MVM Inc Employee Reviews

Very strict
Linguist/Translator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2019
You have to be mexican to do the job, period.
If after 72 hours you don't know the Mexican slang you are out, without a warning!!!!!!!
Pretty harsh...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very strict
Worst interview process ever
Linguist (Former Employee) –  VAMarch 11, 2019
Worst hiring process. Many of the documents that they ask to be filled are sent via regular email. It is weird that a company, who works with sensitive cases (Federal government cases), does not care about the sensitivity of the information (of the applicant) that they are receiving by not encrypting emails. They lost the documents I sent them a few times, asking me to send them again. On top of that, the person who was helping me in the process changed a few times (so different recruiters made me start again). If this is how they treat you during the hiring process, I don't want imagine how will it be when officially working with them. I applied for a similar company and it took me 3 months in total (with security clearance and all) to get cleared. With them, it has been 6 months and we have not even started the security clearance process. We were just "correcting" the application. So if I were you, I would reconsider my job application.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
worst company, culture, horrible management
Great caseworkers!
Volunteer Mentor/Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 5, 2019
When i was there i was a student volunteer, i was an assistant to 2 case managers for MVM, i loved working with them, it was the executive director that didn't like me being there. Could have been a difference in opinion. I feel like she was intimidated by me because i executed every task she gave me ahead of time and better then she expected, i am good at what i do and i applied those skills to my job.
Pros
amazing case managers
Cons
hostile treatment from director
Okay place to work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 5, 2019
MVM, Incorporated was a good in-between-jobs place to work. The staff was friendly and supportive. There was room for advancement. The location was good, near restaurants which made it convenient for getting lunch.
fast paced environment
TS-Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2019
This is a very interesting job and I learned a lot from my duties on the field and my colleagues. I really enjoyed working there, always on the run, Great Team!
Pros
Excellent pay. Work is fun, interesting and passionate.
Cons
Always on call, work is as needed basis.
Honesty pay for a hard days work
Analytical linguist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2019
Overall good company to work for. Very demanding compared to other companies of the same nature. Seems more fair to new employees than other companies. Upper management attempts to micromanage day to day activities. It seems upper management does not have the best interest of the it's employees.
Pros
Great pay. Work is fun and interesting.
Cons
Always on call, work is as needed basis. Uppermangament seems detached from actual needs of the office and client.
In general the company is good but the administration in P.R.is no good .There not prepared professionally for the administrative services that are in
PSO (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 27, 2019
The work plsce is good the company in some times is no good
Cons
Mvm inc will provide the hours that you wish to have. Its not a hard job to have, you wil be provided with good training and a great team to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2019
Mvm inc is a good company to work for. You will have a great team to work with and will be provided with all the hours that you wish to have, good benefits and you can work the days that you wish to work.
Good job overall
Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2019
The job of security of the federal courts is very important, but not very challenging sometimes. It can be very mundane and slow paced. I prefer to be challenged more that this job allowed.
Pros
good pay for what you do and job security
Cons
rather boring work
Excellent place to work
Guard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 1, 2019
Over 2 years with the company and it have been and awesome experience. They take care of their employees and have a lot of career opportunities. Best job I have had
extremely incompetent management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 30, 2018
This company is run by two families that are over promising but underachieving i would highly recommend that you never work for this company or waste your time here. Not when there is so many jobs in Northern Virginia.
Cons
extremely incompetent management and leadership
Confromnting with every day different issues to solve and learn
Armed Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRDecember 22, 2018
Every day supervision duty, related with what's happened during my visit's at post, any relates news, problems or differences occurred, PSO been inspected for proper company rules standards. question PSO about post orders and improvements.

My hardest part of the job is to maintain the PSO 's to obey the Company rules and procedures.

My enjoyable part of the Job is the every day challenge and problem solving situations given me a satisfaction that the work was properly
manageable with success
Pros
avility to learn and apply my skills and experience
Cons
Contracts only last 5 years at a time
Professional
Linguist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 17, 2018
This is a serious company with many happy employees and many career advancement opportunities Employees are well trained and professional with diverse backgrounds and skills
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Schedules can change at any time
FORCED overtime
Linguist/Translator (Current Employee) –  Pacific NorthwestDecember 9, 2018
When on assignment you complete 40 hours and then some. Reimbursement for travel expenses is a perk. Being paid per diem is great, as long as it is the full amount set by the GSA versus half.

MVM cares about the numbers, wanting to show productivity is one thing. But using fear tactics to make an employee take time out of actual productive time to demonstrate this is not constructive. Let the work speak for itself. If a client is unhappy, MVM will be sure to know.

Micromanagement will only harbor resentment, being constantly badgered by remote supervisors through a busy shift is not the way to go. If there is a site supervisor, pay them to submit the numbers, outside of federal time, not during a shift.

MVM should consider employee morale, if not for the sake of employees, then for MVM's own reputation. While it may seem cost-effective to force employees to work an entire assignment without a day off, in the long run the work product will suffer and create high turnover as employees burn out. Remember that linguists are people, not robots.
Pros
Working lunches, decent hotels, fast-paced exciting job.
Cons
Too much time being badgered to enjoy your job, no days off to decompress, fear tactics used accross the board.
Love it
DATA ANALYST FEDERAL CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 4, 2018
Great working environment . Hour lunches , Great management. No leave until a year of employment . Also great people to work with . Non problematic..
Pros
Cons
no leave
Productive and easy facility to be a part of as a security officer.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 25, 2018
Social Security Administration Office is a great facility to work for. The employees are for the most part always in compliance with the procedures of security. The hardest part of the job is being micro-managed everyday, as if you do not know your job or haven't been trained. Days working runs pretty smooth with the exception of maybe a few incidents with employees but that's pretty normal behavior in this type of facility housing thousands of employees. The security position where is very good. There is also room for some advancements also.
Pros
Some advancements
Cons
no lunch break unless you worked over 7 hours. one 10 minute break
Hostile Environment
Transport Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
The company is a good company to work for, this particular contract's local managers lack leadership skills and are known for pitting employees against each other and creating a hostile working environment.
Cons
20+ hour workdays, threats with regards to scheduling, no room for advancement
Personal protection agent
Personal protection agent (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 7, 2018
Its a great company to work for. They will get you the training you need to perform you duties, and certifications as well. Great team of employees, and management.
Fast passed
Bilingual Travel Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2018
This is a great position for someone who enjoys a fast passed work environment and who do not mind traveling for long periods of time. The only downfall to this is that you do not have a set schedule and it is not consistent.
Happy
Spanish Analytic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2018
Mvm is a rewarding place to work
I’m hopy bout where I work. The pay is excellent and they do post positions that you can apply for if you would like to apply.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everyone gets paid the same. Whether you’ve been there ten here or 2 days