Murtis Taylor Human Services System Employee Reviews

Great place to start
CPST (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2019
Got my LSW never got the raised promised, which is also documented in Handbook. My supervisor was of no help to advocate for me. Caseload is workable, the population I served was diverse I loved the work environment. The wear and tear on your vehicle is also a down fall for CPST work.
Pros
Benefits, self directed work, experience
Cons
Raises, supervision
Terrible
Community Psychiatric Support Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2018
Unfortunately there is a lack of good management with this company. The salary is not competitive for the company requirements. You do get to work with a population of men, women and children which I found to be an amazing experience. There is no room for advancement however and there are no outlets to offer mentor-ship or guidance from any of the higher staff. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
benefits
Cons
terrible company to work for
Learned A lot
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
I was able to advance within the company. I had a great experience working with a diverse population. The staff at MHT work hard and care about the clients. MHT provides incentives for hard work! Great place to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule, advancement, incentives.
Cons
Clocking in and out at office.
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2018
This was a great job. i learned a lot such as learning to work with different populations such as ,elderly,homeless,kids,mental ill, and more. murtis had a lot of things going on for the community such as feeding elderly, daycare for children,school supply give away and more.
Pros
very understanding, positive attitudes
Mthss
CPST (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2018
I have learned a lot from Murtis Taylor. However, MTHSS is very unorganized, does not compensate well for services and also lacks adequate resources for both employees and clients.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Community Based, Bonuses offered frequently, compensation for mileage
Cons
Wages, Careless Administrative Staff, Lack of Resources, Lack of proper work space, Inadequate equipment
Murtis Taylor is a wonderful place to work
TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kinsman Center, OHApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Murtis Taylor as a technical assistance consultant. Working with the different families allowed me to grow as far as communication wise.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No cons
Salary
Community Psychiatric Support Treatment (CPST) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2018
This job is rewarding due to working with the youth.
The management is very unprofessional.
Things are constantly changing.
There is a union that you will be apart of.
to hectic
Residential Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Poor value of their workers they are not honest people only family and friends whom work there are acknowledged by them they run a horrible business ;
Pros
its a job
Cons
not great place to work
Learning experience
CPST (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 17, 2017
I was able to learn a lot here at the agency. The hardest part is changes to agency systems, when that happens they mess up and sometimes information gets lost.
Loved working with the Clients
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2017
Loved working with the clients, I thought was a wonderful place to work, until I made one mistake and was terminated after being a loyal and trust worthy worker over 4 years.
Poor Choice, High Turnover
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH (Fulton office)December 19, 2016
I was hired in a Therapist position where almost every aspect of the job changed once I started in April 2016, including lowering my paycheck without notice. Many changes were made without notice. The director and supervisor resigned shortly after, and new management had a whole set of higher and overwhelming expectations. Staff turnover and resignation and quitting was the highest I've ever seen in almost 30 years of working in various mental health agencies. The new director was "changing her mind" about policies and procedures that apparently were never really established. Office space was very restrictive and didn't allow for confidentiality of client-sensitive information. Rigid, controlling and unstable style of management doesn't work well in social services.
Pros
Interesting clients, somewhat flexible work hours, bonus incentive for overtime.
Cons
Unstable management, policy and procedure changes without sufficient notice or rationale, excessive workload and responsibilities.
Unprofessional and low morale. Treat your employees well and they will stay.
Cpst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2016
God willing I never have to apply at Murtis Taylor. I was there for a month exactly and it wasn't the best experience. The agency overall needs new leadership. Their focus is on productivity (understandable seeing that's how you get Medicaid dollars) but there should be balance. Most employees in my building were tired and not encouraged. They provide no incentives and don't make you feel appreciated. My supervisor gave no direction or guidance to me. THe building I was in was outdated, ceilings tiles missing and stained, bugs, cupboard doors missing. It was very uninviting and not office friendly. Turnover rate is very high ESP with cpst which leaves upset families. I didn't hear about much room for advancement But hey who am I to observe and complain....
Some look at you as a threat, not friendly (some).
Pros
Training from HR was decent, HR is nice Some co workers were very, very helpful and passionate about helping.
Cons
Pay, no incentives, lack of true leadership, overstressed employees
This place was soo unprofessional
Murtis Taylor Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 15, 2016
I've worked in this company for years and if it wasn't for my family I had to provide for I would've left sooner. Upper management was never on the staffs side. They hired people based on who they knew and salaries was based on that as well. This Agency was only about Quantity and never quality of care with the clients and they always suffered from this practice. The staff are definitely under appreciated and we're made to feel replaceable constantly. Even the actual CEO would walk passed you and not even speak to you. The staff moral was always very low.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Upper management, wages, unprofessional, low moral.
Nice workplace with opportunity for advancement
Residential Worker (Current Employee) –  11410 BUCKEYE ROADAugust 12, 2016
A nice place to work with very nice people. They have problems with requests for on the job changes but always want the best out of you.
Pros
Very advancement oriented
Cons
Response time on job issues can be quite slow
Productivity guide line diminish job security
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2015
You are responsible for providing health and human services to the mental health community.
You learn great resources to serve your clients such as food pantries ,low income housing.
The hardest part of the job is driving your clients all over town all day and having tons of paperwork to do that seems never ending.
I enjoy being providing much needed human services for the less fortunate communities.
Pros
healthcare, 401K
Cons
over whelming amount of paper work and driving
Worked toward stabalizing mental health of dual diagnosed clients.
CPST working with dual diagnosed individuals. (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2015
Meeting with clients to meet productivity and observe mental health. I learned how to deescalate volatile situations. Management was very helpful. Sometimes locating clients and substance abuse (AOD). Co-workers were supportive and helpful. Most enjoyable part of job was seeing clients accomplish goals and securing housing for the homeless while stabilized.
Pros
Day went fast.
Cons
Clients exhibiting episodes due to substance abuse.
A place for growth
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 11, 2013
I am started off as a Part time Teacher Assistant and I have been able to move into better positions such as the medical record clerk and credentialing coordinator.