MVP Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Manager, Contracts and Professional Relations (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 22, 2018
MVP is a fast paced and challenging work environment. There are fantastic people working at the company and is dedicated to improving the care and experience for its members.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Loose policies
management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 13, 2018
the managers are some sweet and then there are others that sadly bully you. When the manager I had would be out of the office, I felt less stressed out. There would be times where I would be on the phone with a member and the manager would just stand at my desk until I acknowledge her or better yet I would be on the phone and she would talk or ask me questions while I was on the phone. Which definitely not Professional at all.
Great benefits and overall execellent company
Credential and Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJune 23, 2018
Company is always willing to listen to employees even sending an representative from HR to have round table discussions on ways to improve office and working conditions.
diverse
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 21, 2018
working for MVP Healthcare is like working for any other call center, there is a daily quota to meet, business casual attire, professional and friendly on the phone. knowledgeable of the product.
It was rewarding Work
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed when I was able to assist customers with their needs and concerns. It also was a good feeling helping the Marketing staff complete and meet their goals and deadlines.
Pros
Co-workers and Expierence
Cons
Pay/Benefits
Claims Assistant Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Schenectady County, NYJune 4, 2018
Employer was fair with employees, challenging fast paced environment, always room for advancement, fair pay. Management changes hands too much, in 1 year had 6 Supervisors.
Productive and pleasant workplace
Courier (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 29, 2018
Every day brings some delightful experiences working with the community! I have learned to love people of all kinds and to be self-motivated in willingly helping others.
Wonderful!
Sr Government Programs EDI/Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2018
MVP was awesome. We all worked as a team we had great bosses. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable were the people. A typical day was enrolling members into MVP Option, talking to state and county workers to verify eligibility.
Pros
Many opportunities for growth.
Stay away
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 24, 2018
MVP promotes cut throat atmosphere. Work environment is so stressful that employees are looking for work outside the company and they don't provide training or chances for advancement.The only enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the day If I could I would give this place a negative 10 stars. I only stay to support my family!!!
Pros
Cons
everything you can think of about a horrible work environment!!
Great plan offerings
Software Lead - Testing Management (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 22, 2018
The company offered great healthcare. It was reasonably priced and we were able to see our physician and specialists if needed without a problem. 19 days of PTO were offered.
Poor Training and Management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 9, 2018
Too many unproductive meetings
Lack of training for positions
Great Benefits and compensation
Many opportunities for advancement
Depending on position, flexibility
Good Place to work
Windows Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at MVP Health Care. Many excellent co-workers. Work Life balance was great...excellent opportunities available for employees. Upper Mgt. in IT changes frequently making a concise direction difficult.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Lots of changes in Upper Mgt. of IT
good
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 16, 2018
Good company, make decent money, very demanding, Very hard to grow in the company but the coapmy has good beneifts and does treat you well. The call center is very demading and challanging.
Acquisitions and mergers changed culture
Benefits Configuration Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Schenectady NYMarch 11, 2018
MVP was a great place to work. There were many hard working devoted employees. Over time, acquisitions and mergers took place, and then layoffs. This created a very stressful workplace, and as leadership was let go, the new management teams were not interested in working with staff. The culture changed unfortunately.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Instability, Layoffs, constant change, new management
MVP Health Care
Community Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYMarch 9, 2018
Awesome career, raises yearly, agrees with family first, Volunteer time paid, Networking events and meetings throughout Westchester Counties and Hudson Valley and Vermont.
Pros
Flexible hours, salary, raises yearly
Cons
Very business minded
Best company to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 5, 2018
It's your typical call center job. Fast paced and sometimes stressful. It is not for everyone, but if you can handle the type of work, it's absolutely worth it. Pay if above average and there is plenty of room to grow. If you want to excel and put in the work, opportunity is there and endless. Management in the call center is exceptional and treats their employees with respect.

The company is one of the best. The employees are one of a kind. It's the only company I have worked for that everyone is friendly with one another.
Pros
Gym on site, endless employee benefits, everyone is friendly
Professional and well run
Internship (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 2, 2018
During my time as an intern I got to see first hand how a great organisation conducts business. There systems were well developed and refined to meet the needs of the customers.
Productive, challenging
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Was able to advance within a year
was promoted as team lead within 4 months
they recognize strength and help people find the best position.
Over time pay was available
Stressful with a lot of work
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Stressful job with constant change.benefits ok but could be better expensive for what you got. A lot of work to be done with strict timeframes. People friendly but management not good.
Pros
Daytime hours, friendly people
Cons
Stressful, benefits expensive for what you got
an OK place to work at
ETL QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I have worked for this organization for more than an year or so and was ok for me . Other than dreadful winters the company was good, being a contractor might not fetch you a lot obviously but for FTE's this will be a good place to work.
Pros
not that I know of
Cons
not that I know of