Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work with Good perks
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Silverthorne, COMarch 20, 2019
Work days were generally pretty laid back. I learned about different products. The management was great and helpful. Inventory was very time consuming. I was able to meet many great people from the community and was able to interact with local rancers and businesses.
Pros
Long Lunch breaks so you werent rushed
Cons
Not much for breaks
I Personally Loved the Experience
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTMarch 8, 2019
It was a fun place to work, I loved my manager and the people I worked with. It can get stressful around the holidays, and you are on your feet all day with minimal breaks, but when you work with great people it makes it all worth it.
Pros
My Coworkers, Discount
Cons
Minimal Breaks, Stressful
Great place to work, okay Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 23, 2019
Assistant managers were amazing, the work was fun. Did require some heavy lifting and customer service skills, the customers were usually really nice though. Unfortunately, the upper management could use some work and my manager was giving me full time hours while I was part time, which led to some work/school life balance issues.
Pros
Good discount, fun work, great coworkers
Cons
Manager, schedules
It’s typical retail
Clothing Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia Falls, MTJanuary 23, 2019
Normal retail drama and annoyances come with this job. Some of the people there are people you wouldn’t ideally work with, but overall most are a lot of fun.
Amazing company for little compensation
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 21, 2018
Murdoch's is amazing. It's one of the best companies anyone can work at. The culture is unmatched, and the entire company knows and recognizes that if people aren't having fun, the entire ship will sink. That is acknowledged in the leeway that employees are granted. In two years, I have yet to meet anyone who dislikes working for this company. This is the first job I've ever had that I wake up daily and genuinely look forward to going to work, and that is due completely to the people I work with.

It's a culture company, if you don't click with people at Murdoch's quickly, it will not be an enjoyable job. I process all new hires for our corporate office, and I have yet to run into this issue. In 2 years, not a single new hire has left because of anything outside of the company's control.
Pros
Great Benefits, Relaxed work environment
Cons
Poor pay relative to similar positions at other companies
Great environment and family oriented
Hardside Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 13, 2018
I learned more then I could express in word in this paragraph. I learned how to provide excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part was the job itself and making sure customers left with smiles.
Pros
Co-workers were like family
Cons
Working out in all the weather
overall, a good place to work.
Assistant Clothing Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 31, 2018
The atmosphere of the store was highly dependent on the management. When our management was fair and participated in the work, we did well. When the management was poor, everyone suffered. As a group most of us worked well together and tried to assist each other whenever possible. I left for another state and miss the people at MURDOCHS. I don't miss the politics.
Good place to get experience once in customer service.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Four Corners, MTOctober 27, 2018
Good experience but it can get very stressful. The system that you need to learn as a cashier it takes quite a while to learn in fact I am still learning about it after 3 months.
Murdoch's is a fast rotation of employees and poorly managed by the head clothing manager
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTAugust 22, 2018
I left this job due to employee discrimination. After being hired for almost 3 years and being promised a raise on my hire date, never did that happen. I always showed up to work and had a positive attitude, though my head manager was giving two dollar raises to employees that had been hired for less than 6 months did not include myself. I confronted her in a meeting with their booking assistant to have a witness and handed her paperwork from the Montana's Labor Department.
Hardside Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 16, 2018
Murdoch's Littleton was a fantastic place to work at, was it not for the lack of pay I would have stayed long term, unfortunately I was not able to support my family working full time here. Great secondary job, or for students needing to make extra money.
Love
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 12, 2018
Everything about working at Murdoch's is great. Management was good. Very understanding and flexible with hours. Family oriented. I learned something new every day I worked.
Very good company to work for
HR Benefits Manager and Employee Relations Mgr (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 3, 2018
Murdoch’s offers fair pay and great benefits. I was able to travel to several HR conventions and some trade shows. Very proactive company as far as training opportunities.
Pros
Family oriented culture
Stressful
Hardside Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 27, 2018
The current management at this establishment isn’t very lenient with reasons not to work. Having sports or family obligations becomes a “And why can’t you work?” Situation.
Pros
Discounts, Lunch
Cons
Inflexible schedule
It was a good place to work for the time being
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJuly 26, 2018
The only thing really wrong with it is the department managers had favorites and they always got first choice .I liked the other employees I work with and the experiancd I got while working there. I think the employees deserve more then one break period.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only amd hour or a 30 min break
Productive Work
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 16, 2018
Nice place to work but advancement is possible but wage is not compensated for the amount of work performed. The customer’s are wonderful and the staff is friendly. Once an employee a wonderful employee discount is implemented but scrutinally monitored and sometimes made to make you feel like you shouldn’t use. This company has a lot of turnover in employees, they say they value their employees but truly do not address the issues that are communicated to them as a whole. They are about opening new stores and building customer base rather than building long time employees and if they happen to they are not as valued as they need to be.
Nice place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 1, 2018
Place was nice to work at but very rude to people that don't wanna dress up in bling bling pants and shoes they expect you to wear stuff that a 16 year old would wear.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
healtcare, not felexible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMay 23, 2018
Generally steady, sometimes dead and sometimes slammed busy! I learned about different products and which are better than others. The management team was not good. Workplace culture differs for each person. The hardest part is dealing with rude angry customers and not being able to help them. Definitely the BEST part of the job was my coworkers aside from management.
Pros
17% above wholesale discount on most items
Cons
Rude/Poor management
Great costomer base
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WYMarch 17, 2018
Go out on the dock and assess what we had. Then I'd go out on the floor and find a place to put it. Straiten the shelves. Study up on the products. Sell people things.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lots of heave lifting
Great place to come to work as a family
Hardside assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CONovember 14, 2017
If you're looking for a place to work and come together as a family I would highly recommend Murdoch's. The managers there make work feel like home, they treat every employee the same and make sure that there is a twist in some things you may have to do to make work a better place for you. There is always events happening to bring the community together and join in the murdochs family.
Good Temp Job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 27, 2017
A good place for the college student to gain a good reference and learn a few tidbits of knowledge. Have an interest in outdoorsy things and or animal and tool related products.