Nabors Industries
70Average

Nabors Industries Employee Reviews

United States856 reviews
Decent
This company doesn’t treat employees the best. There’s a lot of communication barriers. For how much safety is involved with this company it’s much different in the field. Pay is good but you’re just a worker.
no comment
money is great but company is trash at best, the coworkers can make you fail easily and the fact that the managers do not even recognize that fact completely does not help
Pros
money
Cons
lack of resprect
Upper Management takes advantage of the little guys
What the big guys, and I mean the BIG GUYS, didn't realize was that the Rigs paid their salaries! Loyalty isn't valued and favorites are played big time. Doesn't matter your knowledge, work ethic or LOYALTY. It's who likes you in the company. As long as "the boys in charge" get paid, there's no worries.
Productive and fun place to work
I would simply say that my job n my team, were a home n family away from my own. They were supportive, hard workers and friendly. My pushers were fantastic
Poor upper management
Just a number they dont know who u are dont care treat floor hands with no respect then lay them off all buddy buddy system hard work overlooked. Never have tools or parts always on down time and short handed
Money and The Time
Work life balance. 2 weeks at work 2 weeks off. The money is good and the time off is good. Good safe working environment. Both work and life balanced.
Loyal to employees if you are in the right circles.
Nabors gets 1 star for Job Security / Advancement although this category should not be combined. Nabors is very loyal to employees at the VP level and some lower-level employees. Nabors has many individuals with Vice President in their title that have no reporting employees. Unfortunately, there is no career path at Nabors unless you are personally tied to the COO or one of the VPs. Management opportunities are only filled by political hires or from outside the company. If you are looking for opportunities for advancement through hard work and a well laid-out employee development plan then you need to look elsewhere.
Great place to work and and excellent professional company
I was hired because of my experience and was promoted quickly with excellent compensation my manager, district manager and district vp treated me excellent. They listened to my experience and gave me wanted guidance to me when I asked for it. This is the best company I have ever worked for.
Na
I have enjoyed working at nabors for 5 + years but the oil rollercoaster has been a ride. My work environment and my coworkers are great but, career stability has become more important as I age.
Good perks for employees
Company has gym, dry cleaning, and medical clinic as well as a diner and coffee shop. The people are nice to work with and the overall culture is positive and productive.
Easy Fun place to work
The time off is great. I got to travel a lot in the and got plenty of opportunity for advancement. I was promoted or transferred upon my request and they were able to accommodate my needs as an individual.
Technology company building Oil Rigs
Nabors has turned into a technology company who is still building oil rigs.
Major focus on software designed to operate rigs. Upper management makes changes to policy and procedures without knowing anything about the actual job or what it takes to perform that job.
Great safety program
The company is very safety conscience and strives for a incident free workplace. The company believes is stop work authority giving anyone, regardless of job position, the ability to stop an operation if they view the work is unsafe.
Great learning
During last six years, I have experienced and learned a lot. I have received time to take my MBA and have received a scholarship to study. I have enjoyed multiple team environment.
Good company to work for
Great people grew a lot learning from hands on experience. Got to see the tool from beginning stages up until now the complex downhole tool that is today.
Good company just small
Morning safety meeting and going over jsa's with the crew making sure everyone understands their job position. Offloading and backloading work boats and moving equipment around the deck
They do not care about anyone
If I was starving to death I would never take a job with this company. While I was there I saw more than 10 different district managers come and go for stealing, having inappropriate relations with office personal, corruption you name it.
Not Good
In 26yrs in this profession, this is one of the worst I've been with. They like it when you work over or work late until it's time to pay the bill. You better keep track of your own hours because you were going to get screwed out of money as often as possible.
Cons
Dont like to pay you
Oil, gas , energy
It's a great company, and a great family. Show up and work hard and the feeling of belonging and acceptance will fall into place. I would recommend them to anyone
It was somewhat OK experience
As I was new I got an opportunity to learn new things. Very challenging to work and reasonable support from the management and staff it was mostly satisfactory
Stressful work
good work enverment good people, just fast pasted and ready to roll.
i dont know what else to put so i am just typing to type hope everyone is having a good day and night.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nabors Industries. Our community is ready to answer.