Museum of the City of New York Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun work.
Intern/educator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 8, 2018
The experienced I had at the museum of the city of new york was amazing. I love the and the people I intern with. and the people there were really nice and professional.
Pros
Events, Lunches, Walking through central park
Cons
no cons
Awesome
Marketer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work. Beautiful environment. Great conversationalist workers. Beautiful art work. Friendly staffs. Great experience overall working at the museum
Good
Good
Had fun teaching children in galleries and classrooms
Museum Educator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
It was a fun, and fast paced and educational environment. The staff and the children I taught were very sweet. Sometimes thing were hectic when too many kids showed up for a gallery tour or classroom activity. Other days it was slow. Overall, I wouldn't mind working there again.
Growing Experience
Intern in Museum Education (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
Everyday we would plan and execute different lessons for the visitors. I learned a lot about lesson planning and attending to the visitors. I also had the opportunity to host tours around the Museum. Some days we would go to the park and do park outreach for the children. This was a tough task on days when it rained a ton or the sun was scorching hot but with all things we learned to persevere. I enjoyed the creativity and entertainment aspect of this position.
slave ship
bottom feeders (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
management /HR SUCKS. the best department is education / security and to my fellow coworkers...night crew is the best. Under staff... get ready to work like a slave. To many fake people acting like bosses.
Pros
Cons
the whole experience
Great people, good environment, not a lot of room to grow unfortunately
Web Designer & Administrator (Current Employee) –  1220 5th Ave, New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Great people overall, the environment is welcoming, I think management still has a lot of room for improvement. Not enough communication or team collaboration going on. There is definitely not enough cross-pollination happening between different fields.
Pros
Adjacent to central park, long breaks, cool people, can attend special events (and invite people) if willing to volunteer half of it
Cons
Really restricted budget, also close to the projects, not as open to change/improvement
a great productive place to work
Education Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2014
assisting on tours
setting up for classroom lessons and cleaning up duties
organizing and managing supplies
filing,faxing and a lot more..
i learned u can have fun at work while getting done
management was great i learned a lot of things from them
my co worker was amesome i loved working with him it was never a borning day at the internship
the most enjoyable part was working with the kids in the classrooms one on one with the arts and crafts
Pros
going on tours
Cons
the slow 6 train
Great learning experience
Intern for Registrar/Collections Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
I learned the ins and outs of registrar work in an art and history museum. I learned hands-on how to manage a collection, from condition reporting to exhibition installation.

Such a valuable learning experience
Making of pinata
Exhibition Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2012
I learn from other culture and they celebrate Christmas.Help the kids make their own.