Mystic Lake Employee Reviews

fun place to work depends on your department
Slots (Former Employee) –  Prior lakeMarch 16, 2018
Supervisors get the promotion without right education.
No knowledge, unprofessional. Talks to customers, except if they're friends, like customers are enemies. Stay away from those people. Co workers are fun.
Pros
Events for employees
Cons
Uneducated supervisors
Bad management, toxic environment.
Beverage Dept (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNFebruary 27, 2018
I worked in the beverage dept where the management belittles you , lies , talks down on you with hostility and no decency or respect. HR well listen if you are native. A manager was dateing a emplyee who worked directly with him which was explained at orientation as a direct violation of policy. One manager was fired due to complaints from a native employee and others as well. Bennifits are good but not worth the abuse. Be prepared to give up nights and weekends with little compensation. Overall very bad place to work.
This is what h*** is!
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNOctober 5, 2017
Sucks your soul the moment you reach the parking lot. HR is a joke. Don't bother. They will turn it around to make it your fault.
Don't trust no one. Everyone is there for themselves.
If they don't like you,they will find a way to get rid of you.
Mystic Lake Casino
VIP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJuly 31, 2017
Great place to work from the bottom up. Advancement opportunity and great benefits. for those with minimal skill they are open to entry level and training.
Great benefits and job security
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNApril 4, 2017
Amazing amount of PTO, lots of strict rules/attendance policy to follow. Very corporate feel. Meet lots of people and drive lots of cool cars. Very steady amounts of tips.
Pros
Lots of time off, tips every day
Cons
Outside all day, very hot and cold at times.
Long commute to work
Cashier/host/busser (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMarch 27, 2017
I liked some of the people at my previous job but the commute was too far and there was favoritism there and i didn't want to be in a work environment like that.
having fun outside out work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 15, 2017
working there did have it's moments when working a shift with certain people was always a fun time because alot of the time we did things outside of work.
Not a nice place to work
Community Center (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 15, 2015
Top down, military, put up and shut up management style. Fear motivated staff. If you want to be included in decisions that affect you and valued for your contribution, look somewhere else. Benefits are good, but not worth the misery.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
not the best place
cook2-lead cook (Current Employee) –  Meadows Bar and GrillOctober 17, 2015
Mystic Lake is great place for benefits and job security, but not much rood to advance. Worked for Mystic for 14 years now and can't seem advance any more.
Managing and maintaining work place
Supervisor Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNOctober 11, 2015
When getting to work I get my paperwork ready for the day. Check in with front desk to make sure guests are being attended to in a timely manner. Go back to the housekeeping section to make sure everyone has proper cleaning supplies to start their day. Afterwards I have to do 135 (Bedbug) check on at least 2 rooms per day, after housekeepers are done cleaning their rooms I go in after them and inspect and grade them. Towards the end of the day I do 2 performance notes on team member good or bad for recognition. Shut down all room approximately 84-100 rooms per section. collect keys from housekeepers mark them off for the day and everyone is free to go.
Pros
Making sure guest recieve the best experience at Mystic Lake Hotel
run away
hotel (Former Employee) –  prior lake mnJuly 23, 2015
Just don't even bother working here.

Unless you would like to be belittled, used treated porrly and just utterly worked to death...

Horrible place to work, horrible for your health and horrible people to be around.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the entire place
Its a fairly good place to work.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJune 8, 2015
Most positions don't pay very well, but you can aways switch positions fairly easily.
Most of the HR actually cares about the problems the employees have.
Not a nice work environment
Casino Floor Server (Former Employee) –  Prior LakeJune 6, 2015
Working as a floor cocktail server was horrible.
They only give you about a weeks worth of training. My coworkers were very unprofessional, and not helpful at all. when asked for additional assistance with ordering drinks, I was belittled and treated poorly. Walking around in heels was agonizing if you're not used to it. The work uniform was very degrading, with
catcalls
Pros
great benefits
Cons
degrading uniform, not enough training, unprofessional work environment
Interesting place to work
Eviromental Custodian (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. The customer's were not always pleasant but over all it was a ok company to work for.'
Disappointing place to work
professional (Former Employee) –  Prior LakeDecember 19, 2014
A typical day was in the office on the computer.
Management was by bullying and disrespect,
Unprofessional atmosphere with foul language, fraternization between employees and management common, yelling, and belittling was near daily,
Cons
long hours, nights, and weekends
Work at Mystic Lake Gaming
Environmental Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNOctober 24, 2014
I liked working at the casino. My duties consisted of keeping it clean and comfortable. I learned good body mechanics to avoid injuries related to work. I also learned safety precautions working with certain chemicals needed to clean the facility. The supervisors were helpful and easy to get along with. I liked working with my co-workers. We were team members, willing to help each other out where ever help was needed. The hardest part of this job was the time it took to get there. I enjoyed this job very much. I met a lot of fun people, guests.
Pros
Discount lunches, provided uniforms, health and dental benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Mystic Lake is a fun place to work. Enjoyed it very much.
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNSeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at Mystic Lake as a blackjack dealer. I learned how to deal, gain confidence in my skills and learned how to work with others.The most enjoyable part is you become a part of a family with the other dealers and employee at Mystic and learn how you can help each other. The friends I made there have lasted and will always be the best part of the job. Working with the guest at Mystic Lake is a unique experience that can only be achieved by working in a casino atmosphere. I would very much like to work at Mystic again as a blackjack dealer.
Pros
Learning the skills that it takes to become a good dealer.
Cons
I really don't have any cons. A job is a job there is no perfect one.
Productive and fun work environment
Spa & Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMay 9, 2014
Typically I come in a couple evenings a week to help break whoever is working the closing shift. I check in any spa appointments, take payment, clean up the spa when it is empty and take care of the keeping the pool deck tidy and free of too much water.

So far it's just been getting me back into the habit of using computers at work, scheduling appointments and answering phones.

I love my co-workers, they are all friendly and willing to help me learn.

I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with management as it doesn't always seem that certain members are interested in being team players so much as expecting us to figure out all problems on our own.

The most enjoyable part is the atmosphere. I love meeting new people and getting to know my co-workers all while learning new things.
Pros
employee appreciation events. discounts at resturants and in the spa.
Cons
not enough hours. can't stay in the hotel or use the pool.
Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 27, 2014
I started work day at 7:45am I had to get all the cleaning supplies ready. Then I had to clean 10-14 rooms a day with a 30 minute break. The hardest thing for me to do every day was make all those beds. The thing I liked about the job was that I got half off my childcare.
Great place for customer service and interacting with customer
Retail  (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMay 27, 2013
Working at Mystic Lake Club Mystic can be a challenge; but if you like to interact with customers then it'll be a job for you. What i learned working there is that everything you do or see is kept privacy due to the casino policy. There are great team members there at club mystic and fun to work with.The hardest part of this job is telling the customer that we can not give away there information unless we have a valid ID or Drivers License, and when we do say that they will yell at you but all you can do is say your sorry and that for them to return when they do have one. The enjoyable part of this job is that when we have a promotion going on at the casino, its fun to see people win tons of money and get happy over it and we get good tips working there.
Pros
We have team member lunch specials for only 3.00
Cons
Working graves shift is a killer