MVM Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive work place
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 19, 2018
Excellent trainings nice work environment and continuous Shooting certifications (every 6 months) for your file. The difference to work in a company with a federal contract is the requirements in the certifications and trainings
Upper Management is horrible
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDJuly 17, 2018
The site pretty much runs itself. Upper Management just makes it difficult and they do not have the workers back. If upper management was better working here would be great. No room for advancement.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No job security
Asst Shift Supervisor/Asst Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced environment that requires your full attention some sites require you to scan id cards along with patrolling certain areas of the property you are assigned to.
hardest part of work
Secuity Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2018
I remember when it was times that I can to work and ny day was great I love the people I worked with, but I didn't like the time when I had to arrest a young lady for carrying a knife to school but I had to do my job.
Nothing good to say
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 6, 2018
Upper managers/corporate level often worked against lower level managers, a great deal of dissension among managers both on-site and at corporate level
Cons
Most Employees don't belong in this company
Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2018
Fast-paced environment. But the difficult of the this position is dealing with fellow employees. Some are teachers day care workers that been with the company for awhile (1yr+) but make a lot of mistakes, take short cuts, lazy, and no team work at all. The work should be split in both parties but most of time just one employee is doing the most of the work load, I'll say 70-30%. And still get paid the same. Whole bunch of know -it -all's but can't write own name on paperwork. Employees always complaining, griping, but they can't follow instructions themselves. I enjoy working here but would like to have some recongnition of some sorts, employee of the months, because despite of some bad employees there are some that are excellent well rounded outstanding employees. This job is not for everyone, if u are used to of being home and having a night life then nope, but if u want to travel and make money come on board.
Pros
Travel Cash 401k
Cons
Can't plan a day, always on call, no work recongnition
Horrible management
Unarmed Guard (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2018
Management is the worst I have ever been under. They put people in positions because they are friends. You do not want to work for this company. They pay is great but the stress is high.
great job
Federal Government Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 15, 2018
great place to work. A typical day at work is being very observant and perform duties as required. Continued learning to be very observant in this type of work.
nice company but terifying management at that time
Unarmed Access Control/Security officer (Former Employee) –  Bayview BaltimoreMay 10, 2018
The company was a great company but the management was terrible, The Project manager at that time was not good. Discrimination was more than one could describe.
Back Stabbers
FSO (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 9, 2018
They will look you in face, smile, be nice to you and as soon you leave the room, they are cutting you down. They don't always give you a review and when they do, they often talk about the things that you did wrong more than 2 years ago. It is an aweful company to work for.
Pros
Cons
MVM as a whole.
great experience
Project Manager, IC Global Services (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 6, 2018
They were very flexible gave me an apartment and a car for work while on the east coast. I was able to make my own schedule and work my own hours.

they helped me accelerate my career
Poor management
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 30, 2018
Lack of communication causes a lot of stress on employees. Administration needs major changes. Over work employees. Pay is well, but because of the hours people work, a raise should really be implemented.
Average work day
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 30, 2018
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment.
• Obtains help by sounding alarms.
• Completes reports by recording observations information and occurrences.
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
My time with MVM
Logistics/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 25, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at MVM. I have nothing bad to say about the company. The management team very professional, easy to talk to, and always willing to help you.
Pros
salary
Cons
contract, no benefits
just another job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  out of businessApril 15, 2018
MVM was said to be a great company to work for but, when you get hired it was completely different. Enjoyed getting the experience. The company no longer in business.
Pros
Experience
Cons
pay
NIH site
Logistics, Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 13, 2018
I can say that I really miss working at this site compared to the company I work for now. I wish they would rehire me. Supervisors are understanding and communicate with officers. If you work in a certain building you can get a secret clearance. The pay is great. I've done so many applications trying to get back in with MVM Inc.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Great pay
Cons
over time
Well Organized and fun place to work
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2018
This is a well managed company with great benefits. They paid on time. The pay increases were in line with the cost of living. My position with the company ended when the contract they had with the D.C. Government ended.
Pros
Good Work Environment
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRApril 4, 2018
This job was my first opportunity to work as Detention officer, I appreciate the opportunity that MVM give me to work. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, Health Insurance
Out of Touch
Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 27, 2018
Management is out of touch with the operations.Inconsistency has become a breeding ground for low employee morale. Salary is not commiserate with experience. And favoritism allows a blind eye to be turned to numerous infractions.
Very fast paced small group
Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
A typical day at work was very fast paced. I learned a lot. Management was by the book for everything. The workplace culture was lacking. The hardest part of the job was learning the book. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients.
Pros
Free food and gifts
Cons
Fast paced and little room for advancement