Murphy USA
64Average

Murphy USA Employee Reviews

United States1,497 reviews
Found 1,497 reviews matching the search
Not the work place I've ever worked....
I think the companies "throw you to the wolves" policy is a bit much. You train for 1 day and watch a million videos about a 100 different things and then are expected to know what to do when a situation arises weeks or months later. We are worked long shifts (most over 10 hours) and have high task expectations but are not compensated appropriately. I had some trust issues with my management, but that's one person not the whole company.
Cons
long shifts, low pay
Not All These Places Are Bad
I Liked To Work I Loved When I Was There Alone. The Managers Were Horrible They Were Lazy And Showed Favorites To The Girl That Had Been There Longer And After Dealing With Bad Coworkers And Managers They Replaced Me Because I Spoke Out To The Wrong Doings.
Great Job!!!
The current new manager is awesome. She is very fair with all the employees. I really enjoy working for her and Murphy’s!!! I love interacting with the customers, it’s a job that I really enjoy coming to.
Great customers, but poor management
Poor management/leadership, subsequently causing high turnover of staff. Poor hourly wages to staff. Great customers and coworkers. The regular customers that are nice and respectful make the job fun, however, poor management impacts the staff and customers.
Pros
customers
Cons
Poor management and hourly wages.
job kowledge increased
ok place to work if not looking to advance if older they tend to hire young persons and not give the job dues to an individual who deserves the chance. upper managers not good to communicate with do not understand
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Average Gas Station Job
An overall friendly work environment that can become taxing because potential employers don't want to stay for long. Hard work can be rewarded. For an average cashier, there is no bonuses to be expected, but they do promote opportunities to move up into management.
not for me
was hired for part-time but asst.manager was let go was told that I was going to take her place but it didn't seem like it was going to happen and hired someone else few weeks after me and my hours got cut. I only worked 20 hours a week. Couldn't afford to stay.
I'm a cashier enjoy my job
As long iv work for retail this is the first time I had a boss that really good too her employees. And the staff of people are amazing. We all get along and work as a team we don't ever leave other staff hanging. We work as a team.
Fun, keeps busy, promotes fast, pays terribly
I went from entry level cashier ($8.25/hr) to Asst Store.Mgr ($10/hr) in leas than 4 months. Typical ASM pay is $9.50/he. Job is not difficult as long as you like people. Stay out of management if possible though because the regional and higher.management will pin every problem the store has on you and will make losses your fault. My crew and store.mge were awesome thiu ghb, and my customers were the BWAT!
My experience at Murphy USA
I loved my job at Murphy USA. It was wonderful, my boss was great & my coworkers were awesome. I thought everything was great until I was let go without warning. They kept a girl who never did her side work & always broke the rules & outright lied to the boss & she wasnt let go but I was. If ur looking for a fair shake then Murphy USA may not be the right place.
Pros
Good hours, great people & ability to move up
Cons
You dont exactly get the same fair shake as others on the job.
It is a very rewarding job in some aspects
I loved working for Murphy's and with my team, I just wish work/ life balance was easier and adjusted. My manager's are awesome and do what they can to help
Pros
Seeing smiling customers
Cons
Pay doesnt meet amount of work involved
Routine but fun
I started as a cashier and within the month was moved to assistant manager. Within 6months i was a store manager but that was only because I opened our store from the ground up. We had always had the kiosk and when we became a full sized store I stocked, priced and tagged every item.
Run away.
This was a PT job for me. I was guaranteed by the SM when I was hired that I would be making a specific amount per hour and have 25 hours per week. The first 3 months, the SM was transferred, and I was literally left with two other great employees to handle everything at the store. When the SM finally came around, I asked why my pay wasn't right, he responded with excuses, and he said "he would look into it" but never did. Fast forward to my last day (this morning), my pay was NEVER fixed even though I mentioned it to everyone of my higher ups! The current SM is nice however, she is allowing the new DM to dictate her every move with shady practices that will eventually get someone robbed, and possibly hurt. The corporate office would be wise to review the new DM, and company policies. I was left with no choice but to walk away this morning because my hours were cut again, I walked into attitude/complaining (like always), and the DM over the area forcing my SM is write me up over a mistake that the DM caused me to make. I didn't even get a chance to defend myself against the BS.

People, this is literally the worst company you can work for in the industry. Have some respect for yourself and apply anywhere else...even fast food is a step up. Some might read this and think I'm bitter however, I'm not. I truly enjoyed chatting with the customers. I just feel this is opportunity for me to potentially save another person from the mistake I made when I accepted the job from this company.

Incase someone from this company/corporate office reads this.

Some of your SM's have a really
 - more...
Pros
There's litterally nothing.
Cons
Everything. Small checks, constant complaining, superiors who think you're a nothing, and treat you as such.
Said I quit
Said that I quit when I went on maternity leave. When I gave my manager my medical note from the doctor. She waited for a month. Then sent me my separation notice saying that I quit. But I was put on bed rest due to high risk pregnancy.
Work to much for very little pay.
Wanted to advance as a assistant manager and received better pay as promised but was not recommended to be promoted. Felt I was being taking advantage of by do a lot of work and wasn’t rewarded or just told that was your job.
Young company that has some issues to work on.
Things they need to improve:
Communicating with stores and employees Training in the upper level jobs

You are required to fix and repair pumps, ( filters, printers, hoses, breakaways, keypads, card readers). Paint the buildings/sheds and concrete lines. Plus stock, clean, much more and your reg job as well. It’s a lot!!!
Awful
Manager is a plain horrible manager. She does not know how to manage and no one is held responsible for anything. You will get blamed because you are new
Stressful
A typical day was stressful, unorganized and lack of employees following the policy. The hardest part about the job was lazy co-workers not being help responsible for their action. The most enjoyable part was the regular customers on a day to day.
no comment
i have no comment on the job i currently hold. i believe work experiences vary amongst people. The mgmt team is supportive. I am taught at a pace that allows me to be successful.
Not a bad job at all
I’ve been working at Murphy USA for a little over 6 months. I originally started in Tuscaloosa, and I transferred back to my hometown in Huntsville. Both locations have been great, both of my managers were awesome. The pay isn’t horrible, you have opportunities to move up, and the hours aren’t bad, you can always get more easily if you want them. It’s a very easy jobs and sometimes customers aren’t very pleasant, but besides that, it’s a good job for what it is.
Good job
I like working here and loved the energy and encouragement from my manager. They were were very sufficient and made workibg there easy they explained everything when beginning and didnt get mad when i had questions.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murphy USA. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight