Mutual of Omaha Employee Reviews

CondoCerts
Lead Data Specialist and QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2018
Any given day there was always prioritizing the daily functions to meet and exceed quality for both the Clients and Customer. Being able to create a trusted relationship with client's makes a great career.

Having a department team that supported everyone's schedule changes if the need arises added that personal touch to remove stress. It can give that needed boost to create a positive environment you would enjoy.

The hardest was having to say goodbye. I was unable to move out of state when the department moved.
Pros
A company supports it's community and takes pride in its employees.
Nice Company to Work For...
CUSTOMER CARE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2018
Nice company to work for, not too demanding depending on your dept. High turnover - overall enjoyed the experience, would apply again. Secure building, collaborative atmosphere.
Pros
Lunch area, environment
Cons
still an at will employer - not indispensable
Great Place to Grow
CUSTOMER CARE ANALYST I/SERVICE MATTER EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 13, 2018
Working with Mutual of Omaha is great experience. The culture of the company helps you to succeed not only for the company but for yourself as well. They have excellent benefits, and there is unlimited opportunity for growth.
Mutual of omaha
Compliance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
Good place to start your career with interesting work. Good work atmosphere as well. I like the location and lots of amenities in the office building is nice.
Agent
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 6, 2018
Very well household name. But lost intrest when they dropped USA Swimming.The bulk of my business drive and book of business was through this company support.
Very competitive and challenging. The work environment was exciting.
Disability Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 5, 2018
if I had not got into a car accident and broke both of my legs I would still have my position. I understand the pros and cons of having a job and getting injured without disability. At the end of the day neutral was a very fun and exciting place to work with great benefits and a great staff.
Pros
Great benefits and
Cons
The brakes were really short, and there was really no chance for advancement.
Employer
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 25, 2018
Mutual of Omaha is an excellent place to work. It was my dream job. I was so sad to have to relocate to the South. I would love to go back and work for this company in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.
Fantastic growth opportunity
Agent/Broker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The best part of working with Mutual of Omaha is the chance to really grow your business. I enjoy the flexibility and opportunity to really make a name for yourself.
Productive and efficient work place.
Building Operator Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68131September 16, 2018
Typical day would include going over the log book, monitoring, operating, and maintaining computerized controls, and responding to mechanical problems company-wide. It would also included recording boiler and chillers systems.
Pros
Lunches were included in your 8 hours.
Great company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WASeptember 14, 2018
Great company , great pay and great benefits. Great products and great people. Loved the company and would work for them again !!! Sold lots of products with access to others
Unprofessional work environment at the Tempe/Phoenix location
Treasury Implementation Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2018
I would never refer anyone to work for this organization. Upper management treat their employee's like they are beneath them. They don't care about your feedback, or your career path goals.
Pros
Monday through Friday job 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Cons
Management, unprofessional behavior is allowed.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2018
no review at this time I'm not interested in talking about my time at Mutual of Omaha overall the job was good just my branch manager was the issue working here.
Great company and my boss was the best ever
Commercial Real Estate Senior Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Mutual of Omaha Bank has a great benefit program. The team members are for the most part amazing individuals and very personable. There were a lot of layers of oversight.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No on boarding for new employees
If your are good at networking this is the job for you.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This opportunity is strictly sales. If you are good at finding potential future clients, and not infringing on their space, you might be successful at this position.
Pros
Flexible hours, you are 100% responsible for your success.
Cons
No job security, no income, unless you sell.
Great
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 3, 2018
Great company with good products. The jump statrt program for new agents helped me to switch to their team. It is a good company to work for and I lioked
Pros
money
fun place to work
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEAugust 27, 2018
Healthy working environment, everyone's opinion was valued. We had a great communication skill and everyone was on a same page. During slow days, we were given training for new skills.
Pros
free lunches, breakfast
Cons
no opportunity for growth
Life insurance sales
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2018
Great Life products, internal support and commission structure. As an independent agent you are operating your own agency, responsible for office space, purchasing of leads, sales & marketing.
Pros
freedom and unlimited income potential
Cons
1099 independent agent, no benefits, 100% paid commission.
Agent Life and health
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Ihaca NYAugust 23, 2018
This is not symbolic of the wild kingdom. No one trusts anyone and the products were not competitive. The only good product that sold was their health insurance.
Pros
offered an individual Health insurance plan.
Cons
no trust
Relaxed environment
Appointment and Licensing (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed being busy and there was a lot of work. The coworkers were very enjoyable and the atmosphere was calm and friendly. There were convenient places within the building for employees use, hair and nail salon, dry cleaner, and small convenience store.
productive, job oriented, customer based.
Sr. bank operation processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
day to day activity was not appreciated, no talking was allowed during work hours, cell phones were prohibited, I gained a lot of knowledge from my previous manager, it was untill new management came in that I didn't excel any further. the culture was progressing to a poing then it just went down hill, it was an easy job, management made it difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mutual of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight