Nabholz Construction Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 9, 2018
All the reviews above are for the construction part of the company which seems to be a descent bunch. This review is for the electrical division which sucks. Poor management, poor leadership, lazy, job scared, and Always ready to shift the blame. I would not recommend working in the electrical division.
Pros
Cons
2 or 3 supervisors per employee, They tell you one way then place blame on you, or whoever else they can when its wrong.
Over worked and underpayed
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 17, 2018
I am very hard worker and did 90% of the work why the other workers watched. I have 10 years experience and was paid 15$ hourly and a kid with no experience at all was being paid 14$ hourly. Its another large company that's makes there money off people like me killing themselves. Go elsewhere. I was hired as equipment operator and found myself in a ditch with a shovel for multiple months. So get ready your manual labor period the end.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Long drive, low pay, horrible managament, Job description misleading
Great pay and benefits. Terrible upper management.
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 26, 2018
Great company but top management is terrible at personel choices and the company treats everyone as easily replaceable. If they would learn to appreciate quality employees it would be alot better.
Pros
Great pay amd benefits
Cons
Terrible top management
Terrible Management
Superintendent? (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 11, 2018
Most unprofessional and poorly managed Hillbilly company I have ever encountered. I am amazed the home office allows such a lack of business integrity to exist in the Springfield market.
Poor Poor Field and Office Management in Olathe Office
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KansasFebruary 8, 2018
Would not recommend this company at all. Poor management in the field and in the office. They bully you and if you don't do what they want, your fired! Not a friendly environment at all.
Cons
Management in Field and Office. Poorly run
Awesome place to work. Down to earth workers that were always willing to teach you new trades
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 23, 2017
I had a great experience working at Nabholz construction. I had the opportunity to work with multiple different trades that all showed me their line of work. With this job it was always something different, which I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
Learn a lot of valuable skills
Cons
Long drive
Family oriented, fun place to work
Assistant to the Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 9, 2017
Nabholz is a wonderful place to work. They are very geared toward family life and will work each person on a case to case basis if you are having problems juggling work and family. They are very fair with their compensation, raises and benefits.
Great company and great values..
Lead Skilled Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 22, 2017
But some management micromanage and then place blame on others.. mgmt always arguing and not working well with others.. always seeming to try to find what people want to hear and not really dealing with real world issues in construction policies
Pros
Great upper mgmt
Cons
Bad pm mgmt
It was a great summer job.
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 26, 2017
From what I gathered from working with Nabholz construction was an enjoyable experience. I started as a student worker over the summer at my college. Management was very understanding of my schedule and trusted me enough to later be in charge of my own crew under my main manager. Compensation was low due to me being a student worker.
Labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed working there but didn't enjoy how other employees treated me. Especially if you walked into the job knowing nothing about it, they treat you like you're stupid.
Good company
Installer (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 16, 2017
Good company with good benefits and pay able to move up the latter in the company with special classes threw the company for free. Able to see different jobs
Productive and fun workplace
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 27, 2016
Overall experience was great enjoyed the work, people and enviorement.. Management was good. Learned alot of good ideas
Productive and fun workplace; Safety First
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 27, 2016
In Arkansas' construction industry, Nabholz Construction is one of the leading company's in the industry. They strive to take care of the needs of their employees and their families. Safety first has been their motto since 1949 and it is emphasized throughout the company. Incentives are offered for safety and health. Wellness clinics are provided to the employees and their spouses at no charge twice a year. Managing employees can be difficult, but the teams that have been put into place, will simply astound you. I never thought I could enjoy a job this much.
Challenging Job
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2015
Processed subcontractor applications and maintained project files. I enjoyed assisting the Project Manager and job Foreman with daily projects.
Fun and laid back atmosphere
Project Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2013
I have learned many things including how to be a better leader.
was good job experence
Production manger / Job Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 28, 2013
worked way up from carpenter to production mang. worked on commerical projects, did punch list on jobs , order material, assign work force to projects, inspect all work of others assigned to to job keep job working in a timly manner
Pros
great job experence
Good people to work for. I would like to still work there.
Duties as a general carpenter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 4, 2013
Good people in management. Worked on the best crew. Work got slow and they had no choise but t0 lay a bunch of us off.
Pros
great people . great job.
Cons
they just ran out of work
Good Company with Good People
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Central ArkansasJuly 31, 2012
Nabholz is a good company to work for. The management is experienced in the field and that makes them much more understanding of those who are actually still doing the work on the job sites. The co-workers are generally groups of families and a really good bunch of people to work with day to day. As with any job there will be day to day frustrations but all and all it is a great company and I have enjoyed working out of the central Arkansas office a great deal.
Pros
experienced management, great co-workers, 401k, truck allowance