NASDAQ Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 23, 2018
Even though they sold off our division about a year after they purchased us, it was a fairly nice place to work. Not sure why they bought us in the first place.
Condescending, old-school culture w/ a mix of younger, wannabe-reality-tv-show managers; witless VPs and upper execs that expect eggshell-walking staf
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2018
The Times Square office is an unusual environment. It is run by a Mean Girls event staff and an endless parade of VPs that empower them. Since the workspace is shared by CNBC, employees are sometimes made to be props at their desks. Since it is also a rental place for events, sometimes you cannot do your work without retreating elsewhere.

There are too many VPs wasting time calling meetings and too few staff members to help complete the mountains of work. It's an organization that boasts of lean-ness: an employee gets to do the work of two or three people. Emails, calls, texts and other forms of communication are endless over the evenings, early-AM and, of course, holidays & weekends. Employees are always expected to be on call. Many stay to do their actual work after 5.

Depending on the job function, it may be a good place to work if using it as a short-term stepping stone. It's good if you are fairly young, do not value time off or disconnecting when off, and have a lot of energy. You can learn a lot and be exposed to varied experiences.
Pros
Varied experiences, Not boring, Get to do high level work
Cons
Never get to disconnect, Managers / Event staff that condescend, Too much work for too few employees (except for VPs)
Very fast paced but good place to work
Ingles (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCDecember 4, 2018
This company was very fun to work for. Your always busy! My coeworkers and managers always made it fun. The pay was pretty good as well. The benefits are amazing to.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
You may get out a little past your scheduled time
Great work enviornment
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
NASDAQ will check the box for most of the desired qualities that applicants look for in a new employer. The only downside would be career advancement. Depending on the function and segment of the business promotions may be limited.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Limited opportunities for career advancement
My bosses where an easy going group of people I enjoyed working for.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2018
This was my first job after graduating from Keystone Job Corp. I was excited to get this position I learned to handle multi-phone lines, sort and distribute mail.shop for office equipment.
Pros
Located in the District of Columbia
Cons
Crowded commute
Productive and supportive
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Assist with managing team, daily schedules and assignments, meeting, staff meeting etc. Managed database, new hires and client schedules. Scheduled meetings and training's.
Pleasure to work here
Associate Director/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
NASDAQ/FINRA was the dream company to work at. there were many opportunities to advance a career and management was very supportive. Always was mentoring about financial freedom and saving
Pros
Great opportunity to advance
Cons
Downsizing led to lay-off
Cool Place to work
Senior Project Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2018
I had one of the best experience working with Nasdaq. My dept was the most flexible dept. Learned and developed my existing skill sets. Enjoyed working at Nasdaq.
Pros
Flexible
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2018
Nasdaq is a great company to work for, it was close to home, the job is stressful at times but supervisors and co-workers were willing to assist and the hours were flexible.
great location
Senior Market Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 20, 2018
Gave employees chances to learn about Stock Market as they are a competitor of NYSE. Systems were a bit outdated and needed a refresh to stay competitive
Contractor
Designer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 11, 2018
The company was not the best experience that I had in my career. I thought as a whole the company was okay. However, within my department there were some issues that I didn't particularly like and when I addressed them was turned away. I would have stay longer but management was not good. You know what they say people leave there managers not the job.
Great places, great people
Flex Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2018
No complaints. I was treated very fairly. There was a great team atmosphere. People genuinely cared about each other and would help each other out. There was also great expertise within the team. Hours were quite reasonable as well. Development practices were well tuned.

Hard to find much to complain about. The dev team sometimes lacked proper support and planning from within the bigger company, but it was a minor issue.
Pros
Work from home, great dev practices, good people, reasonable hours
Cons
Maybe some lack of direction in the bigger picture on the project as a whole (minor complaint)
Excessive turnover, constant meetings, poor work/life balance
Advisory (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Great benefits - 6% 401k match, and they have nice elements like paid time for volunteering (2 days each year). That said, what management is saying about the culture and what is the reality of the culture are polar opposites.

Nasdaq is a meeting obsessed culture - many individuals spend their entire 9+ hours in the office bouncing from one meeting to another, only to do their real work after hours. It's not uncommon to see people online well past 10 or 11pm and back online at 6 or 7am before making it into the office.

Employees respond to emails on weekends, any hour of the night, on vacations, holidays, you name it. As a result, employees are getting burnt out but continue to force the pace because of recent lay-offs and restructurings.

HR has extreme turnover - you get a new HR rep every few weeks it seems. Ever since the West Corporation deal announcement, things have taken a turn for the worse. Management boasts that the organization is "lean" but the reality is, one person ends up doing the work of 3 people, as one other review mentioned.
Pros
6% 401k, volunteer time (2 days / year), preventative care day
Cons
no work/life balance, meeting obsessed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  NYCMay 30, 2018
Interesting work, found some colleagues to be intelligent and hardworking. Limited work life balance and concerns over downsizing. Decent benefits and compensation.
If you enjoy doing the job of 3 people - this is it!
Compliance Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2018
Nasdaq does not hire a lot ... they will backfill positions vacated by previous employees.

This means you will be doing the job of 3 people because NASDAQ is too cheap to hire enough hands to give you time off...

Be prepared to work during your off hours / vacations and/or weekends...
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Management is too cheap to hire and allow employees true work life balance
Nasdaq is a good place to work with some culture problems
Systems Administrator - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
Nasdaq was a great place to work and I was able to excel. The overall culture was a bit oppressive and hindered professional growth. I enjoyed my time there otherwise.
Good work environment
Senior Client Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Fun work environment. However, there is marginal room for upward growth. Many staff members are overworked. Management typically has their employees best interests in mind.
Great company to work for
Program Manager, Strategic Programs (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Great company to work for; many challenging initiatives; high paced ever changing environment. Frequent strategic changes require one to be very flexible and adoptive.
Great Place to Learn, Poor work/life balance
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
Nasdaq was a wonderful place to grow and advance in my career. The opportunities I had there were amazing. But it is fast paced and extremely stressful. There are way too many meetings during the day so working after hours is a requirement.
fun place and and good people to work with
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  NJ DENovember 30, 2017
productive and competitive support some times at a minimum and even non existant. extremely stressfull and could shorten your life Not a position for every one
Pros
rewarding as for finance and independence
Cons
can be extremely stressfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NASDAQ. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss