Murphy USA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive fast pased
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Albany, MSJuly 16, 2018
pun work place great management management works with your hours training is one on one and you always have contact with management you meet allot of people murphys is a hands on comepany stocking coolers filling shelfs cleaning restrooms must be good with money
Pros
job
Cons
no breaks
Temp Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJuly 15, 2018
This is a temporary job until I can find something closer to home.
Typical work day is fast paced. We deal with all kinds of customers. Improvement could be made when scheduling work hours around shipments being received. Stocking is near impossible when you are the only employee on site, this is the hardest part of the job and you are unable to stay at window assisting customers paying for merchandise and being able to watch customers pump gas while you are unloading shipments.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
low pay
Bad Management and High Turnover
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJuly 15, 2018
Bad management from store level all the way up to corporate office. I would not recommend anyone deal with this company if you have any other options.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
No breaks, alone, horrible mgmt, cut hours too much.
loved it but worked overnight
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
its a better place to work now since they close at 12. But i was there overnight in the winter lord it was freezing. but i had a great manager she is still there.
Pros
pay
Cons
weather
Need better management as well as security for the safty of the workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2018
Need better management as well as security for the safty of the workers there are too many dangers out in the world for the employees to face as they are working people coming behind the counter taking thing and for the manger so say things like "dont call the police call me im your manager you do what i say" is a disgrace to the companys name i would love to work for the company again but feel as the management wouldnt care for my safty only the merchandise and a price tag.
professional
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
I used to love working with Murphy until I relocated stores because no one else would. I changed places and worked as an assistant to the manager because no one liked her attitude and she had such big turn over. Her issue was her trying to befriend everyone and also trying to be their manager. She would sometimes get the two mixed and it caused many problems.
Pros
good job
Cons
management was unprofessional
fun 2workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSJuly 10, 2018
it was fast paced and a good place to work I loved the people the money was good the hours were good I worked here almost 5 years I hated to leave wish I would have never left actually
Fast past, favoritism, to much hours little pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  La Marque, TXJuly 9, 2018
It was a very fast paced job. To much favoritism also
Among managers and employees. To much hours for little pay and no overtime offered to employees and bad benefits
busy fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2018
Quick learning move quick think fast mid day is super fast move patience love the people regular customers .fixed income customers so that mean dealing with a lot of coins and a long line on a hot day but its made me happy to help
Not such abgreat place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
I worked there for 3 years. Had only one pay raise. The only way I could make more money was to move up. In order to move up you had to have valid driver's licenses. I totally disagree with that if another employee calls in you gotta find someone from another store to come cover they shift.
Productive fast paced working enviroment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCJuly 5, 2018
they have very good management, the hours are as fair as they can get. you are able to receive pay advancement when doing good. and I love the enviroment.
Pros
management
benefits
Good job.
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSJuly 3, 2018
I liked the job. I got to meet a lot of interesting people. The pay is not bad. The people I worked with were very nice. The manager was very nice to work with.
Place for hard working achievers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 3, 2018
hard work rewarded by management
encourage return to university to learn and grow
assisted associates with financial planning with 401K and additional materials beyond HR requirements
Pros
pay and rewards
Cons
located in small city in southern arkansas
Murphys
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Orange, TXJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. It was flexible and they understood that I had just had a baby. They were great people to work with they were patient with training. They trained well! I grew as a person working for them!
Seasonal Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 1, 2018
Job was easy, there was a lot they expect people to do at night working alone. But the job was only seasonal so I wasnt to learn much before busy season was over.
Murphy USA
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardendale, ALJune 30, 2018
Murphy's is a good place to work. I am looking for another job because I have found myself working over 20 hours in one day because my employees keep calling in and there is no one to replace them. I love working for Murphy's, but I am planning to attend school in the near future and need a job with less hours and am willing to accept lower pay.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
working too many hours
Would've been better and DM's
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXJune 29, 2018
Overall good company. Would still be employed had th DM been a responsible trustworthy individual who didn't steal from the stores and then write up the employees. Also had the DM or the GM listened when I stated I needed help while working 90 plus hours a week, my time there would have been amazing.
Fast paced work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOJune 29, 2018
Good place to work, stressful at times but nothing to bad. My manager was amazing and worked with some troubles I had. Corporate not so much the best but what corporation is.
Aweful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLJune 25, 2018
Never had a set schedule and could not call in even if you was sick. Was there about a year and never got a raise. Could not keep people to work for the company. Never had set hours. Was hired for 20 hours a week but if someone stops working, they put you on full time with not even asking.
Pros
Manager was nice
Cons
no raise ever
Na
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 24, 2018
Can only clock in five minutes before the start of your shift and when that happens you have to clock out 5 minutes early. The manager is a great guy but his boss does not do the company justice.