Munson Healthcare Employee Reviews

Has grown too big..employees are just a number
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 8, 2018
Loved my co-workers but many are unhappy as no real contact with management. Processes are very slow to integrate. Employee injuries are high. Stress and negativity are common place.
Health care
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 8, 2018
Overall an ok place to work, I would like to do phlebotomy there again given the chance. It was an interesting experience that i will not soon forget.
Hard working group of people, making work fun
Nursing Assistant, Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 1, 2018
I love my job and hard working co-workers, loved the fast paced working environment. not paid enough for the work put in. I would work here again in a heart beat.
Great Coworkers, Awful Everywhere Else
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 11, 2018
Munson Healthcare doesn't care about their employees. The entire company has a mindset that anyone and everyone is replaceable. The budget is ridiculous and everyone is understaffed. The benefits are a joke, administration is a mess, HR is completely disorganizatized and acts like you're wasting their time (with one of the generalists being down right argumentative and rude!) The nursing staff is so kind and wonderful but the powers that be are ruining what used to be a pillar in the community. Admin and HR need a total overhaul.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Terrible benefits, compete disorganization, poor leadership
Amazing learnung opportunity
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 10, 2018
Every job has its downs the only problem ive ever had here was trying to 'fit in' with the night crew. However...once I was on days it was an amazing experience. The day nurses taught and guided me. They were teachers as well as supervisors. Ive made a few mistakes and instead of blaming me and tossing me out to the boss they helped me realize my mistake and how to avoid it. I never wanted to become a nurse until I worked on C-2
Seriously, the best nurses your ever want to care for your family amd work for for years!
Low pay, marginal benefits
Central Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Traverse CityApril 3, 2018
Employees are penalized for staying home if Ill without a doctor's note. My $14 an hour pay can't cover my $40 copay so I must work while sick, not good for patients or coworkers. Lower management tries hard but are limited by administrative policies geared towards cutting costs wherever they can. Not a good choice for primary employment.
Pros
Paid time off you can't use due to tight staffing
Cons
Wage not sufficient for sole employment
Great place to work with many benefits
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMarch 31, 2018
Munson is a great place to work.place.They treat each employee with respect and makes them a part of the team... The employees can discuss things with the people in charge and its not discussed with others.
great place to work
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 29, 2018
Best job I ever have had, I have worked there for almost 20 years. Only applying for other jobs now due to advanced degree I am receiving. Family ,environment makes it a great place to work.
Underpaid and overworked
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 19, 2018
Munson very much underpays their employees. They overwork people too. I have been called off multiple times after I have already drove in to work. Does not feel like munson cares about their employees.
Attitude depends on the Floor/Department
EVS Tech II (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 9, 2018
Some of the floors and departments are great. Others are not. Overall a good place to work. Love to work with all of the patients. Benefits are fantastic.
Good starting point
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 5, 2018
Good place to start your career. It was a great environment for the most part. The people were what made it great. Training was a bit lacking, but the staff was very helpful to get me up to speed.
very busy at times
Unit Clerk-OR (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 28, 2018
fast paced, the job itself was very full filling but a lot of politics and sometimes people in charge who did not know what they were doing, I do not feel patient care was the priority sometimes
A great place to work
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 26, 2018
I worked for one of the best group of nurses I have ever met. So professional and positive. They helped pay for some of my classes and I learned a lot from both working and volunteering there.
Pros
Benefits, culture, managment
Last resort job!
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 14, 2018
Avoid if possible! This should be your last resort. Salary is atrocious and offensive. The culture is two-faced and completely fake. Everyone is very unprofessional.
Great place to work with friendly co wirkers that are more like family
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIFebruary 9, 2018
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and great hospitalists that listen to nursing staff. Managers are easy to work with and are professional and knowledgeable.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Can be very busy and have to be flexible in working anywhere in the hospital
Work began to interfere with school and my life
MEAL SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for Munson Medical Center but decided to quit as it was becoming overwhelming in addition to my school work. Many people were either quitting or calling in, so often we were short handed making the work environment negative and stressful.
Pros
Active
Cons
short handed and interfering with school
not employee friendly
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 31, 2018
The management has little interest in retaining good employees vs using a schedule and vacation time that would benefit both the company and employee. They are more concerned about the bottom line and their rating than their employees
This job was great for getting my foot in the door, starting my career.
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 26, 2018
I started working at Munson the Summer prior to my Senior year of College. At that point I had narrowed my major to Clinical Exercise Science, and the chance to work in a Cardiac Diagnostic department was too good to pass up. The other employees there were great, the management was great, and this job gave me great experience with EKG material, Holter monitors, and a great start in clinical stress testing.
Pros
Experience, job culture, management, connections
Cons
pay
Far too large to feel that I make enough of an impact.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 7, 2018
My position at Munson Healthcare is with Traverse Heart and Vascular as a scheduler. This is a practice of over 25 providers. I am one of three in this position, and we also answer every call that comes into the practice. We are to field each call and send it to the appropriate person. The vast number of calls that come into the practice limits our time that we can spend with each patient.
I feel that I am too far removed from the patient, and cannot be as effective as I would like to be in the care of the patient.
My wish is to work for a smaller firm, where I can feel more accomplished,as I can focus on a patient care.
Pros
There are many aspects of the practice to learn.
Cons
There is not enough staff to teach, therefore I don't feel I can be effective.
productive
Charge & Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 31, 2017
It is a very fast-paced environment. Many opportunities to grow within your profession. For the most part each of the individual areas are have a family type atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Munson Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight