Murray-Calloway County Hospital Employee Reviews

Experience in patient care
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 23, 2019
Small community hospital with a group of experienced nurses that have been there 20+ years and constant passing through younger nurses. PRN flexibility allowed for school/work balance
MURRAY Calloway County Hospital
Registered Nurse In The Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 9, 2019
Horrible management. Constant rude coworkers. High insurance. Drama and arguments daily. Supervisors are uneducated. Lie to employees until they agree to work there, the change agreements. Worst place to work
good job
HHS (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 14, 2019
It was a good job it was not that hard did keep you busy though which i like. I did a lot of cleaning and walking. good exercise. Had to make sure rooms were clean and sanitize for patients that were sick.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
n/a
Very great job loved it
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 5, 2019
It was well organized, everyone helped out when needed. Hours where great staff where great they care about there people Never had any issues with work it was a good place to be.
Lowest pay, benefits are average.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 5, 2019
Pay is less than other area hospitals. Benefits are average. Management is aweful and coworkers in my department are not helpful. Wouldnt recommend getting a job here.
Manager was/is horrible
Prep Cook - Spring Creek Nursing & Rehab (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 30, 2019
Manager was horrible, and HR wouldn’t do a thing about this person . I loved the work I did, but had to leave after several years because of this person. I do not recommend working at spring creek kitchen.
Horrible
Food Service Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 30, 2019
The Work environment is horrible. The job itself is do-able and fun, however, the food service director is a piece of work and continually treats her workers like disposable trash. I would not recommend Spring Creek Food Service to anyone. I also wouldn't recommend Spring Creek to anyone. The turn over rate is terribly high and we are so short staffed that the residents are suffering because of it. HR is also biased and in the best interest of the higher up people instead of the greater good of the job and "company".
Cota/l
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 29, 2019
Very clickish, never appreciate what you do for them they always want more but never compensate you, but don't mind to keep adding more job responsibilities. Low pay benefits are decent however.
Benefits
Cons
Clickish, low pay
family type work enviornment
Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 20, 2019
Everyone is a pleasure to work with. A typical day consist of seeing anywhere from 50 to 100 patients in an out-patient setting. Everyone has a willingness to go above and beyond to meet patient needs.
Great team, I enjoyed working with everyone.
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 15, 2019
I worked at MCCH for 16 years. I enjoyed the team building and having the opportunity to work with a variety of specialists as well as learning new skills and meeting new families.
The hospital was constantly updating and improving services for the community and families.
Pros
Good comradery and benifits
Cons
Low pa
Pay is horrible.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 14, 2019
Worst paying hospital in the region. Hospital claims they are broke while giving managers and management raises and bonuses. SVe yourself the trouble and drive 35 minutes in any other direction and get $10 more per hour. Recently had a meeting with the manager of human resources to talk about the beat places to work in Kentucky survey we had to fill out. Management was shocked the hospital wasn't on the list and even more shocked the reason was money. The CEO was so surprised, he decided to do us all a solid by putting money in the budget next year for merit based increases. We got those this year. $0.30. Yes. Thirty cents was the average merit based increases. These are the first raises we had gotten in years.
Pros
Cons
Money. Cafeteria is junk
Worst place to work EVER
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 9, 2019
The people here are the most disgusting, inhumane, hateful and soulless people I've ever met. If you are any bit different they will hate you before you even walk through the door. You will be mistreated, back stabbed, and conspired against. They will pin you for something that their favorites get away with. 2 faced!
convenient but no advancement
secretary (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 8, 2019
There is room for advancement within the hospital, but not within our particular clinic

And, currently, there are no opening in the hospital for me which would pay more than I currently make.

But, working at the hospital has a lot of conveniences.
Pros
convenient
Cons
no advancement in my clinic; low pay for what I am used to making
Busy day scheduling medical staff
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 27, 2019
My typical day as the office manager for MCCH Home Health was very busy. I worked as the front desk secretary, scheduled/payroll for 88 employees. Keyed in doctor visit data for all patients, and ran reports. It was a good workplace culture, but very hectic, as any medical job can be. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a wonderful staff.
Pros
Benefits and getting to work 4-10 hour days to get a 3 day weekend.
Cons
I was only paid as a secretary level even though I was managing the department.
A family type of hospital....not many of those left!
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 27, 2019
I loved treated patients with sleep apnea. I would still be with them, but in order to treat sleep apnea you must work 12hr midnights. I have been on that shift fir 15 years and now at 47 realize my sleep at night is very important to my health. Unhealthy sleep is the underlying conotion to many health problems. Only at night is melatonin and other hormones released. When sleeping during the day none of the hormones are released causing much damage overtime. I am looking to use my medical experience with another great company with a flexible schedule during the day.
Pros
I loved my patients!
Cons
12hr midnights
Murray Calloway County Hospital
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 20, 2018
I loved the time that spent with my co-workers. It was a family
environment. The down side was the administrative staff.
They didn't support the workers.
N/absbdnenendrnne
Registered Nurse. Labor-Delivery/Nursery (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 19, 2018
Good company. Management could use work. Good manager in my department. Employee moral could be increased and a reason to work there. Overall ok place to work but could use more compensation for the work that is put in
Poor management
Maintenance Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 27, 2018
Needs better leadership and communication within each and between each department. Pay raises are almost nonexistent, but the PTO is by far the best benefit given.
Much change coming...hopefully for the better
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 17, 2018
While working here, the management changed 3 times within 24 months. The changes led to inconsistent routines and uncertanty regarding job expectations.
Pros
autonomy in job
Cons
VERY inaccurate employee evaluations due to management turnover
I do not recommend working for HHS
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 26, 2018
The staff and management was rude, didn't do their job, was always on their phones. THe other staff members always blamed other people for things the others didn't do wrong.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murray-Calloway County Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Murray-Calloway County Hospital Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?