MyEyeDr. Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Good company
Regional Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 14, 2018
Overall the company was good.
I had a great manager before the company decided to dissolve my position. They did very little to help find another position within the company at the same rate of pay.
The hardest part was getting some information for corp.
The most enjoyable was teaching and training the staff on new product.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Patient Service Coordinator/ Eyeglass Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 11, 2018
Management and upper management is terrible and very unprofessional. They talk badly about other employees and belittle people to make themselves feel better. While I was working at MyEyeDr I had a new manager every 6 months. management got their jobs by knowing somebody and that’s is it. They have no management skills whatsoever. During my time here I was talked about by management because I stood up for what was right and didn’t let them take advantage of me. They try to bully you into doing things you don’t want to do such as going to another location even when you arrived at your regular location and don’t want to drive an hour to the other. Management sits back while giving everybody else their work even though they are management duties. “Team meetings” were pointless because when you address a problem they get defensive and it becomes and argumentative meeting. I also had screenshots of the GM and DM talking about me on the company computers and nothing was done about it. The regional director himself came down after presenting these documents and told me it was all my fault. Because I went looking for information but in all actuality the GM left her chat up on another associates computer and they showed me. This company is a joke and only wants people’s money. The turnover rate is ridiculously high because they rather pay new employees less instead of giving raises to experienced employees. With my time at myeyedr (2-1/2years) I did not receive a single raise even though I was one of their top sellers in the COMPANY! There is no room for advancement with this company  more... unless you know upper management or be their “YES MAN”. They want you to bend over backwards and to live eat and sleep “MED” but will replace you or halt any progress you’ve made to get to the next level as soon as you don’t do what they want even if it isn’t morally right. They don’t care about inclimate weather nor pregnant women. The worst company I have ever worked for.  less
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything!!
Ok
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2018
The stores seem to do well and provide commission and bonuses but the distribution center was never given any incentive and there is no room for growth.
Cut throat
Optician/Assistance Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 10, 2018
you have be on your P's and Q's, managers will lie on you and they sleep with their employees and have their favs. everyone is out for themselves if you are looking to make a career out of this you have to be a strong person and deal with some BS
Enjoyed working with people
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 7, 2018
Most days were smooth, but some days were very hectic. Should have a standby or floating tech to help in situations when we were short staffed. Had the ability to help out in different areas of the office which gave you the opportunity to learn more.
its only good for part time
Optician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 3, 2018
you are forced to do anything to close a sale including lie if that means closing a sale
management only cares about money
competitive and catty co workers
benefits
work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDAugust 29, 2018
As a growing Global company with many moving parts, communication within departmental roles can be difficult. However, this is an area that has greatly improved overtime and the company has offered different initiatives to ensure/assess growth.
Run?
General Manager (Former Employee) –  HarrisonburgAugust 27, 2018
The upper management (DM) treated staff awful even customer commented on negituve treatment. We were asked to write positive reviews but most didn't. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Long hours and treatment by upper management
Great company
General Manager (45hours/week) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, ncAugust 9, 2018
Just great if you need to grow personally in a solid industry. The company had lots of room to grow ants is focus on growing with its employees and providing career advancement add it grows.
Crazy Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
They came in and purchased a great hi end company and flipped it 360 degrees. Took away frames that you don't find at other places and replaced them with cheap stuff that you find everywhere. It used to be fun to come to work and help patients. Very difficult to special order a frame, it takes 10 days to get once you do order it where it used to take 2 days. Had 8 webinars in February that started at 7am on Mondays and Fridays! It took them 2 years to discover that you do need to staff the offices. 80% of original acquired staff have left. Be ready to fill out forms for everything you do, take out the trash check it off the list. I could go on and on, just scroll past any job with this company.
Pros
few
Cons
poor management
Not what I was told
Eyewear consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2018
I had hoped to be going into a job that was a nice place to work and comfortable, advancement opportunities, great work life balance... NO! Upper management doesn't care about the staff just the money you make the company.
Licensed Dispensing Optician
Licensed Dispensing Optician Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJuly 25, 2018
The Position of Licensed Dispensing Optician is to analyze prescriptions and make recommendations that provide the highest quality vision care to patients. The Licensed Optician fits, measures and adjusts eyeglasses to exceed the patients needs and expectations. Additionally, opticians problem solve any difficulty Rx issues as well as provide a patient with expert assistance to make the patient’s vision care experience friendly and informative.
With the manager and Optician can adjust the patient's glasses to meet their needs rather it be by discounting product to make it affordable, providing the patient with constructive criticism and giving honest opinions on the look of their eyeglass selection and by empowering the optician to do the job that is necessary to make the customer happy by doing what is necessary to meet their needs and selection.
I have learned that patient's do not like to hear the words "I do not Know" and no follow through. They do however like to hear " I do not know, but I will find out" Guarding your words and making them in the best interest of the patient is important for customer service and repeat business, and most important referral business.
The workplace is like your home away from home. we spend 8 hours at work, 8 hours for rest and slumber and the other 8 for family and other vocations.This making the store employees your second family and the store your second home. Peace and harmony should prevail within the workplace just as it does throughout the otherv16 hours of your day.
The hardest part of my job is going home
  more... and leaving something undone or unfinished. Not being able to make that patient happy with their purchase due to the adjustment or their buyer's remorse. It is hard when you cannot get that one detail a patient is looking for right and they just accept it the way it is. Not making that adjustment 100% satisfying make the day hard as well as making the patient see properly through their glasses. 8 out of 10 time the adjustment can fix the patients Rx and make the glasses Rx correct just by properly fitting them. Though these are hard this is part of the job of making the patient happy which is important to repeat and referral business. Hard is on what you make it and most of the time it is mostly easy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making that patient see everything "clearly" for the first time and watching their facial expression and eye emotions light up with happiness, excitement and satisfaction that we as a team made this happen by doing want we do and that is "making the best quality glasses" which allow everyone to see the worlds beauty through those lenses or for that special someone to look at their partner and see that we help them select the glasses that allowed their love in their life to look great while enjoying all that beauty. Also great to see that young boy or girl put their first pair of glasses on and really see for the first time. The excitement that fills within them and give you the opportunity to experience that moment of childhood for yourself even if it is jus for the moment.
Over all... I have done this for over 20+ years and still love to do what I do every day. Whether working in the lab manufacturing the eyewear or being on the sales floor as and LDO Sales Consultant. Making people see is what I love about my job and it is exciting and delightful to see all the new advancements companies are coming up with to make these things happen.
Pros
Satified Patients
Cons
Unsatisfied patients
Cookie cutter
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Too corporate and lacks human element in business decisions. My ability to make specific decisions based on my location were taken away. No automony in frame selection and no communication from corporate.
Pros
Decent medical insurance and health care. 401k contribution
Cons
No chance of growth
Decent for someone coming out of high school.
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJuly 4, 2018
Current manager is awesome and very understandable. Pay sucks and the employees at the bottom of the food chain are not shown much appreciation. They are more worried about making bank than keeping those who actually sell their product satisifed.
Very stressful
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VA 22701June 27, 2018
Working for Myeyedr was the most stressful job I have ever had. This company is very money driven, does not care about their employees. This company was more working about their daily goal numbers than helping the patients that were in the office.
Great for entry level positions
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2018
This company is great for entry level positions. Doesn’t hire or promote managers from within very often. Sometimes management can be extremely unprofessional with regards to gossiping and poor communication skills.
Poor management.
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2018
Management is a joke. Very condescending and will talk to you how they want to. District manager walks in and looks at you like you are equivalent to the dirt on her shoe. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Management, Diversity, Pay, Commision, Discrimination
PSC and Eyewear Consultant
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2018
High turnover rate with this company. The pay is not high enough, and the company policies make the work day stressful. The coworkers and managers are good.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
Some offices work weekends, high turnover rate, low pay
Ok place to work for a small town
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 11, 2018
Turn over is problem, employees are asked to keep up with multiple jobs and areas at once, employees are made to travel and train new employees without any training pay to account for you doing the work of two people. The upper management will take advantage of you if you let them.
Pros
paycheck every two weeks, insurance, 401k, paid vacation time
Cons
You are asked to do so much that your paycheck will never equal your stress level at this job.
great company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMay 24, 2018
Good benefits and rewards those who work hard. Great company values and leaders. Always looking to grow company and their empoyees. Would recommend to anyone..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyEyeDr.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight