Mutual Distributing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Thay give use dinner every friday
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2018
The hard part of my job was putting cases of wine on the top rack it was hard to reach and some of the cases was to heavy your arm would get tired and your back
Pros
Lunch was graet
Cons
Break none
Cruel to employees
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NC 28562June 26, 2018
Not a very nice place to work. Management is very mean and demanding of employees. LONG hours for LITTLE pay!! Watch your back if you are hired at this place!
Dont do it
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 21, 2018
Managers are ok in Greensboro....Impossible to get time off
Pay could be better....Corporate office folks dont care about you....eapcially HR...dont work here
Another day in paradise -- a truthful summary
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2018
You'll be pushed physically to do your job. Sometimes you'll be placed in different areas in the warehouse where the physical demand escalates. There are 3 workstations (lets say 1, 2, and 3).
Workstation 1 is the best place to work as the racks and rollers actually function properly so you spend less time reaching in the racks or having to use a 'poker' to reach a stuck box. Workstation 2 is harder than workstation 1 as the racks and rollers aren't as clean and require more attention. Workstation 3 is just awful as the racks and rollers are not clean and require almost 50% of your attention. The company expects you to "work hard" and be "fast" but can't even take care of their own equipment which ultimately takes care of their employees. The work is back straining. Supervisors have favorites so you can very likely be stuck in workstation 2 or 3. There's little to no ration among the workstations.

VERY IMPORTANT!

You can not miss a day of work and not give a doctors note. This is stupid in my opinion because if I know that it's just the common cold, I don't need to see a doctor (costing me money). So either you bring a doctors note or get suspended. Same thing goes with being even 1 minute late.

READ THIS: You can't even go home if you become sick on the job without a warning or suspension.

Some part-timers WORK HARDER than full-timers and they receive less pay and incentives. This is extremely unfair and makes the part-times inclined to work less.

HR DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE WAREHOUSE WORKERS. LITERALLY 0% INTERACTION WITH HR.

Why does one stay at Mutual?
  more... Either they are needing the $$$ or they are stuck financially.  less
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
unpaid lunch, unfair pay, unclean, tremendous stress
productive and rapid speed work enviorment
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2018
Once arriving to work 3 out of the 5 day week schedule, we will usually spend first 2 1/2 hours taping the boxes we stored the wine and beer bottles in. After those are completed we than start filling the boxes with the pre ordered, orders using the Jennifer headset and RF scanner. Once all orders are done in your section, we than would do warehouse maintenance until all other sections are done and cleaned they area.
Pros
hour lunch!!
No advancement oppurtunities
Market Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2018
unless you were willing to brown nose your way to the top. the management was only willing to look to their select group of people and if you didn't fit the mold were told you were undersirable
great co workers
Commercial Driver / Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2017
some managers are awesome some too stressed out from higher ups too much micro management. hire from out side instead of from within. great driving core good group of guys.
Everyone walks around on eggshells...
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2017
Unfortunately, my manager took the word of a store manager over mine without knowing the full situation. I was told on the Monday of Thanksgiving that I was fired and sent on my merry way after 6.5 years of working with this company. They even asked me to bring back a backpack that was a gift - Unbelievable!
Pros
Holiday Party
Cons
No Direction, poor management, little to no direction given but results are expected
not a family oriented workplace
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 31, 2017
If you are out of high school and want a job(not a career), this is the place for you. This job does not give many advancement opportunities. No work life balance
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
no raises, no job security
Good pay thats it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 8, 2017
Good money if you have the right route and if your the boss's pet, if you get hurt your fault no matter what no such thing as workmen comp and the supervisor is an a**hole
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Poor management, company cares nothing about its employees
productive and fun
pulling orders (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
at mutual dist.everyday was a day to learn new job duties.mutual was a fun teamworking job that gave overtime and bonus pay for holidays.mutual also gave holiday parties and lunch paties to thank the employees.
Pretty good company!!!
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2017
Overall it was a good company to work for. The only down side was the pay it was way below average for a tractor trailer driver. The management was great, benefits were with bcbs, good group of people. The tractor trailer driver came in a night and shuttled to smaller branches around the state. They provided uniforms, jackets, and so forth. I honestly have nothing bad to say about mutual distribution.
Pros
Set routes and very good equipment
Cons
The pay
Family oriented work place
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2017
A typical day at this company is enjoyable. We are able to assist customers and sales and still carry on a conversation because of the relationship that we have with one another. Not only have we become family towards our coworkers, but we have a special relationship with a lot of the customers and vendors.
Review
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2017
Mutual is a great learning experience. However, there is too much responsibility put of being self taught instead of proper training. Certain people respond very well to trial by fire but I would not want it to be a general strategy of a company. New strategies and policies are put into place consistently directed at the sales team when perhaps there are flaws in management. Not a ton of genuine interaction, feedback, or communication. Many wonderful people do work here and the industry is extremely exciting.
Professional workplace.You can network with people and people work together to make it happen.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2017
Professional workplace and people work together to make it happen. Manager has a nice personality and easy to get along with and work with. Supervisors were easy to get along with as well.
Print shop fun
Print Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2016
i loved this job i had some great fcoworkers and a great manager as well we were like a little family in that small office. I was able to use my creative ability there while working in the printshop
Not a bad company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2015
Hours not bad,
fairly good pay, could be a little better,
a lot to deal with when working for this company,
good benefits.
It was ok for a part time job.
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2014
I think the job was ok and fairly easy. Supervisor was cool understanding easy to talk to. The co works some was cool others was to much into everyone else's business.
Pros
Sample task job
Cons
Not good pay
Is a really good company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 8, 2014
I enjoy working at the company because you learn something new each day.
Warehouse
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 31, 2014
A typical workday was clocking in at 7pm Monday - Thursday, and 6pm on Sundays. I would flip pallets of beer at the beginning of our shift on Sundays. On the other days, I pulled and filled orders, assisted with checking to make sure orders were filled correctly before sending them to the trucks to be loaded, assisted on other flow racks with pulling and filling orders and checking, cleaning and zoning areas at the end of our shift. I learned proper warehouse procedures. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay, and co-workers.