MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Found 1,185 reviews matching the search See all 1,188 reviews
Cool sometimes fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2019
I liked working there met didnt people and liked driving loved the company just didnt dig the different hours of work they didnt work with my kids schedule.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Unorganized Unfriendly Workplace
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 15, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of Pre-Tripping your vehicle then leaving yard and picking up clients and taking them to medical appoints shopping or work. Very high stress work not enough time to get from place to place not enough time given if person was in a wheelchair or scooter. Unrealistic time schedules clients constantly upset because they were pick-up or dropped off late. Dispatchers were unfair never got off at end of shift.
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
Poor management High stress constantly changing schedules lack of training
Just save yourself and work someplace else
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 13, 2019
Very poor management. As soon as they hire you it's only a matter of time before they find a reason to get rid of you. Long hours, dispatchers are rude and non productive. Nobody ever really knows what is really going on here. Any changes on your schedule, can't clock in, they won't even call you to notify you about it. You will just wake up 3am, drive all the way to them to make it to work at 4am, just for them to tell you that you have to see somebody that's not even on property grounds for another 4 or 5 hours, and you should go home. Direct deposit takes forever to be set up, and you might not get paid on time alot here. That cell phone reimbursement, don't expect it for months. There is no 500 dollar sign on bonus. The vehicles are in poor condition. They really don't care too much about their employees unless you play their childish games. Very similar to high school, but then again that might even be a compliment for them. If you come from more professional environments and just need some cash to stay afloat until you get a better situation, that's the only plus side about it. Not a place to get too comfortable at.
Pros
The pay is okay i guess
Cons
Poor management, hard to get a schedule that works for you, false promises
Team work
Director of Finance, Southwest (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMarch 11, 2019
MV has the most devoted employees and drivers. The owners treat every level of employee with respect. The industry is lean and employees are hard working. I came away with friends for life.
Pros
Work place camaraderie
Cons
Lean administratively and operationally
Hands on Learn as you go
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2019
There are a lot of pros and cons for working at MV and it all depends on what division. The current division I’m at management seems as if they don’t care. The drivers do whatever they want and get away with it which as a dispatcher makes your job harder.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Health Insurance, Lack of Management Support
Level C Tech (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 10, 2019
This is a great place to work. Great pay and great people. They go through general managers quite a bit. Management is a little weird over there, but my co employees and supervisors were great. I looked forward to coming to work everyday as a mechanic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Weird management
Not very good place to work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 10, 2019
No real training, no real help, leave you in a meeting office by yourself and noone interacts with you. Never got the real training needed nor did I ever get an office or equipment to be successful.
It was a different experience every day, and allowed independednce during the work day.
Para transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDMarch 9, 2019
I enjoyed working for MV as a driver and would work there again, but part time. The people I worked with were supportive and helped me when I had problems understanding or completing a difficult task. The job could be dangerous if safety rules were not adhered to. I liked the fact that the drivers were paid if we did not pick up any customers during our shift, such as on holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Pros
Independednce, free, paid training, and paid for uniforms.
Cons
I worked in inclement weather and the vehicles were not always heated or air conditioned.
Worst company ever
Para Transit driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2019
This company could care less about the employees. Turn around by employees is the worst I have ever seen .Management treated us like slaves no input was taken ( do what I say or get fired ) . Some of the people were nice but as a whole not a career job if you need money ok if you're looking for a career go some where else.
Pros
Can make a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
It's a great start to earn mt
Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2019
I liked working here it was a great start to helping others. The training was very helpful. The training team did a fantastic job. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys driving
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Pay too low for amount of work
Only work here if you have to
Ground Laborer (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMarch 2, 2019
Mv is depressing a lot of handicapped persons with disabilities wheel chairs and long hours.The best thing is driving and nice clients who actually thank you
False advertising
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2019
GUARANTEED OVER TIME - This company states that there is guaranteed over time when that is *NOT TRUE* new full time and senior drivers are not even guaranteed 40 hours a week and there in NO STAND BY PAY. . This company is constantly accepting new drivers... training classes are in session everyday. New drivers are expecting to work full time hours and are only getting part time hours. If you are looking for full time work you are not going to get it at this company. They are over staffed with drivers and are unable to guarantee hours to all drivers.
Pros
20 hourly pay
Cons
There are no full time hours ... No overtime hours
Not a good organized place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Hours and training inconsistent, management didn't care about you just their paychecks, they have buddy systems regardless if you are new or not. They treat newcomers badly, they speak badly to each other but you can't take it personally. In short this company is not a good solid company to work for.
Public Transportation
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2019
The company does not provide adequate training for management positions. The hours were long because of always being short staffed. No support when team needed it.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance
Bad Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, UTFebruary 23, 2019
Only worked there because I couldn't find another driving job that didn't put me over the road with my CDL. I would never go back and would never refer anyone.
Driving
Class B Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2019
It was a decent job. The other drivers were nice to talk too, I learned a lot more from drivers than dispatch. They overwork but that's a good thing if you don't have a life outside of work. Great pay for someone 25 and under
Cons
barely get breaks, dispatch is rude, management takes customer word over the employee
What I learned
Para-Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 20, 2019
Take everything like a grain of salt enjoy it. Don't take everything so seriously. The hardest part of the job is the computers that try to tell you how long you should take to get to your destination.
Productive and fun
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2019
So many different things you could do here to start off a career . The people are friendly and full of spirit managers are always on top of there job.
Extremely unprofessional!
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDFebruary 18, 2019
Had training for one day and never came back. Only get one day off, and don’t even bother getting sick or hit by a car, you’re basically done. Super unprofessional co workers (it was like a jungle in there) and unorganized as well. The first day there I heard others complaining about the drama and management. You can’t balance your personal life with this job. You basically have to live to work. DON’T DO IT!!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Basically everything else.
A decent, friendly place to work
Fleet Maintenance Technician B (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 16, 2019
As a fleet technician, it was a pretty relaxed environment for me because 90 percent of the fleet was new and still under warranty. I was allowed to work independently had my set list of scheduled tasks to perform.
The insurance there was way too expensive for me because of high premiums and ridiculous deductibles.that is what made it too expensive for me to maintain my CDL and my position. So I resigned.
Pros
Set work hours with the only overtime being emergencies with fleet.
Cons
medical requirement made it too difficult and expensive to retain employment there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MV Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MV Transportation.

Powered by Comparably