MyEyeDr. Employee Reviews

Great Part Time,
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DMVOctober 7, 2018
I love it. It's the perfect part time job. I honestly don't have any complaints, I'm still fairly new. A typical day is usually very structured, the leads/training team are masters at what they do. It isn't hard work, at all. I'm grateful that this isn't the kind of job that comes home with you, every day is a new day. It's about time management and knowing what to do. The work culture (my specific district) is awesome, they did a great job of creating a close knit work environment. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and management is very understanding. The doctors are pleasant and efficient. There is a lot of flexibility. I cannot speak on the full time benefits (PTO, insurance, etc.)
Pros
Very minimal stress, work culture, flexibility, work load, training, upper management, compensation (part time), team building
Cons
Nothing that isn't in the process of being fixed already
Was Ok at first, but then I hated it
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 2, 2018
The manager and fellow employees stick together against new hires. At first they are all nice but as soon as you know how to do everything, guess who has to do everything by themselves. Usually I wouldn't complain; however when three technicians are on the clock and only ONE is doing everything while the other two are on there phones or "hanging out" no matter how busy it gets is bull. I never once got a raise or an advancement opportunities even though there was proof I did mostly everything myself. I am not saying ever location is this way but this location is.
Pros
free food when its someones birthday or last day
Cons
as a parent the benefits SUCK
We help patients live their best lives!
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
I love working for MyEyeDr.! It has been a rewarding experience from the moment I joined. My retail background and passion for healthcare was married together as one and I am able to help provide patients with the gift of sight. I help patients see, look and feel their best based on their individual vision needs. I educate them on our products that help them see clearly, look stylish all while helping them keep their eyes happy and healthy. I love the doctors I am able to work side by side with and the collaborative, team spirit allows me to enjoy my co-workers as well. We are together 8-10 hours a day at times and this is really important to like who you are spending your days with. We have good benefits, pay is competitive and I believe with our incentive bonuses probably better than most other local companies. We have job security as a growing company and I've had the opportunity to grow and move up with my hard work and dedicated work ethic. We do have goals to meet, these are based on how well we take care of our patients, we are a business at the end of the day and we sell eyewear to help patients see and look their best. The hardest part of the job is not always having a consistent schedule, we work around the needs of the patients and lunches can sometimes be late if our patients are running behind or we have an emergency walk in.
Pros
Fun atmosphere with a rewarding ending, improved vision!
Cons
Break times scattered and busy season is busy :)
Love my office, not the company
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 25, 2018
Like any company that is controlled by corporate there are a bunch of nonsense policies in place that make it difficult for employees to balance outside life with work (eg PTO, required hours, required training). While the company does offer room for improvement and learning, employees are not compensated for cross training and can only receive a raise yearly and at a maximum of a few cents...
its only good for part time
Optician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 3, 2018
you are forced to do anything to close a sale including lie if that means closing a sale
management only cares about money
competitive and catty co workers
benefits
Not what I was told
Eyewear consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2018
I had hoped to be going into a job that was a nice place to work and comfortable, advancement opportunities, great work life balance... NO! Upper management doesn't care about the staff just the money you make the company.
Excellent experience (mostly)
Optician Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GADecember 14, 2018
A thoroughly enjoyable experience working for MyEyeDr. Disagreements with poor management choices became too numerous for me to stay with the organization.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Upper Management lacks consistency.
Ok place to work for a small town
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 11, 2018
Turn over is problem, employees are asked to keep up with multiple jobs and areas at once, employees are made to travel and train new employees without any training pay to account for you doing the work of two people. The upper management will take advantage of you if you let them.
Pros
paycheck every two weeks, insurance, 401k, paid vacation time
Cons
You are asked to do so much that your paycheck will never equal your stress level at this job.
Run?
General Manager (Former Employee) –  HarrisonburgAugust 27, 2018
The upper management (DM) treated staff awful even customer commented on negituve treatment. We were asked to write positive reviews but most didn't. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Long hours and treatment by upper management
Crazy Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
They came in and purchased a great hi end company and flipped it 360 degrees. Took away frames that you don't find at other places and replaced them with cheap stuff that you find everywhere. It used to be fun to come to work and help patients. Very difficult to special order a frame, it takes 10 days to get once you do order it where it used to take 2 days. Had 8 webinars in February that started at 7am on Mondays and Fridays! It took them 2 years to discover that you do need to staff the offices. 80% of original acquired staff have left. Be ready to fill out forms for everything you do, take out the trash check it off the list. I could go on and on, just scroll past any job with this company.
Pros
few
Cons
poor management
Does not care about patients, only revenue
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 16, 2018
Very negatively focused on behaviors. No positive reinforcement to speak of. Company allows upper management to make their own district decisions based on personal feelings and at the expense of the employees involved. New district manager is completely incompetent and has no clue what they are doing. DM doesn't effectively communicate with team.
Pros
Great Doctors and lots of great staff
Cons
All of the above
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Patient Service Coordinator/ Eyeglass Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 11, 2018
Management and upper management is terrible and very unprofessional. They talk badly about other employees and belittle people to make themselves feel better. While I was working at MyEyeDr I had a new manager every 6 months. management got their jobs by knowing somebody and that’s is it. They have no management skills whatsoever. During my time here I was talked about by management because I stood up for what was right and didn’t let them take advantage of me. They try to bully you into doing things you don’t want to do such as going to another location even when you arrived at your regular location and don’t want to drive an hour to the other. Management sits back while giving everybody else their work even though they are management duties. “Team meetings” were pointless because when you address a problem they get defensive and it becomes and argumentative meeting. I also had screenshots of the GM and DM talking about me on the company computers and nothing was done about it. The regional director himself came down after presenting these documents and told me it was all my fault. Because I went looking for information but in all actuality the GM left her chat up on another associates computer and they showed me. This company is a joke and only wants people’s money. The turnover rate is ridiculously high because they rather pay new employees less instead of giving raises to experienced employees. With my time at myeyedr (2-1/2years) I did not receive a single raise even though I was one of their top sellers in the COMPANY! There is no room for advancement with this company  more... unless you know upper management or be their “YES MAN”. They want you to bend over backwards and to live eat and sleep “MED” but will replace you or halt any progress you’ve made to get to the next level as soon as you don’t do what they want even if it isn’t morally right. They don’t care about inclimate weather nor pregnant women. The worst company I have ever worked for.  less
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything!!
Great Place to Work
Optician- Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time here until I got into a car accident and they fired me because I couldn't make it into work. I had to take off 2 weeks because of my injuries and they fired me.
Pros
Great Area
Cons
Not complete breaks
Cut throat
Optician/Assistance Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 10, 2018
you have be on your P's and Q's, managers will lie on you and they sleep with their employees and have their favs. everyone is out for themselves if you are looking to make a career out of this you have to be a strong person and deal with some BS
great company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMay 24, 2018
Good benefits and rewards those who work hard. Great company values and leaders. Always looking to grow company and their empoyees. Would recommend to anyone..
Great company
General Manager (45hours/week) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, ncAugust 9, 2018
Just great if you need to grow personally in a solid industry. The company had lots of room to grow ants is focus on growing with its employees and providing career advancement add it grows.
Run away
Optician Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 4, 2018
Run away quickly bad management poor pay cutthroat it was bad from day 1 would never recommend to anyone management is a joke runa away fast as you can
Cookie cutter
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Too corporate and lacks human element in business decisions. My ability to make specific decisions based on my location were taken away. No automony in frame selection and no communication from corporate.
Pros
Decent medical insurance and health care. 401k contribution
Cons
No chance of growth
Run while you can....
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 22, 2017
The pay is terrible. When you are interviewed you believe you will come out making $16-20 an hour in commission. Its a joke. Some peoples insurances you'll spend an hour with and you'll end up making $1.00. The bonuses take over 2 months to post. Be sure to get a firm base pay thats higher because you won't make it up in commission. I feel completely lied too. I do enjoy the culture and the work life balance. Its an enjoyable job and I'd love to make it a career.... except for every other Friday when I get absolutely no salary. If you are 18 years old and still living at home this is a great starter job. However, if you are a grown adult with bills and responsibilities go find a better paying job elsewhere.
Pros
Work life balance, great team behind you.
Cons
Pay.
Good company
Regional Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 14, 2018
Overall the company was good.
I had a great manager before the company decided to dissolve my position. They did very little to help find another position within the company at the same rate of pay.
The hardest part was getting some information for corp.
The most enjoyable was teaching and training the staff on new product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyEyeDr.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight