N STREET VILLAGE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working with the less fortunate
Resident Advocate/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2018
Working with the homeless population is always good knowing you're helping someone less fortunate. Immediate supervisor picked and choose who she like and or tried to make uncomfortable. She had no real leadership. Her main mission was to find faults in others
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Being creative
Fast paced
Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2017
I had to work with difficult individuals who was in need of shelter. The clients could be very disrespectful and rude towards staff. A typical day is checking in the ladies when the shelter doors open. Responsible for searching items and hot boxing items when they enter the shelter. I served the dinner to the residents. I had to do intake on new residents. I had to pack out residents who lost their beds due to not following policy of missing curfew.
Pros
good pay
Cons
clients could get away with things
Excellent Job Culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
N Street Village is a fast passed women's center that offer employees an opportunity to serve the larger homeless female population in Washington, D.C. It is an excellent work environment and provides employees with a chance to develop their skills and abilities.
great nonprofit
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2017
providing a service that gives back to the community. easy to get along with clients and staff. I enjoy my hours and my workload. everyone is helpful and courteous
Fun and Productive work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2017
Not there long enough to give comprehensive review. Fun and Productive work environment this is making me do this review for some reason, I liked N street but not enough to actually review the place/.
Good company Bad position
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  1333 N Street NW Wasington, DCJune 23, 2016
I am kind of into the company. The company has been good to me in the time that I have been here. But they will lie to cover thier own butts, because it is predominately women the truth is this is one place where there is not a lot of advancement for men. If you come to this job make sure you come with the mindset to let it hold you over until something a little more substantial comes along. But also a WONDERFUL place to learn some really good resources around Washington DC.
Fun and meaningful
Wellness Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2016
The happiest I have ever been on a job. Overall great atmosphere. I especially like working with the clients. The work is meaningful and fulfilling. Volunteers and management are very pleasant. I hope to grow with N Street village.
N Street Village
Advocate III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2016
I have found over the years of working at N Street Village has been a wonderful experience. I have acquired my skills in case management while working there. I have been able to obtain my BSW and MSW with the ability to merge my education with my job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Upward moblity
A very productive organization to work for.
Program Assistant, Resident Support Services (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2013
I constantly interact with the clients. I have learned a tremendous amount of counseling techniques. The management style may need some improvements. I have dedicated co-workers. One of the hardest part of my job is not being successful in having the women apply for the entitlements, and my most enjoyable is the open line of communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at N STREET VILLAGE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

4.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight