MyComputerCareer Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It’s a job
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 30, 2018
Very Stressful! Do this or be terminated. Do this and that or be terminated. Always threatening your job! Don’t Do it! Inconsistent. Don’t do it unless!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Stressing
Official response from MyComputerCareer
April 19, 2018

At MyComputerCareer we try hard to help every employee have the best possible experience at work. All concerns are treated seriously and anyone who has a concern is treated with respect and dignity.

Unfortunately, we are unable to verify anything about the individual from this account. On the slim chance that this was a real employee, we would encourage them to contact Human Resources directly where their concerns will be addressed fairly and confidentially.

Poor managment
Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
The upper management is filled with many family members and inner circle friends of the owner. Most of them are in positions in which they have no prior experience or transferable skills to be effective. The company is transitioning from a smaller company to a larger one and has experienced 50% and 60% growth in the past 2 years, but is still being managed with the mindset of a small company with inadequate strategic planning. Communication is severely lacking within the structure and the implementation of new directives is on a whim at best. Many of the decisions made are reactions rather than responses due to an inability to accurately analyze data and situations. The desire is for everyone to be a "Yes man" and was stated as such in a company wide meeting. The mission is to help people instead of being a mill of getting admissions and people through, yet the focus is heaviest on admissions and doing whatever to keep people from start to end. Many of the resources are being poured into the online campus and being taken from the brick and mortar ones. As a result, the quality of instruction and support is being severely impacted.

I would caution anyone seeking to work for them to pay attention to the reviews. Most of the positive reviews are solicited by management as is apparent through observing the clustering of them chronologically.
Official response from MyComputerCareer
April 19, 2018

MyComputerCareer IS a company that strongly believes in promoting from within. In my years of working for MyComputerCareer I have been promoted 5 times. (And for the record I am not a family member.) The company consistently recognizes hard work and dedication. Student outcomes are one of the most important components to MyComputerCareer. Everyone works hard to make sure that we are providing the education and career development needed to make a successful career change into I.T.

MyComputerCareer has a very unique atmosphere. It's hard to even put into words. Your coworkers and your team become family. Employees are consistently involved in the creation of new ideas, concepts and programs through discussion, not dictatorship. I have been in every company-wide meeting in the last 5 years and have never heard anyone on the team tell employees, that they have to be a 'Yes Man'.

We are currently experiencing rapid growth, so we are constantly hiring in many different positions. If you are passionate about doing a job that truly matters, this is the place for you. We work hard, but we play hard too!

I worked here as a student
Information Technology Student (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 16, 2018
The fast based work is unfortunate for life building skillsets. Given a little more time and more details taught about the infrastructure and implementation of tools then this course would be perfect. The industry itself limits this as we are here to earn certs and not as much into the understanding of why this science works.
Nevertheless, as a rookie new to this industry the information has been priceless. The school is not to blame at all. Science is always expanding and nobody knows it all.
Pros
new career
Cons
its a gamble for your learning and retention skills
I was a full time student.
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
I came to achieve my first certifications at My Computer Career. I had great teachers who took the time to explain the material and also provide guidance.
Great Company, Great mission, plenty of work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 30, 2017
If you are passionate about training you will love this company! Best technical school I've ever worked.

Goals are specific and expectations are fair, salary is above industry average.

Team oriented environment
Pros
Great people, great vision, great pay
Cons
Can be clickish
The MyCC Way
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. In education you don't find to many privates schools that put their students first and this organization does! Career changes happening for so many people in a very short time. You will enjoy the work you do from the students who make it all worth wild.
Pros
Benefits, Atmosphere
Fun and Productive workplace at My Computer Career
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2017
Being in an environment that solely focuses on fostering growth for the student is unreal and refreshing. What I love the most is that we encourage each other every step of the way! I can only the company going up from here!
Love it!!!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2017
Great place to work, but only if you love helping people and having fun while you do it.

We work hard and we care. It is great to be somewhere where I am valued and heard.
Great company!
Career Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 27, 2017
MyComputerCareer is a great company to work for! The company continues to grow and celebrate successes in each department! I enjoy being able to work for a company that supports learning new skills to be able to best help our students and graduates find new careers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Most enjoyable place to study and work. Did both.Just liked it. All the staff are dedicated and focused on the success of students and changing lives.
Flex Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
One goal, one team
Mentor Instructor (Current Employee) –  Live OnlineOctober 26, 2017
A culture of working together for the benefit of the student is foremost in the minds of many. My life was changed as a result of being a student at MyComputerCareer. While I have my own short-comings, I am blessed now to have a position in the company with the hope only of improving and giving back to MyComputerCareer for the benefit of others.
Pros
remote employment
School
Flex Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
I find the Job at MYCC to be just the right place to start my IT career,
and why not I graduated from the program. It gives me more time to learn and perfect skills that is needed in the IT field.
Feels like family
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 26, 2017
Feels very much like family working here. Working with and getting to know the students is great also. There is always room to learn new things and room to move up.
Great Job!!
Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
The job is fun and the people are excellent. We work a lot of hours however I believe in time that will change. It is just necessary for the time being. I love the people I work with and we all strive to do our best for the students! We want them to succeed!!!
Pros
Great school who cares for its students!
Cons
none I can think of.
Great work environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
To be honest, I love how collaborative we are as a team. We move forward as one whole unit. Communication between management and the team is consistent and flows on a daily basis.
Great Place to Earn IT Certifications
Senior Managment (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
This is a really great place to go to earn IT Certifications. They really help you every step of the way. Career Services is amazing and will help you find a job in IT!! Changing Lives one Certification at a time!!
Student-Focused, Fast-Paced, Fun Training Company
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
It's a great place for individuals to transition into an IT Career. There are Day, Night, and Online Classes to meet almost any schedule. The curricula is fast-paced, but there is adequate time plus ample opportunities for students to gain the requisite knowledge if they attend class and do the work.

The Career Services Team is very good at job placement and I'm regularly impressed by the caliber of IT jobs they find for my students and graduates.

The Admissions Team works hard to meet the needs of their students.

Overall, they hire friendly staff members who truly care about each other and the students they serve.

It is definitely a good place to learn and work.
Love the success that comes through hard work
Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2017
The goal of student success is very apparent. It is the goal for each person to stretch to achieve the next level in their professional careers. The environment is centered around achieving success. It is such a great feeling to see that success from those that you work with and the students.
Productive and Caring Employees
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
Enjoy working with prospective students to help them make a transition into the IT field by obtaining top IT certifications to be placed with our corporate partners for employment.
Pros
The Program we provide our students and the team I work with.
Fun great place to work at
Success coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 25, 2017
I have throughly enjoyed my time working at MyCC, coworkers are all fun, managemen is also just as fun. The job can be stresdful at times, but it is extremely rewarding to help people turn their lives around!