MVP SPORTSCLUBS Employee Reviews

Low paying well below average
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2019
Perks are the membership and the membership base community. The cons are pay, loyalty, and ability to make decisions. Corporate runs and makes all decisions and do not allow directors and managers to make decisions and utilize their skills in helping the company. Low pay takes precedence over hiring skilled workers.
Pros
Free family membership
Cons
No loyalty, low pay
Not a great place to work. Keep looking.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLOctober 5, 2018
Not a great place to work. I do not recommend it, lots of turnover the gym equipment in Spanish Springs is outdated and on the verge of breaking at any moment.
Pros
Members are friendly
Cons
No breaks
I loved working here
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 4, 2018
Great staff and members. very flexible with scheduling which is nice if you are also in college or are a busy person in general. You get a free membership which has amazing perks. They make sure you know how to deal with any situation with monthly training.
Pros
great facility free membership
Cons
Asking to go to the restroom
Great work environment, management is kind but lacks knowledge of proper marketing skills for the Spa.
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJune 30, 2017
Overall a very pleasant place to work during season when snow birds are in town. If you plan on working part time you will be booked last after the full time therapists schedules are filled.
Pros
Laundry, supplies, scheduling
Cons
Very slow unless snowbirds are in town.
Fun and friendly workplace with free membership and great people
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2017
Working as a housekeeper, there are many times you find yourself with down time. There are down time tasks you can do to fill the gaps while youre waiting on laundry or whatever else. This housekeeping position is very lax compared to others. We don't find ourselves in gross situations very often if at all. Mostly just general cleaning like wiping down tables, railings and windows and collecting laundry. Busy times of the day go by quick and and evening and weekend shifts tend to go by slow. If you like fitness and good people then you will like this job. Very laid-back and everyone is a team player. Love my MOD's and co-workers. Pay is minimum which is what expected for a low maintenance job. You do get a bonus after being with the company for a year, which is calculated by the amount of hours you've worked. For Christmas, we received gifts in form of gift cards from the company and then additional gift cards from our department managers to various places. We also did a secret santa amongst team members and received personal gifts through that. Overall, MVP cares about their employees and do what they can to rise above the rest.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, great people, connecting with members, creating friendships, laid back, free membership for you and family(spouse and kids)
Cons
Lots of downtime, some not-so-nice members
Working here was fun
Skate Guard (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 12, 2017
I worked here for 3 years or slightly longer. Anyhow, I loved being able to skate on the clock and got free ice time off the clock. The pay was not great and did not receive a raise. I also found another job because the pay was low. If you want to skate free it's great place to work but if you're looking for good pay it's not worth it.
Pros
Free ice time on and off the clock
Cons
Not great pay for a lot of work
Just found a better job
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Minimum wage pay which I did not mind till they started asking me to training and other responsibilities with out trying give me a raise nor try to hire me in with the company that which was Burlington coat factory
Great place to work, Team is amazing
Medfit Team Leader / Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLOctober 10, 2016
This place is amazing to work for, I have had nothing but a great experience working here. My director has been tremendous really involved in what goes on at work and how she can help out anyway at work and home life. Team members are great our unit as a whole is very in sync and really care about the community we serve.