MVP Health Care Employee Reviews

Operations Employee
Operations (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 25, 2018
I've been here for a few years now. It's a decent place to work. However, lately I have noticed a few changes that, to me anyway, spell "Proceed Cautiously. " We've always received a gift from the company right before Thanksgiving. Not this time around. Also, beginning in January, some of the health insurance perks the company has always given, since I've been there anyway, are going away. Their HSA contributions for the year are being cut in half. I find just those couple of things interesting, if not a bit scary. I've also noticed that at their headquarters location in Schenectady, the room for advancement is extremely scant. Odd, because there have always been a variety of positions, at all different levels, to choose from at this location. Now, for the most part, they seem to be only offered in Rochester or Tarrytown, other branch locations of MVP. For me personally, the hardest part of the job is having to deal with unfriendly people, and the department in which I work seems to have their fair share. Other than that, the job is pretty easy, routine and the hours are flexible if you need that.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, Pto, sick days, flexible schedule for operations employees, on-site gym, wellness programs
Cons
Pay not great, raises small
A very competitive and loyal place to work
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 6, 2019
A great team at MVP! They are an awesome company with great benefits! A company that provided a lot of knowledge and experience in the healthcare field.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Too far from home at the time.
Work enviroment was good.
Provider Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 6, 2018
Typical day was we worked out of queues. Each day manager would put you in queues that they felt were priorities. This could change during the course of the day. I learned to wear many different hats during the course of the day and enjoyed the different work that would come my way. Management was fine, although she did have her favorites which was not an issue to me. That is just the way it is sometimes. I always had a good attitude as I enjoyed what I was doing. The hardest part of the job was not receiving enough information per each task. You would have to reach out to the other departments to confirm that what you were seeing was correct. They did not always review all information being sent. Great fellow employees. Everyone worked well with each other and helped each other when you were not sure of what to do.
Cons
Best company to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 5, 2018
It's your typical call center job. Fast paced and sometimes stressful. It is not for everyone, but if you can handle the type of work, it's absolutely worth it. Pay if above average and there is plenty of room to grow. If you want to excel and put in the work, opportunity is there and endless. Management in the call center is exceptional and treats their employees with respect.

The company is one of the best. The employees are one of a kind. It's the only company I have worked for that everyone is friendly with one another.
Pros
Gym on site, endless employee benefits, everyone is friendly
It was rewarding Work
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed when I was able to assist customers with their needs and concerns. It also was a good feeling helping the Marketing staff complete and meet their goals and deadlines.
Pros
Co-workers and Expierence
Cons
Pay/Benefits
Acquisitions and mergers changed culture
Benefits Configuration Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Schenectady NYMarch 11, 2018
MVP was a great place to work. There were many hard working devoted employees. Over time, acquisitions and mergers took place, and then layoffs. This created a very stressful workplace, and as leadership was let go, the new management teams were not interested in working with staff. The culture changed unfortunately.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Instability, Layoffs, constant change, new management
Poor Training and Management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 9, 2018
Too many unproductive meetings
Lack of training for positions
Great Benefits and compensation
Many opportunities for advancement
Depending on position, flexibility
Good Place to work
Member Service Call Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 10, 2018
It was a good place to work - they provided great training and management was very engaged with the staff. Family oriented always acknowledge birthdays, years of service. etc.
Pros
flexible spending, work life balance
Cons
Call metrics - very rigid on length of call and time between calls
New Management in the Department
Associate Director of Quality and Claims Support (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 6, 2017
MVP was a fun and great place to work for approximately 17 years. However, after a few acquisitions with other healthcare payers, new management styles were introduced much too drastically. Significant changes in workforce, title changes and constantly rearranging of people and departments caused employee dissatisfaction in the area I worked. One department had a turnover of 60% and nothing was investigated. This was one reason I left the company, however the position at Conduent was also an increase in salary and that was what pushed me in that direction.
Pros
Good Compensation, Benefits and overall atmosphere
Cons
Undeserving individuals were given titles that they did not earn nor were adequately skilled for
Terrible place to work.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2018
No advancement , proper compensation or compassion and support given to employees. Your skills, education, experience and work ethics are not taken into account if an opportunity for advancement arise. This company solely rely on who you know (relationship to management) to move up and for hire pay. Their policies are out dated and unrealistic. I do not recommend this company at all !
MVP Health Care
Community Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYMarch 9, 2018
Awesome career, raises yearly, agrees with family first, Volunteer time paid, Networking events and meetings throughout Westchester Counties and Hudson Valley and Vermont.
Pros
Flexible hours, salary, raises yearly
Cons
Very business minded
Great call center to work in
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14607September 1, 2018
I worked in the call center while going to school. Management allowed my schedule to be flexible around my classes while still allowing me to advance my skills. Their work culture is supportive and employee focused. All of the managers in the call center had an open door policy and were very employee focused. Great place to work!
Pros
Supportive management
Fast paced work environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed the collaborative feel in the workplace. Fast paced and challenging. Management was supportive and consistent. I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience.
Pros
Employee well being-primary concern
Cons
No late night shifts
Great Place
Senior Risk Mitigation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 12, 2019
MVP is an excellent place to work. I am very happy to be there. I learn something new nearly every day. Coworkers are good people. The management in my department is fair and reasonable. You are listened to and your opinions are valued.
Think twice before applying
Care Specialist/Outreach Representative (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYOctober 18, 2018
If you are not ready to be verbally abused or don’t have thick skin no need to apply. If you can’t deal with favoritism from management, think twice before applying. If you can’t deal with being micromanaged or talked to like your a child no need to apply.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Micromanagement
Stressful with a lot of work
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Stressful job with constant change.benefits ok but could be better expensive for what you got. A lot of work to be done with strict timeframes. People friendly but management not good.
Pros
Daytime hours, friendly people
Cons
Stressful, benefits expensive for what you got
MVP helped me grow, learn, and advance
Associate Director, Provider Engagement (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 31, 2018
I was very fortunate to have the leadership teams that foster growth and development. MVP is always looking to be innovative and put their members first.
Pros
Ability to collaborate and feel valued.
Cons
NYS requires a fast pace for change and at times this is challenging.
Amazing Place to work
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 15, 2018
MVP is hands down the best place to work. It is one of the only places that truly empowers its employees to grown and be innovative. There are so many opportunities available to the employees. The vision and mission statement are apart of the everyday life from the top of leadership to the intern who just started.
great place to work
ASO Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Great place to work, miss MVP co-workers and supervision.
much opportunity to advance, great benefits and time off.
all around great experience.
most enjoyable was the entire work environment. we worked as a team, my direct supervisor was excellent, professional and always willing to help, work issues out, provide a career path.
there were unlimited possibilities as far as advancement within the company also to relocate if desired.
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons
SR ETL Developer
Sr. ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 5, 2018
Closely work with Business team and create mapping documents. Based on the mapping documents I created ETL mappings and created unit test documents and closely worked with UAT team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MVP Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.