonable health insurance. My manager was great, very accommodating. I learned the in and out of banking.
Pros
good work environment, great benefits
Cons
should have higher salaries
It’s only a job
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 12, 2018
When i was hired i was excited to be apart of the MCU team but after two weeks all i could ask myself is why did i accept this job. This place has the most unprofessional managers from being late EVERYDAY, eating at their desks, being extremely rude to members and staff. The only way to grow in this company is by kissing someone’s behind. Once management “doesn’t like you” they pick on you and try to make your days longer than what they should be! If management would be retrained or held accountable for the things they do MCU would be a better place to work!
Pros
Consistent check
Cons
Ghetto members, horrible managers, and the pay isn’t enough for what you deal with
No professionalism
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2018
There wasn't a culture to follow. Very unorganized. I was a Supervisor and worked at least 10-12 hours a day with no over time. I didn't find any managers that were college graduates. Favoritism seems to be the norm. No room for advancement and the training had nothing to do with the actual job itself. Make this job a stepping stone not a career.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
long hours, no advancement even for college graduates, favoritism
Nice and welcoming environment
Internal Audit Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
I work in an office based environment where I come and clock in and get to work on projects that have deadlines approaching. I communicate with my coworkers if I need assistance, guidance and I consult my supervisors for advice. It's a friendly working environment and a quiet one.
No upward mobility. Management overworks the bank tellers and there is no appreciation for the bank tellers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 13, 2018
I have not only work at MCU, but I also patronize the company too. I have noticed that the managers does not promote within the branch. There are plenty of potential workers including myself that worked very hard and they give away positions to outside people who applies. Although there's nothing wrong with that, I feel management should give the workers within the branch an opportunity to grows within the company.
Union Environment
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
This was my first time working in a Union environment and I found it to be very challenging. My immediate superior would rarely address and transgressions either because it would develop into a union issue or the staff member in question was someone he felt did not warrant any type of conversations bringing their issue to the forefront.
This became a difficult atmosphere to work in not knowing who would be a candidate for disciplinary action and who wasn't.\
Other than this MCUs a very good company to work for. As a rule employees are treated and paid fairly. The benefits are excellent and the pension plan is welcomed as it is a rarity in todays corporate world
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
see above
Mcu
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2018
The hours are amazing. They give you 2 week vacation. The longer you have there, the more vacation you have. you get compensated every three years as long as you don't have any write ups or too many absences.
Pros
everything is amazing, great famly
Cons
nothing sucks
Its a job
Teller Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2018
minimal stepping stone. don't make it long term. Unqualified management. you don't get paid for your degree that they prefer. unprofessional and uneducated management. if your liked you'll get promoted.
Pros
its a job
Cons
unprofesional, stressful no work life balance
school coop position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2018
I got this job through my high school. I would work one week and go to school one week. I was a good experience for me and it gave me insight on what work like was .
Stressful!!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2018
The branch I worked at was a very,very busy branch. It was quite a stressful job and I felt as though management did not care about you as a human. Especially when a rude member ask for a manager and when you go to them they asking a whole bunch of questions, like why can't you solve the member's issue yourself and then they take their time to assist the member. Management was just unprofessional at that branch. If you try to help the members and it's not what they wan't or need they ask for a manger when they can't have it their way.
Pros
discounts, free breakfast, free turkeys and pies during Thanksgiving
Cons
pay
Unhappy work environment
Operations Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
No peace, stressful, there was always chaos and confusion. Management was always bias. Generally the hardest part of the job was dealing with the management.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management Practices