Na Hoku Employee Reviews

If you’re disabled and looking for work, this isn’t the place for you.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wailea, HIJuly 15, 2019
I have pre-existing medical conditions that affects my ability to come into work at times; and while I’m able to work a full time schedule around my doctor appointments, I cannot plan when my medical conditions keep me from coming into work. That said, however, I’ve been warned and written up for my attendance by my superiors who have the knowledge of my medical conditions and physical doctor’s notes that excuse me from work.
Relaxed workplace
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 4, 2019
Company culture is relaxed and flexible therefore not many people leave. No room for advancement unless you plan to stay for life before retiring. Routine with little room to take on new responsibilities.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Run away
Fine Jewelry Sales Professional & Keyholder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2019
I did not enjoy my time at Na Hoku. Everyone I worked with either got fired or quit. Within the short six months I was there, by the end I was the associate that had been there the longest.

Managers don’t set clear expectations and talk about employees behind their backs instead of letting them know upfront what can be changed. During holiday time you work 14 days straight without days off and extra long hours so we were constantly getting sick because we were so tired. Salary is low compared to most jewelry companies. The only positive part to this job was that they taught about gemstones and diamonds, which I am thankful for as I now have a new jewelry job that pays much more.
Pros
Experience in jewelry
Cons
Low pay, working 6 days a week or more, everything!
Stressful place with bad management
Sales associate/operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 23, 2019
A good place to get your foot in the door but I wouldn't stay very long. Nepotism is standard there and if you don't suck up to management you will have a hard time
This PLACE sucks....
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2019
This company is garbage. Their managers throw you under the bus everytime something wrong happens never takes responsibility for their mistakesjust blames his employees under him. Manager didn't know what he was doing and sucked at his job. He just thought by bribing everyone in the department he was gonna make peoppe like him.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management and Managers
It Is Okay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2019
Not really understanding. Was injured and fired because I had to go to the hospital on a work day, even though I notified them beforehand. Good if you like to stand in one spot for hours.
Pros
Pay, Free Lunch
Cons
Inconsiderate, Boring, unlrealistic quota for a Kiosk.
Family oriented
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 13, 2019
Na Hoku s a fun place to work even with the fast-paced environment. Customer Service Department works with Special Order Department. There is one Lead Supervisor and One overall Supervisor who doesn't really do much of anything. The Lead does it all. Other than that the company is a good company to work for, The only complaint I have is that when my family member had a stroke, I stayed out of work for two days and got terminated. They have no sympathy for family members or family emergencies.
Pros
40 hours week
Cons
gossiping
Excellent Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 20, 2018
Great company to work for, they support their teams with excellent leadership. They sell a quality product and stand behind it. They are a large company, but treat their teams as family.
Learn alot of different types of pearls,meeting alot of different people and good team workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 17, 2018
Na Hoku is a good company to work for . A lot to learn from this company but at the ending its actually rewarding. Great benefits and with this company you can relocate .
Interesting
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96819August 1, 2018
This job is very neutral, it's boring but fun. It's bad but good. Half the time you're happy half the time you're so bored out of your mind you won't be able to stand it. Music is life though, I've never listened to so much music, literally all 8 hours.
Is this even worth it?
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 22, 2018
If you love to text and basically do anything else besides your actual work that you're being paid to do then this is the job for you! I noticed so many things wrong with my work environment that any one could see that it's not right the second you start. We always have new hires but they never last long, why? Well first of all you're told that when you start everyone in your department is "family." I'll be honest out of all my co-workers only 5 are very nice and do help but the rest are just unbelievable. Best part of my job is when I'm not respected as a human being. I'm sassed all the time, if I ask for help it doesn't rub certain people the right way. I noticed though for no reason at all someone has a personal issue against me and honestly I can say 100% that I have not once disrespected anyone or have done anything but follow the rules/directions I am given. I would love to work here if I was being treated with respect as a person and if people would just please do what they're being paid to do. I have brought up the issue of employees not working when they are clocked in and I got lectured because apparently "it's not my business" as I was told but if I'm working and getting things done when someone is on their cell phone or staring off into space and still getting paid to goof off then it is my business. Also if you love drama then please apply because let me tell you I have never seen so much in my life it doesn't even compare to high school. It's really rare on how many interviews occur, they either call off of never show up. I always thought that if you were a good  more... team player with a positive attitude you'll be able to overcome anything, I was proved wrong and I just don't know why it turned out like this for me. If you're still interested in this position then please join I just want to share my experience with this department. Good luck to future employees I hope you won't be treated like how I was.  less
Pros
Benifits
Cons
No employee parking
Waiste of time
Poopeee (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 9, 2018
This place is not worth your time interviewing. They have the wrong starting salary listed for one, two they are never busy so you will be struggling to even keep a job here, three the manager doesn’t seem to know how to manage. Barely had any questions for me at the interview and I could have been working in the time that she was interviewing me. Waist of time and MONEY.
Pros
None. Unless you dont mind risking not making $20 an hour.
Cons
Not enough pay. Not busy so everyone jumps on a customer at the same time!
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Poipu, HIMay 27, 2018
Able to grow within company and learn as you work. With the right management and guidance, you can really excel within this company. Love the company for what it represents and offers.
Pros
Work with jewelry
Cons
Not consistent
lack or training with high expectations
rather not say (Former Employee) –  HonoluluMay 25, 2018
lack of training with high expectations with very little support from upper management. you will constantly here didn't they train you on that . when the response is no... you get well guess you better figure it out.
Great career
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  VariousApril 23, 2018
I have worked in multiple Na Hoku locations over the past 10+ years. While I have worked with a couple of managers that weren’t very competent, some sharky salespeople & a few obnoxious customers, I doubt there is any company that wouldn’t have these same difficulties. Overall, managers seem to really be invested in their stores, most have great core teams that work really well together & customers tend to be really, really nice.
They pay commission on all sales plus bonuses for making your monthly sales quota and various contests. The quotas seem to be fair; most of us rarely miss it.
There’s a definite advantage to selling exclusive, well-made jewelry from your own factory.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Family owned, mostly exclusive jewelry, Hawaiian music all day, employee discount, paid vacation
Cons
Sometimes it’s boring when there are no customers for hours
Empowering employer treats you like family
Sales Associate, 1st Key (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 30, 2018
NaHoku treats every sales person as a part of the family. Commission scale is is better than others in this industry and there is always someone available to answer questions.
Pros
Aloha business casual uniform, great commission rates on top of moderate hourly pay rate
Cons
Must be willing to work full time year round
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waikīkī, HIMarch 26, 2018
It is not a career job. If you are looking just to provide it is excellent for that two week pay check wait. The team is not a team, they are more focused on themselves then on the value of the company. Sincerely, it is a popularity contest. If you are not liked the management will shut you out! I would not recommend this place of business it will send you into depression. Not worth the time or the energy spent there at all.
Good benefits and compensation
SALES / KEYHOLDER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2018
Bad management both store manager and district manager were sneaky and dishonest.
The store had so much turnover and negative work environment due to management. Morale was very low no one wanted to be there.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor floor coverage had to take lunch one hour after starting shift
Overpriced jewelry and snobby management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Hated my experience working for this company. The training was lacking so I was required to learn much of it on my own, but was not permitted to sell higher priced pieces without proper training...which was never provided.
nice product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIDecember 16, 2017
Honestly the easiest job I have ever had in sales. The products they have are very nice, that combined with travelers looking to buy something to remind them of there trip made it the easiest sales job I have ever had. the manager and a couple employees have never worked in a difficult sales environment so they seemed to have stress levels that ran high.
Pros
easy
Cons
poor managment