Nabors Industries
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Nabors Industries Employee Reviews

Good place to work as long as you don’t mind hard work. Pay is good. Rewarding if you enjoy hard work. I quickly advanced but to do so you have to not be afraid to get dirty and sweat. A lot asked of guys on the bottom of the totum pole. Keep your head down and work hard and you’ll have no problems.
I enjoy my job. There are good people here and the oil field pays well. You just have to understand that this is the oil field and the work availability will fluctuate. Volatile industry at times, that no secret.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and people. Great safety culture
Cons
Oil field is an up and down industry
One of the worst places I have ever worked as far as caring about employees. Would never get proper things to fix rig correctly, just pieced it together and wondered why it fell apart more
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Lack of care for rigs and employees
Average. Doesn’t pay well. No advancement opportunities. Standard buyer job with average pay and benefits. Good campus with cafeteria, gym etc. nice people.
Nabors was a good place to work. Like many large oil and gas companies, there are days you enjoy your job, and others you don't. Overall, I enjoyed the work. The only downfall is the volatility of the industry. That creates a lot of conditions that make the work very difficult to manage.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great bunch of people to work with. Everyone pitches in to get the job done In a timely and safe manner. I would recommend this company to anyone that wanted to go offshore.
If you worked on a rig you know what it's. It does play favoritism, but only on the rig. The pay isn't bad, it the split pay that suck. It's a oil rig.
its a job, not play its not called work for nothing. but if you have to have a job, this company if fair and a good place to work in the community and is a family owned business
Was a great place to work overall and they compensate well. You just have to be used to changes, as this is the oilfield. Oilfield also generally requires long hours and schedules.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work/life balance
I worked for Nabors drilling for about 3 yrs in wyoming, you work in all weather conditions 24/7/365 depending on where your schedule happens to fall. I've been out there on Christmas Eve and left the rig at 6 am Christmas morning. I've also spent thanksgiving on the rig. It pays well but family is second in this industry.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Being away from family
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nabors Industries?
Absolutely will make great money but your away from home two weeks at a time. The oilfield is very unstable so save those paychecks and don't go hog wild buying a house a monster truck and every toy you have ever wanted. Seen so many guys lose all there stuff including there wife's when things go bad in this field.
Pros
Money and the schedule can go either way
Cons
Unstable industry
After lengthy employment, I can say Nabors is a great place to work. My experience was great due to working with the right people. Work-life balance can be difficult but that's a known factor in oilfield work as is to be expected. Consistent work and pay were competitive.
Horrible place to work. It wasnt a good place to work. The management was bad. They changed our rate of pay from hourly to percentage then they eventually laid us off.
They had a good safety culture there. Top of the line Equipment and R&D spent well on new and improved equipment and methods. I would recommend this place to anyone looking.
Nabors was the best job I ever had. Worked for them about a year as a roustabout and then moved to west Texas to work floors. The pay was fair for the job you were doing. I wish I could still work for this company but unfortunate things like coronavirus and oil price crash screwed that up. Was laid off and never got a call back.
Pros
Fair pay. Off 14 days
Cons
Oil based mud and dangerous environment
I loved the team I worked on. Everyone was very helpful. My manager and supervisor was extremely easy to work with. I'd still be there if it weren't for the pandemic.
Pros
Free medical care with a nurse practitioner on campus
Cons
Lots of work and overtime
Worked Motors. Loved my job. I would still be there if the oil sector had not plummeted. The time off is the best at 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. It's definitely a boom and bust job.
Loved the guys on my crew for the most part. Pushers were pretty cool. Upper management took 20% of bonuses so we receive them quicker & didn’t get them for another 6 months. Also split weeks suck and pay scale is lower than most other companies.
Pros
Great group of guys
Cons
Upper management screws you
They're one of the worlds largest oil field service providers. It's everything you'd expect from a huge corporation. Hard work for decent pay, but there's a massive disconnect between the field and the corporate office.
Its a good company to work for but due to market conditions job security is lacking. There are constant lay-offs going on and departments are short handed.
Being a operation manager I was a easy out for other people’s issues never any support or time off, equipment was second hand left over from bone yard and I had to make sure it all produced and performed daily! It didn’t
  1. Employee Reviews