Munson Healthcare Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 22, 2018
All employees are willing to stop what they are doing to help out even though they have many things to do and not the time to do it. People actually listen to you and are not afraid to tell the truth and who it actually is.
Nice
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boyne City, MIOctober 15, 2018
Nice place to work. Typical day is paperwork, vitals, blood draws, EKGs, putting in orders, EMR charting, medication reconciliation, making appt, administrative duties.
Good learning environment
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 15, 2018
Very dedicated to personal development in the job; continued learning and growth. Most enjoyable part is patient interaction and satisfaction as well as collaboration with co-workers .
It was a really nice place to work at the soldiers were nice the doctors dentist office the vet clinic it was all really nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSOctober 12, 2018
It was a very nice place to work very strict because of his whole bunch of soldiers he had to say yes ma'am no ma'am, the cleaning and dusting was not so bad
Pros
The money
Cons
Great Company to work for!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIOctober 7, 2018
Great team atmosphere. Munson is always looking for better ways to make Munson a great place to work. Great communication between all staff and coworkers.
Munson
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Traverse CitySeptember 20, 2018
Read the Pros and Cons. I have had some amazing experiences, and some terrible ones. But all in all its made me a stronger more able person. I do think my experience could be better if I was able to work with another aide who understands my position and duties.
As an aide I do what my nurses ask of me. Depending on what floor you work on and the severity of the patients condition the managers can be very hard on you. Being in a lower paid position at Munson can be a challange socially when, for example, you only work with nurses and you're the only aide. I find, with this job, it is oriented around rank.
Pros
Great for starting a career in the medical field.
Cons
Ranking, social culture with higher educated employees is tough.
It's a decent place to work for the area
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 16, 2018
There aren't many jobs in this area that aren't hospitality like hotels or restaurants so this is about as good as you can get. Take it or leave it. Munson knows it and they take advantage of it. The people who work for Munson are fantastic because that is just who they are and they treat patients very well because that is who they are and that is why Munson has such a great reputation. Senior leadership gets a bad reputation because they fail to recognize that nor treat these great employees with the pay and the perks they deserve. So working for Munson is bittersweet for everyone. They love their co-workers but hate the Senior leadership that they have to kiss up to in order to keep their jobs and to keep Munson thriving so they can continue to be prosperous because they love their job and the people they work with.
Pros
dental, vision, medical, retirement, disability
Cons
overworked, low pay, lack of/insincere appreciation, bad senior leadership
I loved it here.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 12, 2018
At the start of every shift, you meet up with all of your fellow employees for your shift and hear the game plan for that day. Your team leads tell you about any upcoming events, hand out rewards to employees, and discuss any changes that might happen to any schedules that day. You're never uninformed or blindsided, which it turns out, is a lot better than most places I've worked before.

Management shuffles around occasionally, but almost all the managers and team leads I've worked with really try hard to keep us happy and moving. Workplace culture usually consists of new employees joining the team and getting ground down into complacency instead of enthusiasm by the older employees who mostly complain to anyone who will listen. When you can find a group of employees you get along with you'll always have a place to de-stress during breaks.

The most difficult days involve a bunch of patients leaving the hospital, leading to a large amount of work devoted just to sanitizing and prepping their old rooms for new admissions to the hospital. Sometimes you can get blindsided and fall behind, but one of main reasons to work at a hospital is being ready to help people. Your leads can almost always find someone who's willing to help you, and I'm sure it'll make your day to see the sigh of relief on your coworker's face when you come up to help them eventually.

Honestly, the best part of Munson is the cafeteria. Most actual meals have a bit too much seasoning for my taste, but the ability to mix, match, alter, customize, and even switch up your diet everyday without having to
  more... plan it out yourself is great. There's always a happy and fun moment in the cafeteria. Plus, it's surprisingly quiet for how many people are talking in it. Must've been a lot of planning put into dampening noise.  less
Pros
Employee rewards for good work, cheap good food, responsive leadership, tons of benefits, rewarding and challenging work, surplus of cardboard boxes if you ever need them
Cons
Some days can knock you out, strict rules and policies, building is a giant maze
Terrible Job
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Reed City, MISeptember 7, 2018
This job had me going 120 miles a day in travel. They did not care about me only cared what I did to get to work even if myself and my kids were sick or in an emergency situation they would not take you were ever going to miss for an answer they will call and call you and harass you til you go to work! They give you the worst clients and you will be stuck at work all the time!
Cons
Fast-paced environment with dedicated staff
Unit Clerk/Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 31, 2018
Working on the Observation Unit was a great experience, and a job that I absolutely adored. It had it's downsides of course, but they were strongly and easily outweighed by all the good. I believe that the Unit I worked for really made my experience at Munson a truly great one.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short training

Want to know more about Munson Healthcare?

Ask a question
Review of my previous job at Munson
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIAugust 30, 2018
I was employed at Munson as a physical therapist for 20+ years and I found the job both challenging and rewarding. As the documentation formats and requirements evolved I received valuable mentorship from management in meeting new criteria. A typical day at work was climbing into my car and heading to appointments, receiving messages from the office as needed, documentation of visits and calls and correspondence with staff and medical personnel. The hardest part of my job was leaving a patient that hasn't met their personal goals but has met their maximum potential for benefit of PT services. I feel I have gained knowledge in both my profession and in personal growth working with my co-workers and especially with my patients and their families. I've learned from them about personal courage, family support and sacrifice; and most of all about the power of hope and faith.
Pros
Autonomy in care to patients
Cons
n/a
Good Company to work for
Practice Manager/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlevoix, MIAugust 28, 2018
The clinics associated with Munson Healthcare have top notch providers that are caring and provide exceptional service. I would refer any family and/or friends to this facility without hesitation.
Fun Workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 20, 2018
As stated in the pro's, being a patient transporter allowed for me to meet a lot of people in every department of the hospital along with familiarizing myself with other departments work flow/habits. You personally would need to reach out to other workers/managers on different departments and then transfer to them in order to advance your career as transport doesn't promote you into anything more. The managers for me were very flexible and very understanding. Lots of nice people and a great foot in the door.
Pros
Personal advancements and meetings (see review)
Cons
Work advancements/ limited skillset
Frontline staff are great, administration is unsupportive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 8, 2018
I have worked at Munson as an RN for almost 5 years. We unionized last year, after years of concerns regarding safety and work conditions falling on deaf ears. Units have often not had adequate staff to care for the high acuity, because administration slashed staffing matrices to increase the bottom line. The hospital is highly profitable, but money is directed towards administrative salaries and aquistion of new hospitals, rather than towards safe equipment or paying their employees a living wage. The nurses there provide excellent care, and make a great team, and hopefully now we will be able to successfully advocate for ourselves and our patients.
Special Procedures Tech I (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIAugust 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. The health insurance is ok but could be better. The dental and vision insurance is great!! The envoirnment is great and friendly.
Munson Work Day
Clinical Informaticist (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 16, 2018
As a Clinical Informaticist in an ever changing computer world; every day there are surprises and quick changes to adjust to and stabilize for clinicians.
Collaborative and Informal Work Environment
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 11, 2018
Focus is on people and patients.
Not a lot of formal barriers to overcome, though progress can be slow. Dedicated work force.
A typical work day is hectic and chaotic. Not a lot of advanced notice of what needs to get accomplished.
Munson
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work. My coworkers were excellent, and very intelligent. I had a phenomenal boss. The rehab department was incredibly supportive of myself, and everyone around them.
Very Disorganized
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 27, 2018
Management is disorganized, and underdeveloped. Staff members are held at double standards. Hard workers get to do double or triple schedules and lazy workers thrive without getting reprimanded.
Pros
pay
Warm and caring Providers at this facility
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlevoix, MIJune 24, 2018
I have been blessed to work with some amazing co-workers and providers. I would send all friends and family here and never be worried about their care. Great place to work and be treated at.
Pros
Discounts at gift shops, small town feel
Cons
Some days you're so busy and can't take breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Munson Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight