MyComputerCareer Employee Reviews

Changing Lives isn't only for our students!
Senior Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCDecember 5, 2018
I started working at MyComputerCareer as a part time Office Administrator at the Raleigh Campus. A little over a year passed and there was an opening for an Office Administrator the the Live Online Campus, I applied for the position and I was immediately hired. Within 5 months of being in that position, I got promoted to Senior Office Administrator. I not only assist students with preparing for the first day of class, but I also assist the Campus Directors with registrar tasks. I love this company so much because it provides a place of security and advancement. You will never be complacent working for MyComputerCareer because there is always room to grow & exceed. My bosses are the absolute best (no exaggeration) & the most understanding & down to earth people I have met in the company. I would recommend this job to anyone & everytime we have a job fair I am sure to post on my social media to spread the goodness of my place of work. To some it's just a job but to me it's so much more because it's allowed me to better myself & my life just like we do for our students. The journey doesn't stop here & I am very excited to see how far I will go. Forever blessed & grateful to be apart of such an amazing company!
December 14, 2018

This review warms our hearts! We are so very proud of all you have accomplished working here at MyComputerCareer! You started part time, steadly improved and worked hard in order to get to your current position of Senior Office Administrator. Your story is so inspiring for all who are working for you, with you and those who are reading this review! We are happy to have you as a part of our family! Can't wait to see what you accomplish next! Keep growing and exceeding!

MyCC is a great place to work.
Flex Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2018
My Computer Career is a very collaborative and educational place to work. The things that stand out are the culture of caring and supportive faculty. I have been encouraged to continue my education here as I graduated in june with all 9 Certifications and have since attained 2 more Linux essentials and the coveted Security +. This has been a dream job as I am new to the IT field, almost all of our faculty has been hand picked from the best of the best of alumni from the school. The hardest part of the job is trying to coach and motivate students that are having a hard time adjusting to continuing educational requirements which in turn when they succeed it is the best part of the job !
Pros
Free education, great learning environment.
Cons
Sometimes long evening hours.
December 13, 2018

You made a decision to make a career and life change! You chose MyComputerCareer to assist you gain the knowledge needed to make that change. We are so very thankful that you did! It takes a positive attitude and drive to complete our program. MyComputerCareer knows the benefits of hiring our students that have shown us a true understanding of the program and compassion to the other students. Congratulations on completing 9 certifications and then some! Welcome to the MyComputerCareer family! You are appreciated!

Don't bother!
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2018
This place is a disaster. RUN.RUN .RUN FAST and NEVER
look back. The job itself is pretty simple and straight to the point, but they try to make it complicated and stressful. PEOPLE/EMPLOYEES DO NOT LAST. THEY QUIT ON A DAILY BASIS. They have no time for this foolishness.Managers have NO CLUE what they are doing, every day the way things are done changes.Management is all over the place and so disorganized. The managers are fake and moody every day. One day they know you, the next day they don't. One day they say hello, the next day they look at you like they have NEVER seen you before.They are like little puppets walking around doing whatever they are told just to keep their jobs.They have CRAZY expectations. They operate in this little imaginary bubble.They lie to the employees and students.I have NOT met a person at here who is happy, the ones who act happy are just pretending because they have bills to pay and cannot afford to just quit.The program is NOT that great and it is NOT for EVERYONE. So STOP stressing your employees out, stop HARASSING these poor people who are trict to come on the website and are forced to put their information there. Not EVERYONE is desperate for a IT career. Not everyone is dying to enroll.The environment here is just TOXIC, STRESSFUL, and just not HEALTHY.ALL bad reviews are not written by angry people, this here is the TRUTH. BELIEVE ALL of the bad reviews you read here, they are TRUE, witnessed and experienced by real people.The company takes pride in hiring people daily, but can't retain them. JUST SAD. ALL they care about are NUMBERS.
  more... NOT helping students..JUST NUMBERS.
PLEASE GET IT TOGETHER ASAP MYCC before you go out of business like the rest.

**Save your time and do not copy & paste that same response that's under every BAD review**
Pros
Cons
Bad insurance
December 1, 2018

It obvious that this review was written by someone who has not ever and is not invested in the mission and values at MyComputerCareer. Every day we come to work passionate about changing our students. As an organization, we absolutely have high expectations, as we have thousands of students, as well as hundreds of employees that are trusting us with their livelihood.

With massive growth, change is inevitable, making pivots to processes has to happen and an organization can never please everyone. Negative reviews are a real part of life but the reality is that many reviews are used as outlets for unethical competitors to lash out at their competition or employees that anonymously want to bash their employers, usually without ever trying to go through processes to either make things better or get more educated on why they might feel the way that they do. Accountability is conveniently lost, which usually speaks to the employee themselves. Employees are given multiple platforms and processes to get help, to speak to someone if something is hurting their performance, enthusiasm or an outlet if something isn't aligning with MyComputerCareer values.

We try hard to help every employee have the best possible experience at work. All concerns are treated seriously and anyone who has a concern is treated with respect and dignity. We are obviously unable to verify anything about the individual from this account. On the chance that this is a real employee we would encourage them to call 866.606.6922 where they can be directed as appropriate or contact Human Resources directly where  more... their concerns will be addressed fairly and confidentially.  less

Terrible management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 3, 2018
Working with my computer career has its pros and cons of course . the job within the contact center is pretty easy and to the point but working with management that are mostly followers and not leaders is exactly what would be the downfall to the company and why numbers and communication's is at it minimum within this working environment.. Having manager whom are individuals that do not have their primary focus on their job but on things that don't no matter. many of the managers are women and so are most of the contact center staff members which leads to gossiping and jealousy towards other women. management would utilize other not so ethical employees to harass other employees while they are working which overall will lead to an Hostile environment
Pros
Company's great room for growth
Cons
Negative environment
December 1, 2018

It is unfortunate that you saw the room for great career growth within the company, but didn't have an experience that created an atmosphere where you wanted to stay and explore that growth potential. We do want every employee to have the best experience possible with MyComputerCareer and we work enthusiastically as a team to achieve that aim. All concerns are treated seriously and anyone who has a concern is treated with respect and dignity. Unfortunately we are unable to verify anything about the individual from this account. If this individual would like to converse further about these concerns please call 866.606.6922 where you can be directed as appropriate or contact Human Resources directly where your concerns will be addressed fairly and confidentially.

Great place to work!
Mentor Instructor (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 11, 2018
MyCC is a great place to work!! It would be nice to have annual reviews and cost of living raises. Other then that the benefits are good, and I work a 4 day week, and they are flexible with time off. Benefits are great and continuing to improve, and there is constant expansion.
Pros
Fun helping students succeed and start in IT
Cons
More consistent raises and accolades from management
October 25, 2018

Thank you for your review, Mentor Instructor! We agree that MyComputerCareer is a great place to work! Thank you for your assistance with our students completing MyComputerCareer's program!

Loved what I did
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Only opportunity for a salary increase was through promotion. Loved what I did in terms of helping students change their lives. Rarely any recognition for exceptional achievement unless you were part of an inner circle.
September 12, 2018

We want every employee to have the best experience possible at MyComputerCareer and we work enthusiastically as a organization to achieve that aim. I have worked for the company for almost 6 years, as well as managed multiple teams over those last six years. Confidently I can say that both of your statements are incorrect. Raises have and do happen without promotions and recognition of achievement happens when it is deserved. We have a HR department for very good reasons. You are welcomed and encouraged to contact the Human Resources department with more information, so that they can look further into any issue that you think has been missed. You are also always welcome to contact the CEO. That is open to all employees.

Terrible Management, Constant Frustration
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 30, 2018
I have never before worked at a place with such incompetent management. Anything that goes wrong, they will find a way to make it your fault. Anything they randomly decide is a threat to your work ethic is immediately demonized. How you are treated week to week is completely dependent on your numbers. If you have one bad week, it seems you have never had a good one. How well you are treated overall is dependent on whether you are one of the favorites. If they like you, they seem more willing to work with you. If they decide they dont like you, no amount of good work ethic can overcome their bias towards you.

Hard rules one week can be completely changed on a whim the next, and you likely wont be informed about it. You can be told how to do x data entry one day, and then it will change the next week. They will often respond to questions about change in procedure with "I never said that (about the old procedure,)" even if they expressly did. Also, training of new staff seems entirely focused on the conversation side of the job. While obviously important, this leaves training about data entry incredibly sparse. This results in new staff having no idea how to do half their job.

Working in the contact center will leave you paranoid about any action you take. Spend an extra minute peeing? Your dials better be up, or you will be noted as someone who takes too many breaks. All of management seems intent on keeping not so secret records about employees. Issues they have are never addressed when they come up. They simply take note, and will hold it against you at a later time.
  more... You'll never work at a place with as many whispering conversations in your life.

To be frank, I would never recommend working here to anyone. People are often fired for having bad numbers, and it seems likely the company will sell in a couple of years anyways (a move to a new building, more than doubling numbers from previous years, etc. seem rather... fishy.) You will never feel respected here. If you're desperate for a job and think the pay is what you need to get you through for a while, that is about the only way I could recommend working here.
Pros
Pay is decent, good benefits if you go full time, job isnt especially difficult
Cons
Everything else.
September 5, 2018

It is a surprise to read your comment on this online forum, as we we try hard to help every employee have the best possible experience at work. All concerns are treated seriously and anyone who has a concern is treated with respect and dignity.

Unfortunately, we are unable to verify anything about the individual from this account. On the slim chance that this was a real employee, we would encourage them to contact Human Resources directly where their concerns will be addressed fairly and confidentially. You have a choice, you can either communicate the issues that you are having or you don't.

If you are a current employee, the only chance at change is to contact your supervisor, Human Resources, or the CEO. All of those resources are available to you. Change does not happen through online forums, it happens by opening the door to resources that are available for you, as an employee to make a change.

Stressful
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 28, 2018
The boss is highly disrespectful to the employees. Do not work here. They hire you then pick on you. Treat and speak to you like you are a child. They are always promising you something that you will never get. Tell you they are like a “big family” but do not want you to be friends or have your co workers number. It is a lot of favortisim. They allow certain people to do things that they will tell you “you’re not allowed to do that”. They are constantly stressing you out and making you feel uncomfortable.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
They lie to employees, disrespect them. Pick on them and it is a lot of favortisim
September 5, 2018

Unfortunately, we are unable to verify anything about the individual from this account. On the slim chance that this was a real employee, we would encourage them to contact Human Resources directly where their concerns will be addressed fairly and confidentially. Change does not happen through online forums, it happens by opening the door to resources that are available for you, as an employee to make a change.

Do Not Do It
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2018
Yes this company is growing. However; they are really disorganized. Especially when it comes to training. I never got actual training and it seems that my job is always at risk. I am extremely stressed out and always concerned I may come in and get fired. Even though I feel I am doing my best considering nothing is ever conisistant with the job. Every other day things change and you never seem to know what's right to do.
Pros
Only benefits is PTO, healthcare.
Cons
Management please stop being negative with employees and please stop showing favortisim.
September 5, 2018

At MyComputerCareer we try hard to help every employee have the best possible experience at work. All concerns are treated seriously and anyone who has a concern is treated with respect and dignity.

A work environment with endless opportunity.
Financial Aid Planner (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCAugust 6, 2018
I have been an employee here for about 2 and a half months now and I love it. Even though my job is not MY dream job it is still very easy to be motivated to come to work because of my co workers and managers. The company takes fantastic care of it's employees and really emphasizes putting the student first.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your experience working in the Financial Aid Department at MyComputerCareer. We appreciate your feedback and people like you, with positive attitudes go far in this company. Continue to do a great job and take care of your students, you are appreciated and that will always be rewarded!

Student Oriented faculty with wonderful drive
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2018
You can't get far through the campus of Indianapolis MyCC without someone saying Good Morning to you, maybe stopping you to ask you about your day (especially if they know you're a student), and letting you know that there is someone there you can talk to.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your experience at the Indianapolis Campus. I will make sure that the information and kudos are given to the appropriate people. Knowing what we do great helps us to continue to do great things. Have a great day and keep working hard!

It’s a job
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 30, 2018
Very Stressful! Do this or be terminated. Do this and that or be terminated. Always threatening your job! Don’t Do it! Inconsistent. Don’t do it unless!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Stressing
April 19, 2018

Poor managment
Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
The upper management is filled with many family members and inner circle friends of the owner. Most of them are in positions in which they have no prior experience or transferable skills to be effective. The company is transitioning from a smaller company to a larger one and has experienced 50% and 60% growth in the past 2 years, but is still being managed with the mindset of a small company with inadequate strategic planning. Communication is severely lacking within the structure and the implementation of new directives is on a whim at best. Many of the decisions made are reactions rather than responses due to an inability to accurately analyze data and situations. The desire is for everyone to be a "Yes man" and was stated as such in a company wide meeting. The mission is to help people instead of being a mill of getting admissions and people through, yet the focus is heaviest on admissions and doing whatever to keep people from start to end. Many of the resources are being poured into the online campus and being taken from the brick and mortar ones. As a result, the quality of instruction and support is being severely impacted.

I would caution anyone seeking to work for them to pay attention to the reviews. Most of the positive reviews are solicited by management as is apparent through observing the clustering of them chronologically.
April 19, 2018

MyComputerCareer IS a company that strongly believes in promoting from within. In my years of working for MyComputerCareer I have been promoted 5 times. (And for the record I am not a family member.) The company consistently recognizes hard work and dedication. Student outcomes are one of the most important components to MyComputerCareer. Everyone works hard to make sure that we are providing the education and career development needed to make a successful career change into I.T.

MyComputerCareer has a very unique atmosphere. It's hard to even put into words. Your coworkers and your team become family. Employees are consistently involved in the creation of new ideas, concepts and programs through discussion, not dictatorship. I have been in every company-wide meeting in the last 5 years and have never heard anyone on the team tell employees, that they have to be a 'Yes Man'.

We are currently experiencing rapid growth, so we are constantly hiring in many different positions. If you are passionate about doing a job that truly matters, this is the place for you. We work hard, but we play hard too!

I worked here as a student
Information Technology Student (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 16, 2018
The fast based work is unfortunate for life building skillsets. Given a little more time and more details taught about the infrastructure and implementation of tools then this course would be perfect. The industry itself limits this as we are here to earn certs and not as much into the understanding of why this science works.
Nevertheless, as a rookie new to this industry the information has been priceless. The school is not to blame at all. Science is always expanding and nobody knows it all.
Pros
new career
Cons
its a gamble for your learning and retention skills
I was a full time student.
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
I came to achieve my first certifications at My Computer Career. I had great teachers who took the time to explain the material and also provide guidance.
Great Company, Great mission, plenty of work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 30, 2017
If you are passionate about training you will love this company! Best technical school I've ever worked.

Goals are specific and expectations are fair, salary is above industry average.

Team oriented environment
Pros
Great people, great vision, great pay
Cons
Can be clickish
The MyCC Way
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. In education you don't find to many privates schools that put their students first and this organization does! Career changes happening for so many people in a very short time. You will enjoy the work you do from the students who make it all worth wild.
Pros
Benefits, Atmosphere
Fun and Productive workplace at My Computer Career
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2017
Being in an environment that solely focuses on fostering growth for the student is unreal and refreshing. What I love the most is that we encourage each other every step of the way! I can only the company going up from here!
Love it!!!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2017
Great place to work, but only if you love helping people and having fun while you do it.

We work hard and we care. It is great to be somewhere where I am valued and heard.
Great company!
Career Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 27, 2017
MyComputerCareer is a great company to work for! The company continues to grow and celebrate successes in each department! I enjoy being able to work for a company that supports learning new skills to be able to best help our students and graduates find new careers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyComputerCareer. Our community is ready to answer.