Murphy USA Employee Reviews

Avoid at all cost
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXDecember 9, 2018
The job sucks. People call in and if you been there since 5 am you're stuck until the next shift come. I, on multiple occasions, was just told to suck it up whenever it happened. They offer a "scholarship" but they don't really try to give it to you. Was told by the district manager to just give it up whenever I had asked about it. I don't know if it's like this at every Murphy's but a lot of the customers treat you horribly. Only a small hand few actually treat you as a human being. Overall Murphys doesn't care about there employees.
Pros
The pay is okay
Cons
Litterally everything about the company sucks
Fun and Fast paced work place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chipley, FLDecember 6, 2018
Working at MURPHY USA was great. It was just about my favorite job I’ve had. The people that you work with are ready to help. And I basically cried when i had to leave due to school.
not worth it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCDecember 5, 2018
totally not worth the stress that is put upon you working here. the management is horrible. i definitely don't suggest working here at all. it just overalle blowed
Better Pay Better Staff
Assistant General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FL 33461December 5, 2018
The challenge we face is the lack of pay for cashiers and as a result we do not get a high caliber of staff. This can be very stressful. I have no issue with the tasks I need to do. I struggle with a weak support system in the immediate future.
Used to be a great company, new higher ups have changed the people aspect
District Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GADecember 5, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my job for three years. Most of the long term higher ups left due to the company changing. The more new people they brought in, the worse it got. They cut our resources and consistently wanted more. It became dreadful.
Very professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 4, 2018
When i worked there it was a friendly place. I jus disnt like when a girl did a no cal no ahow and i had a day to learn all the night shifts and they said i had to park my car right by the door and it was weird and a little scary
I love it there
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 4, 2018
I would love to work there again it was a great job I would recommend others to apply an start a new career there it has a lot of advantage to move up
loved my job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
from the staff to the customers everything was splendid. I felt safe and extremely comfortable with my co-workers and supervisors. The training experience was a lot of fun and answered all my questions
Wasn't worth the time
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 3, 2018
Customers are incredibly rude and if you're not a smoker you don't get a break. also, taking a mandatory call every week gets old quickly, especially when you're not trained properly and have zero knowledge of what was being discussed.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 3, 2018
I loved my job but some managers and management needs attitude adjustments. But me as assistant manager I handled bank deposits and paperwork. I stocked merchandise and cleaned just like anyone else if not more. I ran the store when my manager was doing jobs for other stores. I handled venders checked in merchandise.

Want to know more about Murphy USA?

Ask a question
Amazing work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 2, 2018
Absolutely loved my time at Murphy USA. I would go back in a heartbeat if they'd have me. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you form with the customers, since you're one at a time it really gives you the chance to get to know everyone. The one and only bad thing is lack of security, I was afraid of being robbed every night.
Pros
Being by yourself, not bumping heads with others.
Cons
Not everyone stocks the drink coolers even though they're supposed to.
The GM steels from work ever day
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYNovember 27, 2018
it's okay to work there if you don't make your boss mad. The GM and the Assti. Manager wear dating at the time, The GM would give coupons to the workers that should of been put in trash cause they belonged to the customers (10 off on gas) The GM also worked less than 40 hours a week. Not such a good company to work for.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
good benefits
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OKNovember 27, 2018
The hours were long but the job was very rewarding. The most enjoyable part was my customers. The hardest part of the job was keeping the store staffed.Corporate treats there managers very well. Most of corporate office understood the difficulties that we faced with the day to day issues of working at store level. I have found over the years that sometimes upper management forgets what actually goes on behind the scenes at store level.For the most part Murphy USA was good about keeping that in mind. I would recommend Murphy USA to anyone wanting to get into Retail Management. I wish I hadn't left them.
Pros
Customers, Coworkers
Cons
would not racamin to my dog let alone my friend
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  w kimberlyNovember 26, 2018
not a good place to work, if they dont like u they well find a way to fire u, angie and sharon are the worse manigers in the world , this is a died in job, thier is new future here, this is just a pit stop to something better,
Pros
it helps when u need money.
Cons
the manegers. are out for them self and dont care if u dont miss any days
Just don't
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALNovember 26, 2018
This job was terrible. No help. No benefits. People were constantly lying to keep themselves out of trouble just to get another person in trouble. All in all I would not suggest this job.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Its a paycheck
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NcNovember 24, 2018
The one I worked at was always understaffed. And no one was allowed overtime, so if you got sick you were out of luck. The fact the customers can turn the pumps on themselves is also a hassle. Too much for one person to deal with.
Hard, fast paced, and demanding of time
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clover, SCNovember 24, 2018
Murphy's is a hard, fast paced, demanding, and low compensation type of job. They require a lot of knowledge due to having to deal with fuel which is highly combustable. The pay for what you do does not even compensate for everything that is required of you. The customers are very rude and demanding in this type of business. They will also try to get over on you, you have to be able to stand your ground in this type of retail work.
Cons
No breaks, not paid enough, and not a family oriented type of work.
Stressful place to workplace
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 21, 2018
Upper management changed over my career and made it hard to be successful because more duties were required but not enough labor allocated. On a typical day it was my responsibility to get the store opened and manage that all duties were complete.
Pros
Matched dollar for dollar up to 6% on 401K
Cons
Work/Home life balance
Fun customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCNovember 20, 2018
Fun place to work! Great co-workers, great hours, great manager! I enjoy going to work. They offer competitive pay, hours, and time and a half holiday pay. They are open from 5am-
loved it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MINovember 19, 2018
have never felt as secure with a job as i did when i worked here. i never felt like a faceless employee, even when the "higher ups" came in. everyone has a job and a roll. \

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murphy USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight