Mutual of Omaha Employee Reviews

competitive work environment
SR. DISABILITY CLAIMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2018
This is a work hard play hard environment. You are expected to perform at 110% and advancement opportunities are cutthroat. They do offer a generous pay and benefits package, though.
Pros
on site cafeteria, good benefits
Cons
stressful environment
Good People & Opportunities
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the internal & external partners who I still call my friends. There some opportunity for advancement, but there were also some job eliminations.
Regular Insurance Agent Job
Insurance Advisor/Intern (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 3, 2018
The people in the office were really great, kind, and helpful. However, I didn't just fit in as a younger associate. They do a great job of training, but there is also pressure to make sales right away.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Minimalist office, a little outdated
A Fun Place To Work And They Have A Ping Pong Table.
Life Ins Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2018
Fun atmosphere with collaborative and good management. The speed of the culture takes getting used too. The most enjoyable part of job was the management and the flexible work schedule.
Pros
It was educational.
Cons
The commute.
overall
Customer Care Processor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2018
Frustrated with overall politics in customer contact center. Excellent company with great benefits for employees. Not a clear advancement pathway and not easy to move inside company.
Company suddenly closed nyc offices
General Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2018
due to the company falling under the federal requirement. all NY offices were closed and the company discontinued their Life products in NY.. Agents were welcomed to stay on board, but were no longer able to continue selling insurance.
Senior Provider Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2018
Mutual of Omaha was a good place to work. I was there over 24 years. New employee came and made more money than I did. Management didn't really care if you move up to higher paying positions or not. This was during the time I was there.
Productive company
Accountnt II/ Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 19, 2018
Engaged management encourages innovations and changes. Never a dull moment. They strive for a great workplace culture and actively listen to their customers.
Poor Management, stressful environment and most of the duties is done manually
Sales (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 18, 2018
Management is very poor and has a very high turnover. Mutual of Omaha does everything manually and is slow to upgrade. I won't recommend a friend to this job.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Stressful environment
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2018
a typical day at work was fun filled, I learned that insurance is forever changing the management was awesome. The work place is very divirse but the hardest part of the job was being on the phones everyday but i enjoyed it because the people there made it a joy to be at work.
Pros
discounts, prizes & PTO
Cons
micro management, short breaks
A pre-retirement retirement home
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 7, 2018
Mutual of Omaha is a old fashioned company. As a Mutual association there are no stockholders to answer to so the business moves at the slowest possible pace to stay in business. The people who work here will proudly tell you they are "Lifers" and never intend to leave. Anyone who works there stays long enough to figure out they don't want to be a "Lifer" or they stay on until retirement.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Low pay and lack of motivation across company
Great Company
Medical Claims Examiner/Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 1, 2018
I really loved working at Mutual. I was laid of or I would still be there. I had wonderful managers and the work environment was very good. They always made sure we were comfortable at our desk. Great benefits.
Needed to change industries
Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15220February 28, 2018
Looking for a career with advancement, not real well trained, to laid back and good leads were always given to senior agents, and sold new agents bad leads,
Productivity in the workplace
Sales Compensation Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2018
Productivity and culture mix well in the workplace. FLEXIBILITY in a few departments is scarce. The workplace culture is a big theme in the MOO community. New innovations are made everyday.
All about the bottom line
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 26, 2018
From the very beginning of hiring the truth is not spoken at all about your contract and commission payout structure. It is very unprofessional from the start there is no formal training of any kind. So without good product knowledge and training the expectation is high to sell no matter what. Then you are faced with impartiality and unfair favoritism where some agents get good leads from management and others that are not liked get nothing
“Family” atmosphere, dedicated & genuine in maintaining a positive work environment.
Manager - Corporate Investigations (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2018
A great experience-good people, good leadership, excellent environment & culture. Mutual participated in all areas of community involvement, from supporting school activities, charitable organizations, & professional groups & organizations.
Pros
Outstanding place to work
Cons
Can’t think of any
Great Company to work with.
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 20, 2018
On typical day of work I process medicare payments. Fix errors and answer questions for staff. I was there go person when they need help on the system.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
n/a
See review below
Manager LTD Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 11, 2018
Mutual of Omaha was a wonderful place to work for the vast majority of my time. During the last six months of my employment, there was a profound management change that lead to the termination of several managers and officers. The business culture changed radically for the worse and people started leaving in droves. This was unfortunate and resulted in the loss of many years of proven leadership and dedicated employees who provided a high level of service and contributed to the company's profit line every year.
Pros
Former management was professional and lead by great example.
Cons
The work culture changed from professional to highly oppressive
Benefit Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2018
Great place to work - Management has a family culture attitude for such a large corporation.

They truly care about their employees and take many steps to ensure we are happy.

There are many opportunities for growth.

They consistently offer easily accessible training, so that we can stay current and provide a better customer experience. This is an ever changing industry.

The Leadership team is like nothing I have ever seen, they walk the walk!
Pros
Great culture!
Productive and fast paced
Associate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 9, 2018
This was a fast paced job. No two days were ever the same which was the best part of the position. I worked closely with my manager and enjoyed being able to help in special projects as needed. This was a position that required discretion due to the sometimes sensitive nature of the work. You were expected to arrive on time and be present and accountable for your work.
Pros
30 minute lunch break, accrued vacation time
Cons
Separation of office staff and advisors/agents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mutual of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight