Munson Healthcare Employee Reviews

Collaborative and Informal Work Environment
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 11, 2018
Focus is on people and patients.
Not a lot of formal barriers to overcome, though progress can be slow. Dedicated work force.
A typical work day is hectic and chaotic. Not a lot of advanced notice of what needs to get accomplished.
Munson
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work. My coworkers were excellent, and very intelligent. I had a phenomenal boss. The rehab department was incredibly supportive of myself, and everyone around them.
Very Disorganized
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 27, 2018
Management is disorganized, and underdeveloped. Staff members are held at double standards. Hard workers get to do double or triple schedules and lazy workers thrive without getting reprimanded.
Pros
pay
Warm and caring Providers at this facility
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlevoix, MIJune 24, 2018
I have been blessed to work with some amazing co-workers and providers. I would send all friends and family here and never be worried about their care. Great place to work and be treated at.
Pros
Discounts at gift shops, small town feel
Cons
Some days you're so busy and can't take breaks
It’s a job
RN PCU (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIJune 6, 2018
The culture is jaded. Night shift workers tend to be neglected and evaluations are based of theoretical job performance instead of actual
Work performed.
I wouldn't wish Munson on my worst enemy
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 5, 2018
I truly feel this is the worst health care system I know of. The mission of the patient care and below is followed, once you start looking and speaking with the truly upper management you will quickly realize they are horrible people.
Great place to work!
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 4, 2018
Great place to work, only complaint is pay. Work loads are nice, staffing is good, respiratory protocols are very well put together. Would recommend, for people to work at Munson, if pay was not a priority.
Pros
Great work enviroment!
Cons
Low pay!
Good.
Logistics and Security (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 4, 2018
Excellent working experience. Would recommend this employer. The best part of the job was the variety of tasks. The hardest part was making sure that all my floors were sufficiently stocked and organized.
Munson is a great place to work. They are caring and compassionate people. I was with them for over 11 years. The only reason I quit this job is to
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 1, 2018
Munson is a great place to work. They are caring and compassionate people I was employed with Munson for over 11 years. The only reason I quit this job is to pursue travel nursing. It is a very fast paced place to work and they have very dedicated employees that work hard for patients and staff. The management in my department were the best managers in the hospital. I was very lucky to start my nursing career with them.
Workers have no rights and nowhere to turn
Former worker (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 26, 2018
The new management that seems to come into munson on a daily basis doesn't know how to treat people. The hypocrisy and back stabbing is way out of control, and if any person is being treated unfairly, there's nowhere for them to go, and HR does nothing to create any kind of balance within the hospital. The nurses there were so fed up with how they were being treated, that they finally voted in a union. That in and of itself may not seem like much, but in a non-union town and the hospital running a smear campaign against it just goes to show how bad things had gotten there. They've almost created a monopoly in northern Michigan, so they pay their nurses way below average aw well, which may be why the turn over rate is so high.
productive and interesting
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 25, 2018
A typical work day was Stressful
I learn a lot about the anatomy of the Human Body
Management was very poor unfortunately, and the smells were sometimes hard to stomach.
The most enjoyable part was watching all the different types of surgeries.
This was such and amazing opportunity and I learned more than I ever have in any job and was not happy to leave.
Pros
the experience
Cons
management
Excellent company to work for.
per diem RN (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 10, 2018
Munson Home Care has excellent supervisors and managers. They are concerned not only about your work performance but also your personal life. Excellent working environment and coworkers.
Pros
Great company, good benefits. Beautiful location in northern Michigan.
Cons
Pay is lower than average in larger areas, Difficult to maintain balance between personal and work life especially in case management role, this is typical of home care in general.
Great Patients
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIMay 9, 2018
I worked with great physicians that I learned a lot from and the experience was phenomenal. This company switched hands several times and they were more concerned about the dollar than the patients and that is not why I went into healthcare. Very busy office and seen about 50 patients a day
Pros
Terrible Management
Cons
Loved the work and the patients
Has grown too big..employees are just a number
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 8, 2018
Loved my co-workers but many are unhappy as no real contact with management. Processes are very slow to integrate. Employee injuries are high. Stress and negativity are common place.
Health care
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 8, 2018
Overall an ok place to work, I would like to do phlebotomy there again given the chance. It was an interesting experience that i will not soon forget.
Hard working group of people, making work fun
Nursing Assistant, Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 1, 2018
I love my job and hard working co-workers, loved the fast paced working environment. not paid enough for the work put in. I would work here again in a heart beat.
Good Staff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Traverse CityApril 27, 2018
Staff are great to work with
The people you meet and greet ate happy to be assisted. The pace is quick. Each day is different. The great feeling at the end of the day is rewarding.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Never know whats going to happen
great benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSApril 23, 2018
this company has great benefits but lots of unfair practices like favoritism ( do not hold everyone to same standards). but would work for this company in a heartbeat.
Great place to work, and great oppertunities
Nursinq Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 21, 2018
It was a great place to work, but I did wish that my manager kept true to her word when she promised me a midnight position so I could go back to school.
again so unprofessional to ask this
Patient Assess Representative (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIApril 16, 2018
I am very disappointed in this question about a past employer, I think that this is something that should not be done like this. I do not think this is the place to have a review done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Munson Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight