MyEyeDr.
47Low

MyEyeDr. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
It is a nice place to work you learn a lot about insurance.
This job is a good job however, it requires a lot of attention. You need to be able to be a quick and fast worker and learner. As a Patient Care Service Coordinator, you have to be able to multitask and tend to customers and answer phone calls.
Work from home during the pandemic
While I am thankful to have a job, benefits are being cut, and there is not a good feeling at work right now. Some employees are highly favored since they are related to higher ups and those employees can get away without completing their work. In fact, on our weekly conference, some work from home employees check in from their beds. It's really an unprofessional environment.
Not the Worst Job
This review is my personal opinion and my experience working with MyEyeDr. in this particular location. The reason I say this is because Vienna is considered a high volume office and therefore, the demands are different from those of a low volume office.
Working as a Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) is a great opportunity for those seeking to strengthen their multi-tasking and customer service skills, as well as those interested in learning about/entering the optical field.

What I truly enjoyed about working at this location were my coworkers, the primary optometrist, the occasional Saturday lunch, and not having to work on Sunday's. My coworkers were friendly and funny, so being around them made time go by quickly even on the most hectic days.

Day to day tasks as a PSC consisted of answering phone calls, pre-testing, retrieving insurance information and authorizing it, preparing paperwork, scanning documents, running reports, responding to emails, processing contact lenses orders, dispensing glasses and/or contacts, and even conducting contact lenses classes. While this isn't difficult work, it can feel overwhelming during peak times or when short-staffed.

What I disliked the most about working with this company was the pay. Similar to other reviews, I felt that I wasn't compensated as much as I should've for all the work I did. I often felt burnt out and tired because of the busy days at the office. Additionally, I wasn't happy with the lack of structure in training so I ended up teaching myself by doing the work and asking many questions. Teaching contact lenses
 - more...
Rife with Incompetency and Favoritism
This company doesn't advance employees based on competency level, but rather based it on who you know and how much you kiss up to the District Manager. Management is full of people who don't know how to perform their role, or are too immature for it, but they know the district manager and tell him what he wants to hear so they are fast tracked. Their "Emerging Leader" program is a joke because it gives the managers a reason to overwork you, without an increase of pay or guarantee of advancement for your hard work.
challenging and productive
Control and efficiently manage labor resources within the lab, ensure cost of goods sold are minimized, in addition to ensure that the office delivers customer service that exceeds the patient’s expectation personally by getting the glasses ready sooner then expected. Handle some of the patient complaints that are escalated within the office.

Sadly I often find myself unsatisfied because there is so much more I can do but can't reach my potential because of the company structure.
workplace experience
Company should invest in higher budget for salary to pay patient service coordinaotors. Requires a lot of time and patience and work with no advancement
Absolutely Horrible
They believe in gang stalking to push there employees out . They do not believe in paying unemployment. It’s slave work with a fancy name if I were you there are better jobs to apply for.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
This company claims to be very family-oriented. But they're not.
The department I work for is really not a good department. There no growth in this company it's who you know. When I began there was many people in my group we now down to unless than 4. This department has a high turn over rate. They treat you like a child. The leads are young and has no experience and they don't know how to talk to people. My department has brought in a group of people from other company and paid them more
Pros
No weekends
Cons
No time off no vacation
Growing, successful company...
Knowing how the company all started and being part of the growth was exciting, however, from a healthcare standpoint, MyEyeDr is sales based, their focus is revenue by any means necessary and that can bring in management that is not exactly focused on the patient's health. If you are okay with that and want a fun sales job, this is the place.
Patient Service Coordinator
Great Company to work with. Schedule was flexible and allowed room for learning and advancement within the company. Supervisors easy to communicate with.
MED is a great place to work! The organization is driven my the company mission to help patients live their best lives, in addition the work life balance is excellent.
No room for advancement
Poor pay, many good people leave because the company is not willing to pay anyone a reasonable salary. I am always taking on new tasks but am not fairly compensated
Growing enviroment
Setup the Office to prepare for Appointments ensure everything is in its corective place, presentable and organized i.e Frames, Sunglasses, Order Trays. Over my years there ive obtained thorough knowledge of optical practice. The workplace was an ever growing enviroment of new oppurtunities. Harderst part of the Job on a day to day basis would sometimes trying to honor a patients custom request with an expedited delivery although to relay what the customer asked for in a timely fashion is very gratifying which I could say would be one the most enjoyable part of the job aside from meeting and networking with somemany different people
Pros
Incentives and comission
Cons
30 min break for 8+ Hour Days
Awesome
I love working at my eye doctor it has shown me so much and opened me up to so much know and learned so much more about the health of the eye and how so many different things create an amazing sight
Good company
Overall the company was good.
I had a great manager before the company decided to dissolve my position. They did very little to help find another position within the company at the same rate of pay.

The hardest part was getting some information for corp.

The most enjoyable was teaching and training the staff on new product.
Cut throat
you have be on your P's and Q's, managers will lie on you and they sleep with their employees and have their favs. everyone is out for themselves if you are looking to make a career out of this you have to be a strong person and deal with some BS
They Undervalue Employees
I'll start with the good first, the people that trained me in 2012 including the manager were the best, I went in when MED had around 60 stores. That was a time when they actually cared about the patient and the experience that employees have. All the doctors are amazing and good people. Slowly when they started to expand they became more careless about the experience but they paid those employees better than employees such as myself that already had experience in optical/retail. Yes, they care more about profit and ripping off patients than caring for their employees and the benefit of the patients. I started in Manassas VA and was moved between that location and the Bristow VA location. Later when I moved I was put in the Falls Church VA location and traveled to Fairfax VA, Merrifield VA, Springfield VA, Alexandria VA (both Alexandria locations), Vienna VA, and Corporate in Vienna VA, needless to say, they made me travel a lot and paid $10 for travel, all because I can Pre-test, sell, supervise, place orders, do contact lenses sales and classes. So they also abused the fact that I could do the job of 5 people with them only paying me $13.50 an hour, after working there some years I only got a .50 cent raise for all that I could do. Newer employees were getting paid $14-$17 an hour without as much experience. I was then told that the Falls Church location was promised to someone else (which seemed odd to me) and that it was mandatory for me to travel from my home in Manassas to Alexandria VA or I could lose my job, which with traffic that's a 2-3hr drive there and back - more...
Pros
Experience, some good co-workers, for experience only
Cons
low pay, too much travel, bad treatment, no consideration, too much work little money, abuse of time
Dont waste your time...
It's just a waste of time for any smart person with real career goals. This is a retailer with a very high turnover. Stay away.. Keep scrolling..there are plenty of jobs out there. Chances are, you will end up leaving in less that 6 month like everyone else so don't waste your time and energy.
Pros
Its a job
typical retail company
This is not a good place to work, if you are out of high school. There is no real HR dept. you should avoid this company at all cost especially if you have hair on your head.
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
No Morals
The managers here are trained to rip patients off. We are told to lie to patients about insurance benefits and if we don't, we get in trouble for it. There's also a severe problem with favoritism. Don't work here if you have morals and have issues with ripping people off.
Pros
Employee discount
Good for Sales People, Bad for Opticians
All in all, it's not an awful place to work however there are a lot of ethical issues. Very sales driven and "operationally minded" company where the patients do come second no matter how much they may claim otherwise. Everything is cost cutting to the bone. The management is fairly responsive but there's a lot of bureaucracy in the way of getting anywhere in the company.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Not Great for Licensed Staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyEyeDr.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight