Mutual of Omaha Employee Reviews

Autonomy at the workplace
Vice President & Community Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2018
Each office had team autonomy which decreased the level of emotional exhaustion felt by individual team members. Teams worked as a cohesive unit. Everyone was on the same page about what to do with their independence, and it worked very well. The managers made sure there was enough structure and leadership in place to keep everyone supportive of the team’s goals.As the primary cheerleader managers could definitely make or break the foundation of the teams. The message from senior management was very supportive and until new management arrived it worked very well.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
It's fragile
Great opportunity
CUSTOMER CARE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 7, 2018
Great opportunity for growth and career advancement they strive to help you achieve your goals very diverse company a place I would definitely recommend for anyone trying to advance in the corporate industry
Decent place to work
Distribution Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2018
I was employed as a temp worker, hours are great and its pretty flexible, production environment can be stressful and there werent opportunities for temps to advance. pay is ok for a starting job but not enough for me to pay my bills, and unlike full time employees, temps could not get raises. also no benefits for temp workers. very casual culture and great people to work with in my experience
Pros
flexibility, relaxed environment
Cons
no benefits for temps
Love this place but I am stuck in my position
CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT- FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 3, 2018
I unfairly got stuck in this training position. I am the only train for the department and am often times tired, stressed due to lack of planning and communication.
Fast-paced workplace with ping-pong table
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2018
Strict schedule adherence and availability leads to a very high volume of inbound calls of customer service, quoting and selling insurance. I learned how to be very efficient at multi-tasking and staying focused throughout the day to keep up with goals and expectations.

Management is active and helpful to the employees, although not readily available to customers. Some managers are more experienced than others in the field that they are managing.

Workplace can be hectic at times with thousands of calls coming in per day, but Mutual of Omaha does have a great break room with TV's, a ping pong table, Foosball, and a mini-basketball game to spend your scheduled breaks and lunches in.

The hardest part of the job was meeting conversion expectations with a large volume of calls that effect your stats without being a relevant phone call. (i.e. transferring someone or taking someone off the mailing list counted against your sales conversion stat which effected your bonus)

The best parts of the job were the very rewarding months when your stats are good and the bonuses had the potential to be life-changing. Also, even if there's a bad performance month, you can rely on a very competitive and generous base pay.
Pros
Base pay, bonuses, cafeteria
Cons
High volume, bad leads
none productive
Sales and underwriting Insurance policies (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 28, 2018
Phone calls using their list which YOU have to pay for.
there was no training at all, commissions from policy writing was erratic. all they seem interested in was you paying them for office expenses. There was no support for the Producer and the producers are the ones that generate the business.
Hm
Teller/Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 26, 2018
Make phone calls, customer service, learned banking systems and regulations. Hardest part is traveling an hour to work each way. Most enjoyable is helping customers with problems they have.
Transparency
Technical Specialist/Business Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 23, 2018
I liked repetitive work, learning SQL, the different RDBMS, working with the project managers, culture was stressful. The hardest part of the job was the feeling of non-acceptance. The most enjoyable part of the job was when people took the initiative to explain new concepts to me.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Restrooms
quiet
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 20, 2018
relaxed, very professional, agents was very helpful and they believed in me . I was just an appointment setter, the agents was very motivating and wanting me to become an agent because i set so many appointments.
Driven company and a great place for an entire career if you can subscribe to the culture that can be cuthroat
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 17, 2018
A typically workday involves meeting with customer accounts, promoting products to those companies and ensuring that the operation of business runs smoothly.

This included traveling for on-site visits, webinars to train agents, conference calls and internal meetings.

I learned a great deal about the brokerage industry from the perspective of the carrier.

The management was very lackluster when it came to development, advancement and overall support. The positive in that is that they are generally hands off.

I would describe the workplace culture as extremely conservative to an interesting degree.

The hardest part of the job was getting your business plan approved by management.

The customers, I loved all of my interactions with my accounts and developed some very wonderful relationships that persist outside of the workplace. It's a fabulous industry!
Commissioned Sales
Investments and Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTNovember 15, 2018
Mutual of Omaha is a very good insurance company, but success really depends on your own personal background. A 25 year old with no base in business is going to find it much more difficult to be successful than the 45 year old with established business and community involvement.
Communicative and Satisfied
Mutual of Omaha Senior Home Care Giver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 13, 2018
I was contracted to take care of an elderly woman. She had severe diabetes and needed help around her home. I checked her blood and basic health care.
Needs organizational and Technology overhaul
Recruiting Manager - Northern California Division (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2018
Mutual of Omaha is in need of a major technological makeover. Their field offices have outdated phone systems. They are just adopting a relevant CRM and they don't seem to understand that field managers should have corporate phones and credit cards so our personal lives don't become interwoven with our business lives.

They continue to have titles at home office that mean nothing. Everyone seems to be a Regional Sales Manager...doesn't matter the department.
Easy work
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  NevadaNovember 11, 2018
One of the easiest, if not boring, jobs I've ever had. Easy frontline banking work. Banking software is pretty dated and not smooth or easy to use, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too difficult. The branches don't have much room for advancement or further education.
Pros
Easy work, good coworkers
Cons
Benefits, Opportunity
I loved my job at Mutual of Omaha as well as the people.
Health Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2018
I had to relocate to Omaha from Los Angeles due to personal reasons. While there, I got employed by Mutual of Omaha. To me, this company is one of the best, if not the best company, I have ever worked for. They take good care of their members especially their employees. I had to go back to California due to the weather ( I don't like snow).
Fast growing customer focused
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2018
Mutual is a fast growing customer focused organization. They are growing their marketing presence. The culture is great. They are a great community partner allowing associates to spend work hours volunteering to improve the community. The culture strongly encourages recognition of employees via online VIP system.
It is fun work in a nice environment
Professional Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 1, 2018
your work schedule is flexible and working there is good for some one who likes to socialize with people and meet clients. The manager always help and trains you and make sure you have enough knowledge and confidence to meet your clients by yourself. The main office always is available for you if you have any question.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not base on salary
CondoCerts
Lead Data Specialist and QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2018
Any given day there was always prioritizing the daily functions to meet and exceed quality for both the Clients and Customer. Being able to create a trusted relationship with client's makes a great career.

Having a department team that supported everyone's schedule changes if the need arises added that personal touch to remove stress. It can give that needed boost to create a positive environment you would enjoy.

The hardest was having to say goodbye. I was unable to move out of state when the department moved.
Pros
A company supports it's community and takes pride in its employees.
Nice Company to Work For...
CUSTOMER CARE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2018
Nice company to work for, not too demanding depending on your dept. High turnover - overall enjoyed the experience, would apply again. Secure building, collaborative atmosphere.
Pros
Lunch area, environment
Cons
still an at will employer - not indispensable
Great Place to Grow
CUSTOMER CARE ANALYST I/SERVICE MATTER EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 13, 2018
Working with Mutual of Omaha is great experience. The culture of the company helps you to succeed not only for the company but for yourself as well. They have excellent benefits, and there is unlimited opportunity for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mutual of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight