MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,063 reviews matching the search See all 1,064 reviews
this is a wonderful place to work
Scheduling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDSeptember 19, 2018
A great job for advancement. It provides tons of growing opportunities. Its friendly workplace . Often fast paced but easy to manage. I would recommend this place.
Stress and disapointment
Passenger Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 18, 2018
I liked the customers that I drove, but the county the company had the contact with had outrageous demands on the drivers. They would scheduled multiple stops at the same time that where on opposite sides of town from each other. I was barely allowed to say anything to my customers and I was let got for "being nice" to my customers.
Pros
I got to learn the Coon Rapids area better.
Cons
I was extremely stressed and depressed
Poor work ethics
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 18, 2018
Issues are not addressed, most of the buses are not in good working conditions at all, no one wants to make better decisions for the employees, very little to no benefits are offered.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Buses are unsafe to drive, no benefits, to little pay
Great experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Nice place to learn how to schedule trips for disabled clients. Really nice system set up. You can alot working there as well as from yout co-workers.
Pros
Nice place to learn
Cons
Need a longer lunch break
Productive and great atmosphere
Paratransit Vehicle Operator/Lead Monitor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Great transportation company to work for. They care about their employees, their regards to life and many more things! MV is a company that is always willing to work with u. I just really liked this job(health reasons due to departure).
Meh
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2018
Its a good starter job, but is almost impossible to get paid a competitive wage. Benefit packages suck. New leadership group is more about the bottom line that the happiness of employees. Used to be a great company to work for 10 years ago when they actually cared.
Training was the part of working
Dispatcher Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day after training to sit and receive calls helping customers with their trips reschedule or cancel. I helped locate the customers trip driver via GPS.
Management to busy
workplace culture friendly
hardest part of the job was starting to work then a manager will move you to another area can't clean the phone .
Pros
training
Cons
Moving from place to place using phones without cleaning them
Paratransit Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2018
being a paratransit driver is a hard job at times but i enjoy goign all over NYC.
Helping people and enjoying seeing the city is the highlight of every day i come to work at MV......
Long hours , but I look forward to the sights of the city and some nice people i will encounter while doing this job... i love helping people
Pros
seeing the five boroughs helping people
Cons
no weekends off, cut throat atmosphere
Terrible Management,Low Pay,Expensive worthless benefits,unreliable equipment
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 10, 2018
This company is ansolutely terrible the management is completely rude. This company fired me for going to the hospital with chest pains mid-shift they are lucky I even made it to work that day. They refused to drop me off at the hospital and made me go back to base to wait for a ride to the hospital because I told them I can't afford an ambulance ride. They have very unreliable equipment I had multiple problems with the vehicles they provided. I have had to wait for hours to be rescue due on a 110degree day and my brakes also had failed and they wanted me to keep driving. The benefits are expensive and cover very little. They so offer a discount on home and auto but they couldn't beat my current insurance provider. I would never recommend this place except to get your Cdl and leave after training.
Pros
Get Paid while getting your CDL B
Cons
Management, Unreliable Equipment, Benefits, Discounts
Driver (Former Employee) –  United, PASeptember 9, 2018
This job was very fast paced. Enjoyed the social gatherings. Met a lot ofpeople. Met a lot of elderly with special needs. Heard a lot of wisdom stories and suggestions. Company a a medium turn over. Men and women drove thr Cct buses.
Pros
Pizza day
Cons
Pretzel day
Coach Operator
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CA 92058September 7, 2018
This is a job to make money. If you love driving then you will enjoy this job. Just keep in mind that Mv is a strict job. Very stressful. Would not recommend as a Career opportunity.
Pros
Recognized, Benefits, a job
Cons
Stressful, Micromanagement on everything. Anything is considered a accident .
Mv transportation
Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
This company is ok but you will have to expect a lot of unexpected things. You never get off the time you are scheduled to get off but overall the job is ok
Good Company Fair Pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cary NcSeptember 5, 2018
Good pay. I have been with MV in Cary NC for 5 plus years. Great Coworkers New GM is fair. Training at MV good they give you all you need to know to be successful. Fast pace. Dispatch on the other hand needs some improvements. Overall I'm a happy Driver and see myself at MV for many years to come.
Pros
Great company Good pay. Union
Cons
Dispatchers don't have a clue. Lack of skills
Very Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 5, 2018
The company is very disorganized and only concerned about making a profit. They allow employees to be over worked and poorly compensated for the amount of work that is demanded.
nothing
Class B CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 4, 2018
They work you hard and do not care about you at all. The pay is low and lots of stress all day long. You do help the seniors which is a good thing about he job.
Pros
Helping seniors
Cons
stress no down time low pay hard work union
Productive in the workplace.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 31, 2018
Was a Good place to work. Provide services in transportation to the community and to the senior community. Transport passengers to their destination and back.
working for MV
Driver (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 30, 2018
Some days it could be intense and other days relaxed it all depended on what route you drove for that day. I believe if you like driving for a living than MV is the place to be.
Good opportunity to obtain your CDL B
Detour Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Thankful for the opportunity to obtain my Class B commercial license. Good with overtime, the pay is way to low for city transportation. Needs a overhaul in management
I enjoy my job here I just want to be close to home
Driver (Current Employee) –  Donora, PAAugust 27, 2018
I drove a fixed route driving through different cities picking up passengers and taking them shopping or to work or to any appointments they had . I also trained new drivers on all of the different types of routes .I dealt with the public on a daily basis.
Very busy agency and new projects.
Safety and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 24, 2018
This is a very busy agency with a well known company. The agency provides great service to a large county para-transit provider. All managers are very skilled in their areas and helpful.
Pros
You will never be bored here.
Cons
Long hours and must work on the week-ends.