Nabors Industries Employee Reviews

Great company
Drilling Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
Nabors Industries is to me the real school of my professional life. During a decade I travelled the world and had the chance to work in different countries acquiring knowledge and experience thanks to the good working culture promoted across all areas of business. Without a doubt I would work again for Nabors.
Pros
Great Culture of Work and opportunities to grow
Cons
Salaries might be low for some positions compared with other companies
Poor management
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2018
Good money, if you're a shill you can fly under the radar and stick it out in a go nowhere group. If youdont mind changing light bulbs under the desk, then you can move right on up. Rig managers, and superintendents play favorites, and pick which rules apply to which employees. Very crooked cut throat environment. They are broke because they make poor decisions, and give the wrong people to much leverage.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Poor leadership
View of a Contract Employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXNovember 18, 2018
I worked for Nabors after the acquisition of Tesco Corporation. I was a contract employee for the organization, and as the the need for my position came to an end, the work pace declined steadily. The management was very helpful and communicative, the pay was competitive. My only true complaint was that there was no chance for advancement during my time with the company.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, competitive pay, understanding and communicative management
Cons
No benefits, no advancement opportunity, contract employment
Slow productive work place
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaNovember 19, 2018
Hard typical day of work depends from the current operation.
Most of the time you learn to be resourceful with the little support you have.
Management have a fair share to provide assistance sometimes very slow and unprepared.
The workplace culture amounts the workers are very good.
The hardest part of the job if there a lack of management support when major issues occur.
The most enjoyable part is when the crew all work together to achieve a curtain goal.
Pros
Free party's or BBQ
Cons
Working the rigs is not for everyone.
RIG MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 10, 2018
The hours are long, the weather is not always great, and the clock is always ticking. However, the pay is outstanding. The crews are your family and some of the operators you work for are amazing. You will work, but its not as tough as it used to be. The newer rigs are light-years ahead of the old stuff!
Pros
Time off and pay rates
Cons
Being away from loved ones.
Management put work ahead offamily
Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Working at Nabor's revolved around schedules. If you were ahead of schedule there was no praise. Running behind schedule even if no fault of your own was still your fault. Saturday's were mandatory work days because they would tell the customer unreasonable deadlines and they had to be met.
Pros
Cons
Extremely micromanaged
Good work place
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, TXNovember 20, 2018
I loved working for this company. I had so many chances to advance and become better at my job. I moved up very fast. It was very hard laborious work. There wasn't a day I didn't come home dirty and tired. The company paid for everything when we worked far out of town. They gave me my own work trunk after six months.
Pros
Advance fast
Cons
Short breaks, never home
Too far to comute
Floor Hand and Derrick man (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 13, 2019
I like the job but it was too far to co mute. 4 miles south of the Canadian Boarder.
I worked two weeks on and two weeks off. I lived in Loveland Colorado and the drive in the inter back and forth was bad.
All my crew were great people and the pay was wonderful.
Pros
Good pay good people
Cons
Too far to drive back and forth
Not a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This is a company where senior level management retains most of the compensation with very little distributed to the lower levels of management.

Management is demanding of its employees and rarely rewards them base on my time with the company.

Unless you find the perfect job with them I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours with little reward
No work
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Indiana paOctober 1, 2018
If you don't want to work this would be a job for you, the pa district that does casing does not give u no more than 20 hour's a week and never get a raise. Only get paid 15.50 an hour.
I'm not sure about how their rigs run or whatever but don't run casing thru nabors. Run away! If they want u to work at the nabors casing in Pennsylvania
Cons
No paycheck, horrible over priced health care
this place is just a paycheck
Motorman/Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
way overworked! work was Monday-Saturday with no knowledge ahead of time if you would even have Sunday off. Your job title did not reflect pay. Roustabouts got paid Trainee pay, Floorhands received Roustabout pay grade, so forth and so on. Horrible management and stressful, no time for family. All this place cares about is getting rigs built!!!
Recent amenities are nice; benefits not competitive
Sr. System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
Recent amenities are nice

Free Fitness Center
Free Clinic
Bistro & Coffee shop

Benefits not competitive with previous employers

Salary and Vacation in particular
Pros
Free Fitness Center Free Clinic Bistro & Coffee shop
Cons
Salary and Vacation policies
Great people to work alongside!
Electrical Engineer Manager Offshore (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
Nabors offers great people to work alongside. Everybody works with and helps one another to get the job done. There are some long hours and sometimes some difficult travel, but a really enjoyable place to work
Pros
Great People!
Cons
Poor management at the upper levels
12hr shift accomplish all task needed for the day
Motorhand/Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2018
nobody goes home hurt safety first team work good communication wear all PPE required for the job at hand go to pre safety meeting get the days task the need to be done be rested and well prepared for the work day complete all task assigned do safety paperwork for each task assigned make good releif show relief task needed to be done or any safety issues the need addressed
Pros
a safe busy day goes by fast
Cons
equipment problems
Excellent company
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXAugust 21, 2018
Though the work load is hectic at times, management and staff always had a smile on their faces and everyone was willing to step in and help everyone if needed. I had the ability to learn a couple of different operating programs which gave me the skills to move forward in my management career.
Pros
Ability to work from office and from home
Lead tonge
Lead Tong (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 5, 2018
every day was a learning experiment its was the coolest job. yes it was hard work. but it was challenge every day other employee showed team leader skills never had to do a one man job by myself safety always a big factor its was my second family
Pros
housing & respected employees and awesome pay
Cons
treated fairly i loved that job
good company to work for
RIG MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kazakhstan-Colorado- UtahDecember 18, 2018
If you are willing to do your job , listen, learn , its a great opportunity no complaints , dont expect promotions every 6 months , sometime takes awhile to move up but its better to know your job before moving up, then to move up and not know your job
Skills, challenged
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAAugust 8, 2018
Continuously learning, adapting, perfecting skills. Allowed me to become proficient with multiple pieces of heavy equipment. Muscle building. Expanding to other areas throughout the yard.. Enhanced physical strength. Often called for thinking out of the box.
Pros
Training & growth allowed advancement and pay increases.
Cons
I can't remember any
Suck hole
Field coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 27, 2018
This place will suck the life out of you and give you nothing in return then throw you out in the street like the garbage. No advancement opportunities for their field employees unless you are related to someone or you are in the good ol boy club.
normal oil rig job,
Floorhand/Roughneck (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
hard to move up unless u know people in upper management, just anther number to this company. pay was decent and competitive but Nabors would stack a rig over 1000 day rate instead of keeping the rig working and having jobs.