Mutual of Omaha Employee Reviews

IS Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2019
Mutual is a friendly environment and has a great workplace culture. There is a lot of challenges to tackle and opportunities if you are up for it. The management team is good.
Pros
lunch place, challenging projects
Cons
Educational assistance could be better
Two different departments
Medicare Supplement Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 13, 2019
I worked in Medicare Supplement, as well as long-term care and disability.

Medicare supplement was much more stressful, with higher expectations. Direct supervisors seem passive aggressive, and did not treat temporary employees the same as permanent employees.
Nah
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 13, 2019
It was fit for me stressful
Face paced loved the people supervisor are amazing there was a big change there recently in the company that made a lot of people relocate
Pros
Lunch breaks benefits
Cons
Breaks face paced stressful
It was an enjoyable experience right out of college
Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2019
I would make sales presentations to potential clients, make cold calls, work leads, and phone calls. I was just out of college so the hardest part was developing leads and making cold calls.
Pros
Very Nice Environment
Cons
Pay Structure
Solid Omaha company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 11, 2019
Mutual of Omaha was a great place to work. The people were great. The management provided stability, direction, flexibility, and the guidance needed to do your job and advance.
Pros
People and management
Good working staff
Care Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoyed many years at Mutual. The medical unit was eventually sole to another company. Mutual did not assist staff during the transition.
All in all it was a good experience.
Good people there
Application Architect (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 6, 2019
The people there are good to work with. However, I don't know if they know what to do when I come to IT and product development. The environment was good.
Field Mentor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 5, 2019
not looking to bad mouth a company just looking for my next career path to be successful at. you can decide for yourself to work here or not. do not use my opinion
Execellent cutlure
GPS Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 30, 2019
My typical day is to come to work sign on to the computer and start your work flow for the day with assign task that you have. Process payment and research for the accounts that you have I work the san Francisco Ca, Austin Tx, and Boise ID areas
Pros
very relax
Cons
Need higher pay
Company with great training for employees
Supervising Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodward OKJanuary 21, 2019
Learning claims review was easily performed because of the great training programs offered to employees by the company. Success was easily obtained within the company. Enjoyable company to work for.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Very few advancement opportunities
Processed ACH files by data Entry on Pep+ FiServ System
ACH Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 15, 2019
Process files in the PEP+ FiServ System in 4 of 6 windows, and Files with No Company Id's, emailed to representative for original setup.
Entered Setup in FiServ CNS System for future processing.
Verified Collection Summary Report verification all files have been processed and balanced.
Verify Windows processed ahead to ensure all files are released or deleted are processed. 6 Windows are processed a day.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
One big open floor with other Departments
Investment department
First Vice President and Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2019
The regulation and restrictions made managing a portfolio challenging. I don't know what else to say but Indeed is requiring me to type more to meet a quota.
n/a
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 27, 2018
I loved my job at mutual of Omaha but definitely felt like that management was able to get away with retaliation. I was very pleased until I felt singled out by a specific manager.
Working for Mutal was EEhhh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 16, 2018
It i a very fast paced and stressful job. you are sent through training then after training you are thrown out on to the floor to either sink or swim you have very little help and if you get help you are sent to the manual on the computer to look up what you need for information. management says they care but at the same time they turn away from you too.
Good company to work for as long as your are a favorite of a manager
Claims Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 12, 2018
As long as you know that you are there to work and not make friends, you will be fine. Also keep in mind, you will be worked beyond your capacity. They claim to be understanding, but in reality, they are a business and they are in competition. So it's all about numbers, it doesn't matter how much stress they put on you.
Bank was great
AVP-Assistant Community Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
Opened branch, responsible for all staff, tellers, personal bankers, etc. balanced cash, customer service, monthly audits, went to quarterly meetings,.
Autonomy at the workplace
Vice President & Community Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2018
Each office had team autonomy which decreased the level of emotional exhaustion felt by individual team members. Teams worked as a cohesive unit. Everyone was on the same page about what to do with their independence, and it worked very well. The managers made sure there was enough structure and leadership in place to keep everyone supportive of the team’s goals.As the primary cheerleader managers could definitely make or break the foundation of the teams. The message from senior management was very supportive and until new management arrived it worked very well.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
It's fragile
Great opportunity
CUSTOMER CARE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 7, 2018
Great opportunity for growth and career advancement they strive to help you achieve your goals very diverse company a place I would definitely recommend for anyone trying to advance in the corporate industry
Decent place to work
Distribution Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2018
I was employed as a temp worker, hours are great and its pretty flexible, production environment can be stressful and there werent opportunities for temps to advance. pay is ok for a starting job but not enough for me to pay my bills, and unlike full time employees, temps could not get raises. also no benefits for temp workers. very casual culture and great people to work with in my experience
Pros
flexibility, relaxed environment
Cons
no benefits for temps
Love this place but I am stuck in my position
CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT- FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 3, 2018
I unfairly got stuck in this training position. I am the only train for the department and am often times tired, stressed due to lack of planning and communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mutual of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mutual of Omaha.

Powered by Comparably