MVD Express

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Hostile work environment

Toxic work environment to say the least! You are expected to know everything before your probationary period is even over. There is an excessive amount of information to remember and if you forget, be prepared for management to treat you like you’re stupid in front of your peers. The environment was hostile, micromanaged, and the management was down right disrespectful. The employees are wonderful and supportive, but management acts like they are better than everyone else and it makes for a very uncomfortable learning experience. Highly do not recommend working here.

Pros

Friendly employees, pay

Cons

Disrespectful Management

Poor management

The call center experience is a negative from me. There was only one tenured agent- rude & not helpful. The upper managers do not support or train at all- the company cannot find a manager for the call center. There were high expectations & minimal communication about the do’s & don’ts. The area was tiny, it looked like a closet. Dark & weary. The calls taken were very tedious after a short while

Pros

Hrs worked 745-600

Cons

No management

Great coworkers but the management is trash

I loved my peers, but the management they brought in didn't know how to do their own job or help out in their own deparment and would only go to lunch meetings.

Pros

Free food sometimes

Cons

Don't work here if you value your sanity

There are people who get mad at the MVD. It can be difficult to explain what documents customers need to bring. The missing documents cause them to rage. Coworkers are unhelpful. Not recommended.

Pros

It's not door-to-door sales

Cons

Toxic work environment

Hit or Miss

I've worked there for over 2 years and finally left. The office staff and on site manager made it bearable. However, management and higher-ups does not appreciate any agents. The agent (customer service representative) is the front line worker. Constantly being yelled at on the daily from the public due to missing documents or systems errors. Protocol is set by the government and must be followed to a T, just like all employers but people don't seem to understand that and unfortunately take it out on you. You are expected to apologize and it can get to the point of physical confrontation. The actual job is not hard once you actually get the hang of it, usually take about a month to a month 1/2 for actual self efficiency progress. The atmosphere is the killer while working here. And if there are, for example, about 10 people waiting to be seen 10 minutes before closing and another 5 walk-in before closing time, it's obligation to attend to everyone. Average process times are 10-15 minutes per transaction but usually everyone has more than one transaction to do. Transactions do vary on time but that is the expected process time here. The pay is way below average and the stress and complications that come with the job are free of charge!

Pros

Great office team and Manager

Cons

Short breaks, angry and rude customers, under appreciated environment

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

I Went For 1 Day And Never Went Back

Pay is a joke. Benefits is a joke. No retirement, they only pay a percentage of the employee only coverage. So having a kid means you better hope you qualify for Medicaid, or its like hundreds of dollars out of your already too low paycheck. You could not work here and support a family. I have a lot of call center experience, was surprised they don't pay extra for experience since its required to work in their call center. Work at any other call center in town where at least you can work from home and make like $5 more an hour. Pay for being bilingual is barely anthing. 50 cents. I haven't made less than $12 an hour since I was like 16 years old. I thought it was a New Mexico thing since Im new to the area, but no, plenty of other call centers in town paying way way more. Wait for one of them to call you where you don't have to wait weeks for your background to come back to start work and make more money. Ridiculous.

Pros

Interviewers were nice, not there fault they work for garbage

Cons

pay benefits its not work from home they expect you to answer calls with a mask on

Worst Company To Work For!!! Don't Apply!!!

This is one of the worst companies to work for. Management is incompetent, work hours are long, you only get a 30 min lunch and that's only when they feel like giving it to you. They say they promote within the company but hire from outside the company. You will never get out on your scheduled time, pay really sucks for everything they expect of you, and the customers are rude. This company doesn't care about you as a person but just that you make them money.

Pros

Vacation pay

Cons

There's so many cons about this company, too much to list!!!

Break room, ability to choose your lunch break. Coworks

Management is completely incompetent. The amount of confidence they have is not equal to their knowledge of the task at hand They are all so cliquey and let their favorite employees get away with fraud among other things. HR is somewhat respectful but does not follow through with their word. Pay could be better for the work load. Just hope you don't get put at a busy location!

Pros

Insurance benefits

Cons

Everything but insurance benefits

Horrible place to work

First, you will NEVER get a raise. They speak of “promotions” but they only hire people on the outside for Lead/Management so don’t ever expect to be promoted no matter how much they mention it. Second, you NEVER get out at your scheduled time, plan to be there an extra 30-60 minutes for every shift, with no break. Third, if the Customer does not plan on doing a transaction and pulling out their wallet but more seeking information on License/Titles, If you help them plan on getting backlash. They claim they “appreciate” the employees.. you WILL be used for as long as they need you. I’m Simply stay away from this company, I’ve worked for many places and this is by far the WORST company to waste your time and efforts too. If you are still thinking about applying here, I highly recommend on applying at MVD Now. They pay 2-3 dollars more. They truly do appreciate their employees more and seem to be more professional in the States eyes as well.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid, short staffed, not appreciated, rude managers, operations

Wasn't for me

Training isn't long enough. Customers yell and scream at you all day. The hourly pay is not enough for the work you have to do and the hostile environment. On your downtime, they except you to become a maid and scrub the office down.

