My Left Foot Childrens Therapy Employee Reviews

stressful
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2018
management treats you like you are expendable if you are not a therapist, no real training, not respected by management, no communication, if they like you then great but if they don't... They don't like anyone!, so much gossip... it's like high school all over again and that's coming from management, they manage through fear, the Operations Manager is condescending and won't give you the time of day unless you are management
Pros
knowing children are getting the treatment they need
Cons
everything else
Wonderful place to work - fun, great support, beautiful clinics, great equipment and therapy tools
Speech Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2018
Working at My Left Foot Children's Therapy has been wonderful. I have never worked with such nice people. The therapists are so helpful, friendly, fun, and knowledgeable. It's a great feeling to come to work every day and know that you have the support and assistance of such intelligent and ingenuitive therapists. Everyone has each other's backs. It's a positive and cooperative work environment. The support staff is also wonderful and they handle all the administrative tasks like scheduling and insurance, so I don't have to. The clinics are clean, have great equipment, and are fun to work in. Management is supportive and available if/when you need them. I love my job and am very happy I took a chance and made the move.
Pros
Nice and supportive staff and coworkers, extremely knowledgable therapy staff
Cons
The sweet children brightened my day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2018
It made me feel good to come to work every day. Seeing the sweet children brightened my day. They have such great attitudes and it makes you stop and think. We should be so happy for what God gave us. It made me feel good to help these children and their families. I enjoyed talking with the parents about their day and being supportive for them. The people I worked with were also very nice and fun. I made good friends. There were so many fun activities that it made going to work fun. There was always something going on. Like peoples brithdays or holiday events and contests. At halloween everyone dresses up and plans group costumes together. Management was always planning something fun for the kids and the employees. They really try to make their employees happy and enjoy their jobs and they are passionate about takeing really good care of their patients.
Pros
Fun place to work!
Cons
Working some nights and weekends
I miss My Left Foot Children's Therapy
Former Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2018
Now that I am at my second job since leaving My Left Foot Children's Therapy, I can say that I really miss it. The people were great. The theraspits talked daily and worked together for their patients. There were lots of fun activities for the therapists and patients - both planned and spontaneous that I now really miss. I really miss the constant interaction with other intelligent therapists. It was a great group. The owner and management were always supportive and went to bat for the therapists whenever their was any sort of problem with parents or stuff not being handled correctly by reception or scheduling. Treatment sessions were an hour long. Parents were usually involved and were sometimes in the treatment room the whole time and sometimes we just touched base for ten minutes at the end of the session - it was pretty much up to the therapist. That was another thing that was nice - everything was up to the therapist. I could give the best treatment in the way that I wanted without anyone else dictating. The benefits were pretty much the same as any other bigger company. I had 5 paid holidays off, 1 1/2 weeks paid vacation, decent health insurance, etc.: One unofficial benefit that I had and now really miss was the ability to take off whenever I needed. I now realize how nice that was. I didn't get paid for anything over my 1 1/2 weeks, but I could take off whenever I wanted, so I never had to say no to family or to a fun trip. I knew I was in charge of my own life. If I wanted two weeks off at Christmas, I took two weeks off at Christmas. At my current job I have to ask  more... off and then worry about whether my request is going to be denied. I feel like a child. I hate that. I really miss the freedom that My Left Foot gave me. Hind sight is 20-20 right?  less
Pros
Therapist collaboration, hour long treatment sessions, autonomy
Cons
Working one weekend day for the first year
Horrible Job/Life Balance
HYBRID (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2018
At first you’ll think this job isn’t bad, why are people complaining? Management doesn’t take into consideration if you have a life outside of work. If you’re married or have children’s you’ll rarely get to see them. You will work for at least 9-11hours a day looking a computer screen. If you aren’t working you’re punished. You’ll have to stay late just to fill the schedule even if that’s not the department you work in. Don’t tell anyone about your personal life, as they will turn around and twist it up to make you look bad. A lot of bad employees with personal issues that will lash out on you and other employees for the smallest issues. You will hear employees talking bad about management and especially employees. No one should be closing the place alone at night. Plus the parking situation is HORRENDOUS! NO FEMALE SHOULD BE WALKING A BACK ROAD AT NIGHT/MORNING ALONE!!!!!!!!! And you aren’t allowed to carry a firearm even if you do have a permit!!!!! 90 day probation is normal but don’t you dare ask for a day off or a schedule change because YOU WILL BE FIRED! Somtimes life happens and you have an emergency. But just remember you will get fired. This place seriously needs some changes.
Pros
Pay is decent but don’t expect to live off it.
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Security, Closing and Opening Alone. Bad Employees
May 25, 2018

Hello, My name is Davita, and I have worked at My Left Foot Children’s Therapy for 5 years. When I applied for this position, it was due to an ad in the Review Journal that read “If you are looking for a career that has meaning, imagine how good it will feel to come home every night knowing that you spent your day helping children with disabilities receive life changing therapy.” This is why I applied. This is why I have come to work EVERYDAY for the last 5 years. I have personally found the majority of the employees to be very nice. Many of them have been with the company for a long time and are dedicated to the mission of helping children.

Upon hire, you are asked if you have any schedule restrictions that would interfere with your ability to work for this company? Most people say no. They say that they have open availability. Some people will agree to working a specific schedule in order to get the job, and then they ask or demand a different schedule after starting. This is not fair to other employees, and because management is actually quite fair to their employees, they will not agree to that. We also ask if there are any days that you need to have off due to a prior commitment that you may have put in for during your previous job. If you say yes, we mark those days off for you. If you say no, that means that you have open availability. It is up to you to determine whether or not the job would interfere with your family life prior to accepting the job. Regarding occasional overtime, I like the extra money and the feeling of helping out the team.

If you check out our  more... Facebook page, you will see the staff members who have been with the company for years. You will see that we are providing the children of the greater Las Vegas area the absolute best therapy there is.

My Left Foot Children’s Therapy has 5 clinics, and the parking at 4 of the clinics is awesome. The county most recently changed some of our parking spaces at the clinic on Jones Blvd without notice, so parking for that clinic is provided for the Admin staff at a local church a block away. What was not mentioned is that management allows us a 10 minute “paid grace period” for a 5-minute walk to the building. I use this time to reflect and get in my daily Fitbit steps! Admin hours are allocated so that there are large groups of employees coming to work at the same time, so no one has to walk alone. Management is looking for a better solution, but for now, employees park in the church parking lot until 5:00 PM, and then at that time they move their cars into the main parking lot. This because the other businesses that share our lot close at 5:00 PM.

Employees are not terminated for requesting time off during the probationary period. It is costly to hire and train employees. It makes no sense for management to lose them.

I believe that my opinion is that of the majority, as there are employees who have been with this company for a number of years. I just felt I needed to express my opinion here because it seems too often, the negative people are the most vocal skewing reality.

Job seems great...at first
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2018
I'll start with the good - I loved the collaboration with other therapists. The pay was good. There were extra hours if you wanted additional income and our (unpaid) time off requests were never denied.
Now I have to warn potential employees: don't get sucked in by the salary posted. You will work long days (10+ hours, until 8:30 at night), most holidays, and weekends. You have back to back appointments and no more than 2-3 minutes to converse with parents (this is actually discouraged for billing and productivity reasons). Management is disorganized. The priorities are strange - we would get emails about how the shelves needed to be organized in a very specific way, which is a trivial concern compared to the fact that therapists are quitting at an average of 1 per month. The company is not invested in us because they know we're all easily replaced. They aren't interested in making changes because they're extremely committed to the "policies," even when multiple therapists bring up the same concern. This company treats reception staff so poorly that most quit within the first 2 months of accepting the job - it's hard to observe the treatment and it's hard to work with people who are so new and untrained that they don't know what falls under their job. Money is the only motivator and that is clear to everyone involved. The therapists are over-worked and constantly venting about the poorly managed company.
Bottom line: this company will drain the life out of you within your first year. They advertise that salary and approve your time off in the hopes that you'll ignore the
  more... issues that make this an impossible work environment. MLF has a very poor reputation in Vegas. I used to have hope that things would get better at MLF but nothing can possibly change when you make it that clear that you're not interested in improving something that you don't see as broken.  less
Pros
Collaboration with other clinicians, good equipment/therapy tools, great kids
Cons
Poor work-life balance, long hours, disorganization in management staff
April 11, 2018

My name is Christine and I have been a full-time Occupational Therapist at My Left Foot Children’s Therapy for almost 4 years. I have enjoyed my time here, and as a new therapist the collaboration and sense of mentoring between therapists has been invaluable. I feel that while this job can be challenging at times, as all pediatric jobs can be, the support I get from fellow therapists and management has helped me maintain a good work-life balance. During my first year, I was scheduled to work later days and the weekend in order to accommodate the needs of the community and the many kids that need to be seen outside of school. I was able to adjust my schedule as needed after only one year, in order to meet more of my needs and preferences. While living in Vegas, it’s actually beneficial for me to have a weekday off, so I was able to take off Fridays and Saturdays and be off of work by 4 o’clock on more than one day of my week. The time off that you are able to take, both paid and unpaid, is more than fair to me; in addition to the 5 paid holidays, I receive an additional 2 weeks of paid time off, annually. I can request off any time that I need, and it gets approved.

It is true that we are scheduled with back-to-back patients, as I would say is standard-practice for this type of setting. I don’t think anyone would pay me for frequent scheduled breaks between each kid throughout a day, plus it would make for a very confusing and inefficient schedule. However, this hourly schedule doesn’t inhibit my ability to communicate with my parents or provide efficient parent  more... education, including home exercise programs. I consistently spend at least 5 minutes discussing the session with parents at the end of the hour, and I will often invite parents to stay throughout the session. One of the many benefits of this job is that they allow you to use your clinical judgment to make these decisions and tailor your treatment to meet the needs of the children and their families.

The administrative personnel at My Left Foot Children’s Therapy consists of a large number of core staff, many who have been working here since before I started. They also have additional staff members that are being trained to fill positions at current and new clinics as the company continues to expand. While this staff is more fluid and changing as of recent, they are continually working hard to find staff that appropriately fits the needs of each position. At times this can make for many new faces, but I don’t find that it negatively impacts the services we provide.

It is true that we will get occasional emails from management that clarifies the expectations for room organization or other such policies. These emails are important to ensure rooms are clean and functional, and to make sure treatment focuses on the child vs. searching for missing supplies. Management is always willing to hear about any concerns with policies or procedures that may be changed to best suit the needs of the therapists and the community we serve.

I feel that My Left Foot Children’s Therapy is very invested in its therapists. With the significant annual raises we receive, the autonomy and respect that we are given, and the supportive work environment, I feel I can provide the best services as a therapist and member of the community. My Left Foot Children’s Therapy has continued to grow in order to meet the needs of the community and has developed a wonderful reputation for providing child and family centered services to meet everyone's individual needs. It has been rewarding to work and grow as a therapist alongside this company.

Could be the worst job I've has in this profession
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaMarch 9, 2018
If you are looking for a job that overworks you and places you in a cut-throat environment with management who is so disconnected from the reality of what therapy should be then by all means get a job at my left foot therapy. Contracts that involve an unreasonable time frame and monopolize the area by not allowing you to work in the entire populated area of Nevada from there on out if you decide to quit, then work for this horrific company. Be wary of any company that offers you such an extravagant starting salary. If high turnover and questionable practice regarding the charging of fees via insurance is a company you desire to work for then this is the place for you. When a company can only hire out-of-state because their reputation is so bad in the state of Nevada- that should scream volumes. Beware therapists, don't be taken by their promise of a significant starting salary... you'll be selling your soul by the time your contact expires with them.
April 9, 2018

My name is Jennifer and I have been an Occupational Therapist at My Left Foot Children’s Therapy for the past 4 years and a therapy manager for the past 2 ½ years. I love my job at My Left Foot Children’s Therapy. As a treating Occupational Therapist myself, I can tell you that My Left Foot Children’s Therapy is the opposite of cut-throat. It is a very supportive and nurturing environment and there is amazing collaboration between the OTs, PTs, and SLPs; between all levels of management and therapists; and between the parents and therapists. Management is not disconnected from what therapy should be, in fact, I am a therapy manager and I provide one-hour treatment sessions to 17 children a week, every week, so I am not disconnected by any means. Treatment sessions are an hour long, we only have one patient at a time, management limits the number of evaluations that the scheduling department puts in our schedules, and we are given a minimum of three hours a week to complete our reports in addition to any cancellations we may have, so we are definitely not overworked. When I started at My Left Foot Children’s Therapy, I too signed a non-compete agreement, as all therapists are expected to at any reputable company. It stated that I could not work for a company that provides pediatric therapy (adult therapy is O.K.) in direct competition with My Left Foot Children’s Therapy within 25 miles of My Left Foot Children’s Therapy for 16 weeks after leaving the company. 4 months seems like a very reasonable time frame (my previous position required an 18-month non-compete agreement)  more... and 25 miles is not the entire populated area of Nevada, but rather a total of only about 0.1% of the state of Nevada. The therapist turnover rate at My Left Foot Children’s Therapy is 1% monthly, which in my over 23-years of experience is quite low. My Left Foot Children’s Therapy hires therapists from within the state of Nevada, as well as from many other states in the country; it’s about who is best suited to give the patients the best therapy, not where a therapist is from. At My Left Foot Children’s Therapy, I work with therapists from many states, including Nevada. It has been my experience that My Left Foot Children’s Therapy has an excellent reputation within the area’s medical community, an excellent reputation throughout the local foundations benefitting children with disabilities, an excellent reputation within the local and national organizations advocating for children with disabilities, and an excellent reputation among the local governmental agencies in the state of Nevada. My Left Foot Children’s Therapy does offer an amazing salary, but not because anyone is selling his or her soul; it is because My Left Foot Children’s Therapy truly values the skills, talents, and experience its therapists bring to our company, and in our world, one of the ways we show value is by financially compensating people fairly.  less

Decent workplace with great employees
Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2018
My left foot is a good place to build experience and meet some interesting people while you do it. The administrative staff and therapists are all friendsly and interesting individuals and the pay reflects the required experience. Paid time off accrues kinda slowly and policies are strictly enforced. This is the kind of work place where you’ll find a lot of happiness if you can accept that there’s a high turn over rate for admin staff for a reason. Training is quick and thorough and while you’re expected to learn as you go you’re given all the tools necessary to succeed. Some staff have complained about workplace professionalism but my experience was that everyone will treat you with respect if you do the same and people who don’t work well with others don’t tend to last long. Something to consider as well is that the parking lot for admin staff is about a block away at an unpatrolled and dark parking lot and that you should be ready to leave on the day you give your two weeks notice because they won’t always keep you the full two weeks.
Pros
Great coworkers and adorable kids
Cons
A distant parking lot and strict policy enforcement
Poor Management, terrible work environment
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
Terrible upper management, no one knows what they are doing and place blame on whoever is in sight. Constant inappropriate remarks and references made. You are forced to park in a sketchy dirt parking lot and walk half a mile away from the building. Favoritism is easily noticeable and if you disagree with an upper management individual they will give you extra tasks. I learned what not to look for in a job and that the hardest part of my day was motivating myself to get up and go to this awful place.
Pros
Good benefits, if that is something you are looking for in a job, nice and friendly customer base
Cons
Long hours, hostile environment
Great employees, consistent work hours, and great learning experience.
Patient Relations/Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
Everyday, there are various tasks to complete for every department; however, because we work with a large number of patients, many different situations arise! As an employee, this means lots of learning opportunities and you will never be bored. The administrative departments work well together, often banding together to complete the tasks needed. It is great having dependable, hard-working coworkers.

It can also be very rewarding helping these patients and their families, and you often get familiar with them after speaking or seeing them in a recurring basis. They also become very comfortable asking staff they know for help.

We are open all day, everyday, and open for a lot of holidays to help these patients. This means working weekends, late hours, and also as early as 6:30 in the morning! This may be helpful for employees who are still students and take classes in the morning. There are consistent hours, and they try to keep your schedule as consistent as possible, willing to work with schedule changes during the annual review.

There is much to learn working in administration: dealing with patients, completing different administrative tasks, handling medical information, and providing customer service.
Pros
Coworkers, Learning experience, Working with children, Consistent work hours
Cons
Can be very busy, late work hours
Fun place to work, great people/co-workers
Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2017
It's a fun, fast-paced atmosphere to work in. The people are fun and friendly. The best part is seeing the kids and knowing that what we do is helping them in their lives.
Ifeel like I am really contributing to the overall Company Goals.
Administrative Employee (Current Employee) –  JonesSeptember 1, 2017
I have worked at My Left Foot Children's Therapy for over 3 years. We have a GREAT staff and we work well together. Love learning something new everyday. Plenty of different tasks to keep your mind alert. Great Co-workers, Positive environment. Positive feedback from Managers, feel like I am really contributing to the overall Company Goals.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Good hours, Great Benefits.
Cons
late hours
It's about the parents and children we serve.
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas (3 clinics) and Henderson (1 clinic)September 8, 2016
Commitment. If I can't wholeheartedly commit then I won't do something regardless of how much I'm being paid. My Dad always said, "if you love what you're doing then you'll never really work." I love what I'm doing and you will to. If you can qualify.

I want to make a difference in the lives of the Parents and children we serve and the people that I'm responsible for at MLF. Here, what each of us does matters . . . to everyone.

Opportunity is here.
Pros
The culture, the people and the patients we serve.
Cons
There's never enough time to get everything done.
Great people
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
This is a place that requires you to come to work on time, prepared and ready to give 100% everyday. If you are looking for a place where you can slack this is not the place for you.
Fun environment
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2016
Everyone at this place works very hard to make sure that every child is taken care of. The work environment is fun and entertaining at the same time.
Best Job to date - personally and professionally rewarding
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2016
Great place to really improve your skill set, make great friends, make a difference in the world, and get paid quite well while doing it. The therapists are all really experienced and eager to work cooperatively to expand everyone's skill set. Because they see all ages and diagnoses, I really learned a lot. The staff is as nice as they are experienced, so you can also make good friends. They do a lot of extra activities in and out of the work place, so if you are new to the area, you can make friends with other therapists quite easily. They were very focused on their patients. Management was proactive and took good care of the staff. The dress code was great , not strict. I didn't have to wear scrubs or slacks. Jeans were allowed, which is nice since you're working with kids crawling around on the floor most of the day. I liked not scheduling my patients or writing IEPs. Paper work was manageable. I had to work Saturdays, but people go out every night of the week in Vegas, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although of course I prefer to work M-F. The pay was awesome! The benefits were good. They give substantial raises every year. They were always great about approving all of my requested time off. I was never denied time off. Treatment sessions were about an hour long, so I didn't feel rushed and could really take my time to transition the kids effectively and make a lot of progress with them. It wasn't like other places where you are pushed to see way too many patients every day. Overall, this was the best job I have had to date and the skills  more... I gained while working there have made me a much better therapist and will benefit me for a long time to come.  less
Pros
great pay, good benefits, smart and experienced fellow therapists, relaxed and enjoyable work environment
Cons
working Saturdays
I would not work here again
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2015
I worked here for a short 4 months and my experience was not as great as I thought it would be. I was happy to find a full time job so quick and was glad to know that I would be helping with children. However, behind the scenes it was different. I worked as a scheduler and almost every week I worked there someone was either getting fired or quitting, as well as therapists. I had to deal with a different staff constantly. The policies were always getting changed around so one day you would tell a patients parents one thing and next week it would be different and they would get upset with you. My schedule was never the same. I would not get the same days off, so it was hard planning around work. Plus you would close till 9 one night and then come in at 7 or 8 the next day to open. You also had to constantly check with management for anything you did regarding a patient. I am used to stressful work environments, but none like this. Things were never consistent and it just did not have a good work life balance. They pay was decent and you meet a lot of great kids but other than that not a great place to work.
Pros
You get to help with children
Cons
No consistency
January 8, 2016

Our company’s number one mission is to take care of the children who we provide therapy to. Every employee, whether a therapist, receptionist, billing specialist, insurance specialist, or scheduler, needs to know and follow all of our company policies, because our policies are there to ensure the best treatment of our patients and to ensure the continued success of our business - which is necessary to ensure continued therapy for our patients. Our policies are not fluid; they do not change. We have been in business for 11 years and we have worked under the same basic principles and policies for those 11 years. This employee, who worked for us for 4 months, apparently did not learn, retain, or follow our policies. We do not keep employees who do not follow our mission or our policies, we do not keep employees who perform their job duties poorly, and we do not keep employees who treat other employees and/or patients and their families carelessly or disrespectfully. Most of our employees, administrative staff and therapists, have been with us for years. We strive to hire and retain only the kindest, most intelligent, most ethical, and most patient-driven administrative employees and therapists, and although we are not adverse to parting ways with under-achieving employees, we do not lose employees almost weekly, as this disgruntled ex-employee claims, and we have actually only parted ways with one therapist since the Summer of 2015, and it is now January 8, 2016. We have always strived to be the best pediatric outpatient therapy clinic in the city, state, and country, and  more... to be the best, you have to hire and retain the best – only the best. If you feel that you are the best at what you do, please send us your resume – we’d love to have you on our team!  less

A Really Great Place to Work!
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  las Vegas NVAugust 22, 2015
I truly loved my job at My Left Foot Children's Therapy! I was, and am still, proud to have been able to work for such an ethical and straightforward company. From the first day that I emailed them my resume,until my very last day of work, they treated me with respect and followed through with every commitment they made to me. I think it is rare today to find a company with such honest, ethical, and truly caring people running it (both owners and management). Also, the therapists were the best -truly. I don't think you could find another pediatric clinic anywhere with a better staff of therapists. Their experience, compassion, and professional commitment to their patients was better than anywhere else I have ever worked. The owner took three hours to interview me, as well as every other therapist. I was told that they were very selective with who they hire, because they look at every child as if he/she were their own child, and only hire a therapist if they themselves would be happy having that therapist help their own child. Additionally, this was the only real salaried position l've ever been able to find in outpatient pediatrics. I actually got paid even when my patients didn't show up, and I was never sent home early because patients cancelled, or for any other reason. It was a truly salaried position - rare in this line of work. Employers always boast a great annual salary, but it never actually ends up being what they advertised- not in this case - My Left Foot Children's Therapy was the Real Deal! They paid what they said they would, and even gave plenty of opportunities  more... for extra! The pay was EXCELLENT and the benefits were too!  less
Pros
Excellent pay, ethical and compassionate leaders, highly experienced staff, flexible vacations, no micromanaging, respectful of employees
Cons
working on Saturday
Not a good experience
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2015
This company is not the best company to work for many reasons. There is NO work life balance because your schedule is all over the place. You are expected to close at 9pm and be back to open at 7 or 8am depending if you are thr first or second opener. The management micro manages ALL day long so they should hire children instead of adults. The therapists come and go which isn't good for thr children's progress. Overall it was one of the worst jobs I have ever had but it was rewarding and great to see the children come through getting one step closer to their goals. The cholden were the reason I took the job, but the management and company structure is why I walked away from it.
Cons
Not flexible with the schedule, too strict, no work/life balance, therapists come and go
Busy,demanding and not flexible
Receptionist and Spanish Translator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2015
The job is very demanding especially to those who work in reception and scheduling.If bilingual you will be working harder than those who only speak one language due to having to do your job and do scheduling and translator job on top of that. This job is not secure and they will let you go for a small error. If a therapist is not pleased with you and tells the owner, you can be written up for it and even fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at My Left Foot Childrens Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

My Left Foot Childrens Therapy Reviews by Location