Nabors Industries

United States903 reviews

Found 903 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,239 reviews
rigdrilloiloilfieldsafetybenefittrainnumb

Great starting pay.

With little or no experience you can get paid well. There is an issue with no experience though. If you enter this industry with no experience most coworkers will hold it against you. Working for people who have forgotten where they started and came from can be frustrating.

Pros

Gray pay.

Cons

No breaks. You are supposed to get breaks and lunch but you don't.

hard work good pay ton of overtime in that era

good job for young kids who dont know what they want to do in life yet. layoffs will happen no matter what happens in the world. just save and invest the money you make

Nabors Industries insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment

Lake work for nabors company company safe and protector and give you all the tools you need

floor hand motor man 17 years I like what for them nabors safety and good company they help me a lot for my family thanks to nabors I like work with my friends working it's like family to me always safe

Safe knowing you are able to go home

Excellent knowing you are trained with others and able to go home because of the number one thing that is possible there and it’s safety if I could recommend anyone this would be the company to work for

Technology focused, good collaboration

Forward looking company . Good teaming at the top. Collaborative environment. Industry challenges are there. Pay and comp should be adjusted to be fair with market

When the price is up the works good

Dam good company to work for if your loyal to them they will be loyal to you, great benefits including 401k if you get 5 years w em which makes you fully vested. The cons is like any oil company when the boom is boomin it’s good when it’s not it’s not

Pros

Good benefits put away 60k in 5 years

Cons

When it’s your two weeks to work nothing else matters

Execs pillage the company, running at a loss for 5+ years, and CEO makes more & more each year.

Top heavy, poorly managed. Middle managers are sociopaths, with no interest in helping team to develop and grow careers. Dead end job. Upper management pillages the company. Company has operated at a loss for 5+ years, yet CEO made more in 2020 than in 2019, WITH a huge market downturn... oh, he took a 20% "salary cut", but then just issued himself more stock to more than cover any reduction, further lessening the value per share.. on top of a 50:1 REVERSE stock split, just to stay viable on the NYSE.... POORLY run company that cant earn even a breakeven rate for its services because they don't know how to value sell and instead give away the farm just to operate a drilling rig, at a loss.... Too many poorly informed decision makers acting on bad information because the people who do know and who are honest about the information are shunned and chastised.

Pros

Gym and cafe on site

Cons

pay not commensurate with contribution, no advancement, management, pay raises dont even keep up with inflation and rising health insurance premiums

Toxic Work Environment

-No management support which harbored toxic work environment amongst peers-Salary stagnant -No real path provided to move up-workplace culture overall stress

Pros

Doctor clinic on site

Cons

Work culture

Should of been great but was a nightmare

Worse management ever. Always micromanaging and critical of every single thing you do. 3 people in my department quit in the same week.... should have seen a red flag but took job anyway.

Pros

free snacks & coffee

Cons

horrible management

How they always cut your pay

Nabors is an oilfield company that workload varies with price of oil. Nabors will continue to reduce your pay when oil is cheap , and never raise it to previous levels, when oil prices are higher. Years of dedication mean nothing, you are a number on a spreadsheet and the lowest number wins.

Pros

Varied equipment to sharpen your skills

Cons

You are a disposable tool to the company, that will be replaced when a cheaper version is available

Missing information

We weren’t really provided with tasks that needed to be done. Most of the time, we had to find things to do on our own. It was really hard to work there with minimum information.

Great company

Great company, great benefits, great hours, overtime allowed, schedule based on seniority. Ability to move up in the company if you put effort into it.

It’s good money but your constantly worried about getting laid off at any moment and you don’t move up fast by any means.

Pay is good but everything else about it sucks you stay gone 2 weeks at a time most of the time in the middle of absolutely no where. If oil prices go down your worries about losing your job and everything you own

Pros

Good pay and benifits

Cons

Everything about rig life

Average O&G company

Oilfield drilling organization is fast paced. Some rigs are great, others not so great. Industry as a whole is up and down constantly. If you can put up with the nuances of the industry, then Nabors is an OK place to work.

Pros

can work out at work, onsite full gym

Cons

average benefits, typical oil and gas layoffs

Hard work pays off

Good time off , good pay , west Tx wasn’t very fun but money is money . Be ready to work your tail off that’s for sure . There are no easy days . But In the end when you get your 2 weeks off with a big check , makes it all worth it .

Pros

Money, days off

Cons

Bunk houses

Good company with good people-split week pay is horrible for oilfield work

Some of the best people to work with. good rigs and equipment. however, when a company as big as nabors splits the pay weeks for their hard working employees, the culture and motivation goes down to a significant level. Some of the hardest work imaginable, and they refuse to pay full overtime weeks when work slows down, and the last company to give it back when it picks back up. The amount of paperwork is ungodly and is ridiculous.

Pros

good work schedule

Cons

split pay weeks

Ambiente amigable con mucho aprendizaje

Aprendí la cultura de seguridad y el respeto al medioambiente y la importancia hacia el capital humano.

Pros

Seguro social y privados

I worked in IT and the environment is so negative. Poor management, ambiguity in work and lack of appreciation. Fire experienced hard working people.

I worked in IT department.Poor management direction. Lot of internal politics. Managers can't take decisions on their own. Toxic environment. All the employees morale is down. Unhealthy competition. Complex and unreliable systems.

Pros

I could hardly think of any pros

Cons

Poor management and systems

Not for the weak willed

Good place to work as long as you don’t mind hard work. Pay is good. Rewarding if you enjoy hard work. I quickly advanced but to do so you have to not be afraid to get dirty and sweat. A lot asked of guys on the bottom of the totum pole. Keep your head down and work hard and you’ll have no problems.

Good company, good pay

I enjoy my job. There are good people here and the oil field pays well. You just have to understand that this is the oil field and the work availability will fluctuate. Volatile industry at times, that no secret.

Pros

Good pay, benefits and people. Great safety culture

Cons

Oil field is an up and down industry

Terrible company

One of the worst places I have ever worked as far as caring about employees. Would never get proper things to fix rig correctly, just pieced it together and wondered why it fell apart more

Pros

Decent wages

Cons

Lack of care for rigs and employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nabors Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits