MyEyeDr. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Cookie cutter
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Too corporate and lacks human element in business decisions. My ability to make specific decisions based on my location were taken away. No automony in frame selection and no communication from corporate.
Pros
Decent medical insurance and health care. 401k contribution
Cons
No chance of growth
Decent for someone coming out of high school.
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJuly 4, 2018
Current manager is awesome and very understandable. Pay sucks and the employees at the bottom of the food chain are not shown much appreciation. They are more worried about making bank than keeping those who actually sell their product satisifed.
Very stressful
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VA 22701June 27, 2018
Working for Myeyedr was the most stressful job I have ever had. This company is very money driven, does not care about their employees. This company was more working about their daily goal numbers than helping the patients that were in the office.
Great for entry level positions
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2018
This company is great for entry level positions. Doesn’t hire or promote managers from within very often. Sometimes management can be extremely unprofessional with regards to gossiping and poor communication skills.
Poor management.
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2018
Management is a joke. Very condescending and will talk to you how they want to. District manager walks in and looks at you like you are equivalent to the dirt on her shoe. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Management, Diversity, Pay, Commision, Discrimination
PSC and Eyewear Consultant
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2018
High turnover rate with this company. The pay is not high enough, and the company policies make the work day stressful. The coworkers and managers are good.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
Some offices work weekends, high turnover rate, low pay
Ok place to work for a small town
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 11, 2018
Turn over is problem, employees are asked to keep up with multiple jobs and areas at once, employees are made to travel and train new employees without any training pay to account for you doing the work of two people. The upper management will take advantage of you if you let them.
Pros
paycheck every two weeks, insurance, 401k, paid vacation time
Cons
You are asked to do so much that your paycheck will never equal your stress level at this job.
great company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMay 24, 2018
Good benefits and rewards those who work hard. Great company values and leaders. Always looking to grow company and their empoyees. Would recommend to anyone..
Bad!
Optician (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 25, 2018
This company is sad! Bad place to work for sure! It’s all about making money for the company and not about the employees that have to work their butts off for nothing! Patients yell at you for nothing, they make you work crazy hours and management never backs you up! Don’t do it!
They Undervalue Employees
Patient Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 13, 2018
I'll start with the good first, the people that trained me in 2012 including the manager were the best, I went in when MED had around 60 stores. That was a time when they actually cared about the patient and the experience that employees have. All the doctors are amazing and good people. Slowly when they started to expand they became more careless about the experience but they paid those employees better than employees such as myself that already had experience in optical/retail. Yes, they care more about profit and ripping off patients than caring for their employees and the benefit of the patients. I started in Manassas VA and was moved between that location and the Bristow VA location. Later when I moved I was put in the Falls Church VA location and traveled to Fairfax VA, Merrifield VA, Springfield VA, Alexandria VA (both Alexandria locations), Vienna VA, and Corporate in Vienna VA, needless to say, they made me travel a lot and paid $10 for travel, all because I can Pre-test, sell, supervise, place orders, do contact lenses sales and classes. So they also abused the fact that I could do the job of 5 people with them only paying me $13.50 an hour, after working there some years I only got a .50 cent raise for all that I could do. Newer employees were getting paid $14-$17 an hour without as much experience. I was then told that the Falls Church location was promised to someone else (which seemed odd to me) and that it was mandatory for me to travel from my home in Manassas to Alexandria VA or I could lose my job, which with traffic that's a 2-3hr drive there and back  more... without compensation or consideration. I applied for a position in corporate and was told by the general manager at that time, that I was not eligible for that position. Then I quit and moved to Maryland and exactly a month later corporate called me to see if I was still interested in the position for corporate and after how I was treated all those years I just had to decline. There were more bad things that happened to me, and this review is long enough, but my main point is to be very careful about working here, even with experience and doing everything they want you to do they will still not care about the employee and play favorites.  less
Pros
Experience, some good co-workers, for experience only
Cons
low pay, too much travel, bad treatment, no consideration, too much work little money, abuse of time
Stressful place to work with little benefits and lack of educational backup
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2018
Felt like a assembly line . Very little patient interaction.
Optical manager was awful. Educational opportunities
we’re not there. Employee concerns and questions were not addressed. One narrow minded goal, bring in the patients, hurry through and move on to the next. Felt like patients weren’t allowed to ask questions.
Pros
Discount on glasses
Cons
Poorly managed
Dont waste your time...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 26, 2018
It's just a waste of time for any smart person with real career goals. This is a retailer with a very high turnover. Stay away.. Keep scrolling..there are plenty of jobs out there. Chances are, you will end up leaving in less that 6 month like everyone else so don't waste your time and energy.
Pros
Its a job
Collaborative and fast paced
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 17, 2018
I liked working for MyEyeDr for the most part. It was a young and energetic staff. My general manager was nice but not always professional. Sometimes the customer service aspects are less than idea; you get yelled at by patients for things that aren't in your control. Overall it was okay.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
It's hard to find the time for breaks.
review
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 16, 2018
stressful environment with not enough employees to meet the challenges of each day. Patients were last on their list to please, they only intend to make a huge profit. NO integrity. I should have listened to the other reviews RUN
Good Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2018
My Eye Dr is a company that is taking over many smaller eye care centers. They have a good company culture and even though the job can be stressful it is exciting and fun.
Great coworkers and doctors
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Upper management know nothing about optics. Can't even pretest or sell glasses because they know nothing about lenses . Coworkers were great and doctors as well. The fact that people come in saying"back when it was spex" and complain about everything says a lot..... . The store managers are not treated properly . Over working them and not being considerate of their personal lives. The company is very low staff... (because everyone is leaving).
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Almost everything
great team based company
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 18, 2018
i LOVED working here. the team was great the optometrist was great! i learned so much about optometry and other things that related to heal and the eye. learned about medical billing and coding.
Pros
working with great people, pay was good
Cons
long hours.
Poor management
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 14, 2018
Company should hire people who are really interested in learning and the managers need to take actions to things that are not done correctly, that prevents others from taking credits for their hard work. Working with people in the medical field is important and taking the necessary time with patients is as well.
myeyedr
Optometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 12, 2018
The work schedule is not horrible, but I do not recommend it if you have a family, some nights and weekends you will have to work. The benefits are good. Very retail oriented even on the Doctor office side.
Never get your breaks
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 8, 2018
General manager are unprofessional . Never get your breaks and lunches. Work 6 days straight. Short handed at every locations. Unprofessional employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyEyeDr.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight