MVM Inc Employee Reviews

Great pay, horrible atmosphere
Analytical Linguist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2018
The pay is great, work load is distributed among long timers at the company, there is too much favoritism played by those who are part of the click. If you are new you will be put under scrutiny by other employees and if you do not catch up to their way of doing things immediately they will work together to get you out! I have never worked on such a dog eat dog atmosphere like this one!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Too many variables to get on schedule to work
Mvm
Supervisor /Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VA 20147September 30, 2018
Nice place to work .Diverse. Talented. Driven. Exceptional. These are just some of the ways to describe the 2,500 and counting members of the MVM community. We believe in teamwork and value collaboration above all else. We believe that together we can solve even the most complex of challenges. This is who we are. This is MVM.
Good experience
Transcriber, Translator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 7, 2018
This was a very interesting job and I learned a lot from my Manager and my colleagues. I really enjoyed working there, and I was sad when my project ended. Great Team!
Pros
Good management, great working environment
Cons
Long drive
Great Company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VA 20147September 7, 2018
Great Company to work for and have learned a lot over the past 5 years. MVM provides the tools and support needed to be successful. Once again, MVM Inc. is a great company to work for.
Great Clients, Good Job, Terrible Structure and Management
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 1, 2018
Fines and poor treatment of Employees is Common. Do NOT stay for long if you get hired.

Little to no Opportunity for advancement, Next to no Consideration for Employees Efforts or Schedules
Pros
Friendly Clients, Good Pay
Cons
Company Structure, Bad Corporate Management
Ok place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 16, 2018
Management sucks they pay welll but as a reserve you are placed where they need you ie perimeter post etc. It is what you make it at mvm the union is the worst
Productive security company
Captain Senior Security Supervisor/Operations (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 14, 2018
MVM Inc. is a very productive security company with room for advancement. Great benefits. Pleasant work environment and a variety of shifts to choose from. The best part of my day was providing customer service to the client.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
employee staffing issues
Work place environment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDAugust 7, 2018
The benefits are provided by our union CBA with MVM, Inc. otherwise, benefits would be average. The management selections are very poor. No clue in managerial skills. Hostile working environment.
Management was wonderful
Senior Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 31, 2018
MVM has a great mission and management staff. I enjoyed spending time with the people to include the contract staff. The company felt more like a family then a place a business and everyone was a part of that family.
Productive work place
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 19, 2018
Excellent trainings nice work environment and continuous Shooting certifications (every 6 months) for your file. The difference to work in a company with a federal contract is the requirements in the certifications and trainings
Upper Management is horrible
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDJuly 17, 2018
The site pretty much runs itself. Upper Management just makes it difficult and they do not have the workers back. If upper management was better working here would be great. No room for advancement.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No job security
Asst Shift Supervisor/Asst Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced environment that requires your full attention some sites require you to scan id cards along with patrolling certain areas of the property you are assigned to.
hardest part of work
Secuity Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2018
I remember when it was times that I can to work and ny day was great I love the people I worked with, but I didn't like the time when I had to arrest a young lady for carrying a knife to school but I had to do my job.
Nothing good to say
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 6, 2018
Upper managers/corporate level often worked against lower level managers, a great deal of dissension among managers both on-site and at corporate level
Cons
Most Employees don't belong in this company
Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2018
Fast-paced environment. But the difficult of the this position is dealing with fellow employees. Some are teachers day care workers that been with the company for awhile (1yr+) but make a lot of mistakes, take short cuts, lazy, and no team work at all. The work should be split in both parties but most of time just one employee is doing the most of the work load, I'll say 70-30%. And still get paid the same. Whole bunch of know -it -all's but can't write own name on paperwork. Employees always complaining, griping, but they can't follow instructions themselves. I enjoy working here but would like to have some recongnition of some sorts, employee of the months, because despite of some bad employees there are some that are excellent well rounded outstanding employees. This job is not for everyone, if u are used to of being home and having a night life then nope, but if u want to travel and make money come on board.
Pros
Travel Cash 401k
Cons
Can't plan a day, always on call, no work recongnition
Horrible management
Unarmed Guard (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2018
Management is the worst I have ever been under. They put people in positions because they are friends. You do not want to work for this company. They pay is great but the stress is high.
great job
Federal Government Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 15, 2018
great place to work. A typical day at work is being very observant and perform duties as required. Continued learning to be very observant in this type of work.
nice company but terifying management at that time
Unarmed Access Control/Security officer (Former Employee) –  Bayview BaltimoreMay 10, 2018
The company was a great company but the management was terrible, The Project manager at that time was not good. Discrimination was more than one could describe.
Back Stabbers
FSO (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 9, 2018
They will look you in face, smile, be nice to you and as soon you leave the room, they are cutting you down. They don't always give you a review and when they do, they often talk about the things that you did wrong more than 2 years ago. It is an aweful company to work for.
Pros
Cons
MVM as a whole.
great experience
Project Manager, IC Global Services (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 6, 2018
They were very flexible gave me an apartment and a car for work while on the east coast. I was able to make my own schedule and work my own hours.

they helped me accelerate my career