Pros

Non

Cons

Pay, Training, Management

Terrible for your mental health

There's way too much stress for not enough pay. You get screamed at by customers multiple times as week for things that aren't your fault. Management offers little support for short staffed stores. You're only allowed to use your PTO. If you need a single day off, unpaid, it's based off of the "company's needs". So if you run out of PTO, you're out of luck. And if you're like me, and go to therapy regularly, management asked me "how long are you going to be going to therapy for?" Because she didn't want to keep working around my ONE afternoon that I needed a week.. Also don't expect to have a social life.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Management, stressful

Fun workplace

This place really changed my life I was down bad with no job met a guy from here who refered me and ever since I been working here thanks for giving me a chance.

Pros

Fun workplace

Cons

Hard work

Worst company to work for

Don’t work here they’re unorganized and will be moving you from store to store. They will try to do anything to fire you. Call center has special privileges and you will never see anyone get fired from there.

Cons

Short breaks, rude managers and operations managers

Poor management

The hiring process is decent, human resources act in a very professional and respected manner. However once you get to the actual cite you realize how unorganized and unprofessional managers and leads are: There is major gossip and staff in management pay too much attention to it which I found extremely improper. Another thing is almost everyone there wants to boss you around, even the new employees. You are also expected to be doing lots of cleaning (yes thatincludes toilets and mess from others in brake room), which takes away so much from your training. In my opinion some customers were treated harshly, especially when they had already waited hours to be seen. I am sympathetic of others therefore I found it to be an uncomfortable work environment. If you enjoy providing good customer service support and a non toxic environment this won't be for you.

Fun and friendly culture that makes you truly feel you are part of a team!

I thoroughly enjoy working at MVD Express. The CEO cares deeply for each and every employee. MVD Express is an awesome company to work for and I am excited to be part of the team.

Pros

Awesome dress code, pay, and benefits

Cons

This is a company who cares! Fun all paid outings, employee support, possibility of advancement, and great training.

If you enjoy a job that leaves you with a sense of accomplishment this is the job for you. I started with this company with zero experience in motor vehicle processes. I had a great support team to help me with all of the processes. Note-attention to detail is very important. I am definitely a people person and this job has allowed me to feed that need!!I love the way our team works together to get our tasks done, team work is also very important. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow MVD Express!! Thank you for all of the fun events that my family has been able to enjoy, movies, 25th Anniversary blow out at Explora, and food.I also want to thank the owner for caring about us while we were on furlough and for bringing us back. We received extra money in our checks and now HERO PAY.....Woot Woot!

Pros

Learn new things, team work, fun company events, food, benefits and life insurance.

Great place to work in... for the most part.

I love this company. I would have stayed on it forever had I had the chance but my life situation changed and I had to move. My new location didn't allow me to keep the job so that's it. Currently there are harsh times and they show, the company does the best to accommodate for both the customers and the employees but most days, at the end of the day it feels like the day would never end. Long hours (with fantastic overtime I might add), lack of opportunities to plan days off due to lack of staff (no one wants to work in an economy that gives you an extra $600 to be unemployed) and excess of customers (currently New Mexico has plenty of State DMV offices closed to the public) but none of those are the company's fault, they are doing what they can with what has been given to them.One thing I do have to pick a bone with the company is the wage disparity, some people make more money than other, even in the same position with the same experience and qualifications, and it's not like the employees asked for more, they were just given more or less for unknown reasons. If you work here do yourself a favor and ask other people how much money they make, you might be surprised.

Pros

Benefits, Life Insurance, Overtime, Pto, Healthy work environment, Plenty of training.

Cons

Short breaks, lack of options to use PTO, Sometimes mandatory Overtime.

Do not do it!

They had us working 9 hours a day without any breaks! No lunch, no breaks. The Commercial division where I worked is way behind due to COVID-19 & take it out on their employees! Very micro managed & an enormous amount to learn for such low pay!

Pros

Nothing!

Cons

No breaks - not even lunch at Commercial Division.

Customer service

The training was helpful but when you get to the site there are something that they didn’t train you for. Good thing the site I was working the manager was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Don't do it

They won't train you and the demand you to be perfect. Not good management. If you get sick and don't go be sure that they'll write you. The company is first and then the employee. Don't do it!

Work somewhere else

Feels like high school all over again. The people who work their are all bullies with cliques. If you ask questions because you need help, they treat you like your dumb and talk behind your back. Rarely gets lunches and get 40 hrs a week. Only positive side is that the latest you'll be their is 630 pm to have somewhat of a life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MVD Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5