MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search See all 1,110 reviews
Lots of good people that work there. Just minimal growth within the company
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 17, 2018
Adjusting to the split shift schedule was a challenge. I have children so it was difficult to accommodate school schedules as their is no set time to get off work. It varies daily
D.T.A. - Dont trust anyone
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 16, 2018
If you love working with snakes that will rather see you fail then this is the company for you. You cant trust anybody in your first 90 days everyone is lookking for you to mess something up and then they pounce all over you and show you the door
Great benefits, Pay extremely low
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 12, 2018
The training was excellent , however I will say that the turnover rate is extemely high, on top of the fact that the pay isn't enough to even take care of basic needs. You do get full benefits.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
low pay
slow pace not a lot going on as far as employee activities
Transit bus driver for the city of Santa Clarita (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 10, 2018
The work day was enjoyable with meeting customers and assisting them when needed. The customers made the day go by with ease because greetings they brought each day.
Pros
reasonable lunch breaks and meeting new people each day
Cons
low salary and bad management
Not worth it for the risks you take out there
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2018
The pay is min wage for driving in stressful Downtown Seattle and South Lake Union for one of the most valuable companies in the world. The safety manager preaches safety day and night but the company gives every driver a cell phone to communicate with dispatch and NOT once has he mentioned pull over to use the phone. Did common sense walk out the door with this guy, if you give your drivers a cell phone you know probably half are going to answer while the van is moving!! Terrible safety manager.

The drive cams are a joke, some are so sensitive you easily could get a red cam every other day or less just driving around the terrible run down streets of South Lake union, yet the company won't do a thing to remedy that. They know its something they could use against you. I have had 3 to 4 management people say the little Ford Cmax are too sensitive. Well get off your butt and do something about it because its unfair to the drivers who get dinged for just driving like a normal person.

And lastly the cheapest companies out there, SO many companies give part time employees pro rated benefits. This one NOT one dime of benefits and they prefer it that way, thats why so many routes are part time. I work for another transportation company one day a week and every year after the 1st year they pay me for 40 hrs of pay. Think about that one!

And lastly pay your people for driving in such a stressful area, no wonder one senior employee called it a puppy mill for all that employee turnover.
Pros
They do pay you I give them that.
Cons
My entire post
Productive and fun place to work
Buss Operator/utility worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 7, 2018
My overall day at work was busy and productive. I learned more about dealing with people, and being kind. I worked with people of all kind,race,gender,ethnicity.
The hardest part of the of job was very timely.
the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people.
Pros
payed vactions
Cons
fast paced
Good people
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 7, 2018
The job there is decent. It takes a while to advance because its by seniority and there are alot of drivers whos been there a long time and don't plan on leaving. The job is time sensitive so be on time for all your pick ups. The management for the most part is really good. Very nice and will work with you if your late or need time off.
The only reason I left is because the pay starts low and in the Seattle/ Redmond area it's hard to live on.
Pros
Nice people all around
Cons
Pay is too low
Ok Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 5, 2018
For the most part Great. Love the ppl I got a chance to work with. Fun. If you like ppl and like being a helping hand to someone and make their day. Thats the job for you
Pros
Flexable
Cons
to much work for lil pay
Great Place to Work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 1, 2018
Wish MV Transportation offered more money for the amount of risk the drivers take every moment they're on the job. Overall, its a friendly work environment and I'm thankful for the opportunity.
A great company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 30, 2018
A great company and people to work with. I wish I was able to have a set schedule. I am flexible, but it would be nice to know when you will be off, so that you can schedule your life accordingly.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
you do not know your work schedule from day to day
It was a good job but just not enough money
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLOctober 29, 2018
I would come in at 4am and would start my job check the bus and make sure that everything is in place and start my day by going to pick up clients from there work place or home
Pros
Have to pay for lunch
Cons
Not long break
Work, work and work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAOctober 27, 2018
Typical day starts at 5:30 and ends at 5:00. I have concerns about the maintenance and safety of the vehicles we drive. Management does not quite know what it is doing. They have a hard time keeping employees because of low pay and lackluster benefits.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Benefits and pay
no comments
Para transit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
MV Transportation was very male oriented. They followed procedures to the exact. All their procedures was based on a male model/environment.
They provide excellent training before you can drive their bus.
Pros
They always showed employee appreciation with free meals
Cons
Contractor uncertainty
Worst place tobwork
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYOctober 25, 2018
This company sucks big time. They deal with there employees through text messages.
You try to get a evening schedule they Dont want to oblige you.
You have a full time job dont seek a part time job with them.
You can't verbally communicate with the managers.
Very unpredictable.
Truly disgusting.
Pros
Cons
No managers
Good overall
Safety Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2018
There were many challenges on the job having over 140 drivers and senior management were good people, they just didn't always make the environment inviting for the lower managers. I enjoyed my role, but would have enjoyed it much more if senior management made better choices.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Poor management
Just not a good place to work
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 24, 2018
Mv is the worst place to work. They have no respect for the employees. They have no respect for the people that use mv for Transportation. They force the drivers to be mean and cruel to the passengers and when the passengers complain mv puts all the blame on the drivers!!!
Pros
I met some really nice people that rode with mv and we still keep in touch
Cons
You come home everyday with a broken heart
Childish
Bus Driver/ Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2018
Male trainer/ Drivers childish disrespectful one young trainer cussed passenger out talked about passangers Women trainers/Drivers very childish stuck up manly and very disrespectful to customers they talk about there personal life all day
Driving shouldnt be hard but they make it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
A typical day at MV consist of getting a van or bus, then having to wait for a new one cause your original vehicle is too broke down to drive. I had a van the actually had no brakes and they thought I was going to take that van out on the road. Pace and MV makes constant changes to your route, all while NOT informing you of the changes. Routes make no sense, and the dispatchers have no earthly clue about where certain streets are or how Chicago traffic works. Pace or MV do not care about the people they serve, all they care about is the money they get from the federal government. Not much of a work place culture cause you are by yourself most times and as a driver, those in office think of you as a second class citizen. Management is too busy going to Las Vegas with their friends there that they don't take care of the issues that are there. I learned from them is that they don't care if you really need to get somewhere, they just want you in their vans or buses so that they get paid. The ONLY thing I learned from them is that helping those who are mentally and physically disabled shown me that I am bless to being able to do things that others cant. But overall, if u are not in serious need of a job, don't even waste your time with them. They wont get better until they get rid of those horrible dispatchers, schedulers and GM. The safety team was cool, I will say.
Pros
I got to see a lot of the city of Chicago and that is it
Cons
No set schedule, work long hours without breaks, dispatchers and schedulers are the worst, low pay, management plays favorites
Ok
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 23, 2018
This is a company that is poorly managed and needs to have upper management to step in. They are a flash company that gives the appearance of support but it doesn't ever show.
Provided a needed service.
Part Time Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 23, 2018
Part time tripper provided much needed transportation for students to and from middle school and high school; especially in communities with no regular transit service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MV Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight