My Smart House LLC Employee Reviews

Work hard, play hard!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 26, 2019
Incredibly goal orientated and teamwork atmosphere. I am always up for a healthy challenge in broadening my skill sets and character and My-Smart House allowed me to do so all the while setting me up for success. Closing deals and working with customers in their homes is even more fulfilling knowing the support team I have at my finger tips. Equally important, solar is the way of the future and our hard work pays off knowing the contribution we're making to a greater cause!
Fast Pace and Always changing
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Regardless of the position, a typical day is a lot of Customer or potential customer contact. It can be very upbeat and some days very difficult.

Theres a lot to learn here, anything from selling someone to taking care of a customer. Theres never not something to learn.

The work place culture is very competitive and very fast paced. You really need to be able to keep up and adapt to the constant changes

The hardest part of the job can be dealing with customers/potential customers while trying to maintain a certain number of calls per day.

The best part of the job, getting to do new things, go places, and some of the people. I stayed for a while simply for some of the people working there.

Over all, the company is great, you just need to keep up with its pace, if you can, then its a fun place to work with a lot of opportunity.
If you are related to the owner, then you'll be fine.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYNovember 17, 2018
Starting with the application process, terrible, Was told one thing then slipped into a different pay structure. Th are one of the highest cost Solar companies in the area and no tolerable at best. If management has a disagreement with you, then you will be fired. If you take initiative, you will be fired. If you jump and ask how high while in the air and can handle peoples insecurities and trust issues, then go for it, but remember, everyone is related in some way shape or form there. Get in early, work really later, then go home to start all over is truly not the best way to earn what they barely pay compared to what they are charging customers.
Pros
They use and supply laptops and jet paks.
Cons
Good luck! Probab;y be fired before you see a comm check, saw so much turn around.
Teaches you how to speak to people face to face if you wish to advance in a sales career
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYNovember 16, 2018
It was a fairly good experience I learned a lot about sales and how to interact with people face to face and develop a comfort building rapport and ultimately being able to perform a good sales pitch to get clients
Pros
The team always helps each other out
Cons
The expectation of making sales door to door during business hours on week days
Very disappointed don’t waste your time!
Solar Sales Technician / Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 14, 2018
Managment is very poor. They really need to hire managers that are leaders not just friends. Poorly ran business and customer cancel because of it. Working 6 days a week was awful. Customers called 24/7 with complaints. Not worth your time!
Cons
Wasted tons of money on gas and mileage
My Smart House LLC
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 29, 2018
We were driven in minivans to different neighborhoods to talk to people about the Buffalo Solar Initiative. We left notes of if they could make an appointment, if it was not a good time, not home or "no soliciting" signs. Breaks unpaid, hours were a little crazy.
Pros
Friendly people, timely transportation, we got taken to a stop for breakfast before starting.
Cons
Unpaid breaks, company vehicles got crowded, sometimes had to use personal phone.
high stress
Not available (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 15, 2018
high stress chaotic place
bad management
lots of yelling
lots of talk of advancements and bonuses... never given
very long hours
company has no respect for personal life
Scammers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 5, 2018
People always quitting. Leading people on with positions. Pushy staff. Manipulative, unprofessional management. Not good to workers, nor have their backs.
Needs Major Imorovements
Field Canvaser (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 3, 2018
Newsflash! Threatening employee's jobs, rather than encouraging and helping them perform better doesn't help productivity. Also, I had only received a total of 4 hours training.
I was warned
Marketing (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYAugust 8, 2018
People I spoke to warned me about the things I was saying about this job. All saying it sounded sketchy and too good to be true and it was. The training was horrific. Had little to no clue on what I was doing as did another person I started with. When I asked questions I was given extremely generic answers that didn't help the situation. If you like to harrass people as well this is the place. There was one client I saw had attempted to have been contacted 5 times that day and I was told to contact them still. I was also told to call people on a do not call list. At one point told to lie to customers if I have to to get in their door. You're told the job is one thing at the interview and the actuality is something else entirely. Inconsiderate people in managment. I had a very negative experience probably the worst job Ive ever had the misfortune to stumble upon. I honestly blame it to being such a new company and having no training in place and the managers not caring about anything but their own well being. This job may be for some definitely not for me.
Stay alert
Field Marketer (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 12, 2018
This company is great for your resume. The management team is alright. Trying to talk to the owners if you have any issues is just useless though (although they seem to encourage it during the interview). They hardly do anything to help, except put together a pep-talk. Very high turn-around rate. You'll probably get fired before you see your first commission
Not worth the trouble if you are looking for a company that will have your back
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 11, 2018
This company is great in the aspect that they are about the money and experience of customer service but they lack sincerely in taking care of there employees
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
poor management and leadership
Making employees post good company reviews
Employee (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYMay 23, 2018
The reviews tgat are being posted are inaccurate. The company is doing it to boost their image. Strangely enough, all negative reviews have been deleted. Not a good place to work.
The Job/Career You've Been Looking for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 30, 2018
Working at MSH thus far has been the most exciting chapter of my professional life.

AMAZING employees, everyone around you will work collaboratively and always with the end results targeted around the customers satisfaction. Continuous training opportunities and lots of room for growth.

You get out what you put into MSH and Ownership see's to that!

The attitude inside this company, it's culture, will breed inside of you a want to strive for greater heights in not just your professional career and pathing, but for YOU. MSH will be the means in which you can achieve your financial and life goals!
fireeee
Sales Technician (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYApril 26, 2018
wicked sweet very great group of guys and gals. a very fun environment to work in. tons of opportunities to move up in this company. a very BRIGHT future here at my smart house
Love the opportunity for growth
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 12, 2018
Prior to working at My Smart House I worked random low paying jobs. I never felt appreciated or respected.

Since I have started at My Smart House in Buffalo I have felt nothing but appreciated. They continue to train and develop you with the company. There is so much room for growth. I appreciate that my managers and the CEO know me by name and thank me for my hard work everyday.
Pros
Growth and Appreciation
Cons
N\a
Fun Office Environment
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYApril 12, 2018
I have worked at My Smart House for about 3 months now. The first 2 were spent mostly doing the phones and scheduling consultations. This is a job for some people but was not for me, I brought this to the attention of my managers and they were willing to help make my job more enjoyable and created a new position for me to assist with Data Entry, Customer Information Sheets, and General office assistance. The managers are down to earth, relatable, and very enjoyable to work with. Everyone here gets along great and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Fast Shifts, Good Environment, Flexible Schedule
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYApril 12, 2018
Switching careers was a scary thought.

My Smart House provided me with all the tools necessary to succeed and do my job effectively. I feel at home with our family life atmosphere.

Great pay, great benefits!
Pros
Great Training and Tools
I was a door to door solar salesman.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me walking door to door knocking on at least 150 doors.
I learned how to neutralize situations and my people skills improved.
My managers were nice, they always had incentives for us.
I became very close with all my coworkers.
Hardest part of the job was not getting results.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting recognized for my good work.