My Place Hotel Employee Reviews

They never had a steady manager for the hotel, we had general managers that would take turns coming in for a week or so at a time. Poor management.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 7, 2018
Poor management/lack thereof. They do not give anyone a raise no matter how long you have been there or how well you do your job. No consistency with employees they play favorites.
stressful and unfriendlywork envirnment
House keeping (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 16, 2018
the hotel manager was in invested in the functionality of the hotel or the happiness of its employees. staff members would leave early or not show up at all.
Pros
Na
Cons
the entire experience was just stressful
love working here
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 14, 2018
I love working at my place. It is really relaxed, and the people and manager here are so nice and good to work with. Overall I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
great place to work
Decent Job and Great Owners
Marquette - Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIMay 23, 2018
Really enjoy this job. The owner's try their best to take care of us with prizes at meetings. We do get pretty good perks with sister hotels in the area or when traveling.
Relaxed, fun place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 17, 2018
Working at My Place Hotel for the short time I was there was enjoyable. My manager at the time was very nice and took time to help and teach me more about the system being used. Very family oriented when I needed time off for my daughters appointments. Great place to meet new guest coming in from out of state and even our of the country.
Cons
no set lunch timea and no healthcare
Productive, team player environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 27, 2018
My Place Hotel is a great place to work for. I have spent 5 years working my way up from Night Auditor to being promoted to GM. Customer Service is something I pride myself in and also the company, for making it the top prioty.
Pros
Team Enviroment
Exciting to meet new people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North DakotaApril 23, 2018
Loved coming to work because I got to meet new people every day and Co workers were all like family. Work schedule was great. Meeting new people was exciting and making people smile.
Pros
Great lunch breaks
Cons
Health benefits
Alright
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SD 57701January 24, 2018
You are required to do much more than just front desk, including going outside and doing maintence work such as shoveling and putting ice down. No breaks or lunch breaks. Do laundry as well
Cons
no breaks
great work envirinment, witwork at your own pace. laid back very at ease.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 5, 2017
i loved working with the people that i did work with. was a great job. love staying busy. i enjoyed making sure that the room was accommodatted for the next guest and everything is presentable. loved knowing that my ribs were very except able for the customers.
Pros
laid back, time giving
Cons
never got any tips
Its a Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 7, 2017
I'm not a big fan of working indoors, but the work I did at My Place was pretty fun. The hours of a housekeeper are obviously all over the place but for the most part i had good hours. Its not a bad place to work.
fun, productive
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 1, 2017
great job, good people, great management but low pa. other than that i would not mind staying at my place for a very longtime. i like boss and the people i work with.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKOctober 13, 2017
My Place is a well managed, fun environment. The company provides many opportunities and encouragement for career growth. They are committed to providing excellent customer service to their guests.
Would not recommend
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 27, 2017
No work/life balance.
Hotel is managed by 1 person
Compensation is not adequate for hours worked
No benefits or incentives
Salary is not competitive
Very nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJuly 17, 2017
Nice working environment, always something to do to make the day go bye. Good management and staff, willing to work with outside schedules. Clean and friendly environment
fun and interesting work enviroment
Receptionist- reservations (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 9, 2017
management was awesome, the environment was interesting and this job had something new everyday. this employment new the meaning of respect to there employees.
Pros
fun job
Cons
nothing
Amazing Manager and staff
Housekeeping Manager and Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 13, 2017
Out of all the hotels i ever worked for our manager is the best person you could ask for not only is he your boss but your friend he is always there to help you assist you no matter what. I have learned more about the hotel indusrty here then working here then any hotel before , I couldnt ask for a better place and company to work for.
Pros
Managment and staff
Cons
Fun until management realized economy was bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 3, 2017
Not appreciate of employees who did above call of duty! And fire manager for things out of her control. And bring in new manager without telling other manager!
Pros
Cons
Short breaks always can't keep employees
productive and fast pace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 12, 2016
it was a good job but the new management most people either quit or got fired most enjoyable part of everyday is being done and ready to go at the end of the day
Pros
you work by your self
Cons
you cant wear your own pants
Nice place to work
Guest Services Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 1, 2016
I left due to promises given and never kept by my General Manager. I had somehow managed to get stuck on a shift that she knew I didn't want to do again, and being one of the only two employees left from the original starting crew, I had seniority over most, other than her. She did it anyways and swore she was finding a replacement for that shift. I didn't mind at first, but a week became a month, a month became 3 months...I wasn't getting off that shift and my mind and body couldn't handle it anymore.

I do, however, miss the people I worked with. And there is a different General Manager there now...so, ya never know!
No Work Life Balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MT 59718September 21, 2016
Too many hours demanded. No work life balance. Management positons are for those who live, breathe, and sleep the hotel only.