MV Transportation Employee Reviews

F&@k unions
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 16, 2018
Hated the place due to unions protecting seniority and new people like me getting the scraps of the litter that no one wanted. I had 0 benefits working full time 36 hours weekly.
Pros
Starter company
way below scale wages
driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 13, 2018
A typical day at work includes forced overtime with no notice due to lack of drivers because they do not want to pay the drivers, causing the drivers hardships such as missed appointments which is very costly
Cons
denied vacations no livable wage
Fun, Great Coworkers,Terrible management, unstable transit
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 11, 2018
Not the place to work MV Transportation is unfair and do not pay what you deserve. I was fired for going to the hospital with chest pains this place is horrendous.
Mv transportation division 200 compton yard is boloney . Don't waste your time
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
This particular division/bus yard can not keep drivers, based on poor communication, unfair pay, favoritism, and unprofessionalism. You are just a number to them. Youll be better off getting the free training to receive your class B CDL
Pros
Overtime, free training, benefits
Cons
No lunches, unfair pay, favoritism, unprofessional
Can't trust managment
Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 10, 2018
Buses are always breaking down for misc. reasons, you can write up a vehicle for same issues but do not get resolved as they should, polices are to fit the management and little to no-one else. No real pride in the daily operations! Cannot get a day off seemingly and the attendance point system they have is ridiculous. Management is always absent in one way or another. It is very hard to get any breaks in while operating these vehicles! If you have any appointments that need to kept, GOOD LUCK! Revolving door there, can't keep drivers, mechanics etc.
Pros
Passengers for the most part. (keep it entertaining)
Cons
Short to NO breaks. not rewarded for keeping schedule.
Not a great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
Management is terrible. They only cared about getting seats filled in order to get clients picked up. Lack of motivational skills.. No incentives.passengers were great. Company not very good to work for. Managers were terrible.
Driving a bus.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 9, 2018
I only think its good they help you get your CDL but the hours are long. the buss was old. Long routes, long hours, low pay. Only the people that been working there for over 4yrs get the good routes.
It was okay
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 8, 2018
It was Okay I liked my job. I just had a problem so they let me go. Other then that it was a good job. I would recommend it to me friends. if they wanted to drive.
Learning Experience
Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2018
Always have room to grow. Take training to another level. Be leader not a follower.
Bullying is not the answer. There always someone to talk to. Never let no one change who you are.
great place to work
Bus operator/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 5, 2018
I wish management listen more to employee in recommendation, and make the opportunity for season veteran operator to be promoted as a supervisor with at least close to there salary and not a staring pay of a new employee. there is no incentive for a veteran who wish to be a supervisor and we have so much knowledge to pass on but we find our self not giving one. I believe that need to change.
Cons
more option with heath care not only one
unknown
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 5, 2018
This location is staffed 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The turn over rate is consistent and the internal communication is a work in progress.
Like working with the people
Paratransit Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2018
The job involves transporting disabled and elderly people to and from doctor appointments, stores, church, etc.

I have learned to be more sensitive to people with disabilities.

The management needs improvement in working with their employees.

The culture of the workplace is slow-placed and friendly.

The hardest part of the job is finding the addresses of the clients and finding out when you arrive they do not want to go.

I enjoy helping people with their transportation needs.
Pros
Seeing parts of Phoenix I did not know existed.
Cons
An aggressive passenger.
paid the bills
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
mv was alright at frist then management changed and it went down hill no advancement will probale work for them again in the future i heard management has changed again
Pros
paid the bills
Cons
no advancements
Great job
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Largo MarylandJuly 2, 2018
If I could go back I would it quite cool and fun if u ask me the staffing is exactly and everyone get along wit each other the pay was good on top of the paid sick leave
speaking with clients was fun and interesting
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 1, 2018
Answering the phones was mainly what the main of this job and quite interesting; booking the clients trip and sometimes a few elder clients call I believe just to speak to everyone because they was alone. Call volume at the end the day can become constant but it wasn't bad
Pros
Nearby mall
Cons
Mangement
a typical day at work
Administrative Assistant / HR / Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJune 30, 2018
I enjoyed my job but management was not the best. There was too much favoritism going on that allowed employees to get away with bad work ethics. But I did enjoy what I did.
Gotta Understand Kids
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 29, 2018
This is a good place to work if you can drive and handle students at the same time. They provide paid training and help you obtain required licenses. I would work there again someday.
Much needed job
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2018
My day consists of good customer service, interacting with the drivers, scheduling,routes to go out, I've learned that trust and patience are the key to being successful on the job, the work culture could be better. The hardest part of the job is dealing with co-workers that don't know how to communicate with each other, the most enjoyable part I guess would be being able to help out in any situation.
Pros
Its a stable job
Cons
Lack of organization/ structure
hardworking company
driver (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 29, 2018
is a very laid back company long as you work as a team to get the job done...everyone plays there role. some days are hectic but at the end of the day our clients get to their appointments in time
stressful, no day off.
Customer service, Interpreter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2018
MV Transportation is a stressful environmental to work with, you always received a heavy phone call daily, MV don't offer benefit for the first year or rate you at all. The staff always short, It is very hard for you to take a day off, even though requested in advance.
Pros
Cons
health care, day off