Myriad Genetics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Myriad is a stable, solid company with a bright future.
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2018
Myriad is a great place to work with an important mission, the work here is very important to the lives of all the people who have their DNA tested. Myriad provides an excellent work life balance with many paid holidays and an abundance of vacation hours. The best part of Myriad is the stability and the concern for accurate patient results.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, holidays
Cons
Well established management so very few opportunities for advancement.
The grass isn't always greener
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2018
Myriad has been a great place to work. Depending on the department you're in, there may not be a lot of room for career advancement, which is something they always promote.
There tends to be a lot of contradictory information that comes out. Policies that are in place but not always enforced.
Work Culture
Manufacturing & Development Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 24, 2018
Very team oriented, the only reason why i have managed to stay this long is because of my co workers, always willing to help each other out no matter how hectic the work environment is. Co workers are a big part why this work place is so enjoyable
Pros
co workers
Good culture, slow advancement
Laboratory Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2018
I liked the people, but the pay wasn't great and it seemed as though you had to be there a good while to get a worth while promotion. I was over qualified for the position I held and was bored at my position.
Pros
atmosphere and colleagues
Cons
slow advancement
Great work environment, good community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2018
Many opportunities. Great people. Good benefits. Flexibility. Employees given the opportunity to understand all aspects of the company. Very cooperative and collaborative.
Pros
Exercise classes and workout room; good benefits; paid education; flexibility
A great place to work
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2018
Very people oriented! Management is very hands on and willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Wonderful people work here. Everyone is friendly.
Pros
On site gym
Cons
Few food places nearby
my summary
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2018
This job is great. This company is thoughtful about their tests. Their tests are expensive for patients. My desires are in a different area of sales though.
Pros
Great tests
Cons
Advancement
Fun and lively
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2018
fun great chance for advancement - learning always. The sales meetings are always a great chance to cross fertilize and share best practices which I really loved - Super Company to work for would like to come back
Pros
work life
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2018
This place was a nice place to work. I was glad to have the opportunities I received there. Best luck to those who apply there in the future. Nice folks.
Friendly and Fast Pace
Administrative Assistant/ Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2018
I loved working at Myriad Genetics Inc due to the quick paced and motivated leaders. Every department advances with innovated ideas and create a great balance of friendship and professionalism.
Pros
Health Insurance, Hsa, 401k, Stock Options, People
Cons
Parking

Want to know more about Myriad Genetics, Inc.?

Ask a question
Ok, but there are better companies in research Park.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTNovember 24, 2017
Myriad was an ok place to start out after college but the pay is probably less than other biotech companies in the area. My management team did not manage at all and issues regarding workplace problems were ignored. If this is the only place that will hire you it is an adequate option to get some lab experience but not a long term career.
Pros
Profit sharing, Christmas bonus
Cons
Hours, poor managment
Great company!
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2018
Love working for Myriad. The CEO definitely strives to put the employees and company first. They are very competitive when it comes to pay and benefits.
Unfair work environment for non-tenured employees
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 2, 2017
Many employees that have been in this position of Patient Advocate for 10+ years have an easy, relaxed day with hardly any expectations to meet requirements at all. As a new person to the company, you will be pinned with all of the excess work that these tenured employees don't want to do, on top of that you will be paid for less for working much more.
The best place to work!
Automation Tech III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2017
I love this place. Wish I could work here again. The people are awesome. Management is amazing. Work is fun. The CEO really care about the employees and company morale. The pay could be better but that is offset by the great atmosphere of the company! This place taught me so much and I made so many friends. If you love teamwork,science, great atmosphere and awesome people; this is definitely the place for you.
Good Place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2017
Good team atmosphere and plenty of work. No shortage of Over time that you could grab. Nice perks including bonuses
Management worked with teams communicating changes in policy and procedures as well as SOPs.
Pros
Fun team building with lots of things to learn if you wanted to.
Cons
Disatance from home. pay could be a bit higher
Rules Based Medicine was a great company to work for as a startup and still is as a thriving public company, Myriad RBM.
Sales Representative - International Distribution (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2014
I recommend working at Myriad RBM. Management is pretty easy going but very professional. The culture is fun within the company. Most people want to know each other or be friends, and more than just co-workers. If you are driven and intelligent you can move up in the company, but it's difficult and may take some time.
Pros
great culture, great management, good people
great benifits and a good place to gain experience
Clinical Lab Technician III at Myriad Genetics (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2015
A molecular diagnostics company with top of the line equipment, great benefits, some employees have no access on site gym and other on site benefits. Management is not concerned with retaining board certified individuals. Management is more concerned about numbers, less concerned with following the companies vision.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor work life ballance
Genetics company with a goal of helping people beat cancer
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2016
I learned a lot about insurance companies and preauthorizations. This is a fast paced environment with strict goals for its employees. I love all of my co-workers and get along with them very well. This company keeps a very close eye on employees, to the extent of monitoring computers and auditing several cases and phone calls.
This is a good place to work. With my short time there I would recomend others to work there.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2012
This is a good place to work. I like the way the leadership interacts with employee's, and how employee's interact with the patients.
Pros
while working my internship every one was very patient with me, and i was able to learn evrything they had to offer me.
Cons
when my internship was over it was time for me to go.
Recent changes with sales model unrealistic
Women's Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
I had worked for Myriad for over four years. Did very well first couple years, then, goals increase dramatically. Now changing the sales approach for selling, it is ridiculous and does not work. Did not share their vision, and it did not work for me.
Pros
Great commissions IF you do well
Cons
Sales model was bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Myriad Genetics, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Myriad Genetics, Inc. Reviews by Location